Chapter 4

Finding Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

ALT’s dorm - The morning of the braai.

Tris was digging through her closet whilst sitting on a pile of discarded clothes. Nothing seemed to satisfy her. “Too formal” she said as she picked up a blazer and added it to another pile that was growing next to her. “Too y” she sighed as she picked up a strappy one piece. Whilst discarding that item of clothing she heard her phone buzz. She reached over to the pedestal and grabbed her phone. After numerous attempts to get her screen display on she finally saw a text from “My King”. A smile instantly spread across her face.  Tris and Kihyun have been dating for a few months now yet every text and every date felt like the first.

Tris was excited. She wanted to play matchmaker ever since Kihyun told her about Hyungwon being an ALT fanboy and about having the biggest crush on Lala.

She eagerly made her way to Lala’s room. Lala was sitting at her desk. She had her head down, eyebrows furrowed. She looked determined as she ferociously scribbled on a piece of paper.

“Hey, what are you doing?” Tris asked.

Lala looked up, her tensed brows relaxed as she saw Tris. “I’ve been trying to write a song for about two weeks now but I can’t seem to get a verse down” she said in annoyance as she squashed up the piece of paper she was writing on and threw it into the overflowing bin. The ball of paper ended falling from the top of the heap and rolled towards Tris. Tris picked it up as she approached Lala.

“You need to cut yourself some slack. There’s no need to rush, we have more than 6 months to go before we have our next comeback. And the lyrics will come naturally once you have something or someone to write about.” Tris smiled at Lala. “You need to relax, go out, enjoy life” Tris continued as she managed to squeeze the ball of paper into the bin.

“Yeah, yeah” Lala said uninterested as she took another piece of paper.

“Speaking of going out, Kihyun invited me to a braai this evening. Wanna come along? Maybe it will help with your writers block” Tris looked at Lala expectantly.

“Thanks, but no I don’t want to spend my night being a third wheel” Lala rolled her eyes at Tris. She appreciated the gesture but she didn’t want to spend her night around a lovey dovey couple. She refocused her attention on her piece of paper determined to write a verse, or a line, or even a word.

“Don’t be silly, you won’t be a third wheel when there will be six handsome and eligible bachelors at this braai. Besides when last have you gone on a date or even flirted with someone. This will be good for you!” Lala froze in her spot. She slowly turned her head towards Tris “Six?! Are you telling me none of them are taken except for your man?”

“Yep” Tris nodded. “They are yours for the taking. You can pick, choose and refuse.” Tris smirked.

It didn’t take more than a second for Lala to respond with “I’m in!” as she put pen down. She gave Tris a toothy smile as she got up from her spot and walked over to her closet. Excitement was building up, it had been a while since she dated. Life was just too busy for those things. “What time is it?”

“I was thinking of going around 4pm”

“What are you going to wear?” Lala asked as she browsed through her clothes.

“I don’t have an

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter