II. second chapter

unhappy ending II.

As a college students in her last year, life is pretty much hard. You wake up early, you go to school, walk home late at night and when home? You still need to study, basically you won't have a chance to sleep or even blink an eye.

That is how hard life is for Sana. She's in med school and she can't just play around to reach her goal; to be a doctor.

Just another stressful night stroll to her home, she let out a sigh, she got new books from the library and they are quite bigger than her head. So with the books blocking her way, her bad eyesight and the darkness of the night. She tripped over a stone. 'It's okay Sana, stand up, no one saw you.' She huffed as she struggled to pick herself up.

Now walking a little bit faster to make sure she left no traces of embarrassment there.

"Hey do you mind if I help you?" She stopped walking as she heard a voice call behind her. Dahyun. A smiling Dahyun with her hand offering to help was all she saw when she turned around. "No! No I don't mind actually, thank you." Sana panicked, giving her books to Dahyun as she fixed herself.

"You saw me trip?" Sana asked while chuckling, not being able to look at the woman walking beside her. 

"I did." Dahyun answered softly before stopping to get something from her hoodie's pocket. "Hold these books for a second." Then Dahyun kneeled down, a purple band-aid in her hand, she wiped Sana's knee with her hanky before putting the bandage on it. "Done! Can I have the books now?" Dahyun stood up with the brightest smile on her face and Sana was just standing frozen, with a pink blush on her cheeks, she handed back the books to Dahyun and ran away.

Hiding behind the door as she entered their home, she was welcomed with terror. Kim family is here, and for sure... 

*knock knock knock*

"It seems like Dahyun is already home, open the door for her Sana." 

oh no.

"Oh hi Dahyunie! What brings you here?" Sana greeted quite loudly over panic (everyone heard it). 

"We are together earlier... Why did you run?" Dahyun asked, handing the books to Sana before scratching her nape.

"I did?" Sana pretended to be shocked. She wished she could run away again or for a miracle that would make her disappear. 'What the hell are you saying Minatozaki Sana'

"Sana what are you doing let the girl in!" Her mother smacked the back of her head to get her back to her senses. "I'm sorry Dahyun she's stressed from school."

----------

Sana always loved eating especially when it's dinner time. But tonight was different, she didn't want to eat, instead, she wanted to be eaten by the floor. She can't move on from the embarrassment that happened hours ago NOT when Dahyun is sitting beside her, she can feel their skin touching.

"May I excuse myself please I really need to study now." She excused before rushing upstairs. 

"That kid is so stubborn." Her mother hissed.

Locking her door, flopping on her bed, she covered her face with a pillow and screamed her lungs out. 

Inhale. Exhale. 

"Okay I'm good. Time to study."  

Standing up again as she did random and weird stretches. She went to her study table by the window.

It was dark, she thought, but the skies aren't black; instead they are in a dark shade of blue with little stars shining upon, giving a little tint of light down here. And that is beautiful.

Looking at the sky as her head rests on her palm, she forgot that she needed to study,  her mind was going somewhere else. Everything beautiful really distracts her.

She shook her head taking her back to her senses. Opening her book, she started reading.

She grew tired from turning page to another page and her eyes felt sleepy. She looked at her window.

Their neighbour's house- Dahyun's home rather, can be seen through her window. But right infront of her was another window and she wondered if whose room was it.

The lights were open yet no movements can be seen through, not even a shadow. 

Sana's curiosity grew to the point where she moved her chair to see another angle of the room and there she saw...

a Kim Dahyun. Sana saw Dahyun changing to her pajamas, she was horrified and stood up real quick, bumping her knees under the table as she screamed out of pain. She saw a glimpse of Dahyun looking at her and there she realized. Her window was open.

She hid under her table for atleast ten minutes. Coming back up to her chair, she slapped herself. "You need to stop being stupid." She told herself.

But even if she tried hard not to look at Dahyun's window, her head just automatically moves to her direction from time to time. 

"U ok? I heard u scream."   Was written on a sticky note 'sticking' on Dahyun's window. 

Sana choked on air as she saw the question, peeking through to see if a sign of a girl named Dahyun was there. When she didn't find any traces of Dahyun, she picked out a sticky note from her bag and started writing.

"I'm okay, thank you for asking." she replied. Moments later she peeked up again and saw another note.

"You should be careful next time Sana~" 

"I know, I'm sorry for the loud scream hehe."

"It's ok I was just worried."

Instead of studying, Sana found herself writing on a sticky note and waiting for replies, it's silly but she found it cute. 

"Do you want some pizza? I have some here."

"Okay, how should we eat your pizza."

"Wait for me."

Sana's eyes widened when she saw Dahyun knocking on her window. "Did you just cross through the emergency stairs?"  She laughed.

"I'm a ninja." Dahyun winked, making Sana laugh harder.

From all the embarrassment earlier, she still found herself eating pizza with Dahyun, on a pretty weird place and a very unexpected time. Well atleast she looked cute in her sky blue pajamas and the pizza is good.

oh and the sky? It's the prettiest tonight.

 

------------