Wonwoo: Plans

Mirror, Mirror
Please log in to read the full chapter

Wonwoo examined the mess seated across from him at his kitchen table with a certain amount of disdain. This was definitely his body, no doubt. But he had never seen himself in such a terrible state before.

The man's face was swollen after crying and he was wolfing down the food Wonwoo's maid had cooked; sauce was smeared around his mouth, some splatters even reaching his cheeks. His body was dressed in the same worn-out, baggy clothes Wonwoo had woken up in while his curly hair was unstyled and hung in his face.

Wonwoo's gaze darkened the longer he looked. He couldn't remember the last time he had cried - and the person in front of him certainly served as a good reminder to not cry in the future either.

What an unsightly guy.

"Thish' sho good!" the man in his body, Mingyu, praised through a mouth full of food. The food Wonwoo's maid had prepared for him, Wonwoo. Not for Kim Mingyu.

He hated to share his stuff.

And the way Mingyu was eating made his fists tighten in his lap.

"Stop jabbering and eat," Wonwoo said coldly but what he really meant was: Stop slobbering all over my table, you imbecile.

The person in his body looked up from his meal and Wonwoo's eye twitched when the sauce on Mingyu's cheeks glistened in the kitchen lights. His mother would throw a fit if she could see the state of his body now.

The messy, swollen face in front of him reddened; apparently his tone hadn't been as neutral as he had intended.

"Never mind," he said before Mingyu could open his mouth and dirty his table even more. "I'll wait in the living room."

He wouldn't be able to stomach anything while looking at the guy in front of him anyway.

 

It only took about ten minutes until Mingyu followed him.

The fist thing Wonwoo noticed when he looked up from his phone was that Mingyu had washed his face. It wasn't smeared with sauce anymore and even the swelling had somewhat gone down. It also was less blotchy although the eyes were still a little red. All in all, he looked a lot more like a human being now.

The second thing Wonwoo noticed was Mingyu's overall impression. He had gotten caught off-guard by the unexpected appearance of his body earlier but now, when Mingyu walked into the living room, it became painfully obvious. Even in Wonwoo's body, the way Mingyu was slouching and pulling up his shoulders made him look timid and somewhat pitiful. Despite hiding behind Wonwoo's cold features and fit body, he still gave off the impression of a puppy that had been beaten.

Wonwoo stared him down from his seat on the couch, his face not betraying his thoughts: If his mother could see Mingyu right now, she would never stop lecturing him. Maybe she would even get someone to beat some sense into him.

But that wasn't any of his concern. He wasn't Jeon Wonwoo anymore; he had a new body now, a new identity. He could do whatever he wanted.

One corner of his lips lifted into a lopsided smirk and Mingyu fidgeted at the sight. He looked anxious, Wonwoo noted, more scared than confused. Unlike himself, he probably wasn't happy about switching bodies.

Well, it made sense. An ordinary person wouldn't be happy about having to give up their body, their life and their loved ones.

But then again, Wonwoo had never been ordinary.

Being the potential heir to one of the biggest companies in South Korea might sound like a dream come true to some, like a bright future filled with wealth and influence but he knew better than anyone of the dangers lurking below the glittering surface. The pressure from his parents. The schemes of his siblings. The threats from rivals and other opportunists. The greed of the people surrounding him.

Jeon Wonwoo trusted no one because he had learned early on that he would get backstabbed once he opened his heart.

But now a golden opportunity had arisen to escape the madness once and for all.

Wonwoo nodded towards the space next to him on the couch, his cold mask firmly in place. He wouldn't let this opportunity go to waste but he could at least give Mingyu some pointers so that he wouldn't blow his cover directly on the first day.

Visibly intimidated, Mingyu sat down next to him, his hands fiddling with the hem of his shirt. The unruly curls

Please log in to read the full chapter