III. third chapter

unhappy ending II.

from our very first meeting I knew,
you were gonna be my saviour, 
my shoulder, 
my little star that will light the world, 
you are the one

​​​​-Kim Dahyun-

------------

Present day

the same white walls that's been keeping her from seeing how beautiful the outside world is. 

the same white ceiling that has been blocking the view of her favorite blue skies. 

she has no freedom, it feels like she's being isolated but she knows, it's for her own good. 

sitting on a chair by the window, she noticed something on the table. 

"keep fighting; S.C.Y" was written at its very corner. Dahyun smiled, remembering how Sana mentioned about the author; Son Chaeyoung. 

"S..C..Y... Son Chaeyoung?" Her eyes lit up, one hand reaching for a book on the other side of the table. She opened its first page. 'Love; S.C.Y', written. 

If you would ask her, nothing really interesting has ever happened since she got here, for almost three months of staring at the ceiling, scrolling through her phone and reading books, she never really noticed what was written on her table. 

it was written by Son Chaeyoung before she got discharged, makes sense for what Chaeyoung thought. 

Though she loves reading Chaeyoung's books, novels, poems and arts, she wasn't really much of a die-hard fan, yes she adores her and her works, but they came from the same university, and even had one same class which was; arts.

Thinking about the coincidences in her life, Dahyun didn't notice that her girlfriend was already behind her, looking at the book she was holding. 

"That's new." Sana's soft voice called, "Your mom came here earlier and gave me this, she is really sweet." Dahyun answered as she stood up. 

Putting both of her arms around Sana's shoulder as the latter responded by softly holding her waist. "I missed you..." 

"But we see each other everyday..." Sana chuckled giving Dahyun her signature puppy eyes. 

"But it's not enough." Dahyun pouted making her girlfriend scrunch her nose out of her cuteness. 

"Because you need to rest, should we cuddle after my rounds?" Sana comforted, pulling a sulking Dahyun into her arms. 

Taking a step back after she kissed Sana's lips, "When will they ever visit me?" Dahyun smiled weakly, her eyes staring at the window; longing. 

These are the times when Sana wouldn't know what to say, she can't say yes nor can she ever answer no; for both words will affect Dahyun. 

So she just did what she knows best, pulling her girl closer as she hid her face under Dahyun's chin. They stayed like that for minutes, with Sana sitting on Dahyun's bed and Dahyun standing, looking at how peaceful the face of her angel is as she rests on her chest. 

"Dahyunie..." 

"Hmm?" 

"I'm here." 

That was all the words she needed to hear, just those two words that can put her to safety. She's heard it before but the way Sana's voice turns it into a lullaby, she knows, Sana was all she needed. 

--------

she was like a cotton candy
like a brand new glass in a box
like a giant soap bubble
she could break easily
she could pop, and melt
I'm scared... 
for I am careless. 

-Minatozaki Sana-