Some History (*blasts Queen*)

How 21 Students Saved the World

A/N SLIGHT mention of attempted suicide in the last seen, fyi

“Hello this is Anna McCoyle on CNN, here we have Michael Fischer live in Washington DC reporting at the white house.”

 

“Yes, hello Anna, I’m here bringing news to you guys LIVE where just 50 minutes ago at Austin, Texas there has been what the President Barack Obama has described has a potential terrorist attack where multiple similar-looking men have been killing every human they come in contact, thankfully the military has been sent to Texas and has shot down the men, over 300 deaths have been reported and people are waiting for the President’s next response.”

---

 

New York Times Breaking News: Murder Spree at Texas, labeled as terrorist attack

 

At 5:58 in the evening it was reported that similar looking men both in appearance and behavior had started killing innocent civilians in Austin, Texas, right now the military and the police informed the public that around 300 people have died at the hands of these men, although it was reported by many people who survived that they acted inhuman-

---

 

Han Yeji     @marrymehoseok    18 minutes ago

OK so these men attacking people in texas looks like this guy outside my house??? He started banging the fence and my dad hit him with the metal bars and some green liquid came out of him??? What???

 

[image attached] [image attached] [image attached]

 

Comments: 

 

Song Jiseo @exoisbetter 4 minutes ago

Replying to @marrymehoseok

OMG thats really weird are you going to tell the police??

 

Han Yeji   @marrymehoseok   3 minutes ago

Replying to @exoisbetter

The police is on their way, there’s no incident of these men in Seoul or anywhere else, I thought it was just Texas, this is near the Neo Culture Technology school btw, we’re the only house that lives near the school for a mile, there’s a forest there too


 

***

 

“Okay, so we’re on the second floor, now what’s your plan?” Doyoung told Lucas, crossing his arms.

 

“Easy, we just jump out the window-”

 

“I’m not going to live to see my wedding,” Ten muttered to himself. “Where’s Taeyong and Jaehyun when you need them?”

 

“Shouldn’t we have gone to get weapons??” Yangyang suggested. “And how exactly are we going to jump out the window-”

 

“We tie our jackets, duh.” Johnny took off his hoodie, exposing his abs a little when his shirt got lifted up. “We have to tie it very tightly or else we die-”

 

“This isn’t really safe-”

 

“Taeil, we’re being murdered by aliens right now, the last thing we need is logic.” Lucas took off his jacket as well, handing it to Johnny so that he could tie them together. “Guys, give Johnny your jackets.”

 

“Can’t we just go to the office, it’s not even that hard,” Si Cheng complained. “You guys are doing all this extra work, none of you even have keys to open the classroom doors.”

 

All nine of them looked at Si Cheng, eyes wide. None of them have even thought of that.

 

“That’s IT! We are all OFFICIALLY STUPID!” Yuta shrieked. “You made you two leader anyway?”

 

“Because me and Lucas are the tallest and can see all your flaws from here,” Johnny explained, only to get punched by Ten. “I meant that we are smarter than y’all- ow, I meant-”

 

“We get it, Johnny, you have a superior complex,” Hendery muttered.

 

Doyoung sighed, grabbing Jungwoo’s hand to separate him from Lucas. “Let’s just go to the office.”


 

***


 

Donghyuck snuggled closer to Mark, hugging him tighter. “It’s kind of chilly in here.”

 

“I mean, we are , Haechan,” Mark said, tightening his grip on Donghyuck. “And you left your blanket with the others.”

 

“Dammit, that would have come in handy.”

 

The two were laying on the floor in the same position as earlier, back when they still had their clothes on, Donghyuck lying on Mark’s arm while the latter wrapped his other arm around Haechan’s waist, the two staring at each, grinning like idiots. 

 

Haechan reached up to play with Mark’s hair. “I can’t believe you took my ity in Mr. Park’s apocalypse proof computer classroom.”

 

“Well, the locked metal door prevents anyone from walking in on us,” Mark explained. “Plus there’s a killer outside the classroom. Might as well enjoy our time here.”

 

“With no mac and cheese?”

 

“, we don’t have mac and cheese.” Mark lifted his leg and threw it over Haechan’s body, wrapping their legs together. He felt their rubbed each other, causing Haechan’s face to turn red. “Someone’s excited.”

 

“Shut up, Mark, there’s a killer outside.” Haechan buried his face on Mark’s chest, refusing to look at his best friend. “Plus, my hurts.”

 

“I guess not using lube was a…” Mark pulled Donghyuck’s face away from his chest so that he could look at him. “A pain in the .”

 

“Where the is this confidence coming from?!” Haechan shrieked, letting go of Mark and rolling off his arm to face the other side. “Don’t touch me.”

 

Mark rolled his eyes, laughing. “No, come back here, Haechan, I love you.”

 

Haechan crossed his arms and pouted, even though he knew Mark couldn’t see him. “No. I don’t appreciate jokes about my injuries.”

 

“Please, I miss you.” Mark wrapped his arms around Donghyuck, back hugging him while nuzzling his head on Haechan’s neck. “You’re the most precious thing on this earth.”

 

Haechan grabbed Mark’s hands, entwining their fingers. “I thought that was your Ukiss collection.”

 

“Believe it or not, Haechan, you're more precious than Kevin.”
 

“What about Jun?”

 

“Him too.”

 

“Eli?”

 

“Yep.”

 

“Kiseop?”

 

“... Yeah.”

 

“YOU HESITATED!”

 

 “I’m just kidding, you know I love you.”

 

“Yeah, me too.”
 


***


 

“I ing hate all of you,” Renjun muttered, clutching tighter to Taeyong. “I’m going to die because of you guys."

 

“Damn, just throw away my love for you, I guess,” Jaemin said, pouting. “Don’t make me threaten you with acid-”

 

“Can we not do death jokes right now,” Jeno whispered. “I’m scared."

 

“Don’t worry, Jeno.” Jisung swung his free arm around Jeno, pulling him closer. His other arm was being used to hold on to Chen Le’s hand. “We’re going to survive this and go home and have all the ing cake we want.”

 

“Egg tarts!!” Jeno exclaimed, earning a hush from the entire group. “Oh, sorry.”

 

They continued walking down the hallway and made the final turn, where the office was know in full view.

 

However, there was also a group of two men congregated there, not sensing them yet. 

 

“So I’m going to assume no one has reached here yet,” Jaehyun whispered to the group, holding them back with his hands, Jeno clutching one of his arms. “Not sure if that’s a good thing or bad thing.”

 

“Oh, please don’t make me imagine them dead.” Taeyong took a step closer but felt Jaehyun’s hand on his shoulder. “Someone has to go and kill them.”

 

Jaehyun held back his tongue, nodding. Despite him wanting to do it himself to make sure no one got hurt, they had to work together if they wanted to get rid of these aliens. “Let’s do it.”
 

 

***

 

No matter how hard he tried, Xiaojun just couldn’t sleep. 

 

He was tired, yes, and had his eyes close; he just felt so exhausting, and oh how he wished he could be back home- no, back in China in his old bedroom, his favorite watermelon bed covers which were so soft and comfy to sleep in. They lost the box with their bed sheets when moving to Korea, so that watermelon duvet was never to be seen again.

 

Of course, the internet existed, but he couldn’t sleep on a bare mattress for a week, so he just let his mom buy him some new plain white sheets.

 

He didn’t even have a blanket with him right now, and the classroom was really chilly despite being the end of summer, so he couldn’t help it but shiver constantly, arms wrapped tightly around himself. 

 

He did, however, feel someone's arm wrapped around his waist, and it comforted him knowing it was Kun.

 

"You can sleep, you know," Kun said, curling a strand of Xiaojun's hair around his finger and letting it go over and over. Kun hadn’t spoken much to him during the whole incident and it was hard to know what he was thinking, but Xiaojun didn’t feel like asking. 

 

“The idea of us being killed any minute now prevents me from drifting off to dreamland,” Xiaojun explained, closing his eyes once again. Maybe this time it will work. “Unless I get really tired. Then maybe I won’t care.”

 

“I am kind of concerned, but after finals, that’s my exact feeling, so I can’t really say anything.” Kun tucked some strands of Xiaojun’s hair behind the latter’s ear. “Seriously, you can sleep Xiaojun, it’s fine.”

 

Xiaojun shook his head, pushing himself off of Kun’s lap to sit up. At least he didn’t have a headache anymore. “Honestly, I’m not in the mood to sleep, I just can’t.” 

 

Kun reached out and grabbed Xiaojun’s hand, entwining their fingers together. “Well, let’s just hope everything goes okay,” he reassured him. “I know we’ll get out of here in no time.”

 

Xiaojun laughed. “If you say so.”


 

***

 

“Soonyoung, why did you stop us-” Jihoon said, Soonyoung holding him back. Since he was much taller than Jihoon, he was unfortunately blocking his view. “Let me see-”

 

“It’s not good, I’m warning you.”

 

Jihoon stepped to the right, wiggling out of Soonyoung’s grasp, only for his eyes to go wide in shock. 

 

There were a bunch of dead bodies scattered around the hallway.

 

“None of these are the kids, right?” Jihoon asked, trying his best to survey the surroundings. There was no blood, only the weird green liquid that the aliens released, and all the bodies looked alike. 

 

“Not that I know of.” Soonyoung walked slowly to the alien closest to them, hitting it with his foot. “Looks dead to me.”

 

“Well, it looks like the high schoolers can defend themselves,” Jihoon muttered to himself. “, Soonyoung, they’re probably back at the office thinking that they can go home.” 

 

Soonyoung made an ‘oh’ face. “Well… we can always walk together, you know, safety in numbers.”

 

“You and your idioms.” 

 

“Well, I like my idioms, thank you very much,” Soonyoung pouted, crossing his arms. Somehow he didn’t cut his arm with the large knife that he was still holding. “Actually, is that an idiom? I don’t think so.”

 

“I wouldn’t know, it’s been two years since I graduated from grad school,” Jihoon admitted. He had a masters in astrophysics, just like Soonyoung.

 

That had been a weird coincidence once they reunited 2 years ago. The two had gone through six years of not talking, and then when Soonyoung was trying to chat with him, asking how it's been, they discovered that they had majored the same thing in college and gotten a masters, while applying for a job at NASA. Jihoon never recalled Soonyoung having an interest in science, although to be fair, he hadn’t been caught up with Soonyoung’s interests throughout high school. 

 

“English class anyways, probably why we’re in the science field,” Soonyoung said, continuing to walk down the hallways, Jihoon behind him. “At least there’s plenty of aliens to go to Area 51 for testing.”

 

“I can’t believe you wanted to go to the so-called raid,” Jihoon muttered, remembering when Soonyoung tried to get a week off, only to get rejected by his boss, knowing exactly what he was going to do. “You, of all people, know the security measures they have in that place.

 

“It’s all fancy talk, anyways.”


 

***
 

 

Since they didn’t want to waste their efforts going upstairs, they tried to open the doors but to no avail; none of them knew how to lockpick, that was Mark’s speciality. They did, however, find an open classroom, so they just made as many weapons as they could. (It was Mr. Wu’s English classroom, so it was pretty useless; they did find his secret stash of knives, however, so that came in handy.) 

 

They rushed down the stairs, all ten of them, and quickly but quietly made their way to the office, where they discovered a fight was going on in there. 

 

They recognized the aliens, of course, but when they noticed Jaehyun, Taeyong, and everyone else, they rushed in to help, only for the group to be done when they came inside. 

 

“Yo, that was pretty badass!!” Yangyang yelled, now that there weren’t any aliens who could kill them. 

 

“If you’ve been like that all day, how are you not dead?!” Jaehyun screamed at him, throwing the now-empty pipettes in his hand on the ground. “Jesus.”

 

“Oh, they’ve been almost dead plenty of times,” Doyoung muttered under his breath, crossing his arms. 

 

Taeil stepped forward to glance around the office. “Where’s the Americans?”

 

“They’re not here yet nor are they outside with the car,” Taeyong explained, pointing out the window. “Hopefully they’re not taking that long.”

 

“Ay, Xiaojun and Kun are with them,” Lucas reminded the big group of seventeen people. “Wait, why aren’t Mark and Haechan with you?”

 

“Oh, god, we have so many people missing,” Taeyong muttered, scratching the back of his neck. “What are we going to do?”

 

“We’re going to have to get out of the school eventually,” Johnny said. “Any ideas?”

 

“Those who have their cars, go outside and bring it,” Taeil said. “Let’s all just go home, I doubt these aliens run faster than 100 kilometers per hour.”

 

“I really don’t think the group should be separated,” Ten interrupted him. “Look what happened with the others, we don’t know where they are.”

 

Si Cheng shrugged. “Then let’s just go and find them.”

 

“Guys, I really don’t think any of us should be going anywhere,” Taeyong spoke over them. “Look, I don’t know about you guys, but some of us are injured,” he said, pointing at the freshmen and sophomores behind him. “And Ten’s right, we shouldn’t be separating, we don’t even know what’s going on.

 

“We can’t just do nothing!” Yuta yelled at him. “How do we know if they aren’t injured and need our help?”

 

You wouldn’t have gotten injured if you didn’t lunge headfirst to those aliens,” Doyoung reminded him.

 

Taeyong’s eyes went wide. “You did what?!”

 

“Look, let’s just stay here for some time, okay?” Jaehyun said. “If they don’t come, we go and look for them, but for now, we stay in the office like we were asked.”

 


***

 

“How’s school like back in China?” Kun asked Xiaojun, the two of them swinging their legs back and forth on the table as they talked. “I haven’t been there in a while.”

 

Xiaojun shrugged. “Same as here except it’s in Mandarin. I guess it was fun, you know. My family wasn’t fighting yet, I had a boyfriend and hung out with him everywhere, it’s, well, you know.”

 

Kun patted Xiaojun’s thigh, grabbing his hand. “I’m sorry.”

 

“Nah, don’t worry, my dad had always been a cheating bastard and my ex wasn’t the person I thought he was.” Xiaojun sighed, staring at their entwined hands. “At least I wasn’t dealing with aliens.”

 

Kun nodded, also looking down at their hands together. “If you don’t mind me asking… what happened between you two?”

 

“Who, my dad or my ex?” Xiaojun asked.

 

“Erhm, either or neither is fine,” Kun responded, not wanting to pry too much into Xiaojun’s life. They’ve only known each other for about two weeks, after all, although this alien attack is making everything seem much longer.

 

Xiaojun bit his bottom lip, hesitating before responding. “I guess… not going to lie, I don’t remember how we first met,” he said. He stopped swinging his legs. “But I do remember always wanting to see him play basketball after school.”

 

Oof, sports. “Damn, I’m not good at basketball.”

 

“Me neither,” Xiaojun said, laughing. “But you know, he played it, so I had to watch him.” He smiled, thinking of the memory before turning neutral again. “Yeah, Zhangwei, he was on the basketball team and did bets and stuff. You know, despite me always watching him, he was the one who asked me out first.”

 

“I thought that only happened in movies,” Kun commented.

 

“Yeah, apparently it was mutual? So it turned out whenever I did think he was looking at me, he was.” Xiaojun paused, swinging his legs again but slowly. “It was weird, because everyone bullied me for being gay, despite me not being out nor talking to anyone, so I don’t know how that rumor started, but yet I didn’t know he was bi.” 

 

“Wait, you were bullied?” 

 

Xiaojun waved him off. “It was a long time ago, and you learn to stop caring. But yeah, when we started seeing each other, he didn’t mind letting other people know. We would hold hands, he would kiss me at my locker, walk me home. It was… endearing to say the least.”

 

China was homophobic, Kun remembered, extremely homophobic. Korea here was too, but at their school, it was really open minded and accepting. Heck, all of their friends were gay. “That’s cool, I know most people would want to hide it.”

 

“Yeah, it was nice, plus my mother already knew so…” Xiaojun shrugged. “I really did think he was the one.”

 

He stayed silent for a bit after that, letting go of Kun to rub his palms together slowly. “You know, the reason why we broke up is kind of stupid but does involved felonies.”

 

Kun’s eyes widened. “Did- did I just hear that correctly?”

 

“Yeah, about that…” Xiaojun sat up straighter, not wanting to look at Kun in the eye. “So he was my first, right? I trusted him, and he treated me very gently, and I liked it, and you know, I guess the whole… ual relationship went from there.” He wanted to cringe, he couldn’t believe he was telling Kun this. “So sometimes when we’re having phone , he wants my nudes. I personally did not like the idea of someone having nudes, but I trusted him a lot, so I sent them on one condition, that he would delete them afterwards.”

 

“And he didn’t do it?”

 

Xiaojun crossed his arms across his chest, staring at the ground. “Even worse.”

 

“... He didn’t do what I think he did, right?” Kun asked him. There was no way someone.. Spread them, right?

 

“To be fair, he said it wasn’t him,” Xiaojun said, still not looking at Kun. “His friend did it. And it got me mad for two reasons, one, because he never did delete them like I asked, and two, literally why the hell did he have friends who would do that?!” he exclaimed. 

 

Xiaojun forced himself to take a deep breath before continuing. “The pictures spread around the whole school and it became a mess. The school board had to step in since I’m a minor and it was considered agraphy, so anyone caught would go to jail. I didn’t press charges against him, but… yeah, the relationship ended after that.”

 

Kun wrapped his arms around Xiaojun, pulling him into a hug. “I’m sorry.”

 

“Don’t be, I’m over him, it just hurt, you know?” Xiaojun wrapped his arms around Kun’s waist, pressing his face against the latter’s chest. Kun was really warm and smelled nice, despite all the exercise he had done from fighting and running. “Then right after we discovered my dad cheating on my mom and… yeah, it was not a good end of the school year for me. Let me tell, today is better, despite me almost being killed.”

 

“I’m kind of concerned for that comparison,” Kun said, “but hopefully this day doesn’t get any worse.”
 


***


 

“This day can’t get any worse,” Jihoon muttered while ripping off the bottom of his shirt to press against Soonyoung’s wound. 

 

Soonyoung had accidently tripped on a puddle of green liquid and hit his head, like the clumsy person he is. Luckily, his head was fine, but he accidentally stabbed himself on his arm with the knife he had been holding. “It was an accident.”

 

“It’s common sense that you can run with knives, Hoshi.” Jihoon pressed the cloth on Soonyoung’s arm, trying to stop the bleeding. It was thankfully more like a graze than a stab, since it was close to the skin, but a wound was still a wound. “You have to be more careful.”

 

“Jihoon, I don’t have time to be careful, okay, there’s people here getting murdered!” Soonyoung yelled at him, stepping away from Jihoon. “Let me deal with this on my own, there should be a restroom nearby.”

 

“I’m just trying to help,” Jihoon whispered.

 

“I don’t need help- ah .” Soonyoung clenched his upper arm, trying to keep the blood in. “This is a lot of blood.”

 

Soonyoung took off his hoodie and pressed it against the wound. It was ruined anyways, since he was stabbed while wearing it. “That’s going to leave a scar for sure.”

 

Jihoon stayed quiet, letting Soonyoung deal with his wound. “I told you this was a bad idea.”

 

“Jihoon, not now-”

 

“I’m serious, Soonyoung, we should go back and at least get it treated-”

 

“I said not NOW, Jihoon!!” Soonyoung yelled at him. “Why do you always want to be like that?”

 

“Be like what, concerned? Am I supposed to ignore the fact that you're injured?” Jihoon pointed out. 

 

“Jihoon, I’m not like you okay? I’m not one who stays inside all day and ignores everyone and hopes the problem goes away!” Soonyoung tried to wrap his hoodie around his arm, tired of holding it up. “Now leave me alone, god.”

 

Jihoon clenched his fist and threw the knife on the floor, the loud clattering sound being heard throughout the hallway. “You’re a hypocrite.”

 

“What do you mean, I’m a hypocrite?” Soonyoung asked. “I’m not doing anything!”

 

“You ing got mad at me for being too clingy to you, for always caring about all the time and told me to never talk to you again,” Jihoon reminded him, his arms trembling. “And yet when I swallowed pills trying to kill myself, suddenly you were crying next to my bed in the hospital.”

 

“That-that’s different, Jihoon, hey wait, Jihoon-” Soonyoung let go of his hoodie and ran forward, trying to grab Jihoon’s arm, the latter trying to walk away. “Jihoon, that’s not what I meant-”

 

“It’s the same ing thing, Soonyoung,” Jihoon argued, trying to wrestly away from Soonyoung’s grasp. “You just told me to leave you alone-”

 

Soonyoung wrapped his hands around Jihoon, back hugging him. He didn’t pay attention to the fact that he was literally bleeding out from a wound. “Look, I’m sorry, okay?”

 

I’m sorry.