Jung Daehyun: Hidden Admiration

B.A.P. Valentine’s Day Oneshots ♥

 

 

“Hey, guys, let’s put more mud here!”

“Yeah, sure. Let’s put as much mud as we can. The masked kid deserves it.”

“He’s such a loser! Who does he think he is, wearing a mask and not even talking to anyone?”

“We should write the word ‘LOSER’ using the mud… “

You walked to your locker and noticed what they were doing. You shook your head. ‘What did Daehyun do wrong? Can’t they just mind their own business?’ The group of people walked away, satisfied of what they did. You took a rag and a bucket that were sitting outside the janitor’s closet and started cleaning his locker.

Meanwhile, Daehyun was secretly looking at you. ‘No one is forcing her to do this, yet she does. Everyday, my locker is supposed to look like that but every time I arrive, it’s always clean, and it’s all because of her.’ He watched as you finished and went away to wash your hands. ‘No wonder I like her.’

You headed to your classroom and found your boyfriend flirting with another girl. Your eyes welled up. ‘Is everyday always going to be like this? Doesn’t he love me like before?’ Then you thought, do YOU love him like before? ‘Our relationship has no sense. We’re more of strangers than lovers.’ You turned around and saw someone blocking your way.

Daehyun saw your tears and without even thinking twice, took out his handkerchief. He handed it to you and walked away.

You looked at the hand kerchief and used it to wipe your face. ‘Thank you, Jung Daehyun.’

 

------------------

 

Daehyun was quietly searching for you outside the school. ‘Where could that girl be?!’ Then, he saw you crossing the street oblivious to the car that was approaching. He ran as fast as he could, and when both of you were able to avoid the car, he grabbed your shoulders. “YAH!” he shouted in a muffled voice.

You stared at him in shock. ‘Did he just...speak???’

His eyes widened. ‘Did she get hurt, that’s why she isn’t responding?!’ He strongly shook you.

Your head became dizzy but you managed to mutter. “I…I’m fine….”

He sighed then looked angrily at you.

You blinked. “W-why are you l-looking at me like that?”

He grabbed your hand and dragged you towards his motorcycle. “Where do you need to go?” he said through his mask.

You just stared at him. ‘HE EVEN SAID A LEGITAMATE QUESTION?! Is the world about to end?!’ You cleared your throat. “I need to go at the plaza.”

He took his helmet and put it on your head. He also took your hands and held it for a moment. ‘I finally get to hold your hand. Though I’d like to express how much I like you,  I guess this is the only progress I can make.’ He slid your arms around his waist.

Your eyes widened and you immediately pulled away. “I’ll just…I’ll just hold on to your shirt…” you mumbled.

Daehyun smirked. ‘Suit your self.’ He started the motorcycle and went a little past the speed limit.

You immediately wrapped your arms around him and did your best to stop yourself from screaming.

 

-------------------

 

 

You took of the helmet and bowed. “Thank you, Daehyun.” You gave it to him and went to find where your jerk boyfriend could be.

Daehyun gripped on the key, thinking twice if he should go or not. In the end, he decided to follow you. ‘I’ll just make sure she’s safe.’

You stopped on your tracks and watched your boyfriend kiss the same girl that was with him this morning. Tears gathered up in your eyes, but they didn’t fall. You just let them blur your vision so you wouldn’t be able to see. ‘Why do I even put up with him?’ Then you remembered that your families were close. ‘But that doesn’t mean I should be with someone I don’t love…and doesn’t love me.’

Daehyun observed you for a moment. ‘I wonder why she’s like this…’ He looked at your boyfriend then back at you. He was about to go and comfort you but you suddenly strode towards the jerk.

You blinked and all your tears came falling down.  The guy scoffed. “Why are you here? We’re not even engaged yet, so I’m still a free man. So don’t scold me on seeing other girls because I’m sick of it, arasso?”

You took a deep breath while closing your eyes then glared at him. ‘If only looks could kill…’ you thought then slapped him hard.

He put his hand over his cheek and looked at you unbelievably. You pointed your finger at him. “Don’t even expect for an engagement to happen.” You gave him one last look and ran away.

The girl he was with hit him on his shoulders. “YAH! WHAT DO YOU MEAN BY ‘ENGAGEMENT’? I THOUGHT SHE WAS JUST YOUR FLING?” She stopped and hit him with her purse this time. “So I’M the fling in this relationship?!”

“Awwww…honey~Don’t be like this~!” he pleaded.

“Don’t call me ‘honey’! In fact, don’t call me ever! We’re done!” she kicked his leg with her stiletto and walked away.

The jerk clutched onto his leg then saw a shadow approaching. He looked up and saw that it was Daehyun. “Yah, mask boy! Don’t tell me you’re gonna hit me, too! “

Daehyun swung his fist and made him stumble backwards. Blood came out on the corner of the guy’s lip. He scoffed. “You really want to fight?!” He lifted up his fist but Daehyun caught it. With his other hand, he punched him in the stomach, causing him to crouch down on the floor.

“Jerk.” Dauhyun muttered.

The guy spit blood on the pavement. “What did you just call me?! I’ll teach you a-“

Daehyun kicked him at the side and hurriedly ran to find you. ‘He better not go near _______ again or he’ll have to say goodbye to his pretty face.’

 

--------------

 

You ran while crying. You didn’t know where you were, nor did you care. You began to feel light droplets fall on you. You stopped and held out your hand, catching each a raindrop, two raindrops, three, until there were too many to count. ‘My parents are going to be disappointed. Somehow, they’ll find a way to bring us back together. But how can they be so blind?!’ You fell on your knees and cried even harder.

Daehyun squinted his eyes in the rain and spotted you kneeling in the middle of the street. He ran to you and grabbed your arm so you would stand.

“Daehyun? Why are you here?”

He ignored your question and just pulled your arm so that the both of you could find some shelter from the rain.

 

--------------

 

You’ve stopped crying already. You looked at your clothes which were drenched. ‘Aish…I’ll surely catch a cold…’ As if on cue, you sneezed.

Daehyun broke out into a smile and took of his mask. “Do you feel cold, _____?”

You opened your mouth to say something, but when you saw that he took his mask off, you became speechless. ‘Omo, am I dreaming?’ Daehyun was smiling, his eyes looking straight at you with his wet bangs draped over them.

“Hey…”he whispered. “Stop looking at me like that…”

‘Even his voice…it sounds better without the mask.’ You mentally slapped yourself. ‘YAH! Stop thinking that he’s hot! You just had a break-up, and now you’ve found yourself a replacement?!’ You cleared your throat. “I wasn’t staring…”

“Yes, you were.” He replied.

You blushed, hoping he wouldn’t see. “Why do you wear a mask?” You asked so that you can change the subject.

He moved closer to you. “Sometimes, it’s in hiding where you can find.”

You tilted your head. “Whose quote is that? What does it mean?”

He laughed a little. “I just made it up. And, well, it means that when you hide something, you’ll be able to discover something more important than the things you hide. Like in my case, “ he took his mask and wore it. “What do you think am I hiding just because I’m wearing this?” his voice became muffled.

“Your voice.” You answered immediately, hoping he would take it off again. ‘His voice, I love the way he talks…the way he said my name…’

He raised an eyebrow. “Only my voice?”

“Your face, too.”

He nodded.

You sighed. “But why would you hide your voice and your face? Your voice…If only you spoke up once in a while, you wouldn’t be bullied. If you’d show your face, I’m sure a lot of girls would’ve confessed to you today. Wouldn’t you like that?”

He smiled. ‘She thinks I’m handsome enough to receive a lot of confessions?’ “To be honest, yes, I’d like it. But… “ He looked at you again. “remember what I said: I’ll be able to discover something more important. What do you think is more important than being swooned over by girls?”

You shrugged.

He took of his mask before putting his hand at the back of your neck, pulling you closer and kissing the top of your head. “Love.”

You stared at his neck and gulped. ‘Love?! Does this mean that he likes me, too? Wait, I LIKE HIM?!’ You wanted to persuade yourself that you don’t, but the way your heart was beating at that moment seemed enough proof. ‘I like him…I like Daehyun.’

He let go and took something from behind his jacket. ‘Aish, Jung Daehyun. Is this even what people would call a ‘flower’?!’ He glared at the rose then sighed. “It was actually supposed to be for you.”

You looked at the rose which has been in his jacket for a bit too long and is starting to wither. You smiled. “It’s beautiful.”

Daehyun looked at you, at the flower, then back at you. “Its petals have lost color already, and you still call it beautiful?”

You nodded. Before you realized it, you started sneezing again.

He looked at you worriedly.

“I’m fine.”

“No, you’re not.”

You sneezed again before you could respond.

He closed in on the space between the both of you and wrapped his arms around you. “Better?”

You buried your face into his chest and nodded, thankful for his warmth.

But after a few moments, he pulled away and looked at your face.

You blinked. “Why?”

He pulled you closer but this time, put his lips on yours. Your eyes widened, but slowly closed. ‘Jung Daehyun, everyday has always been the same for the both of us, but be cause of today, I know that things will change a lot. Tomorrow would be different. But I guess I shouldn’t care anymore since I’m with you. Right here. Right now. Nothing else matters.’

“I love you, _____”

“I love you, too, Daehyun.”

 

 

 

 

*The world's too cruel on me...WHY DO I HAVE TO BE SICK WHILE WRITING THIS CHAPTER?!

 

 

Is it too disappointing??? Aish...

 

I'll keep trying my best, ok guys? But here are two videos you HAVE to watch~!

 

Video 1 : Some behind-the-scenes for the making of 'WARRIOR'

Video 2 : B.A.P.'s fail aegyo~! xD

 

 

BTW, in the chapter image, Daehyun looks a lot like Junhyung of B2ST, right? A younger version~