Rant 08. No Such Thing As Perfection

❊Dear Diary❊ » From the Mind of AFF users

 

by ChaoticDarkAngel

 

I notice a lot of author's on here, and many other writer's strive to make their stories and characters 'perfect'. For some reason that word just bugs me a bit. Yes being 'perfect' isn't a bad thing; but let's be honest here...is any writer on here perfect? I highly doubt it. Even with the most wonderful author's on here, everyone has a flaw and that's why I don't call any writer on here 'perfect'.

When people write mary sue or gary stu character's, it bugs me also. The author writes about character's not having any flaws, because in real life they are not perfect. I don't blame them on that part I guess; secretly I think all of us, deep down, want to be a perfect person.

My character's I'll admit: I do see some mary stu in them and I apologize for that, I'll try not to make them gary stu's ^^; (Using gary stu term because I love writing male character's more than female ones) I'll try to give them better flaws and make them not too likeable, or not too cute/innocent.

But I just like writing about the cute/innocent type of character, so I apologize if all my character's may seem like that ha ha.

But anywho back on topic here.

There is no such thing as perfection. Yes you can improve on your grammar/spelling and accept constructive criticism, but if someone is giving constructive criticism you absolutely can NOT FORCE YOUR OPINIONS/THOUGHTS ON OTHER PEOPLE. Those that do that, you have to be nicer when you give criticism.

Try to balance the nice/harshness in criticism alright? ^^ I'm not a critique, thus I don't give critiques I just comment/give my thoughts or opinions on a story. Fanfiction is just a hobby for some, a way to relieve stress of the real world and or if they're depressed and you people have to respect that.

Anywho I guess this is just, how I feel about writers that aim and strive for perfection in their stories. I apologize for any grammar/spelling error's here I'm working on that still ^^;

 

 

thelonelycorner❞ 

 Double update!!

I'm so happy people are submitting so much <3 it makes my heart feel all fluffy :3 

Let's get off topic for a moment;, I'm watching Soul Eater as I'm updating this, so yeah.. 

I LOVE YOU SOUL/DEATHTHEKID XD

Till next time~

~Lily