Bang Yong Guk : the most stupid but surprisingly sweet confession

B.A.P. Valentine’s Day Oneshots ♥

 

 

Yongguk was sitting in his seat with his feet propped up on top of his desk. He had can of cola in his right hand, and on his left he was watching a movie about World War III. He was too absorbed in his movie that he didn’t even see you sit down beside him.

You casually placed down your stuff and stole a glance at him. ‘Aish…! Does he like those movies more than he likes me?! This is why I don’t even trust the rumors of him being attracted to me.’ But deep inside, you know that you want him to like you, too.

The war movie ended and Yongguk took a long sip of his cola. While he drank he noticed that you were already seated beside him, your head tilted on one side as you stared at the clock. He took this opportunity to study your features: beautiful, soft black hair that he would secretly touch during P.E. class, smooth skin that would make all the girls jealous, pink lips that would-

His thoughts were suddenly cut off when you felt him staring and turned around. Due to surprise, he sputtered his cola and sprayed it at the guy in front of him.

“ YAH! What the hell is this?! “ Himchan shouted. When he turned around, Yongguk was juststaring at him innocently. “ You did this?! “

He shrugged.

“ Aish! Sometimes, I don’t even get why we became friends! “ He shook his head.

Yongguk laughed but immediately kept quiet when he saw you looking at him sternly. “ W-wae?_____ is there something wrong? “

You scoffed. How can someone like Yongguk like you, anyways? You rolled your eyes and looked back at the clock.

Yongguk’s face fell. Judging by the way you’re acting, there was definitely no chance that you’d say yes to his confession.

You looked at him again and noticed the cola. “ By the way, Yongguk-ah, isn’t drinking cola in the morning considered unhealthy? N-next time, just drink it during lunch. “ You wanted to sound like you were scolding him, but the way you said it showed how concerned you were.

He bit his bottom lip to stop himself from smiling then threw the can into the trash bin. “ Arasso… “ You turned away from him and he looked at you for a bit longer before breaking out into a smile.

‘ If she has even just a bit of concern for me, at least I have 0.0001 % of her saying ‘yes’ later. ‘

 

 

-----------

 

 

All throughout the day, you would see students giving out chocolates, flowers, balloons, or even shouting out their confessions! You liked seeing this atmosphere every year yet you can’t help but feel jealous.

It was the end of school and couples were coming out of the gates, holding each other’s hands and laughing together. Yongguk, on the other hand, is having trouble confessing. He tried a million times to confess to you on that day, but failed. Every time you’d turn your back and catch him walking towards you, he’d immediately turn to another direction. “ AAAARRRGGGGHHHHH!!!!!! “ he shouted aloud, causing the students to look at him suspiciously. He sighed. ‘It’s either you do it now, or you NEVER do it.’

You were about to go home when you noticed something suspicious. The students in front of you were giggling and pointing at you, some whispered and gasped. ‘What’s their problem? Do I have something on my face?’ You stopped walking and put a hand on your face. But before you can take it back down, someone took your hand off your face for you. You looked up questioningly. “Yongguk?”

He froze. Yongguk looked straight at your eyes and felt his heart beat a thousand times faster. Your hands felt perfect in his. The way you looked at him right now made him crazy. He wanted to just lean in and kiss you. ‘Aish…That’s too fast, Bang Yongguk. Earn her trust first.’ He cleared his throat. “_____, are you going anywhere tonight?”

“I don’t have any plans….Why?” You mentally slapped yourself for expecting him to ask you out. The students around both of you were already gossiping, texting, some were even taking pictures and recording videos.

“Well, I just w-want…” he cleared his throat. “ I just want to know if you’d l-like…” he cleared his throat again, irritated in the way he was stuttering in front of the girl he likes.

“ You just want to…what? “ You cautiously asked as your heart beat faster in anticipation.

“I want to ask you out on a date. “ He muttered then coughed.

“Mwo?” you asked.

“ I want to ask you out on a date. “ He muttered a little louder, but you still couldn’t hear.

“ What did you say? “

“I WANT TO ASK YOU OUT ON A DATE, DAMMIT! “ He shouted.

And in a split-second your heart stopped. “ What did you say? “

He whined. “ Seriously, how deaf can you be?! I want you to go out on a date with me~! “ He waved his arms everywhere for emphasis.

You stopped yourself from laughing at his childishness but a smile still broke out from your face.

Yongguk stopped. His face fell. ‘I knew she wouldn’t possibly like a war movie addict like me.’ He turned around to keep you from seeing his tears.

You immediately grabbed his wrist and spun him around. “Yongguk!” You saw his red puffy eyes and softly wiped away his tears while saying, “ You’re so stupid, don’t you know that? You ask out a girl and walk away without even hearing her response? “ You noticed his crestfallen face and teased, “But you have to pay for everything, arasso? Don’t be stupid enough to let a girl pay for her first date…”

Yongguk’s eyes widened. “Really?! You’ll go out with me?”

You nodded.

 

-----------

 

 

You impatiently tapped on your watch. How can he keep a girl waiting for 2 and a half hours?! You kicked the pile of snow in front of your boot and turned to go.

He stopped running and panted heavily until he noticed you walking away. “______!” he called out.

You pretended not to hear him.

“ YAH! ______!” He caught up to you and spun you around. “ Hey, listen to me for a sec- “

You cut him off. “ How could you? How could it take you almost 3 hours to drag yourself here?! “

He looked at you longingly. “____, I didn’t mean to ruin your night. I was just playing this war-themed video game with my cousin- “

You took your arm away from him and ran away. ‘War-themed video game?! He’d rather play that and keep me waiting?! Fine! Let him have a date with his stupid game, then!’

 

------------

 

You were sipping hot chocolate inside a café, hoping that it could cheer you up. It’s been 3 hours since you ran away from him, and although he was a jerk, you can’t help but think of him. You sighed and went outside. But when you went outside, you were shocked to see Yongguk freezing in the cold. “Yongguk! Why are you here?! “

“ I-I-I was w-waiting f-f-for you… “ he whispered.

You sighed in frustration. “ How long have you been outside? “

“ Ever since you came in, I never left. “ he breathed some hair into his hands to keep them from freezing.

“ You’ve been freezing for three hours?! How can you be so stupid?! You’re seriously the most stupid person I’ve ever known. You shouldn’t have waited. You shouldn’t have stayed. In fact, this wouldn’t be happening if you didn’t even ask me out- “

But Yongguk lifted up his hand and held your face. Both of you closed your eyes as you softly kissed each other. “I don’t regret asking you out. I don’t regret staying. And I especially don’t regret waiting for you. I could wait forever, you know? “

“ For…ever? “ was all you could say. You were too shocked to even just take your eyes away from him.

“ I know that I could be stupid, be selfish and go crazy over war movies…BUT. “ He brushed away the hair covering your face and kissed your forehead. “ I’ll try to be the best boyfriend I can be. “

“ Is this some kind of confession? “

He chuckled. “ Of course not! I don’t need to confess to you. “

Your eyes widened. “What? Why? “ ‘Is this guy just playing with my feelings?!’

“ I don’t need to ‘cause I know you’d say ‘yes’ anyway… “ He gave you a smirk.

You lightly punched his chest. “YAH!”

He chuckled again. “So…______, would you be my girlfriend?”

“ I guess you know my answer already. “ You said just before he kissed you again.