Moon Jong Up : the different sides of distraction

B.A.P. Valentine’s Day Oneshots ♥

 

 

You took out your video camera and captured what you were currently seeing. You smiled. ‘There’s definitely love in the air.’ You passed the hallways and there were balloons, chocolates and gifts everywhere. Your smile faded. ‘Is it really wonderful to fall in love?’ You shook your head. ‘It ill only be a distraction.’ You turned around and almost jumped out of your skin when you saw how close Jongup’s face was to yours.

“HOLY CRAP!” You shouted and put a hand on your chest.

He remained smiling and raised an eyebrow. “Is that how you greet people on Valentine’s Day?”

“Oh…I’m sorry. Good morning Jongup!!!!” You smiled and turned off your video camera.

“Were you filming?”

“Yeah, I was. Apparently, I really need to work on it as early as now.” You said and avoided his gaze.

“There’s still two years until we graduate, you know.”

“If I don’t work on it right now, in the future there might be…” You looked up to him. “…distractions.”

Jongup couldn’t help but admire you. ‘She’s so hardworking and serious. She’s my exact opposite and at the same time, exactly my type.’ “Well, if you need anything, just ask me, ok?” He smiled one more time and walked away.

You had a worried expression on your face. You put a hand on your heart, which was beating fast. ‘See, _____? Love IS a distraction.’ You sighed.

 

 

-------------

 

 

You walked out of the school and towards the bus stop. The bus arrived and you went inside and grabbed a seat by the window. Just as the bus was about to close, a guy went in took a seat across the aisle from you. You weren’t surprised that Jongup was with you, though. Both of you always took the same bus.

You were tempted to look at him but you didn’t. ‘Love is a distraction. You absolutely CAN’T fall in love.’ You closed your eyes and immediately remembered the fight you had with your father.

 

 “I will be taking up filming in college, dad.” You gulped as your father’s usually calm face turned into a scowl.

“Do you even know what you just said? Filming?!”

“There’s absolutely nothing wrong with filming!” You shouted.

“Of course there’s something wrong!!! How much are you going to earn?!”

“Money isn’t that important-“

He cut you off. “You can only earn a lot of money IF you make good movies, like the ones that get awards in the Oscars or in the Cannes. Tell me honestly, _______, do you think you can make a movie good enough to make you rich?!”

“I told you, dad, money isn’t that important to-“

“Money is the most important thing-“

“YES!” You shouted in his face. “I’ll make you a damn good film and shove it in your face once it earns recognition!!! By then, I hope you’ll realize how you crushed my happiness when you doubted my skills and passion in filming! “ you blinked and tears streamed down your face.

 

Without realizing it, you were already crying. You felt someone beside you. “Jongup?”

He was actually surprised because you started crying for no reason. He took out his handkerchief and gave it to you. You just looked at it in shock. He smiled and started wiping your tears for you. After that, he took your hand and put his handkerchief on it and smiled at you. “Stop crying, ok?”

The bus stopped and he got off. You watched him by the window. Then, you looked at the handkerchief he gave you.

“Anyone else who wants to get off?” the driver was about to start the bus when he noticed someone standing from the corner of his eye.

You were surprised that you were standing. Everyone was staring at you expectantly. “Umm…I’ll get off.” You hurriedly got out of the bus and followed the direction Jongup took a while ago.

 

--------------------

 

Meanwhile, Jongup was walking in an alley that would’ve been very dark if it wasn’t for the moon. He stopped walking and remembered something you said when he transferred to your school a few years ago.

 

“Why is he called Moon Jongup, anyway? He should be called Sun Jongup since he’s bright and lively like the sun.”

 

He genuinely smiled at the memory. That was the first time he heard your voice and he immediately became drawn to you.

You saw him and stopped. Actually, it was as if your heart stopped. Yes, Jongup always smiled but his smile right now, it’s…different. You immediately took out your video camera and recorded it. The moonlight shone on just the right angles of his face. You can’t help but admire how good-looking he was at that moment.

“Yo, dancing boy. It’s been a while since we last saw you.” A deep voice called out.

His smile faded. “What do you want?!” he snapped.

You became surprised. You never heard him snap at anyone.

“Watch your tongue, Jongup, because if you won’t, I might actually cut it off.”

Silence.

The mystery guy suddenly laughed like a maniac. “Now come with us to the dance battle. The prize is pretty big, you know.”

“It’s illegal.”
He laughed again. “If it wasn’t illegal, then the prize wouldn’t be so big, wouldn’t it?”

“You know what my other reason for quitting is.”

“Ah, the fighting part. Well, you’ll just have to endure that.”

“I don’t want to fight anymore.” You heard him grit his teeth.

“I’ll force you then.” The mystery guy revealed himself to be a bulky tattooed man and he started cracking his knuckles.

Jongup was scared. You can see it in his eyes which has lost the spark it always had. You had to think of something.

The guy raised his fist. Just as he was about to hit Jongup, a rock hit the back part of his head. “YAH! Who was that!?”

You lowered the video camera you were carrying and stepped out of the shadow.

Jongup’s eyes widened. ‘What the hell is she doing here?!’

“So, you brought a friend.” He looked at you from bottom up. “ She’s pretty, maybe we can use her for-“

He wasn’t able to finish his sentence since Jongup punched him hard on the face. “The HELL I’m going to let that happen.”He fell on the floor while Jongup ran to you and grabbed your shoulders. “YAH!!! What do you think are you doing here?! Don’t you know how dangerous this place is?!”

You couldn’t recognize him anymore since he was angry. He never got angry. He was always the bright smiling Jongup.

Some men arrived. The bulky guy that Jongup punched shouted. “GET THEM!!! I WANT BOTH OF THEM NOW!!!”

I looked at Jongup. He grabbed my hand and we started running like there was no tomorrow.

 

-----------

 

We stopped for a moment to catch up on our breath.

“THEY’RE THERE!!!”

And just like that, we were running again.

While running, I suddenly thought that this could become a great film. I turned my video camera to him. “Say ‘hi’ Jongup.”

He looked at the camera, then at me. The worried and scared face of his immediately brightened up and smiled. “You do know that we are currently running for our lives right now, right?”

“Now, that’s the Jongup I know.” You smiled.

His face softened up. But then, he heard footsteps. He grabbed you and pulled you into a tight passage between some walls.

You turned off your video camera. You were so scared right now that you didn’t notice how close you were to Jongup. You only realized that when you turned your head and his face was barely an inch from yours.

You gasped and stopped breathing.

He, on the other hand, started to regret hiding there. ‘I hope she doesn’t hear how fast my heart is beating right now.’

Some guys in black started running past the both of you. He wrapped his arms around you and pulled you further into the shadows.

One of the guys stopped and frowned in confusion. Your eyes widened in panic. ‘Crap, we’re SO dead.’

Jongup, too, was in panic. But his panic immediately went away when the guy ran away, following the other men.

He waited a few more minutes to be sure that they’re gone. After that, he dragged you and started running again.

 

--------------

 

Both of you arrived in front of your house. Jongup was about to leave but you grabbed his wrist. “Where are you going?”

“I need to go home.”

“It’s dangerous.”

“I’m more dangerous.” He smirked.

Your jaw dropped. ‘How many sides of Jongup have I seen today?! I only see him smile but today, I saw him get worried, angry, panicky, concerned and now he’s SMIRKING?! Absolutely unbelievable.’

He leaned down until you foreheads touched. He cockily tilted his head. Still smirking, he said. “You owe me one for saving your life tonight. Remember that, ok?” He slowly stepped backward.

“______? Is that you?” someone called from your house. You turned around for a moment to see who it was but when you turned back, Jongup was gone.

 

---------------

 

You connected your video camera to your laptop and looked through the videos. ‘Ha! I can seriously make an action movie with all these videos!’ You just finished freshening up and you wanted to start on your film right away.

You jumped up when a pebble was thrown at your window. You frowned. ‘Maybe it was just some bird or something like that.’ You were about to sit down when another pebble was thrown. You went to the window and opened it. You immediately ducked when there was an upcoming pebble. It landed on your carpeted floor.

You looked at it for a moment then looked out the window. Jongup was outside your gate. He threw a pebble in the air and caught it again. But even though you were up in your bedroom, you could feel him smirking. You tried to stop yourself from smiling, but failed.

You turned the doorknob and was about to get out when you saw your laptop. ‘Love is a distraction.’ You looked at the window longingly. ‘But maybe I can afford to get distracted for a while.’

 

----------

 

Jongup became amused at how you were running towards the gate. He stifled a laugh when you almost tripped. But he was so surprised when you ran to him and hugged him. “Are you okay?”

“Of course I am.” He replied.

When you looked up, you gasped a little at his bruised cheek. “What happened?!”

“It’s nothing.”

You frowned. “I’ll get some ice.”

He grabbed your wrist. You looked down at his grip then looked at him. He took a deep breath. “You owe me one favor, right?”

You nodded.

“Can I ask for that favor right now?”

You nodded again, this time, curious of what he’s up to.

He circled his arm around your waist and pulled you closer. He softly kissed your forehead. He bumped his forehead to yours and looked at your surprised face. He smirked.

“Why are you smirking again?!” You complained.

‘So cute.’ He kissed the tip of your nose.

You immediately became speechless.

“Happy Valentine’s Day, by the way.”

“Are you sure that you’re Moon Jongup?”

He became amused again at your question. “Why are you asking that?”

“That’s because I only know a Jongup who smiles non-stop throughout the day. But today, it’s like I’ve met a million other Jongups.” You frowned in confusion.

He laughed and massaged the space between your eyebrows upward so you wouldn’t frown anymore. “I’m human, too, you know. I don’t just feel happiness; I can feel a million other things, too. I can be happy, sad, I can get angry and I can even…” He looked straight at you. “…like someone.”

Your heart was beating like crazy just a second ago but when you heard what he said, it stopped.

“I like you.” He brushed away some strands of hair away from your face.

You thought about the film that you needed to finish. “Jongup, I…”

“I can wait.”

You watched him smile at you, like he always does.

“I will wait. I know that you’re not ready yet.” You can hear a trace of disappointment in his voice.

He stepped back and turned around, but before he can go, you blurted out, “But for the record, just know that the feeling is mutual.”

He stopped and turned around to face you.

“I like you, too.” You said with a shaky voice.

He wanted to jump up and down due to happiness but instead, he smirked cockily and said. “I know that already.”

You scoffed. “So conceited.”

He winked and gave you a salute.

“Does anyone know where ________ is?” your father’s voice echoed from inside. You looked at the house, scared that your father might see Jongup, but when you turned back around, he disappeared. Instead, a single red rose was lying down at the same spot where he stood a couple of seconds ago.

 

 

You picked it up and admired how beautiful it was. With a smile, you went inside the house, determined to finish the film.

 

 

 

Sorry~! I know that you guys have waited tooooooooooo long for this. So what can you say about Jongup's (or should I say, PEATER RABBIT xD) chapter? The reason why I was inspired to write this was my cousin. HE LOOKS A LOT LIKE JONGUP!!! Unfortunately, he's my cousin so I can't just get him as my replacement for Jongup. Not to mention that he's only about to turn 2 years old!!!

 

Life is so unfair. I want a boyfriend. xD

 

BTW, only Zelo's chapter left!!! Cheer on me until the end, ok?