It

Boyfriend?

 


 

The following days after that felt like a dream to you. Wonwoo took his pursuing way too seriously. You had no idea he was capable of being this sweet. Almost every single day, he would give you tiny gifts ranging from sweet little notes to single stalk flowers of different kinds to buying you your favorite snacks or drinks.

 

I was crazy. It’s all too overwhelming and even if he does it so frequently these days, you’re always still surprised. Your heart couldn’t seem to catch a break from him. It’s always in a constant swell, just overflowing with so much love for him that you don’t know where to put it anymore.

 

You didn’t want to boost your own ego either but you’ve honestly never seen Wonwoo this happy before. It just makes you fall deeper for him when you can feel and see how much he appreciates you, how much he loves you with every bit of himself.

 

When this week began, Wonwoo was extra clingy and affectionate with you. It was something he usually does when he gets stressed, you noticed. He just showers you with love and for the strangest reason, it would calm him down and keep him sane again.

 

This week is examination week. You all basically had to study a semester’s worth of vague lessons because of your professors who almost never show up so you understood where his stress was coming from. Not to mention, although Wonwoo may seem like an intimidating person who looked like absolute trouble, he’s actually a huge nerd and is immensely grade conscious.

 

“Do you need to tie your hair?” Wonwoo finally asked after watching you struggle with your hair for a few minutes because of the strong wind tossing it around. You, Wonwoo and Mingyu were studying out in the courtyard today. Since it is an exam week, the library was packed. 

 

The coffee shops near your university weren’t any better either. The courtyard was probably the only option left but you didn’t mind. You do want some fresh air anyways. You hummed at him distractedly as you continued reading your textbook.

 

Chuckling, Wonwoo took the hair tie he always had on his wrist for you and asked you if you could turn around for him. You were still busy trying to make sense of what you were reading so he had to turn you around himself with his hands on your shoulders.

 

Wonwoo combed his fingers through your soft hair, gathering it up into a ponytail. It was only when he was done tying your hair up that you realized what he just did for you, making your ears and cheeks turn crimson. You shyly mumbled out a thank you and in turn, Wonwoo smiled sweetly at you.

 

Mingyu, who was quietly watching the whole exchange with a judging look on his face, groaned. “Oh god! Why did I agree to study with you guys again?” he grumbled, crossing his arms like a kid throwing a tantrum. You quickly shot him a glare and kicked his foot under the table. “What’s wrong with you now, Kim Mingyu? Why the are you being the most annoying person in the world right now?!”

 

The tall male only rolled his eyes at you. You two had been bickering ever since you met up to study together. You had no idea why but he was just getting in your nerves today. He went back to writing on his notebook, raising his eyebrow as he said, “You sure you’re not together yet? You’re being horribly sweet and cheesy with each other. It’s really making me sick.”

 

You continued to glare at him while Wonwoo just laughed. He scrunched his nose at you and replied with, “Not yet, Mingyu. I’m not yet done courting her.” The giant abruptly stopped writing, looking up from his notebook to give Wonwoo an ‘are-you-ing-serious?’ look. He scoffed and began to laugh at his friend. “The ? Why?”

 

Wonwoo turned to you then, grabbing a hold of your hand that was resting on the table. The boy’s dazzling smile distracted you from shooting lazers at Mingyu with your eyes. The moment you turned to him, your heart started to do crazy backflips inside your chest. He searched your entire face for a moment. Then, he gave his attention back to Mingyu.

 

“If you love someone…” he breathed out, gently caressing the back of your hand with his thumb. “As in really love someone then you’ll do everything to make that person yours.” Just then, he locked eyes with you.  “I’ll pursue you every single day like today, tomorrow or the next is my last on this earth. Just so I can prove to you, just so I can show you how much of my heart you already own, how much I love you.”

 

You had to look away for a moment because it was way too much for your poor heart to handle. You’re not sure how she was doing inside your ribcage. The little organ was a puddle of goo right now and yet, it was still beating wildly in there.

 

Wonwoo was really something else and he was driving you ing crazy saying things like that so randomly. You were kind of embarrassed that Mingyu had to hear all those cheesy things but also quite impressed that he’s so vocal and transparent about his feelings for you.

 

He was chuckling at your flustered reaction and probably at the fact that you were beet red right now. He continued to caress the back of your hand, gazing at you warmly and affectionately. When you finally had enough courage to look at him again, you found yourself melting even more at the the way he looked and smiled at you.

 

No matter how hard you bit your lip, you couldn’t help but smile back albeit bashfully. Mingyu was beyond disgusted by the sight in front of him and by what he just heard. Although he most definitely didn’t mind if you two dated, it was still so foreign to him. He thinks he may need a little more time to get used to it. It’s just… He’s never seen Wonwoo so… whipped before.

 

He jokingly made barfing noises which made you two snap your heads to look at him. “Ya know what? Maybe I should just leave you two here and go study by myself. I can’t ing take it anymore!” Mingyu quickly kept his things and shot up his seat, walking away grumbling to himself. You were glaring intensely at his retreating figure, burning holes through his back when you heard Wonwoo laughing.

 

You turned to him, feeling your heart flutter at the sound of his deep laughter ringing so beautifully in the air. The corners of your lips gradually turned upwards and you ended up laughing too. “Good riddance!” he so cutely said with a scrunch of his nose. He was so adorable. You wanted to squish his cheeks together and pepper him with kisses all over his face.

 

“So then I can do this!” Without warning, Wonwoo suddenly grabbed your cheeks and smothered the right side of your face with tiny kisses. You yelped and giggled at his attack of affection. “Wonwoo! What are you doing?” you said in between your laughter. He only grinned widely at you as he began to search your eyes, his thumbs drawing circles on your cheeks.

 

“Just giving you more strength before you go back to studying. I know you’ve been reading the same thing over and over again. You haven’t turned your page in a while.” As he let you go, you raised an unimpressed eyebrow at him and chuckled. “And what makes you think a kiss from you would give me strength?”

 

Wonwoo tilted his head at you. “Why? Doesn’t it?” You scoffed when you saw his lips lift at one corner into a very cocky yet also very attractive smirk. You pushed his face away jokingly. “Whatever, Jeon Wonwoo! Let’s just continue studying,” you replied instead, drawing your attention back to your book.

 

You were starting to read again but then you noticed Wonwoo still facing you and staring at you in your peripheral vision. You pouted. “What? Aren’t you going to—” You were interrupted by a kiss on the side of your lips. It was so close that you swore your heart skipped several beats for a moment. Your eyes widened a tiny bit and you froze.

 

Wonwoo’s face was still close to yours. You can feel his breath fanning your cheek. “You don’t know how badly I want to kiss your lips right now…” he whispered, sending shivers down your spine.  Then, he pulled away and went back to studying as if he didn’t just say something that made your mind go haywire. You stayed frozen for a few seconds more, your jaw slightly dropped.

 

It took you quite a while to pull yourself together but when you were finally back to your senses, all you were able to do is let out an awkward cough. You ducked your head to resume studying but you somehow couldn’t control yourself from glancing his way.

 

He felt your eyes on him so he decided to turn to you briefly and shoot you an insanely handsome wink. You gulped, feeling your heartbeat pick up its pace for the nth time that day because of him. “Wonwoo and his effect on me really…” you mumbled under your breath, mentally slapping yourself to focus on your studying.

 

 

Wonwoo had just finished his brain damaging exam for today. He should be relieved that the dreadful exam was over but he can’t help feeling a little annoyed with himself. He thought he wouldn’t struggle as much with it considering how hard he studied but his professor apparently feeds off of his students suffering.

 

He included some things he’s sure was not discussed at all and came out of practically nowhere. But it’s over now. All he could do now was sigh and let it go.  Besides, what he really should be concerning himself with right now is the fact that he’ll be able to spend time with you for the rest of the day today. The mere thought of it brightened up his mood.

 

He embarrassingly had a small hop in his step when he walked down the hall. He quickly fished his phone out from his back pocket, just about ready to message you when your name appeared on his screen. The widest and shamefully goofiest of smiles graced his lips before he actually accepted your call.

 

“He—”

“Won!!!”

“Yeah? Are you okay? You sound—”

“THERE’S AN EMERGENCY!!!!”

“A WHAT?!

WHAT THE ?!

WHERE ARE YOU????”

“IN THE RESTROOM AT THE WEST BUILDING!

O-OH! BUT BEFORE YOU COME HERE, BRING YOUR BAG!!!!”

“HUH?!”

“PLEASE, WON!!! HURRY!!!” 

 

The moment you hung up, Wonwoo bolted for the restroom that he knew you always liked using.  It was quite far away from any classrooms and in an entirely different building so it was empty most of the time, if not all the time. His heart was pounding hard against his chest right now but it was out of nervousness and worry, not the usual kind that you made him feel.

 

The boy cursed under his breath, feeling the muscles of his legs slowly burn from his efforts. “Why does it have be so ing far, God dammit!” He nearly slipped and even bumped into a few people just to get to you as fast as he could. When he finally reached the blasted restroom, he was completely out of breath.

 

He only gave himself a few seconds to catch his breath though. The moment he felt slightly better, he barged into the girl’s bathroom without hesitation. He looked around and worriedly called out for you. When you heard his voice, you immediately poked your head out of the stall you were using. 

 

He then rushed over to you, panic written all over his face as he blurted out, “What happened? Are you hurt anywhere?” He was about to go in the stall to check for himself if you were okay but you lightly pushed him back and laughed awkwardly.

 

“W-Well, no. I’m not particularly hurt anywhere but uhm… Did you bring your bag?” You grinned up at him in a sheepish manner, automatically feeling bad because you can tell by the way he was breathing that he must’ve ran from his building all the way to this one. This was basically on the other side of campus.

 

 Wonwoo looked a tad bit disoriented by your question but he nodded his head in response anyway. “You still keep pads in there for me, right?” you shyly asked, nibbling on your lip slightly. He nodded again. “Yes, always. Why?” Despite looking beyond confused, he still took his bag off to fish out the pads he had in there.

 

You clasped your hands together, feeling beyond grateful for Jeon Wonwoo. You were thanking the heavens in your head as you exclaimed, “Thank goodness! I just got my period, like right ing now. I freaked out because I didn’t bring any with me.”

 

Wonwoo let out a huge sigh of relief when he heard that. He really thought you were in trouble for a second. “Thank you so much, Wonwoo! You’re the bestest boy!” You pulled him closer towards you when he handed you the pads.

 

You tiptoed a tiny bit to press a kiss to his cheek, giggling as you went back into the stall.  Still stunned, Wonwoo patted his chest. “Damn, she scared the outta me…” he muttered under his breath, walking out of the bathroom to wait for you outside.

 

 

“Hmm… so that’s why I was hating Mingyu’s guts today,” you wondered to yourself as you munched on the fries Wonwoo bought for you. You two ate outside for lunch today considering the cafeteria never really was your cup of tea. You had just finished eating and as per usual, your next destination was your apartment.

 

You two have been hanging out in your apartment a lot these days too. It almost seemed as though Wonwoo lived there with how often he sleeps over. The both of you had only one exam for today so you were basically free the entire afternoon. That is, if you don’t decide to study later on.

 

The moment you arrived, you two carelessly took your clothes off in front of each other and quickly changed into more comfortable clothing. “Oh, now she wears short!” Wonwoo scoffed, jokingly rolling his eyes at you which you just returned with a glare.

 

There wasn’t much of a conversation that happened as you two just ended up doing separate things, procrastinating and lazing around in your own ways. You were busy doing whatever on your phone, jumping from one app to another while he was on his laptop playing some games.

 

You were lying down on your stomach near the foot of your bed, both of your feet resting on your pillow. Wonwoo has his back against the headrest with his laptop on his lap. As he was playing, his left hand would occasionally rub and massage your calves whenever it was free.

 

That was basically the only interaction you two shared for over an hour. After a while, you got bored of your phone. You heaved a deep sigh and was about to put it aside to pester Wonwoo but then you got a text from Seokmin. You lit up almost instantly when you saw it. You haven’t talked to him in so long and you really missed him.

 

You were smiling idiotically at your phone, trying not to laugh too obnoxiously because of his stupid jokes. Wonwoo was wondering what was making you laugh so much so he put his laptop away for a moment and lied down next to you. He automatically wore a little grin on his face as he listened to you giggle. Your happiness was his happiness after all. 

 

He peeked over your shoulder, expecting to see a funny clip playing but when he saw that you were actually texting Seokmin, his mood immediately dampened. He rolled his eyes exaggeratedly and returned to his laptop to just continue playing his game.

 

You didn’t pay him any mind. He’s not even sure if you noticed him lie next to you a while ago. You were too preoccupied with your conversation with Seokmin. The guy tried his best to just ignore you and focus on his game instead since you were too busy anyways.

 

He tried. He really did but he just can’t concentrate with you giggling in the background, enjoying conversing with Seokmin way too much. He ended up groaning after losing for the nth time. He harshly shut his laptop and set it aside for good. He looked at you, scowling at how widely you were grinning at your phone screen.

 

He was lying next to you again, purposely keeping quiet as he waited for you to notice and give him at least a little bit of attention. He just stared at you and patiently waited for you to even just glance his way for a millisecond but it seemed like you really didn’t want to take your eyes off of your stupid phone.

 

It made him pout for some reason. He heaved a deep sigh, scooting much closer to you and cuddling up against you. He had his chin on your shoulder as he, so unfortunately, watched you text Seokmin. You only hummed, briefly patting his cheek before going back to texting again. Still, you didn’t even spare him a glance.

 

He kept quiet for a few more minutes until he simply couldn’t take it anymore and started to whine. He kissed your shoulder repeatedly and softly bumped his head with yours to get your attention but still, you wouldn’t budge. “Baby,” he whined once more, this time shaking your shoulder. You merely chuckled and cocked your eyebrow at him, though your eyes were still on the screen.

 

“Baby? Who says you can call me baby?” He would’ve been glad you’re actually talking to him now but hearing what you had to say just made him frown. “I can’t call you baby but Seokmin calls you love… that’s unfair…” He sounded a lot more serious than he thought he would. He didn’t mean to sound upset but he just couldn’t hide it.

 

He let out a soft sigh, pulling away from you. He’s jealous, very jealous. Although he knows he probably shouldn’t be, he can’t help it. “You’ve been having so much fun talking to him for the past couple of minutes that even if I’m right here, you’re ignoring me.”

 

At that, you finally stopped texting and put your phone down. You turned to look at him, almost immediately chuckling because of his cute pouty face. “Won, it’s only for a couple of minutes. I’m sorry if I ignored you but I haven’t seen Seokmin in several days now! I miss him a lot. I miss talking to him and seeing him.”

 

Wonwoo avoided your gaze. You saw his shoulders slump as he told you, “Fine… I’m sorry you’re with me right now instead of Seokmin.” He got up before you could even reply, walking away and slamming the door shut behind.

 

Automatically, the small smile on your lips faded. You blinked several times and began to feel bad. You thought that he was just joking around and being playful but… he really does seem upset about this. Not long after, you went out of your room and followed him.

 

The moment you saw him, sulking by the counter and pouting, the small smile you wore moments ago stretched at your lips again. When he noticed that you were coming towards him, he turned away with a little ‘humph.’ You bit your lower lip to try and hold in a giggle.

 

You were standing right next to him, leaning against the counter to look at his face but the little brat just turned around even more, this time even crossing his arms like a toddler. You weren’t able to control your laughter this time. The moment he heard it, he looked at you over his shoulder and shot you a glare. You shook your head affectionately. Why does it seem like he’s the one on his period right now?

 

Now being more serious, you grabbed the stool he was sitting on and swiveled it around so that he’s facing you. “Won,” you began, searching both his eyes. “It’s not like that okay? I love being with you. How could I not? But Seokmin’s my friend too. Of course, I’d miss spending time with him. That’s only normal.”

 

Wonwoo pressed his lips together in a thin line and stayed silent. He stared at your sincere yet pleading face for a moment, meaning to stay upset with you but the more he looked at you, the more he felt himself cave in. He sighed deeply and uncrossed his arms. His eyes were on the ground, his shoulder deflated. “I guess you’re right… I’m sorry too for getting jealous so easily…”

 

You let out a quiet chuckle and stepped closer to him. You combed your fingers through his soft hair and gently lifted his head up by the chin. “It’s just—” He refused to look at you. “I’m really… insecure about him, you know?  I almost lost you to him. Hearing you say that… kind of makes me doubt myself.” You softened almost immediately.

 

“Wonwoo-yah” you cooed as you squished his cheeks together.  You gave him a tight hug and fervently apologized. He became silent yet again but he at least returned your hug. His hug was even tighter than yours and although you felt like he was cutting your supply of oxygen, you didn’t complain.

 

When you both decided to pull away from each other, you instantly attacked him with tiny kisses at either sides of his cheeks, his nose, his eyes and even his jaw. You were feeling that guilty so you tried to compensate by sprinkling him with your affection.

 

As you’re showering him with your sweet kisses, Wonwoo broke into a love-struck and goofy grin. It was impossible for him to be upset with you for too long. He was holding onto your wrists, making you think that he wanted you to stop but he just pulled at them to make you put your hands around his neck.

 

“Damn it… I’m too weak for you. Alright, alright! You’re forgiven,” he grumbled, pretending to be annoyed despite him tucking you between his legs and wrapping his arms around your waist. You only giggled, peppering him with kisses again. “Maybe I should get jealous more often? So I get to be treated like this?” he commented, closing his eyes to savor your kisses.

 

You finally stopped, glaring at him. He merely scrunched his nose at you. You two fell silent after that, just searching each other’s eyes and getting lost in them. You both shared a shy but content smile. You lightly brushed his bangs off his forehead and planted a kiss there, something that he would often do to you and not the other way around.

 

This was the first time you’ve done this and Wonwoo was surprised at how good and heartwarming this small gesture actually felt. He let out a contented sigh. Warmth exploded at his chest and he just couldn’t contain his happiness. His heart was filled to the brim. He’s never felt like this before and he would never want to feel this way with anyone else. It’s all set. His heart, his soul, his entire being is all set on you.

 

You pulled away with your melodic giggling, your warm hands holding his face. You looked deeply into his orbs as you whispered, “Wonwoo-yah, I love you.” His eyes bugled out of their sockets and he choked on his own spit. It may seem like such an exaggerated reaction but hearing those three words from you meant everything to him. To finally hear that after quite a while of waiting really shook him.

 

He knew you loved him. You’ve already made it pretty clear before but he has never actually heard you say ‘I love you’ and mean it in a different type of way. An ear splitting grin started to stretch at his lips and his heartbeat doubled its speed. He shot up from his seat to engulf you in a big bear hug, lifting you up and swinging you around in celebration.

 

His tight hug muffled your amused laughter. “Oh my god! Put me down!” you told him, trying to escape at the same time laughing at how blissful he seemed. He pressed a fat kiss on your head before putting you down. He held onto both your hands, just about to make you say it again but you shrugged his hands off and cheekily ran away.

 

You giggled and squealed joyfully when you saw him run after you. “Hey! Baby, come back here! I just want to hear you say it again. Please? Just once, come on!” he yelled as he chased you around in your apartment. “I’m not your baby!” you yelled back teasingly and paused, much to your misfortune because then, Wonwoo caught you.

 

You both landed on your couch, laughing despite catching your breaths. Wonwoo pinned you down so that you couldn’t escape and repeatedly said, “Please?” He had a ridiculous pout on his face. When you kept shaking your head as a response, he whined. “Baby! Just one more time. One more and that’s it. I promise!” You teasingly stuck your tongue at him. “Nope!” You laughed.

 


 

| Author’s Note |

I honestly don't know how to feel about this update

I think it's kinda "meh" but at the same time... I think I made it too fluffy again? SLKSJDLKSLKDLK

LOL IDK but I hope I didn’t gross you guys out too much with this update XD

You could probably blame this on pink haired Wonu plus OTY Jakarta yesterday

He had good tension and was just being THE absolute best <333

Anyways, the next chapter will probably be the last one  

Thank you all for subbing and patiently waiting!

Feel free to send hate down in the comments because of this! I’m cool with threats LMAO xD