i think i wanna marry you

Marry You

 

The bride’s chamber is a lot more chaotic than anything you’d expect from a group of (usually) well-organized girls.

 

Clothes are scattered everywhere in a haphazard mess of colors and fabric, some of which are even dangling on the back of chairs or heaped into mismatched piles in all four corners of the room. Makeup and accessories covered the available spaces left, and the vanity table itself is practically loaded with every cosmetic item known to man. They can hear the dull roar of incoming guests from the other side of the wall, but it’s easily drowned out by the excited chatter that fills the air around them.

 

The room that these girls are all crammed into seems way too small for three bridesmaids (well, two, since one isn’t currently present) and the bride-to-be herself. Unsurprisingly, Cho Miyeon has no issues with this and remains totally unaffected.

 

She calmly stands at the center of their room in all her ethereal glory. Her luscious, brunette hair has been styled into layered waves that nicely frame her God-given visuals as they cascade down her bare shoulders like the finest silk. Her soft, bow-shaped lips are a delightful shade of pink that’s begging to be kissed, and her lissome figure is accoutered in a beautiful white gown that’s been specially tailored to fit her body like a glove. Her arms are encased within matching lace sleeves that stop right above her elbows and are fastened securely by a row of small, pearl-shaped buttons. The wedding gown hugs her delicate frame perfectly, curves and all, as it billows out at the bottom. Flowing around her feet like a puffy cloud.

 

Miyeon admires her reflection silently while her two friends scuttle about, each of them caught up in their own excitement for the event to come. A smile tugs at the corner of her lips when she watches them prepare for her big day. And as the room continues to revolve around her, the Korean beauty retreats back into her mind as the memory of her fiancée’s proposal replays in her head.

 

All Miyeon could see then was Yeh Shuhua down on one knee before her. Staring up at the older girl with those enticingly dark eyes that held the stars of the entire galaxy inside of them.

 

“Miyeon-unnie… I know that we’ve only been together for three and half years now, but they’ve been the happiest, most fulfilling moments of my life because you were always there with me. I also know that I want to live the rest of my days waking up next to you every morning. I want to come home to your embrace and the lips that would kiss away my burdens after a long day. I want to annoy the heck out of you, and then make up for it with hugs and kisses because I know how much you love them. I want to spend my lazy weekends cuddling with you on the couch and playing with your fingers as you run your hand through my hair, and I want to spend every night falling asleep to the sound of your voice as I keep you close in my arms. You’re my partner-in-crime, Cho Miyeon… Will you please marry me?”

 

A gentle hand on her shoulder pulls Miyeon out from memory lane, and she turns to find Soojin smiling warmly at her.

 

“You’re crying again, unnie.”

 

Miyeon blinks away the tears that have already formed in her eyes as she laughs. “Yeah, sorry. I just—I love Shuhua so much… Marrying her just feels so surreal…”

 

The bride proceeds to dab at her eyes using the tissues that Soojin has handed to her while trying not to smudge her makeup.

 

“Well, let’s hope you two can keep it under control once you get out there. God knows Soyeon-unnie would be bawling in the back before you’d even reach the altar.” Aisha jokes over her shoulder and fixes a knowing look in her cousin’s direction. Soojin laughs at the mention of her dear wife as her fox eyes sparkle with fond amusement.

 

“Don’t worry, I packed an extra 3-ply just for the occasion.” Soojin adds, winking.

 

Speak of the Devil. The ever-so-charismatic Jeon Soyeon barges into the room at that exact moment, wielding this aura of authority around her wherever she goes. Soojin resists the urge to grin and puts on a disapproving frown instead. “Not allowed here, missy. Shoo.”

 

The expression on her wife screams urgent. “Minnie-unnie and Yuqi aren’t here yet.”

 

Miyeon feels her stomach flip. They’re starting in less than thirty minutes, and both the bridesmaid and best woman are absent? “W-What?”

 

Soyeon glances at her friend. “Minnie-unnie and Yuqi aren’t—” She pauses right away upon finally registering the sight of Miyeon looking like an angel sent from above in her stunning, white wedding gown and completely forgets about the missing latecomers.

 

“Wow, Miyeon-unnie. You’re gorgeous.”

 

The little compliment has Miyeon tearing up all over again, and Soojin rolls her eyes in mock exasperation. The vixen crosses the room, kisses her actual softie (plus shortie) of a wife, and gently urges her out the door.

 

“You’re ruining her makeup, Soyeonnie. Now move along. I’m sure those two lovebirds will show up.”

 

Soyeon obeyed, but not before taking Soojin’s face between her hands for another kiss. This time, she lets it linger there and revels in the velvety-likeness of her wife’s full lips that taste like cherry on her tongue. Satisfied, Soyeon’s cat eyes curve into happy crescents as she resumes her search for the MinQi duo.

 

Soojin just shakes her head to hide the scarlet blush on her cheeks from the bold, yet sweet gesture. It doesn’t help that her friends have collectively fawned over the act when it happened.

 

“Not a single word.” She deadpanned upon facing them and seeing their cheeky smirks.

 

The door was almost closed until a hand flew out to stop it. Lo and behold, a flushed and disheveled Minnie Nicha Yontararak appeared as she hurriedly slips through the provided gap before shutting the door behind her so she can lean heavily against it. Trying to catch her breath by heaving lungfuls of air through . By the looks of it, she seems to have run all the way here.

 

“Sorry, I’m late…Traffic and stuff.” The Thai pants, clutching at her chest to steady her heartbeats. “But hey, I’m here now…!”

 

Her cream-colored silk dress is slung over her shoulder like a potato sack, and she wore matching heels to accompany the outfit. Right now, though, Minnie is donning a pair of black sweatpants and an orange hoodie that looks awfully similar to the one owned by a certain Han girl. Her long hair is in tangled, auburn curls, which she quickly works into smoothing down for a cleaner appearance. “How much time do I have left?”

 

“Mmm… twenty minutes, give or take.” Miyeon says blithely.

 

“Ah, dammit.” Minnie mumbles, shaking out her wavy tresses to give them that effortlessly soft look. The three other girls grin amusedly at the purple-dyed ends getting caught in the light, which their friend insisted on sporting for the wedding and no one could tell her otherwise. Purely Minnie.

 

“Traffic, you say, unnie?” Aisha teased while raising a perfectly arched eyebrow in jest.

 

Minnie jumps at her speculative tone, ruining the makeup that she was applying haphazardly. She swears in Thai and wipes it off quickly before looking behind her with a horribly guilty expression.

 

“Yeah, um… We got stuck in a standstill.” Minnie faltered.

 

Soojin gives a slow nod, secretly unconvinced. “So, that’s why you and Yuqi were late.” She emphasized in a suspiciously casual tone and glanced at Miyeon, who was struggling (and failing) to maintain a straight face.

 

Minnie spins around to eye them quizzically. “I beg your pardon?”

 

“Stuck in traffic.” Aisha replies on their behalf.

 

Taking a deep breath, Minnie closes her eyes and exhales before opening them again. “Right, right… Of course.”

 

Miyeon watches their exchange in adoring silence. A feeling of calm settles around her as she’s surrounded by three of her closest friends during the biggest milestone in her life: getting married to her one true love.

 

She smiles to herself.

 

Everything is okay.

 

 

Everything is not okay.

 

Yeh Shuhua is feeling far from the definition of calm as she sits in the ridiculously elaborate armchair with her elbows propped on her knees and her head buried in her hands. If one more thing goes wrong, she would probably cry.

 

Actually, no, she will cry.

 

Shuhua feels someone patting her back andwith the most forlorn face ever—peeks up to find Soyeon offering her a comforting half-smile. The shorter girl looks chic and snazzy in her one-shoulder tuxedo dress that compliments her fierce vibes. Taller too. Has to be those platform heels she’s wearing.

 

“Breathe, Shu.” Soyeon encouraged while tucking a lock of ebony hair behind Shuhua’s ear. “It’s gonna be fine, don’t worry.”

 

The bridegroom-to-be lets her face drop back in her hands, lamenting. “Yuqi isn’t here yet, unnie.” She whined.

 

“She’ll be here any second now, I’m sure of it.”

 

Yiren gazes at her questioningly over Shuhua’s head, and Soyeon sends her an exaggerated shrug in response. Palms facing upward as she mouths, “I don’t know!”

 

The younger Chinese frowns as she bends to grab her phone from the coffee table in front of her.

 

“I hope there hasn’t been an accident or something.” Yiren comments, checking her notifications from any missed calls or messages from her cousin. None.

 

Shuhua’s head sprang up with a panicked expression on her face. She flits her gaze between Yiren and Soyeon, the latter of whom sighs an exasperated “Not really helping, Ren” at the other maknae. Soyeon then adds for her benefit, “There’s no accident, Shu. Relax.”

 

It certainly doesn’t ease her growing anxiety as Shuhua jumps to her feet and begins pacing the room to calm her spiking nerves. Not that it helped either.

 

“I think I’m gonna be sick…”

 

The biggest day of her entire twenty-eight years of existing—and she’s a damn train wreck!

 

Yiren tries to appease her friend’s worry. “That’s normal. Pre-wedding jitters are usually common—” Soyeon gives her a pointed glare, and she immediately switches gears mid-sentence. “Shuhua, this is possibly the most important milestone in your life right now and—”

 

“And my best woman isn’t even here!” Shuhua wails.

 

Right on cue, Yuqi comes bursting through the door. “I’m here!”

 

Soyeon all but collapsed onto the intricate armchair Shuhua had just vacated. “Oh, thank goodness.”

 

Shuhua regards her childhood best friend with skepticism as she takes in the Han girl’s unkempt appearance. The top three buttons of Yuqi’s dress shirt are undone. Her tousled, blond hair has this “out-of-bed” look that (thankfully) seems easy to fix with some thorough brushing, and her suit jacket is nearly slipping off her shoulders in her haste. Yiren gets a very vivid image of the cool and charming Song Yuqi running down the streets with her suit jacket flapping behind her like a cape, and she coughs inconspicuously to hide her snickers.

 

Meanwhile, Shuhua bolts across the room and body-slams into Yuqi. Hugging her like a lifeline. “Where the Hell have you been?!”

 

Yuqi blinked owlishly, reciprocating the hug after gathering her senses back. “Traffic issue. Sorry for the delay.” She’s surprised to feel Shuhua trembling like a leaf against her and slowly eases back to examine the bridegroom, holding her at arm’s length. “What’s wrong, Shu?”

 

“I’m scared, Yuqi.” Shuhua bluntly admits with an all-too-serious expression.

 

Yuqi almost laughed at her comical expression. “You’ll be fine, bud. Miyeon-unnie loves you.” She assures with her usual flair of confidence.

 

“But what if I pass out?”

 

“Or worse, you start crying.” Yiren interjects from the side. Soyeon chucks a gold-trimmed pillow at her -eating grin and ignores her loud whine of protest when it hits her square in the face.

 

“Not to rush you girls, but Shuhua has to be out there already.” Soyeon jerks a thumb at the fancy wall clock hanging above the door. They have about ten minutes left until the start of the ceremony, which means Miyeon will be walking down the aisle soon!

 

Shuhua did a double-take to make sure that her eyes weren’t deceiving her, blanched, and then promptly skedaddled out of the room with her fluffy skirt bouncing along as she ran. Yiren casually follows her with the intent of seeing Aisha while Soyeon opts to stay behind and help Yuqi freshen up.

 

“Hey, Wooks?” The Han girl glances at her friend. “You got a lipstick smudge over here.”

 

She taps the spot just left of before sauntering off to find a hairbrush. Yuqi’s eyes go round as she darts towards the nearest mirror to examine the scandalous mark, only to discover nothing and that Soyeon has just fooled her. Boisterous laughter fills the air as Soyeon dodges the incoming barrage of pillows from a flustered Yuqi.

 

“Goddammit, unnie!”

 

 

Waiting at the altar in a fit of nerves, Shuhua observes the scene unfolding in the back of the chapel with light-hearted amusement. Grateful for the solid confirmation that her group of friends would never change, no matter the circumstances. She somehow manages to keep a poker face on throughout Soyeon and Yuqi’s impressively quiet scuffle, which ends with her short unnie Soyeon gaining the upper hand and (surprisingly) grappling the strong Yuqi in a headlock.

 

The cat-eyed girl smirks triumphantly at her win, but then loses her cool when Soojin jumps into the fray. Shuhua can hear Soyeon’s protesting whines as she’s dragged away by her wife, who starts poking her emphatically on the chest to accentuate a hushed rant.

 

While Soojin is gesturing wildly at the sheepish Soyeon, Yiren and Aisha are chilling near the wall and minding their own business. Isolating themselves in their personal bubble as Aisha teaches her girlfriend how to use a DSLR camera. It’s blatantly obvious that Yiren isn’t paying attention to whatever the taller girl is showing her since 99.9% of her attention is focused on studying every aspect and detail of Aisha’s face with literal heart-eyes.

 

Minnie has rushed to Yuqi’s side and is already straightening the young girl’s suit jacket for her. She gently pats down the faint creases on Yuqi’s sleeves and goes to re-adjust the cute little bowtie that’s hanging askew from her shirt collar, whilst Yuqi stares deeply at Minnie’s concentrated expression. Standing in such close proximity grants their eyes to meet halfway once Minnie looks up, and she smiles bashfully under Yuqi’s affectionate gaze as the latter returns it with a lopsided grin of her own.

 

(By this point, Shuhua is highly convinced that the two of them are secretly dating and would even bet her right toe on it.)

 

The bridegroom allows her eyes to wander off and absently notes the soft music resonating from the piano keys somewhere behind her. The group of friends quickly scramble into pairs before heading down the aisle with their respective partners in tow. Shuhua smiles appreciatively at Minnie, who sends her a reassuring nod as she walks up on Yuqi’s arm as her childhood friend beams her way. Followed by Soojin’s hand patting Shuhua on her shoulder as the fox-eyed vixen passes alongside Soyeon, then the playful wink Yiren shoots her when she and Aisha come after them.

 

Shuhua’s eyes are immediately glued to the entrance once the music shifts, and all the guests turn around to catch a glimpse of the bride. There she appears in the doorway, beautiful and sublime as she was in the very first moment Shuhua had seen her. And beautiful and sublime as she will always be.

 

A wave of emotions crashes over Shuhua that threaten to spill from her eyes, because God

 

He really spent extra time when he made you.

 

And he bestowed to her a masterpiece of a gift named Cho Miyeon, in all her magnificent glory.

 

Shuhua holds her hand out for Miyeon as soon as she reaches the altar. And when the older girl takes it, her face lights up with the type of smile that eventually turns into a laugh. The one that bubbles out of nowhere and catches you off-guard, but infects you enough to copy it.

 

Once they were facing each other, brown met black and a thousand feelings passed instantly as the couple stared at the beauty in front of them. Miyeon in her stunning white gown and lace-knit arm sleeves. Shuhua in her short cocktail dress and the dark blazer that complements the ribbon choker adorning her slender neck with a single white rose pinned on its side. The Taiwanese cups her lover’s cheek and her thumb across the soft, ivory skin there.

 

“You’re so beautiful, unnie.” Shuhua whispers as her breath is essentially stolen by the Goddess before her. Funny, considering that Miyeon herself is at a loss of words thanks to the overwhelming rush of emotions choking her up at the sight of her soon-to-be-wife. Blissful tears gather in the corner of her eyes as she blinks rapidly to hold them back, desperately trying to comprehend how lucky she is.

 

She’s just so happy to be finally marrying the love of her life.

 

“And you look spectacular yourself, Shu-Shu.” Miyeon murmurs as she leans into the tender hand that’s her cheek lovingly and covers it with her own. It feels warm and caring, just like Shuhua.

 

In the background, their friends stood and watched as the two officially tied the knot. Speaking their vows before moving to the ring exchange, where Miyeon began sobbing uncontrollably as Shuhua slipped hers on before she did the same and sealed their marriage with a heartfelt kiss. She throws herself into Shuhua’s arms right after, causing them to stumble a bit until the Taiwanese finds her footing and hugs Miyeon tightly against her. The crowd cheers for them, erupting into a chorus of whoops and whistles as they clap their hands joyously to congratulate the newlyweds.

 

Soyeon wipes her eyes using the Kleenex tissues that Soojin has generously given her prior to the ceremony and hopes that the others didn’t notice. Seconds later, she hears a sniffle beside her and immediately whips around to find Yuqi doing her damn-darndest best not to cry a waterfall inside the chapel.

 

She looks stunned for a moment. “Wooks, are you…?”

 

“Don’t you dare finish that sentence, unnie.” Yuqi warns while calmly looking ahead.

 

Yiren giggles as Soyeon gapes at her dongsaeng with eyes widened in utter disbelief. Yuqi rarely ever cries, so this is beyond everything right now. “Oh my God, you absolutely baby—Ow!”

 

Yuqi, this doll-faced menace, just kicked her in the shin. The audacity.

 

“Why, you evil—!”

 

And then, they’re back to wrestling one another as Shuhua and Miyeon joyfully celebrate their new future together. Yuqi takes advantage of their height difference to pin the shorter Soyeon down as payback for earlier while Yiren plays referee like they’re in a wrestling ring instead of an actual wedding. Typical maknae line behavior.

 

Seeing this ordeal happen between the younger group of friends, the unnie line shakes their heads and smiles fondly at their silly, yet lovable partners goofing around in the midst of MiShu’s grand celebration.

 

Guess some things never truly change, after all.

 

 

“Whoo! Party time, es!”

 

Yuqi bellows in the loudest, most American accent ever and bounds for the dance floor just as the music cues up. She kicks off her Chelsea boots, s her suit jacket, and starts dancing crazily in just her socks. Her wild movements garner the attention of the entire guest population in the area—including Minnie, whose heart begins to pound in her chest when Yuqi throws a devilishly attractive grin her way.

 

The floor gradually fills up with the other partygoers in the reception as they join the eccentric dance machine that is the Han girl busting out moves like the world is going to end tomorrow, but the Thai remains frozen on her spot as she mutely gawks at the doll-faced whirlwind with smitten eyes and a hanging mouth.

 

At that moment, Minnie Yontararak knew that she would positively, without a doubt, marry Song Yuqi if it’s the last thing she will ever do.

 

Over on the other side, Aisha and Yiren stand side-by-side while observing the lively crowd together. Aisha is holding a glass of champagne in one hand while her girlfriend is preoccupied with fiddling her huge camera around like an ambitious photographer. Taking pictures of anything and everything that caught her interest.

 

“Yoomie, look!”

 

Yiren all but snags Aisha’s shoulder and eagerly gesticulates at a particular duo from the distance. The abrupt tug has Aisha’s drink sloshing dangerously near the glass’ edge as she yelps in surprise. “I bet Yuqi-unnie and Minnie-unnie are dating!”

 

Aisha peers in the direction Yiren is not-so-subtly pointing at and sees that Yuqi has pulled the surprised but elated Minnie onto the dance floor with her, whom she merrily twirls around in an amateur recreation of the waltz. Minnie clearly has no idea what the Hell is going on, though it seems like she doesn’t care either as her face is practically glowing in delight.

 

“They’re really cute together, don’t you think?” Aisha turns to face Yiren, only to find her candidly snapping photos of the carefree duo without them realizing. She can tell by the mischievous smirk playing on Yiren’s lips that her sneaky girlfriend is up to no good, as per usual.

 

“Let me guess… Future blackmail against your cousin?”

 

The conspiratorial tone in the younger Chinese girl’s voice was already a dead giveaway. “Hell yeah!”

 

Rolling her eyes fondly, Aisha just kisses the side of Yiren’s head and simply lets her be while sipping her champagne like some sort of aristocrat.

 

Elsewhere, the newlyweds sat and watched in companionable silence with their hands comfortably intertwined atop the silk-white tablecloth at the center of the dining space. Their gold wedding bands shine under the hanging pendant lights with a proud gleam as they take in the scene of Yuqi and Minnie enjoying themselves to their hearts’ content. Smiling and laughing with each other as they twirled around to Troy and Gabriella singing a prom song through the speakers. Aisha has her arm around Yiren’s shoulders and is also watching the pair quietly as the other girl resumes her impromptu paparazzi shoot like Dispatch to an alleged idol couple.

 

Miyeon cuddles further into her wife’s side. “Hey, Shu-Shu?” Said girl hums in attention. “Do you think those two are dating?”

 

“Mm, I guess so.” Shuhua nonchalantly shrugs before tugging the beauty closer to her. “That doesn’t scream ‘platonic love’ to me, or maybe Yuqi is just terrible at hiding her affections for Minnie-unnie.”

 

Well, she does have a point. Yuqi is essentially the walking equivalent of a neon sign blaring “I LOVE MINNIE NICHA” in big, bold letters as loud as her voice. Which sure makes a funny imagery to think about.

 

Miyeon sends a knowing glance in their friends’ direction, then smiles back at Shuhua. “Don’t sell her short, babe. Yuqi is a lot more capable than she lets on. Minnie isn’t any better.”

 

Of course, Shuhua knows that very well. But she doesn’t get the chance to say so because the dance music fades out and is replaced by the opening notes of a ballad song that Shuhua is more than familiar with. She gets up to her feet before offering her hand out to Miyeon as an invitation.

 

“It’s our song, love. May I have this dance?”

 

 

Soojin comes up to her wife’s side and rests a hand on her shoulder. “Look at them, Soyeonnie. They look so happy together.”

 

Soyeon just stared on without a word, seeing her unnie content in the arms of their maknae whom she had watched grow into the strong, independent woman that Soyeon both admires and respects. Miyeon then chooses that time to lean over and whisper something into Shuhua’s ear before she slants Soyeon a taunting look. Shuhua lets loose a breezy laugh and sneaks a cautious glimpse at her overprotective unnie. When she spots her glaring sternly at them, the Taiwanese hides her face in the crook of Miyeon’s neck and continues laughing against her skin.

 

“I wonder what they’re talking about.” Soojin cants her head to the side in mild curiosity.

 

Soyeon gives the couple her best menacing glare and grumbles. “Kids these days… No respect.”

 

“Honey, you’re not much older than Shuhua. And Miyeon-unnie is still your unnie.”

 

“They act like kids sometimes, you know. Plus, we’ve already established that we’re the parent-friends of the group.” Soyeon taps her foot restlessly for no other reason than to distract herself from marching over there and demanding to know what Miyeon had whispered to Shuhua. “I think we’ve raised a bunch of rebellious children.”

 

“Maybe you’d be more intimidating if you added a few extra inches to your height.” Soojin teased while nudging her partner in the side.

 

Soyeon just smirked at her. “Who do you think you’re kidding, dear? You absolutely love my height.”

 

No one else but the wife of Jeon Soyeon is aware of the hidden meanings behind her words, and Jeon Soojin understands exactly what the shorter woman is pertaining to because of how she’s blushing profusely.

 

“Alright, fine. You caught me.” Soojin grinned. She gives her a sweet kiss on the mouth and giggles when Soyeon dives back in for a longer, much intimate one so she can steal another taste of Soojin’s cherry-flavored lips. The vixen hooks an arm around Soyeon’s neck, taps her wife’s nose with a finger and tutted. “We’re still in public, Soyeonnie. Save the rest of this for later, hm?”

 

Soyeon was about to answer Soojin until her sharp eyes locked onto a table nearby.

 

“Yo, Jin-Jin. I think Minnie-unnie is going to…”

 

After tapping out early to take a short breather from her continuous dancing with Yuqi, Minnie is sitting alone with her elbow propped on the tabletop and her chin resting lazily in her hand. Her purple-tinged hair is an aesthetic mess despite its tangles, and her half-lidded eyes are fixated dreamily on Yuqi’s animated form vibing across the room. Somehow, Minnie can't seem to tear her gaze away no matter how much she tries. (Not that she really did, to be honest.)

 

Then Minnie accepts that she doesn't want to and decides to make her move.

 

Smacking her palm down with finality, Minnie springs out of her chair and strides towards Yuqi in fast, determined steps. Her wedged heels clack harshly along the laminate dance floor, loud enough to grab the younger’s attention as she whips around and sees the elder marching up purposefully.

 

Yuqi gulps down the nervous lump in when Minnie stops just mere inches before her, but her wandering eyes train scandalously low thanks to the Thai’s satin dress clinging nicely to her curves.

 

Has the room temperature gone up? Can someone switch on the AC? Maybe open some windows, at least?

 

“M-Minnie-unnie?” Yuqi stutters in shock.

 

“Song Yuqi, I’d like to dance with you. Now.” Minnie, more or less, demands the stunned girl.

 

“But, didn’t we already…?”

 

“I want this one to be different.” She insists rather impatiently, referring to the slowed music of girl in red’s “we fell in love in october” taking over the general ambiance and the fact that everyone else surrounding them are couples like Miyeon and Shuhua. And, well… aren’t they considered one too?

 

The smoldering look Minnie is giving her makes Yuqi want to squirm or run for the hills. Maybe both. “Are you sure, unnie?” She nervously glances around. “I mean—”

 

Minnie cuts her off by yanking her stupid bowtie, pulling Yuqi towards her so she can crash their lips together in an all-too-heated kiss that leaves no room for Jesus. She doesn’t so much as hesitate to slide her tongue inside Yuqi’s warm and willing mouth when the latter gasps at her ferocity. Bewildered, yet incredibly pleased all the same. Indeed, Minnie isn’t holding back anymore. And, by God, Yuqi loves it when Minnie gets this assertive and bold with her.

 

By the time Minnie releases her, they’re both breathing heavily for air with flushed cheeks and hooded eyes as the Han girl wears a dazed but exhilarated smile on her reddening face.

 

“Sweetie, I don’t care if they find out anymore. I’m not waiting another damn minute.” Minnie whispered hotly against her plush lips. “Now dance with me.”

 

Yuqi nods a little too eagerly than she would in a less clouded mind-state and allows herself to get whisked away in Minnie’s possessive arms. She gleefully ignores the various whistles from the many onlookers as Minnie draws her in for another searing kiss that has Yiren screaming “Blackmail!” in the background like she just hit the jackpot of the night, followed by Aisha sighing “Jagi, please calm down” as she attempts to pacify her hyperactive girlfriend from outright destroying the moment with blinding camera flashes.

 

Miyeon’s jaw hangs open at the audacious display. Because, wow, that went from 0 to 100 real quick.

 

“You’re gonna catch flies, unnie.” Shuhua jokes while closing her wife’s mouth with two fingers pressed gently under her chin.

 

“I’m just really surprised, that’s all…” Miyeon spoke carefully, still trying to comprehend the unexpected events that had just transpired within minutes. She called it, sure, but witnessing it unfold before her very eyes was a different thing. She’s happy for them, though.

 

“They’ve probably been at it for weeks. Maybe months even.” Shuhua shrugs, eyeing Yuqi’s hand as it travels down to rest on the small of Minnie’s back whilst the Thai’s hands have ventured up to entangle themselves in her unruly, blond mane. “They’re seriously going for it, huh?”

 

“Apparently so.”

 

She feels Miyeon slipping into her arms and looks back to find her snuggling up to her front, leading their dance at her own pace since Shuhua is distracted. The young girl doesn’t mind at all and simply holds her close as Miyeon smiles contentedly. A blush then spreads across the Korean’s cheeks when Shuhua nuzzles a loving kiss to the side of her head, which spurs Miyeon to tuck her face in the junction between her wife’s neck and shoulder as if to suppress it. The short but endearing gesture made her heart soar, and Miyeon feels like she’s falling in love all over again.

 

Look at what you’re doing to me, Yeh Shuhua…

 

“You know,” Shuhua begins. “We could always out-do their little show.” She slyly suggests, referring to the passionate moment between Minnie and Yuqi.

 

Miyeon is completely owl-eyed as she moves back slightly to face her. “Right here? On the dance floor? Now?”

 

“Why not?” Shuhua responds with a challenging quirk of her brow. Goodness, this pabo…

 

For a while, Miyeon gazes into those sparkling dark irises as if assessing whether or not Shuhua was being serious. But she ultimately breaks into a fit of mellifluous laughter that never fails to have Shuhua beaming in reaction. Miyeon’s crystalline voice is something Shuhua has the pleasure of hearing for the rest of her life, and that itself is a blessing already.

 

Her expression softens when the older girl stares at Shuhua like she was the center of her universe, and the rest of the world fades around them so they can only focus on each other. Gravitating on their axis like planets drawn to the sun.

 

Cupping Shuhua’s face in her dainty hands, Miyeon caresses those soft, pinchable cheeks with her thumbs as she leans forward to capture Shuhua’s sweet lips in a slow, tender kiss. Relishing in the shape and feel that comes with Shuhua reciprocating it as her eyelids flutter shut so she can indulge in their intimacy. Miyeon can feel Shuhua’s arms circling her waist as the Taiwanese tilts her head to angle their kiss better, and her heart feels like it’s going to implode from how fast it’s racing when her wife smiles shyly against . But as she gains confidence bit by bit, Shuhua deepens their embrace and Miyeon catches herself relaxing more into the warm contact that always made her feel safe and secured. But most of all, loved.

 

Miyeon can’t help the pout that overtakes her expression once Shuhua breaks it off, but the younger easily wipes it off by kissing her lips one more time—enrapturing and infinitely affectionate—before retracting again so she can grin at the adorable eye-smile that’s full of pure happiness.

 

With their foreheads resting together, Miyeon lets her fingertips trail along the sides of Shuhua’s neck in feather-light as they gingerly brush against her porcelain skin.

 

“I love you so much, Shu-Shu…” She whispered ever so softly, her voice dripping with every ounce of sincerity to last an entire lifetime.

 

Shuhua utters a quiet chuckle and replies in a genuine susurration of the same earnest tone.

 

“I love you too, Miyeonnie. More than you can ever imagine.”

 

Everything is perfect.