birthday kiss - mark & nayeon

Adoration ; one shots + drabbles

Title: Birthday Kiss
Genre: Romance, Fluff

"Kiss me, I'm the birthday boy.”

Nayeon looked up at the source of that ridiculous line and so did everyone else who were around.

“Are you out of your mind?”

That was Nayeon’s cold response to Mark’s absurd and weird question.

“I said, it’s my birthday so kiss me.”

Nayeon gave him a cold stare for a brief moment then stood up from the bench, grabbing her bag at the same time. She stopped in her tracks when she stood beside him then purposely bumped her shoulder hard against his, walking off like that. 

After watching Nayeon left, Bambam hurried to Mark’s side and gave him a whack on his back.

“You idiot—“ Bambam paused when Mark threw him a glare but decided to continue anyway. “That’s not the way to apologise!”

Mark sighed, the previous look of stubbornness completely gone as his shoulder dropped in defeat. 

“You know how stubborn she is.”

“As if you’re not.” Bambam muttered beside him which thankfully, Mark ignored. 

“If you want to get your birthday kiss, you better run after her.” Jeongyeon slowly walked to Mark’s other side. “I heard that Mingyu will be asking her out on her birthday. Rumours of both of you breaking up are spreading in school.”

“I’m going to shut those mouth up.”

And suddenly, Mark was all fired up again. 

“Jeongyeon,” Bambam stepped nearer to her as they both watched Mark headed towards where Nayeon had went to.  “You’re going to get Mingyu into trouble with those words. He wouldn’t dare to do that.”

“But all is well, isn’t it?”

Bambam said nothing and simply nodded his head.

Back to the couple...

Nayeon was kicking the wall repeatedly, muttering something that sounded like “Stupid Mark, stupid stupid stupid.”

Mark watched with an amused look from a short distance before he walked up to his girlfriend. 

“The wall did nothing wrong, you know.”

Nayeon stopped in her actions and turned her head to look at him, or rather, glared at him. She tried to walk away once again but this time, Mark was fast enough to grab her arm.

“Are you still mad at me?”

“No.”

“Liar.” Mark stepped closer to her and Nayeon had no choice but to take a step back.

“Why would I lie?”

“It’s written all over your face.” 

One step forward...

One step backward...

“I’m not mad.”

“Then give me my kiss.” 

Nayeon’s back hit against the wall.

Mark smirked as he stepped forward and bent down slightly so his face is right in front of Nayeon’s now.

“I’m sorry for saying your cake looked bad.” The playfulness in his voice was completely gone and replaced with it was gentleness. “You were trying your best for my birthday, weren’t you?”

Nayeon avoided his gaze but a slight pout was already forming on her lips. 

“I guess I’m just not good at cooking.”

“It’s okay though, I can teach you.” Mark smiled and gave Nayeon a gentle pat on her head, straightening his body again.

“Now, can I have my kiss?”

“Sure.” Nayeon shrugged and placed two fingers on her lips then on Mark’s. “There you go.” 

She then pushed Mark away and walked off with a playful grin plastered on her face. 

“HUH?” 


` just before the end of Mark's birthday in KST, this is a short drabble for the markyeon shippers if you're still here. hope you enjoyed it!