The Aftermath

How 21 Students Saved the World

A/N 

Again, I am really sorry for the hiatus, but thankfully ive been out of my depression episode to finish this story. yes, this is part of a series and there will be a sequel, but obviously not now for the time being; maybe the end of the year or January? who knows! but i already have chapter 1 almost done for the sequel :)

Also i have not been caught up in any nct news SOMEONE PLEASE UPDATE ME!!! i think someone is releasing an album? Idk ive been away from the internet for my mental health

***also, regarding my stories involving a certain someone and aka part of my name... those stories are on hiatus on the meantime while i decide what to do, and there will probably be a name change, but its still a process. im just trying to get back into writing first ngl

 

***

“Bad news, guys,” Ten said. “My mom said I can’t get married, aka no party.”

 

“Course not, you haven’t even taken college entrance exams yet,” Kun said, pointing out the obvious. “You still don’t know how to file your taxes-”

 

“You know what, Kun, at least I have a boyfriend- ,” Ten trailed off, scratching the back of his neck. “I can’t use that insult anymore.”

 

The two have gone out with the rest of the Wayv unit to the movie theater in the city. It had been two weeks since the aliens attacking their school incident, and half of the group complained about not even having been able to watch the movie like they originally planned. Course, the logical thing to do was just rescheduled, but… they were a bit traumatized going back to school, for obvious reasons. 

 

So far, they have been given three weeks off, though their teachers have finally made some materials available online so that the students don’t fall behind. Who knows when they’ll be able to go back to school. 

 

“Having a boyfriend doesn’t automatically make you better, you know,” Yangyang said, taking a bite out of his lollipop that he has had in his pocket since he came back from the hospital those three weeks ago. It was a bit mushy and might have been in the washer and dryer twice, but, eh, a lollipop was a lollipop.

 

Si Cheng winced, watching him. “Oh god,” he muttered, “that’s ing nasty.”

 

“No it’s not!” Yangyang said. “When are they going to be back? I want to go and sit now.”

 

By “they”, Yangyang meant Hendery, Xiaojun, and Lucas, who had gone out to get drinks. They were in a movie theater, but the movie didn’t start till a good hour (blame it on Ten for getting the time wrong), so those three were sent.

 

“You know, at least they have Xiaojun for common sense,” Ten muttered. “I don’t want to imagine what it would be like leaving Hendery and Lucas alone.” 

 

Si Cheng nodded. “Along with Yangyang,” he added under his breath. 

 

Yangyang frowned, taking out his popsicle from his mouth. “I HEARD THAT!”

 

“Congrats.” Ten sighed, resting his head on his hand. “At least Xiaojun is up and moving again, how he got more injuries than these three idiots is a mystery.”

 

“I AM NOT AN IDIOT-”

 

Ignoring their arguing, Kun his phone, the newly-changed lockscreen greeting him. It had just been taken two days ago, when he and Xiaojun had gone out to eat in the evening; he had taken him to a restaurant with patio dining, and the two of them couldn’t help but take a photo with the beautiful sunset in the background. 

 

Yes, it was a bit cheesy, but he didn’t care, he liked it. Though Kun kept accidentally hitting video record instead of taking the pic, a habit that he has unfortunately yet to break. 

 

“It’s still a while before they start showing the previews for the movie,” Kun told the group, trying to ignore the fact that Yangyang was holding a pen out to Si Cheng like a weapon. “But we should probably head in soon to pick some good seats.”

 

“Do I have to sit with you guys?” Ten asked. “I won’t be able to hear anything if I’m within two miles in your presence-”

 

“We love you too, Ten,” Si Cheng said, sighing as he pulled out his own phone. “My mom just messaged me again asking if I’m alive, this alien incident has her traumatized-”

 

“My mom always asks me that every week, too!” Yangyang explained. “Like last week when I fell out the window from the attic-”

 

Ten jumped out of his chair, kicking Si Cheng in the shin in the process, the latter wailing loudly. “Thank ing GOD you guys are here, hand me my pepsi before I kill somebody-”

 

Lucas, Hendery and Xiaojun had come back from the long concession lines. However, when Lucas saw Ten with his hand extended out and a murderous expression on his face, he turned his back, holding the cups closer to him. “No,” He said. “You have to say please-”

 

Hendery set down the three popcorn tubs on the table. “Did you guys charge my phone? My dad is always blowing up my phone-”

 

“What is up with parents blowing up our phones,” Kun muttered, unplugging Hendery’s phone from the wall to hand it to him. “I doubt another invasion will happen.”

 

“My bets are in 20 years from now, when we are all married and have kids and have to reminisce all of those past memories- give me that-” Ten said, simultaneously taking a cup from Lucas. “Don’t make me regret wishing you guys stay alive.”

 

“I am loving these nice comments from you today!” Lucas said, beaming. “You usually hate our guts-”

 

Si Cheng frowned. “He’s in a bad mood-”

 

Kun felt something being placed in his hand, so he looked down and saw a sour patch kids box now in his grip. 

 

He looked back up to see Xiaojun, holding more candy in his hands. “You said you wanted something sour,” he said, giving Kun a grin. “They were out of snickers, though, so I think Yangyang might yell at me-”

 

“He ate an expired lollipop, I think he’ll be fine,” Kun said, linking his hand together with Xiaojun’s. It was still a foreign feeling, he knew, but he was glad he was getting used to it. “Let’s go before Si Cheng starts speaking threats in Wenzhounese-”

 

“KUN, WINWIN IS SPEAKING THE DEVIL’S LANGUAGE!!” Hendery screeched at him, despite them being in a bustling movie theater with people now staring at them. 

 

“Do you guys remember the last time we were in a big group and nobody paid attention??” Kun yelled at him. “Let’s move before one of us gets stabbed again, and from the look of Ten’s eyes, it’s going to be soon.”

 

***

 

“I hate online learning, man,” Johnny said, sighing to himself as he closed his laptop shut. “Never thought I would say this, but they better hurry up and open the school back up. Doing math online .”

 

Yuta looked up from the notebook he had been writing in on his hospital bed. “You’re telling me, man. How long do you think I have??”

 

“Be quiet the two of you before we get our asses kicked from the hospital,” Doyoung whispered to both of them. He pointed to Jungwoo next to him, who was sleeping while sitting upright, head leaning on the wall behind him. “Not to mention Jungwoo right here is asleep.”

 

“Yuta’s lucky they let him have six visitors,” Taeil pointed out, not looking away from his computer screen. “Hospital’s never do that, not even when my mom got in a car accident-”

 

Jaehyun set his notebook down. “Taeil.”

 

“What?”

 

“It should have been SEVEN!” Yuta yelled. “I miss my new boyfriend.”

 

“He’s literally here EVERY day, you clingy hoe,” Johnny pointed out to him again. If he recalled correctly, Yuta also hit his head during the whole incident, no? “They’re just watching a movie, Ten says it’s about to start, anyways.”

 

Taeyong his phone to check the time. “Visiting hours end in half an hour, though-”

 

“Do not mention that, you’ll make him angry,” Jaehyun said quietly. He was seated next to Taeyong, though instead of doing homework like everyone else, he was scrolling mindlessly on his phone. “And he already saw Winwin today, he’s just a big baby-”

 

“heLLO??? I WAS STABBED!!” Yuta yelled at him, right when a nurse walked in, no doubt to check his blood again. “Uh-”

 

“We’re about to leave, Ma’am,” Doyoung said, shoving his laptop into his backpack. “Yuta, you’re so dramatic-”

 

“Did you guys hear about the event next week?” Taeil interrupted everyone, not wanting to be kicked out quite yet. He had a nightmare the other day though he refused to tell the group. “I heard they are asking some of our classmates to attend, but I wonder why.”

 

“Hmmm…” Johnny said, pretending to think about it. “They might ask us about our extended car warranty-”

 

“It’s a press conference,” Taeyong explained, also packing his stuff; it was true that visiting hours were about to end, and he wanted to spend the last few minutes in peace with the group - well, as peaceful as you can get with the other 127 unit members. “Our classmates are allowed to be in the audience if they show ID, but the 21 of us who were present that specific Friday have reserved spots, so they are hoping we attend. Due to some of us, like Yuta over here or Haechan, having some injuries, they understand if we don’t, but other than that, I don’t have more information.”

 

Doyoung raised an eye at Taeyong. “How do you even know all about that?”

 

Taeyong shrugged. “I was sent an email, speaking of which, I need to forward it to Kun and Mark-”

 

“Will we get in trouble if we don’t show up?” Johnny asked. “What if I’m tired-”

 

“The President is going to be there,” Taeyong added, trying to recall more information from the email. “The school board. Also-”

 

“I find that really hard to believe but considering we aren’t getting any work that day you bet my is going to show up, wheelchair and IV and all,” Yuta said, tossing his school stuff to the side.  “I just want to go home and take a big nap.”

 

“Look at the bright side, you will have a very cool scar,” Johnny suggested. 

 

“Ooh, Taeyong’s eyebrow looks really cool!!” Taeil said, pointing to Taeyong. “He looks very badass.”

 

Taeyong unconsciously reached for his injured eyebrow, the scar splitting it into two distinct fragments. It still felt tender when he touched it, which is what he usually does when he sees it every morning in the bathroom mirror. “I’m just... thankful it’s not worse.” 

 

“Yeah, like Yuta over here,” Jaehyun pointed out. 

 

Yuta crossed his arms and turned around. “You know damn well that if I died, you guys would have been crying over me.”

 

“Hell yeah we would have, over something your caused!” Johnny shouted. “Now you know why we are pissed at you? I hope online learning for you.”

 

“Imagine doing online learning for a year or two,” Taeil suggested. “Because of like, a pandemic or something, I would die.”

 

Doyoung got up from his chair, shaking Jungwoo’s shoulder roughly. “Woo. Woo. We’re about to get kicked out cause of these two es, you might want to wake up-”

 

Taeyong ignored the antics of the group, focusing on putting the rest of his stuff away all organized. Since school had been cancelled for the time being, they have all been taking advantage of visiting Yuta and Haechan at the hospital everyday, though the latter had recently been discharged and was ordered home to rest. 

 

“Hey.” Taeyong looked up, seeing Jaehyun beside him talking to him. “Are you… doing anything tonight? I don’t want to head home yet but I’m starving as .”

 

Taeyong grinned, always excited when Jaehyun invited him to go somewhere. “Well, it’s not like we have school tomorrow,” he reminded him. “Plus, my mom gave me money to buy a new outfit for the press conference event.”

 

“Oh, that will be a lovely event,” Jaehyun muttered. “Sounds like a plan.”


 

***

 

“WO-WO-WO- SKRRT SKRRT-”

 

“ARE THESE EVEN REAL WORDS?!?!?” Jaemin screamed, banging his fists on the coffee table. 

 

“THIS IS GLASS, YOU’RE GOING TO GET SHARDS IN YOUR HANDS!!” Jeno yelled at him. 

 

Jisung got on the couch and started jumping. “DON’T LISTEN TO THEM, CHEN LE, YOU’RE SINGING GREAT-”

 

“NO ONE CRITICIZED HIS SINGING-”

 

“MAYBE NOT YOU, JAEMIN, BUT I WILL!” Renjun shouted. “CHEN LE, YOU -”

 

Haechan, who was lying down on the couch, blankets wrapped around him, didn’t bother making any commotion, perfectly content that his head was laying on Mark’s lap. “I can’t believe this is normal and that I’m glad we’re back to it.”

 

“Maybe you’re glad,” Mark muttered, caressing a strand of hair on Donghyuck’s face. “I’m not. I want to go to bed.”

 

“It’s literally eight pm, you’re no fun-”

 

“THANKS TO YOU, MY FOOT IS BLEEDING!” Jeno screeched at the whole group. 

 

Jisung grabbed a nearby wii remote and pointed it at Jeno threatenly. “YOU SEE THESE BANDAGES ON MY ARMS??? YOU KNOW HOW LONG THOSE MOTHERERS WILL STAY ON THERE? YOU PICKED A MOSQUITO SCAB, YOU’LL LIVE!”

 

“I SAID I WAS SORRY!” Jaemin screamed back at Jisung. 

 

“I SAID WHO!! IS!! NEXT!!!!!!!!!!!” Everyone turned to look at Chen Le up front. “Song’s over.”

 

“Good riddance, took you three weeks to finally sing that song,” Renjun said, holding out his hand. “Give it to me, my turn.”

 

“It is not my fault the aliens took out the wifi!!” Chen Le protested to Renjun, though handing him the microphone. “.”

 

“Can we please put Omega X now???” Jeno complained, grabbing another juice box on the coffee table that Jaemin tried destroying a moment ago. “They released a new album.”

 

“I’m singing Sistar no matter what,” Renjun said. “Jeno, it is not my fault you don’t want to sing.” 

 

Jeno harshly poked the straw into the juicebox, taking a sip with a frown on his face. “ you.”

 

“I’m still trying to think what Marina song I should play on my turn,” Haechan said, reaching out to touch Mark’s forehead. “Beep.”

 

“You guys are ing nasty,” Renjun said. “Jaemin, put I Like That-”

 

“You are literally in my house,” Mark said. “Shut up.”

 

“Don’t worry, Mark, I think it’s just…. Oh, , you guys are the only ones who aren’t single...” Jaemin trailed off, scratching his head. “, my bet was them getting together after Ji-”

 

“That’s it, I’m going to bed,” Donghyuck said, rolling on his side so that he faced Mark’s stomach, away from his friends. “I have to wake up early for school tomorrow, goodnight-”

 

“School’s been cancelled, idiot,” Renjun reminded him, sitting down on the floor. “My voice hurts, I quit.”

 

“Looks like the sleepover is over,” Jisung said, ping his sleeping bag. “Goodnight-”

 

“It’s EIGHT PM!!” Chen Le screamed at everyone. “You guys are insane-” 

 

“Let’s order pizza, I’m hungry,” Jaemin suggested. “The good kind-”
 

Jisung, who had just slid into his sleeping bag, sat up. “I’m not tired anymore-”

 

“Looks like I’m ordering it, then,” Mark mumbled, taking out his phone. “Hyuck, five cheese or Hawaiian?”

 

Donghyuck lowered down the blanket from his face. “It’s a Hawaiian kind of day,” he told Mark. Then, with a pout, he added, “and- and can you add-“

 

“Garlic bread, yeah,” Mark said, knowing Haechan’s order by heart. “Yah, es, do y’all want anything?? You have five seconds-“

 

“BREADSTICKSSSSSS-“ Jaemin yelled, falling face-first on the floor. 

 

Jeno grabbed a nearby pillow and set it next to Jaemin, who was now motionless on the floor screaming. “Pepperoni is fine.“

 

“We should order dessert!” Chen Le suggested. “I mean, we have all night to eat it anyways.”

 

“Not should.” Renjun glared at Mark. “Will. I want a chocolate lava cake-”

 

“Can we get stuffed crust??” Jisung exclaimed. “And like the cheese dipping cups?? It’s been so long-”

 

Jaemin sat up from the floor. “I say we order 5 pizzas minimum-”

 

“One is going to be entirely for me,” Renjun said.

 

“OOH I like that idea-”

 

“I AM NOT RICH!” Mark yelled over them. “Can you guys please make a decision before I head over to a restaurant by myself and just eat??”

 

“Give me your phone, idiot.” Chen Le scooted over next to Mark and took the phone out of his hands. “I’ll order it-”

 

“Mr. Trust Funds is saving us once again,” Jeno mumbled, laying down on the floor. He yanked his blanket over his head. “Wake me up when pizza is here-”

 

“Shut up!” Chen Le yelled at him. “You're lucky my family was able to keep most of our names hidden from the reporters and have it not aired on television.”

 

“Yeah, Mark and Haechan over here had to get their names publicized,” Jaemin said.

 

“Well, excuse me for being worried about Donghyuck who had just gotten stabbed, if you recall,” Mark defended himself. “Do you think I was going to worry about some reporters?” 

 

Haechan turned over again from where he was laying, flipping some imaginary long hair. “Besides, at least I look good in my school picture, anyways-”

 

“You look ratchet in that picture,” Renjun said. 

 

With that, Haechan threw the blanket off his body and stood up, rolling up his sleeves. “You got me all ed up, -”

 

“You are NOT supposed to be moving!!” Mark yelled, wrapping his arms around Hyuck’s waist to pull him back onto the couch. “Much less fighting!!”

 

“Renjunnnnnn is getting beat uppppp~” Jaemin sang.

 

Renjun stared at Haechan wide eyed. “Fight me, fight me, -”

 

“Pizza is done,” Chen Le said, throwing the phone on the couch next to Mark. “It said it’ll take an hour.”

 

Haechan managed to get out of Mark’s grasp and lunged towards Renjun, only to collapsed on the floor a few feet away. “Ow, -” 

 

“Bro, you’re going to heal at a slow rate if you keep doing that,” Jisung reminded him. 

 

Jaemin laughed, watching Mark haul a persistent-yet-weak Haechan back to the couch. “Someone should strap him down.”

 

“And his mouth, too, while we’re at it,” Renjun mumbled, rolling his eyes. 

 

“Why, thank you, Renjun and Jaemin, I’ll try that next time Mark and I have ,” Haechan scoffed at them. Putting his feet back on the couch. “Mark, I’m fine- what?”

 

“BROOOOOO-” Jaemin made gagging noises, “no one wants to hear that!!”

 

Jisung wrinkled his nose, looking disgusted. “Ew, Mark has a life?”

 

“Oh, grow up, y’all.” Donghyuck grabbed his blanket and pulled it over his head. “You guys got worse things to worry about-”

 

“Please stop-” Mark said, not letting go of his hold on Haechan. His face had gone bright-red, eyes wide as he struggled to decide what to say in response. “”Guys, ignore him-”

 

Chen Le’s eyes went wide, but not because of Haechan. “YOOOOO! Speaking of couples and dates, are they ever going to reschedule the dance???? I was looking forward to that!!!” 

 

Jeno, who had covered himself with the blanket, threw it off him, crossing his arms as he stared at the ceiling. “I’m not going to be able to sleep tonight.”

 

“We just fought aliens and school is cancelled for who knows how long and you’re worried about some stupid dance?” Renjun asked Chen Le. “Nice priorities you got there, idiot-”

 

“Hey, we saved the world, we deserve a dance, all right,” Jaemin pointed out. 

 

Mark heard his phone ding, so he grabbed it thinking it was a notification about the pizza. He was confused, though, when it turned out to be a message from Taeyong. 

 

I forwarded you an email, it’s really important. Please make sure you discuss it with Haechan, Renjun, Jaemin, Jeno, Chen Le and JIsung as well, as it concerns them. Let me know their decision and how they are faring in general. -TY

 

“That’s weird,” Mark mumbled under his breath, opening his email app to see what email Taeyong was talking. 

 

“What’s weird?” Haechan asked, curious. He was back on Mark’s lap and chose to stare at him, ignoring the group now arguing whether the government owed them a million dollars for trauma. 

 

Mark didn’t respond at first, reading the email that Taeyong had forwarded him about a press conference, which asked for the 21 students who had been present at the school during the time of the incident to attend the event. 

 

“Hey, guys,” Mark said, still staring at his phone. “I think the government has already planned something.”


 

***

 

Soonyoung knocked on the opened door, signifying his presence to Jihoon without startling him. “Hey,” he said, stepping into the room slowly. “You ready?”

 

Jihoon was sitting on the hotel bed, holding a small compact mirror in one hand and a black eyeliner pencil in the other. “I don’t know if you’ve noticed,” he said, refusing to look at Soonyoung. “But I am clearly stalling for time.”

 

“Yeah, I see that now.” Soonyoung stood in front of the bed, sitting down in front of Jihoon. “Do you need help with that?”

 

Jihoon sighed, handing him the pencil before crossing his arms. “It’s not my fault I’m not perfectly capable of putting eyeliner all by myself right now.”

 

“You know I’ve been doing this since middle school,” Soonyoung said, holding Jihoon’s face still with his free hand. Jihoon closed both his eyes out of reflex. “At this rate, I can do this to myself with one hand, in the dark and my eyes closed-”

 

“If you attempt that with me, I’m going to beat your ,” Jihoon said. “We’re about to be on national television-”

 

He stopped when he felt the pencil touch his eye, forcing him to stay still. “Hold on, this shouldn’t take more than a minute,” Soonyoung said, applying the eyeliner to Jihoon. “Knowing you, you’d try to get yourself poked in the eye for fun.”

 

Jihoon forced himself not to say anything, as, well, yes maybe he would, but if Soonyoung poked him he would start screaming, and Jihoon was already feeling jittery enough that any loud noise was going to knock him out. 

 

After a few more seconds, the pencil feeling was gone, so Jihoon opened his eyes, assuming it to be safe. “Jokes on-”

 

Soonyoung was a mere few inches away from his face, his mouth parted slightly open as he stared into Jihoon’s eyes, not noticing that Jihoon had already opened his eyes. “Uh-huh.”

 

Jihoon stayed still again, not breaking eye contact with Soonyoung who, at this rate, appeared to be in a daze. He had been acting like this for the past few days, though Jihoon just assumed it was a weird form of PTSD. 

 

It lasted for a few more seconds until Soonyoung snapped out of it, jumping out of his seat. “We should get going, it’s going to start soon and they specifically asked us to be there,” he rambled, carelessly throwing the eyeliner on the study desk before grabbing his black jacket. “And I have no idea how traffic is going to be-”

 

“And I thought I was nervous,” Jihoon muttered under his breath, getting up from the bed as well. “Soonyoung, just pretend it’s a pointless assembly from high school. Fancy people speaking and trying to reassure the nation that we’re all okay now, though I highly doubt-”

 

“It is not about the press conference,” Soonyoung interrupted him. “That is- that is the last thing I’m worried about-”

 

Jihoon sat down on the floor to put on his sneakers. “Then what are you worried about?” he asked, untying the laces. He was debating on wearing light-up sketchers to the event, but that might be pushing it on the formality. 

 

“It’s- it’s really not that important.” Soonyoung grabbed his keys and wallet off the desk, stuffing it in his pockets. “Are you ready?” 

 

“Hold on, I’m just-” Jihoon finished tying up his shoes and stood him, wiping his sweaty hands down on his jeans. “Ok, I think that’s-”

 

He stared at Soonyoung, shrugging as if to say he’s ready, only to realize that the latter was staring at him wide-eyed, not making an effort to move. 

 

Jihoon clapped his hands, closing his eyes. “Ok, Hoshi, you’re going to tell me what’s going on-”

 

“NOTHING is going on-” Soonyoung interrupted him, walking past him to get to the door. “Nothing is going on between us-”

 

“Be-between what now?” Jihoon asked, sputtering. “Between- Soonyoung.”

 

Soonyoung had opened the door of the room, gesturing outside. “Can we please leave-”

 

You have to tell me what’s going on,” Jihoon asked. “Look, I- you always pry me on everything and I know you hate being questioned but you’ve been acting really weird-"

 

“Jihoon, please stop-” 

 

“-and we literally almost got killed by aliens so it’s either some weird type of PTSD in which that case you should see-”

 

“I think I have feelings for you,” Soonyoung finished. “As in more of a friend.” 

 

“-a therapist- what-” Jihoon stopped, realizing what Soonyoung said. “I- what?” 

 

Soonyoung scratched the back of his neck, refusing to make eye contact with Jihoon. “I just- these past few weeks, I think about what would have happened if one of us didn’t make it and- and I think about you and I need you here with me, and I don’t know if that’s just platonically or maybe…”

 

Jihoon didn’t hear the rest of the rambling, still fixated on the first sentence. On Soonyoung… confessing? Is this confessing? Was he seriously confessing? To… him?

 

“Uh, we should really go,” Soonyoung said, still refusing to look at Jihoon. 

 

“Hmh? Oh yeah, we should… we should talk about this later, “ Jihoon suggested, walking out of the hotel room with Soonyoung. “Later, later, yeah.”

 

***

 

“For this part,” the speaker of the press conference, Lee Seunghyub, said, “we would like to introduce some special individuals who were present during this international terrorist attack.” 

 

While there were a vast array of seats for the audience, there was a small section of seats that were exclusively for the important people during the whole meeting, though a huge chunk of approximately 21 seats were housing some students. 

 

“These first 21 individuals are students of the Neo Culture Technology School here at Seoul, well known for its outstanding academics, the perfect sports team, and the kind and wonderful behavior of its students. However, if it weren’t for these students here, it’s a huge mystery whether we would be able to stand here today.” 

 

Many people in the audience applauded, a number of individuals standing up as well. The police had come really late to the forest where the whole incident occurred, and there’s still a lot of investigation going around on how the students saved the world. 

 

“And from age order I would like to present them,” Seunghyub continued. 

 

“Moon Taeil. John Suh. Lee Taeyong. Nakamoto Yuta. Qian Kun. Kim Dongyoung. Chittaphon Leechaiyakul. Jung Jaehyun. Dong Si Cheng. Kim Jungwoo. Wong Yukhei. Mark Lee. Xiao Dejun.  Wong Kunhang. Huang Renjun. Lee Jeno. Lee Donghyuck. Na Jaemin. Liu Yangyang. Zhong Chen Le. Park Jisung.”


 

---

 

“Together with the government and leaders of the nation the United States of America, we would like to award these national merits to two honorary individuals, who were present during the attack as well.”

 

---







 

***








 

A small capsule remained buried in the grass, laying in a dormant state while being monitored.

 

The timer on it was ticking. 

 

***

Oh my god, guys...... it's over. it's complete. oh my gosh. 

Last time I finished a story, it was the beginning of quarantine last year when the pandemic first started. Actually i finished two right around the same time, both yuwin centric, so it's been a while! and honestly, this story... i started writing it one day in my dorm, thinking it'll be cool if they fought aliens, yet i was also obsessed with soonhoon? so that's how that came to be. I had certain scenes in this story planned out, which took forever to reach, but guess what? we reached it!

I'll like to thank everyone who has been a reader, whether from day one or 3 months in the future, and I hope you enjoyed it. If you look forward to the sequel, much appreciation as well! if you've fallen out of nct, thank you for all the nice memories. Fanfiction is a really good form of escapism for me, and... i hope everything gets better in my life. 

if you guys want little spoilers of the sequel let me know on twitter! im @jongkey_krisho fyi!