them - mark, nayeon, bambam, jaebum, jinyoung, jihyo, jeongyeon

Adoration ; one shots + drabbles

alternate universe kind of theme.


It was never supposed to turn out that way.

Ten years ago, when they first received their mission as naive little kids, they had came to this world thinking that they would be able to go back once it’s over. However, what the headquarters had failed to tell them was that it would be a long operation.

The longer they stayed, the more they found this world safe. There was no war, no weird technologies, no super powers, just a very simple world. To the seven of them, it was just a very strange but peaceful world.

Although they had always heard people say that a celebrity life isn’t normal, this is a world where they thought they could lead a normal one. 

And that’s their biggest mistake. 

They had been too relaxed here— small and short missions weren’t enough to wake them up from this dream— they had almost forgotten that the whole reason for them to be part of GOT7 and Twice was to get close to the enemy and to bring them back to their own world.


It was the end of year party which means every artiste in the company, whether active or not, were present. However, none of the seven could care less about how their secret would be exposed. Right there and then, they had more serious problem to handle.

A man was standing right by the door, holding a young boy not more than three years old by the back of his shirt. Everyone looked confused since this was a private party whereas for the seven of them, their eyes widened in shock.

“Hyuk!” 

Everyone else turned to them when they shouted at the same time.

“Papa! Mama!” Hyuk cried, his tears flowing uncontrollably down onto his already wet face.

“You ing bastard!” Mark was the one who reacted but Jaebum who was right beside him held him back. 

“Calm down.” Jaebum hissed, his grip on Mark’s arm tightened when he felt the older guy’s trying to push him off. 

“Listen Hyukkie,” Nayeon slowly stepped forward, her voice shaking slightly. But despite so, she couldn’t let her tears fall. If she did, her son would be more scared. “You’re a brave boy, you’re Mama and Papa’s brave boy. So don’t cry yeah?”

She managed to force a small smile onto her face as she stayed on the spot with Jeongyeon and Jihyo on both her side, both giving the young boy an assuring smile too.

“Hyuk ah, it’s okay.”

“Uncle Bambam.” Little Hyuk sniffled, his courage slowly coming back when he saw the faces of his parents and the uncles, aunties who loved him a lot. 

The room went completely silent as the scene unfold in front of them. They had all unconsciously took a step back when Mark had cursed. None of them had ever seen Mark that angry and even though they didn’t dare to bring it up among themselves, most of them thought they saw the man glowing for a short moment until Jaebum held him back.

“What do you want?” Jinyoung asked.

“All of you know too much. You thought you hid your secret well but while you’re looking for me, you left a lot trails too. Coming to this world had made you guys weak. And with this little brat,” He looked at the boy he’s carrying and laughed. “It will make things so much easier to destroy all of you…” There was a short pause before he continued.

“Angels.” 

Murmurs replaced the silence in the room. Jaebum and Jinyoung looked around; Jihyo and Jeongyeon shared a look, as for the other three, their gaze were still on Hyuk who stopped crying.

It wasn’t supposed to be like this. They were supposed to complete this mission then erase their existence in this world before going back to their own. 

Their secret identities weren’t supposed to be made known like that.

“And I see that the seven of you have people you cared about, very helpless human beings…” The man purposely trailed off then smirked. Before he even give them time to react, a dark glowing light formed in his hand which he then threw it towards the left and then another one to the other side.

The room went bright and when they opened their eyes, Jaebum and Jinyoung were standing in front of them, glowing with six broken wings spread out that formed a protective barrier. The barrier faded(so did their wings) when they’re sure everyone was safe which the both of them fell to one of their knees right after. 

That two attacks had taken a toll on their bodies.

“Jinyoung! Jaebum!” 

Even Mark and Nayeon had their attention on them for a while. Bambam, Jeongyeon and Jihyo had wanted to go to their side but both of them raised a hand.

“Uncle Jinyoung! Uncle Jaebum!” Hyuk started crying again as he watched his two uncles get hurt. “It’s because of me, I’m sorry I’m sorry!”

“We are fine, Hyukkie.” Jaebum coughed. “Don’t cry.”

“We are your strong uncles, remember?” Jinyoung muttered right after and smiled. “Trust us.”

Mark, Nayeon, Bambam, Jeongyeon and Jihyo watched as Yugyeom helped Jinyoung up and Sungjin with Jaebum. Knowing that the two of them would be alright for now, the five of them turned back to the man, the anger on their faces visible.

Loud gasps could be heard everywhere when the five of them started glowing like how Jaebum and Jinyoung did earlier. Three pairs of glowing wings spread out behind Bambam, Jeongyeon and Jihyo. But it wasn’t for long before they faded away into the air. Right when they faded, the crowd could see the four pairs of wings behind both Mark and Nayeon fading away too.

The man laughed loudly.

“After ten years of hiding this secret from this world, you exposed yourself way too easily. I’ve always heard that the seven of you are ruthless. I guess you’ve gotten soft.” The man smirked again. “Now I’m curious, what can the kid of two eight wings angel do?”

“You leave him alone!” Nayeon yelled and threw a white ball of light towards him. But because the man was still holding onto Hyuk, that was only a small percentage of her powers. The man deflected it easily, making sure it was going towards Jinyoung’s direction but Jeongyeon got to him on time and dissipated it.

Jihyo had gathered the crowd together and formed a protective barrier around everyone. Jaebum and Jinyoung were both forced into it by the two ladies too. They had also instructed(commanded) them to stay inside until their powers returned by 85%.

Mark and Bambam shared a knowing look while all these were happening.


Bambam had disappeared when they turned back to where Mark and Nayeon were. Both of them were sending their attacks towards the man who had a dark barrier up. For the normal people, they won’t be able to tell but for the four other angels, they know that the attacks were only 10% of what they usually would be which will never get through the barrier. 

Hyuk was also behind the barrier, so why were they still attacking?

Their question was answered when Bambam appeared once again from a portal from the roof. He used only a small attack which made the man released Hyuk. He then grabbed Hyuk and disappeared back into the portal and appeared back to where Mark and Nayeon were.

“Mama!” Hyuk cried and ran towards Nayeon, hugging her legs. She squatted down and hugged the young boy tightly. Bambam smiled when she looked up at him with a silent ‘thank you’.

Seeing that both mother and son were safe, Mark shifted his focus back onto the man. His barrier was lifted when Bambam attacked him. It was a small attack but quick enough for him to drop the barrier. Using the chance Bambam helped created, Mark glowed once more as another white ball formed in his hand. This time, it’s brighter and the room was shaking slightly.

Jeongyeon and Jihyo strengthened the barrier they created; Jaebum and Jinyoung stepped out from it and supported them. Bambam stood in front of Nayeon who had Hyuk protected in her arms.

Mark threw his attack at the man as bright light filled the room.

It took a while for the room to stop shaking and for it to be back to normal. When everyone else opened their eyes, the seven angels, along with Hyuk and the man, were gone.

As if nothing had happened.


` this just popped into my mind and i must write it out. am i going to explore it? probably not bc it sounds like a huge project like Inhumane. is it obvious i love the secret identities trope? this is an alternate universe kind of thing, our current world isn't the world these seven "angels" come from. they're here for a mission which i have no idea what it is. this is not so shippy, just me exploring superpower writing and bc i want markyeon to have a baby boy. HAHA

thoughts and comments are very welcomed! i just want to know if it's exciting. 

i made a poster just for this bc i don't think "Adoration" fits this theme LOL.

don't forget to follow me on instagram for more art! (@ddeokbxkki)