Rant 03. The Reasons why I write

❊Dear Diary❊ » From the Mind of AFF users

by IceDragonHikari

 

Why do I write?

I write because it relaxes me, I'm not stressed out or anything; I just feel more at piece with my writing. It just sort of takes me away for a bit from the real world, I love using my imagination and writing has helped me do that ^^ I can create new worlds, character's, creatures just about anything.

When people say 'Oh you shouldn't write about this, or that' I just laugh at them honestly.

I'm not writing for YOU I'm writing for ME.

I enjoy it when people smile when they read my stories, I like it when they laugh if there's humor in my stories, it makes me feel good especially if that person had a bad day and my story cheered them up.

Don't be afraid to write.

Write about anything you want, whatever comes to mind. Yes I know guides on here are helping you; but some of the guides that complain about cliched stories you need to have a look at your writing my friend. We've all written and have cliched stories, no matter how original you try to make it everything has been done before.

Don't write for anyone but yourself. Write because it's your passion, your hobby.

I want to make a living off of my books someday; I'm working on trying to reasearch on how to get my novella published.

I'm not in it just for the money, I just want to make a living off of my books. I also plan on going to Korea someday, in about one or two year's hopefully when my mom and I save up for it.

I'm not going just for K-Pop either, those groups travel everywhere in the world so it's not because of that. ^^

Oops went off topic for a bit ha ha.

I know my writing isn't the greatest, I know my grammar isn't the greatest, but I'm working on it. I have a non-verbal learning disability it turns out; I have a hard time understanding even the basics of grammar; so if you're a grammar freak try to be patient with me please ^^;

If you tell an author there story when it clearily doesn't, you need to get off your pedestal and have a look at your own writing. Think about the author's feelings.

If you're ranting up a storm about cliches well guess what: You're stories are cliched too.

 

And that's it I guess.

I'm sorry if this offended anyone, I'm just voicing my thoughts here; I'm tired of good author's being bashed on here, just because they're stories are 'cliched' or whatever. All the stories I've subscribed too have AMAZING author's, ones I look up too and feel I can ask for advice if I need it ^^ So kudo's to HellsRainbow, suzukikasami, JoonieMoon, YoBuddy, OnKeyStory, KimYunjae, ZaraNK1, erodedfiction, and...the rest XD Sorry I can't name all of you on here, I have at least...three hundred subscription's lol. But you guy's are all awesome!

 

 

thelonelycorner❞ 

 YAYYYYYYYYY! Third rant!!!! :D Thanks again, IceDragonHikari, for submitting another rant! I love it when people submit.... so KEEP SUBMITTING YOUR RANTS TO ME<3 I LAHB ITT!!! I don't know if htis is considered a rant, but like I said, rants don't have to be angry- it can simply be about just telling about something you love and WHY you love it. Personally, i love writing so I enjoyed this rant D;

Till next time~ 

~Lily