Chapter 2

Finding Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A few minutes had passed before Tris spotted Kihyun making his way past the crowd towards her. He wore black jeans and a white formal shirt with rolled up sleeves. His dark hair pushed back revealing his forehead just the way Tris liked it. Hungry stares from girls were directed his way, much to Tris’s discontentment. Even though Tris had no doubt of Kihyun’s loyalty to her, she still felt the need to show those around her that he was hers, hers only. With this resolution Tris approached Kihyun.

Kihyun’s face lit up the moment he saw Tris walking towards him. Kihyun had been in a string of bad relationships before he met Tris. None of the girls he had dated in the past understood his passion for singing nor did they understand the amount of time and dedication it took to achieve his goal of being an idol. Even though his heart was fully invested in those relationships, his significant other at the time thought otherwise. They always saw him as someone who was just using them to pass free time or someone who doesn’t want a serious relationship due to the lack of time that they spent together since he was too busy “chasing his dreams”. To these girls it looked like Kihyun had never given them his heart. These misunderstandings eventually led to breakups, breaking Kihyun’s heart in the process. After these incidents Kihyun built an invisible wall around him safeguarding himself from further heartbreak.

After almost a year of being single, Kihyun had met Tris during Mcountdown, one of the many music shows where they both were special MC’s. At first he didn’t want to think much of the situation. Tris was just another girl or rather that’s what he wanted to believe. He didn’t make any attempts to be friendly or go out of his way to make her feel comfortable during rehearsals even though he was a low-key Tris fan. He had secretly followed ALT’s debut and he had taken an interest in Tris. Her contrasting appearances caught his attention. Off stage she was, in Kihyun’s words, an adorable little puppy that wore her heart on her sleeve. However on stage she transformed into a fierce rapper, one that could put SMTM contestants to shame. He couldn’t help but admire her.

With each passing day Kihyun’s cold exterior started melting away. And his admiration for the idol Tris turned into affection for the person Tris. By the end of the week the pair could be mistaken for childhood friends. There were no awkward s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter