TWO

Is it right? UNBELIEVABLE

Subin sleeps soundly, completely unaware that Sejun is wide awake, and sitting on the edge of the younger's bed. 8.05am. Babies are angels when they sleep. Sejun is reminded of the popular saying. Sejun knows Subin's timetable by heart, and he knows just when to wake his roommate up on which day. He has a little more time to spare, so he goes to wash up first, just in case everyone in the dorm wakes up to fight for the bathroom. As he dries his hair, he sees Seungsik walks out the room he shares with Hanse. Seems like he just pulled another all-nighter. Seungsik is always hardworking and pretty particular in what he does. He puts in his all to his studies, but he also finds himself responsible to take care of his dorm mates. He is persistent in preparing meals for everyone. No one had asked or requested him to do so, but he just likes to see the faces of the others when they eat his cooking. Seungsik yawns and stretches as he walks down the hallway to the kitchen. As Seungsik is preparing breakfast in the kitchen, Sejun decides it is probably time to wake the maknae up.

"Sleepy head. Time to wake up."

Seeing that Subin has no reaction to whatever he said, Sejun tries harder and taps Subin's shoulder. It results in the younger turning away, and tucking himself in the blanket more. This is war. Having no other choice, Sejun flips the blanket away, and grabs Subin by his wrists before pulling the younger up into sitting position.

"Uh- Hyung! Do you have to be so violent?" Subin complains, fully awake from the force that pulled him up.

"Well, to answer that question, I must say I have to because you're the living prove that nothing else works except force."

Sejun shrugs and goes over to pack his bag on his desk, now that he knows the maknae has awaken. Subin sits on his bed for a while, before he walks out the room to wash up. He walks like he is a zombie, dragging his feet and back slightly bent, his forelimbs hanging to the gravity, swaying from side to side as he walks. Cute. Sejun's dimple shows as he smiles. He cannot help but smile at a zombie Subin.

When Subin is done washing up, Sejun has already left for school. The maknae is greeted by Seungsik in the hallway, reminding him to go grab his breakfast before leaving for school. Seungsik returns to his room, saying he needs to nap. Subin checks the time, he may be just on time for school today, or if not a little early. Knowing that he is not late, Subin takes his time to double check his backpack, and packs himself some breakfast before leaving the dorm.

The way from the dorm to his faculty isn't long, but sometimes he would pick Naeun from the girls' dormitory next to his block, and walk her to her faculty before going to his own. Subin is not mindful of where his legs are taking him, and the next thing he realizes, he has almost step into the building Naeun's classroom is at. Embarrassed, he quickly turns and brisk walks away, back on the right track to his own classroom. Subin could be early had he taken the right way to school, but he ends up just slightly late, and he tries to make it less obvious by quietly entering the back door.

"Let's be kind to each other." Subin quickly locates an empty seat and lets himself sink in, still trying to be unobvious. But he notices something different. His usual first Monday class is taught by a female teacher, but the voice today is different. And the difference makes him curious. Subin lifts his head a little higher to see farther than the sea of heads in front of him.

Seungwoo.

"I am here as a replacement doesn't mean I'm going to be easy on all of you," Seungwoo says, trying to remain stern.

"Sir, you just said we should be kind to one another!" One student teases.

Subin faintly recalls that the female teacher had been pregnant for a while, but she mentioned she is not due till next month. Or it may be that Subin does not pay enough attention in class to remember.

Seungwoo walks down the aisles occasionally when he teaches. During those times, Subin gets a clearer view of the man. He has such fair skin, and his hair falls right in place, just a little above his eyes. Indeed, he is tall and has really nice wide shoulders. Seungwoo wears a dress shirt for class, underneath a cream knitted vest. His white dress shirt looks extremely clean and is thoughtfully ironed. The grey pants he has on is slim fit, and shows off his long legs. The thing is, dressing the formal dress code makes any human being look better than they already are. It is no different with Seungwoo, and if different, Seungwoo looks even better, much much better than his normal casual outfit Subin had seen him in the past few days. The model-like build Seungwoo has makes him look like he is walking the runway while he walks down the aisle, one hand in the pocket and the other holding the pointer. Subin's eyes never left his new teacher. But it is not just his eyes, his mind starts to capture images of every angle of the man standing in the class. Seungwoo's front profile looks fresh out of the fashion magazine, his left and right profile enhances his verticals advantage, and when he turns for a brief moment, showing his back... He has the most y back view. Wait- Y? Subin never imagines that he will describe any guy out there with this word. What's wrong with me?

"So... if anyone can tell me what's wrong with this equation?" Seungwoo's finger runs down the class list, "... Subin?"

Subin's back straightens into an attentive position as he hears his name, but his mind is still blank. He has absolutely no idea what Seungwoo had been talking about for the past half an hour. A few heads turn back to find out who is this Subin person who isn't saying a word after getting called. And eventually someone else, probably a model student, snatched the chance to show off his answer.

"I think..."

"Very well, but I'm sure you're not Subin, but never mind. Subin, please work harder." Seungwoo teases, and his eyes meet Subin's for a brief second.

The class chuckles at Seungwoo's teasing tone. Subin pinches his cheek to remind himself to stay alert for the rest of the class.
As soon as the bell sounds, Subin's friends comes towards his direction, all ready to make fun of him.

"What happened? Your face looked so blank just now. What happened to our smartass?"

Subin has always been quite the star student academically. Though friends on the outside, being in the same class makes them competitors for excellence. They all want to get on the good side of their teachers and professors as they are also assessed on their participation in class.

Subin finds himself staying quiet at the teases. How to answer that? He cannot say that his mind was completely blank at that time because the only thought he had was that Seungwoo is hot. Subin shakes his head while packing his bag, and quickly leaves the class. He definitely need to clear his head a bit, so he heads to the library.

Subin decides, that now he is not going to see Naeun, and has a great deal of time to spend on himself, he wants to improve academically. He is already doing good, but deep down he knows he can do better. He sets up his laptop on an empty table at the library, before going to the aisle of research papers and grabbing a few relevant ones. He has the whole lunch period to work on his project, and he aims to have it eighty percent completed. He works quietly on his laptop for the rest of lunch time, totally oblivious that Seungwoo has been sitting a few rows behind him. In the empty library, Seungwoo takes glances at the young man openly. In front of Seungwoo is his laptop opened, the class list reflected on the screen. On the class list, the names are accompanied by the photo of the student. Jung Subin. The screen reads this familiar name.