SIX

Is it right? UNBELIEVABLE

Thank you for everything, Subin. Hope the same for you. Subin's phone screen lights up in the early morning. 

Seungwoo is already awake, and sitting at the edge of his bed. He looks at the other male curled up at the other end of his bed, amused. How did I manage to get him in here? He says to himself silently, then props himself on his elbow, while leaning closer to the young man. And how is he sleeping so carelessly yet peacefully on my bed? The older man observes the sleeping Subin from the side, watching the young man's chest raise and fall rhythmically. Seungwoo then shakes his thoughts off and sits up once again, then rubs his face in both his palms. Han Seungwoo, wake up your idea. He starts to find it getting hot in the room even if it is the middle of the winter season. He quickly escapes into the bathroom to wash his face, and at the same time finishes his morning cleansing routine.

Subin wakes up to the sound of flowing water, and he stares up at the unfamiliar ceiling. Where is this place? He then realises that he is in Seungwoo's house and on his bed. The sudden realisation surprises the young man, and he shoots up into sitting position, then checks his clothes. Luckily, he is still in the outfit he was in the night before. 

"You feeling ok?" Seungwoo has already steeped out of the bathroom while Subin sits, staring blankly. 

"Yeah, I guess..." Subin mumbles, his eyes then lock on the tall man. 

Water droplets are visible on Seungwoo's fringe and his half wet hair makes him look extra y early in the morning. His face shines from the moisturiser he has applied. 

"You sure? You seemed really drunk last night. Anyway, go wash up, I'll make some soup so your stomach won't feel too bad later."

Seungwoo does not notice how the young man has been staring at himself, and just makes his way to the kitchen, and starts searching for the ingredients in the fridge. 

Subin stumbles out of bed, finding it a little hard to get his balance in check. It is then he realises his head is actually spinning a little and he holds himself up, hand on the wall while he makes his way to the bathroom. When he finally closes the bathroom door behind him, he holds the sink with both hands, while looking at himself in the mirror. I'm in such a mess. He sees his messy bed hair. His skin condition seems really bad, mostly dry from dehydration. On top of that, his head is still spinning. He washes his face to clear his mind, hoping it will help with his dizziness. After splashing some water on his face, he seems a little more awake, but his spinning head did not go away. Subin then makes his way back out into the kitchen shakily. 

The unstable walking catches Seungwoo's attention as soon as the young man enters the kitchen, and Seungwoo quickly gets hold on the small shoulders, and helps him get into a chair by the bar table. Seungwoo smiles to himself, extremely amused, while he goes back to fix breakfast for the two. While Seungwoo continues to work in the kitchen, Subin's head find its way onto the table top, his left cheek flat on the surface as he watches the house owner get busy. 

It isn't long before Seungwoo puts a huge bowl of soup in front of Subin. Then two bowls of rice, one on each side.

"Sorry I don't have many bowls in the house. You don't mind sharing right?"

"I don't mind!" Subin says, excited as he sits up too quickly and quickly holds his head in pain.

"Hey, slowly. Also, drink some water first, you must be badly dehydrated from ramyeon and alcohol."

Seungwoo places a glass of water in front of Subin, then goes to drag a chair and sits across the young man. He makes sure Subin finishes every drop of water in the glass before pushing the rice bowl nearer to the younger to signal him to eat up. He then watches Subin take a first bite before he sips slowly on a spoon of soup. Seungwoo mindlessly sips on his now empty spoon, while his eyes continue to fix on the man sitting across him. Subin does not mind, or that he does not even realise a pair of eyes have been staring at him, his bit of clear conscious tells him that he has to fill his stomach with the hot soup or he will have a really bad day ahead. It is only when Subin finishes more than half the contents in the bigger bowl that he looks up at the older man, noticing the other has not eaten much.

"You're not eating, hyung?"

The sentence draws Seungwoo's attention back to his full bowl of rice and empty spoon. He laughs awkwardly.

"I'm distracted I guess, but you obviously need this soup more than I do so you can eat more."

Subin pouts, getting the hint of tease in Seungwoo's tone and pushes the bowl closer to the older and folds his arm while sitting back.

"You can have the rest, I'm not going to let you say I'm a freeloader later."

"Alright alright, also if you don't want to be a freeloader, will you make the bed and do the dishes?" Seungwoo chuckles as he points at the bed and sink.

"Fine, I will! Later."

Subin stands and stretches first, then holds his head again, pretending to be dizzy again and falls onto bed.

Seungwoo shakes his head and takes a few big bites and quickly finishes the soup.

"Lazybum. Make the bed and do the dishes, I have to go out, I got a job to do. Also, you can rest here a while more if you wish. Just remember to check the door is closed after you go."

Seungwoo is already putting on his outerwear while he says. Subin turns over to take a peek.

"You're leaving already?" Subin is surprised.

"Yes I am, do the chores okay?"

Seungwoo picks up his backpack and reminds Subin one last time before he closes the main door behind him. Subin looks at the empty studio apartment, then realises he is now alone in Seungwoo's house. He just left me here? He isn't afraid I will steal his money? Subin wonders, then quickly gets up and tidies up the studio, as he sees no point in pretending being dizzy anymore. Finally he checks the studio one last time before picking up his belongings and leaving for his dorm.

Back at the dorm, Subin removes his outlet wear carelessly and quickly slips into bed. It may be because he slept too late the night before, or that the alcohol has make him weak, his only wish is to lie in bed the whole day. 

Subin almost forgets that he has a shift in the late afternoon to closing. If Seungjun had not text him to remind him to report to work, He may really forget about it. After receiving the text, Subin jumps up from his bed and goes to wash up, change into a fresh set of clothes and then rush out the form in a flash. 

Subin makes it to the cafe, being barely on time. But it is the afternoon peak hour of service, so he has no time to waste. He quickly gets changed and puts on his apron before helping out his coworkers around the cafe. With no time to think otherwise, Subin continues to work mindlessly in the cafe, serving and cleaning tables, and sometimes going into the kitchen to make soufflés. 

It isn't until late evening that the cafe finally quieten down. Subin finally gets to sit down for a bit, and he finds himself a bit hungry. He then asks Seungjun for permission then disappears into the kitchen to make himself some sandwich. Seungjun is generous as usual to allow all his staff use ingredients in the kitchen freely. Subin makes himself a simple sandwich ham and cheese toast, then cut it into perfectly equal triangles and plates them. He feels proud of his creation and takes his time to photograph it down before bringing his sandwich out to eat behind the counter. Subin hides himself at an undiscovered corner behind the bar counter, sits in a small stool, and munches away. 

While Subin is away in the kitchen, Seungwoo walks into the cafe with a smaller boy following behind him. Seungwoo heads straight for the counter to order. While walking, the tall man has glanced the whole cafe, noticing Subin is not around. Seungjun stands at the counter to take Seungwoo's order, completely hiding Subin away into the unseen corner, also unintentionally hiding the younger away from Seungwoo's sight. Subin also does not pay much attention to the new customers in the cafe, he knows his coworkers are able to handle. 

"One soufflé, one iced latte and one grapefruit ade."

Subin finds the ordering voice a little familiar, but he does not remember from whom he had heard this voice before. Also, his sandwich is definitely more appealing than finding out whose voice that is at the moment. 

Seungwoo makes his way back to his seat holding the two drinks and a number card. Seungwoo sits across Dongpyo around a round table. Dongpyo then shifts his bag away from the seat in between them then take the chair and drags it all the way close to where Seungwoo is and finally sits down after all the hassle. Dongpyo chatters on about his school and friends while Seungwoo listens to him patiently. Meanwhile, Seungwoo still observes the cafe surroundings, hoping to see the familiar figure walking around. When the soufflé pancake is served, Dongpyo asks for a whole round of selfies and food photos before the two finally start to eat. Seungwoo isn't too much a fan of sweets, but he still takes a bite since Dongpyo highly recommends this Saturday special dish of the cafe. After Seungwoo's first bite, Dongpyo asks the older to feed him. His small boney arms wrap around Seungwoo's stronger one, and his body naturally leans over to the older's warmth. Seungwoo gives in to Dongpyo's request and cuts a piece then sends it to Dongpyo's mouth. 

Subin munches on his last bite of sandwich as he stands, and his eyes immediately locks on the familiar side view of Seungwoo at the corner of the cafe. And he is just about to call out Seungwoo's name when a head pop up from behind Seungwoo's frame. The person is smiling, and he looks young. And he is grabbing on Seungwoo's arm. And, Seungwoo is feeding him. 

I can tell you this person is really cute.

That person seems cute, and is full of charm. He clearly requested Seungwoo to put that piece of food in his mouth. And his reaction after eating looks undeniably adorable. Cute. Subin finds himself describing the boy beside Seungwoo with the word cute, and he gets shivers down his spine. Is that the cute person on his mind? Subin quickly escapes into the kitchen, and starts to find himself chores to do. He rinses all the plates and glasses piled up in the sink, then stack them up nicely into the dishwasher. Then he looks around the kitchen and starts to organise this and that. In his coworkers' view, Subin is just working on the standard procedures of closing. But little do they know, Subin's mind is in a mess and he can only work on tasks that are carved into his muscle memories or he will screw up and make a thousand mistakes if he serves at the cafe. 

Is that the cute person?