Rant 05. People are so STUPID..

❊Dear Diary❊ » From the Mind of AFF users

by royalvip

Like really.

Especially the girls in my school. I'm ashamed to be a girl because of them.

Ok, so have any of you read the book "Animal Farm" by George Orwell? You haven't? Well then, I'll give you a short summary of the book. Here goes.

 

So the animals and the farm represent Communist Russia. The "animals" are sick and tired of working their asses (cwidt ;D) off, only to be rewarded with minimal food and being forced to give their own product (milk, eggs, etc.) to the "farmer", AKA the Government or whatever. So, the animals, persuaded and encouraged by the pigs who are apparently superior in intelligence, rebel and attack the "farmer" and overthrow him so he leaves the farm. Throughout the book, the animals work hard at improving their farm and whatnot, but the Pigs have become corrupt. They start pretty much a dictatorship and nobody really notices because, well, animals are stupid. I hope you get the basic Idea.

(this is what Wikipedia said about the background or wahtever of the book: Animal Farm is an allegorical novella by George Orwell published in England on 17 August 1945. According to Orwell, the book reflects events leading up to and during the Stalin era before the Second World War. Orwell, a democratic socialist,[1]was a critic of Joseph Stalin and hostile to Moscow-directed Stalinism, especially after his experiences with the NKVD, and what he saw of the results of the influence of Communist policy ("ceaseless arrests, censored newspapers, prowling hordes of armed police" – "Communism is now a counter-revolutionary force"),[2] during the Spanish Civil War.)

 

Mkay.

So you get what the book is about, right? Animals representing peeps from communist Russia before ww2

Alrighty then.

So we're reading this book in English and the other day we were having a discussion about the book with the class. The teacher asks, "How does the book make you feel? What do you think the message is? What do you think of the blah blah blah...".

I raised my hand with an (obviously) logical answer, but since my teacher for some reason hates me she called on this stupid girl in the class instead. 

You know what this.... pathetic excuse for a middle school Honors English student says?!

"I feel bad for the animals. I think people should start treating animals nicer and stop forcing them to do work for us and stuff."

Then another girl raises her hand and says, "They're just animals. We should treat them nicer."

 

...........

 

THIS BOOK IS NOT ABOUT ANIMAL CRUELTY.

 

DAFUG.

YOU SHOULD NOT BE IN THE ACCELORATED READING PROGRAM. YOU SHOULD NOT BE IN HONORS. GAHHH.

And nobody even corrected her. All the guys + me and my NOT stupid friend were all just giving her the "wtf" face. 

Sigh.

The teacher kind of looked at her, then called on someone else.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

And today something similar happened.

We were discussing/debating our opinions on whether the law that allows people to carry weapons with them should remain legal. Basically, should citizens have the right to bear arms. 

The first question asked was "What does bearing arms mean?"

So I explained to her, in detail and like it was the most obvious thing ever. I wanted her to feel bad.

So then we began our debate.

THe SAME girl who made the first comment on Animal Farm raised her hand and my friend whispered to me, "Be careful not to think too hard, *Lauren*. you could hurt yourself."

So the teacher called on *Lauren* and she said, "I don't think people should be allowed to carry weapons because when I see someone holding a gun in front of me I know they're going to do something bad. Also, if guns are taken away from people there would be no need to use them for "self defense" because nobody would attack anybody. Instead of guns, for self defense, people should learn martial arts and used knives instead."

 

...

1. If someone's holding a gun in front of you, its either because you ed up in life and you're about to get killed or you're in the WRONG neighborhood. And OBVIOUSLY if someone's holding a gun in front of you they have bad intentions, but like really? Thanks, miss obvious.

2. If guns were taken away from every citizen in the US, do you REALLY think that would stop attacks/murders? NO. Why? Criminals can EASILY steal or smuggle weapons from police, military, or out of the country places where there are guns. And even if they didn't use a gun, they could very well use a kitchen knife and kill you. What did you think they were gonna do? Be all like, "Oh well, my guns are gone. I might as well give up killing and go cut myself an onion to eat with this lovely, huge kitchen knife that's at my disposal."

3. Martial arts and knives? oh, that's MUCH better! I can't wait for our country to be peaceful with people doing martial arts and swinging knives at each other all the time! :D

 

I can't wait to go to highschool. I'll finally be in a class that suits my mental level xD

 

Any stupid tales you'd like to tell me? Please, i'd be fascinated.

 
*extra; this girl is also trying out to represent our school and give our culmination speech. oh joy. Like literally... ok, this is a basic diagram of my english class.
(hint; the blonde derpette/derpinas are the stupid girls. The rest are the guys, me, and my smart female friend... no offense to the blondies out there ;D)
 
and it .

thelonelycorner❞ 

 I don't want to live on this planet anymore.

Till next time. 

~Lily