Chapter 1

Her knight in shining armour
The day seemed to drag on. It was raining but that didn't stop anything. The knights still stood at the castle walls, the maids still went outside to pick fruit from the tree and the Queen still sat in her room. It wasn't often that she would leave the castle on a day like this but maybe, just maybe if she had a good enough reason.  
 
Tzuyu woke at 4 am as she does every day. She dressed herself and quietly slipped out of her room to make her way to the gym as she always did. It wasn't much of a gym but it had equipment for strength training and she always pushed her self to be better despite being the best knight in the entire kingdom.
 
She trained harder than everyone and forced herself to do it on little or no sleep. It was what she had adapted to. It was her lifestyle. She was always the first knight standing on watch, her position was at the main doors of the castle as that would be the part that needed the most protection and only the best knights stood there. Two more knights we're spaced equidistant away from her but still, her gaze held at the main gates; watching and waiting. 
 

The rain pelleted off the roof and it's noise echoes throughout the entire room. It woke the queen earlier than planned. She pulled the silk sheets off, pulled on her night gown and slipped on her slippers to start her morning routine. She had just finished washing her face and she was brushing her hair when there was a familiar knock on the door but she didn't need to answer it because the same raven-haired girl walked through every morning. 


"Is there anything I could get you, your majesty?" She asked with a pleasant smile. "Nayeon we've been friends since we were children, drop the formalities please." Sana said with a chuckle, shaking her head at the nonsense but it was true.  

Nayeon was so caring and nurturing. She was Sana’s best friend for as long as she could remember, meeting as children. She never really was Sana’s maid, Sana only called her that because she had no where else to live. She had run away from her parents and showed up one day at the castle, Sana easily taking her in and telling her to walk around like a maid all day, but she was treated much better then her occupation would allow.

"My father is coming over today," Nayeon instinctively walked over to her, setting the book that was once in her hands onto the bed to help tie her corset. "I know I won't like this one either. I heard he's quite a sponge for alcohol," Nayeon gave her a chuckle before pulling one of her gown's out of the extravagant wardrobe. "I am a queen and I shall not be seen with a prince not fit for a king." she rolled her eyes and her gaze met the book on the bed. 


"Why in God's name do you read those ridiculous fairy tale stories? None of them are true." She slipped on her shoes before grabbing the book and walking out the door. "We have a library bigger than ever and half the kingdom can't even read, take advantage of it, dear." The book was tossed back into Nayeon's arms. She knew Sana wouldn't be in a good mood because of her parents still forcing suitors onto her. 

When they walked down the long corridor to the main hall they were greeted with a dull light as the giant wooden doors opened to reveal her parents and a Knight escorting them. The knight bowed to Sana and stood respectively away from her. "Where is he?" Sana shifted her balance to one leg and rested a hand on her hip. "He seems to be running late. Fix yourself up, you're a queen, not a commoner" she rolled her eyes and began to walk back to her lounge room, the four others hot on her heels. 


Tzuyu stood by the door and watched as Sana and her parents argued on the couch. A knock sounded through the room and Tzuyu opened the door to reveal the suitor that has finally arrived. "Ah-ha, so this is the queen I've heard about. You're even ier in person," the smell of alcohol stung their noses and the rumours Sana had heard we're instantly confirmed. 

His obnoxious personality could be accustomed to his drunkenness but Sana thought he was the worse suitor she'd ever gotten. "How would you like to come back to my castle and we could make a few princes or princesses?" He started to twirl her hair but Sana was having none of it. She stood up and pushed him off her but he tried to touch her again. Tzuyu saw red and pulled the guy back by his shoulders. In turn, he pushed her back. 


"I am a king you will never do such thing as touch me you disrespect me and I'll have your head cut off in a second." He spat. "Leave. She clearly doesn't like you now go" he moved to punch her but Tzuyu grabbed his fist and twisted it around his back. The king and queen were astonished at her behaviour and thought that it was barbaric as she walked him out of the room. 


“That outrageous behaviour will not be tolerated in this castle," her father yelled as Tzuyu walked back into the room. "You get your things and go." Tzuyu's features softened. She thought that she was doing the right thing; protecting her queen like the oath she took stated. "This is my castle. It is not yours anymore. I make the decisions around here and I choose that she stays." her father tried to argue but his wife was quick to quiet him and pushed him out of the room. Tzuyu went to follow but Sana pulled her back. 


"Thank you for that, I feared that my parents were going to force me to choose him seems I rejected every other suitor." Tzuyu couldn't help the smile that appeared on her face. "It was my pleasure." She got down on one knee to bow respectively but Sana pulled her up. "Please, I should be bowing to you." 

"It was nothing. He was being disrespectful and I needed to serve and protect." She put her hand on her heart and Sana matched her smile. "May I ask, what is your name?" She asked. "Tzuyu. Chou Tzuyu" her smile widened at the familiar name. "The one and only. So the best knight in the kingdom came to save me, what are you? My knight in shining armour?" Tzuyu couldn't help but blush. They shared a comfortable moment of silence gazing into each other's eyes. "I shall let you get back to your duties now." Tzuyu bowed without breaking the eye contact. 

 

Later that evening the fire roared as Sana told Nayeon all about what had happened. Nayeon claimed that she was in love but then Sana sent her back to her own room but while she lay in bed and looked up at the ceiling she couldn't help the butterflies in her stomach remembering her name. Chou Tzuyu. Maybe the next day she would have a reason to go outside