Chapter 3.

Too shy to say goodbye
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The muffled sounds of footsteps.
The hot sun caressing your skin.
The tingling sensation of your fingers.

Well, you were alive.
At least it seemed like so.

You took a deep breath and you felt pain in your ribs, some of them were probably broken.
You started opening your eyes, or at least you tried. The sun that was shining through the windows blinded you almost immediately, making you grunt.

But then the sun stopped shining.

Well.. it looked like so because someone stood in front of the window, allowing you to open your eyes and finally look at where you were.
As expected you were in a hospital room.
You looked around, watching the empty walls and the bed next to you.
It was all white, perfectly clean.
Suddenly you remembered that someone was there.
So you turned to look at the person who had been there for a good 45 minutes at least since you started waking up, and there he was.
He was wearing a nice light blue shirt, it suited him very well.
His hair was short.. shorter than you remembered, his eyes big and dark as the last time you saw him at the pub, with that girl.

Ah yea, that girl.

Breaking the eye contact, you tried to talk but your mouth was extremely dry and you manage just to cough, making your ribs hurts even more.
He immediately walked to the other part of the room, grabbing a bottle of water and opening it or you, he was that Kyungsoo again. Not the one who disappeared.

Strangely, that place didn’t smell like a hospital room at all, there was a nice perfume in your room and it wasn’t his.
His perfume was definitely stronger and way more addictive.

Looking around to search for the source of that smell you noticed, there were a bunch of yellow flowers next to your bed with a small card on them.
You tried to stand up to get them, but he stopped you and made you lie down again.
“You broke your hips, 3 ribs and hit your head really bad… please just lie down and tell me if you need anything”

You managed just to mumble “flowers” and he took them to give them to you, his big hand gently touched yours and his warm skin awaked you completely.

The flowers were from Naeun and Jimin.
They must have been so worried, you thought and so you looked for your phone to text them you were ok.

But his deep voice caught your attention again:
“I just texted them you got up… they’re probably on their way… your phone…”
He looked down almost ashamed and turned to get back to the armchair where he probably stayed, but for how long?
How long have you been sleeping?

“How..long? I…  have a test…”
He looked at you with sweet eyes, on the verge of tears.
He run his hand through his hair like that day, the day you kissed that seemed so far away.

Why?
Why was he there after ignoring you?
Was it just because he felt guilty?

He probably read everything you were thinking on your face because he immediately stood up and almost run to you like he was afraid of your reaction.

“I.. Please listen to what I have to say ok? Just don’t… don’t shut me out for what happened… I can explain everything to you”

In that moment, when he his tears almost escaped from his eyes, when his hands were looking for yours and his lips were trembling, the door opened.
Jimin and Naeun already crying entered the room and he moved away, you looked at him taking his coat and leave the room while the girls hugged you happily.

And once again he was gone.

The girls told you how they brought you to the hospital, the operation you had to go through for your hips that were shattered into millions of pieces.
It’s been over a week, they said.

He has been with you for over a week, sleeping in that armchair while waiting for you to wake up.
He didn’t go to work, he ate there and slept there with you.
You noticed the books, the blanket and pillow.
You noticed the toothbrush in the small bathroom and his bag with

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter