i hold your hand (we’ve been waiting for this moment)

all roads lead to you
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Summary: In which Joohyun turns into her cat form when she's scared. Of feelings. Seungwan-related feelings.

Tags: queendom mv au, fluff, super tiny angst, excessive use of transfiguration, howler idea stolen from harry potter

Title is from Queendom by RV.

A/N: i made this tweet last time about how i think the queendom mv could be an au where wendy and irene run a lost and found thing so they can use their witchy powers for good and well...i have a disease called self-prompting so here we are :)) it's kinda rushed, kinda weird, kinda meh, but i hope it's okay.

 

Joohyun is angry.
 

How could she not be?
 

She is standing in some random alley, the relentless rain clouding her vision as she stares at the crouched figure fussing over something covered by the dumpster. Her fists clench harder on her umbrella, knuckles turning white at the force of it.
 

Joohyun is ridiculously angry.
 

Steam all but rises from her ears, because what was Seungwan thinking?
 

In a storm like this, you either seek shelter or stay in the comfort of your home.
 

Joohyun’s first thought was to prepare for the worst: a possible flood in their headquarters when its route is direct to the drainage. She had also advised everyone still working to look out for the usual warning signs of an impending flood. Realizing that the only one she hadn’t talked to was Seungwan, Seungwan, the only one who can rival Joohyun in terms of staying late in the office. She had looked for her everywhere, teleporting into every room which had only yielded her shrieks of surprise. Then she found Seulgi midway at a bite of her pizza, and she was the one who informed her that Seungwan had gone out to get donuts.
 

Donuts.
 

That giant box of donuts lies forgotten on the soaking floor next to Seungwan while she continues to coo at something Joohyun can’t see.
 

And Joohyun is so, so angry, open to finally yell at her idiot of a best friend, because she’s to blame for her fury and her soaked shoes, because Seungwan is everything to her and—
 

Lightning flashes and hits the pavement a mile too near for comfort, Joohyun’s world lights up and her mind blanks at her last thought.
 

She’s not angry.
 

She’s worried.
 

The thunder cracks thereafter, and Joohyun’s yelp is automatic. But it does the job, and Seungwan whips her head around at the sound—not of thunder, but of her—eyes widening at the sight of Joohyun staring at her in what probably seems like fear.
 

Seungwan immediately stands, balancing her umbrella so she can cradle what Joohyun now sees is a shivering white cat, eyes far too human in the way it stares at Joohyun with all the suspicion in the world.
 

In a few seconds Seungwan is in front of her, eyes flitting around to take her in. “Unnie, what are you doing here? Are you okay?”
 

Joohyun wants to laugh. Or scream. Or k—
 

She takes a step back at the thought. The cat meows at her in question.
 

Joohyun wishes she knew the answer.

 

***

 

Joohyun is avoiding Seungwan.
 

She finally admits it to herself once she’s crawled through the giant pink pipe in their kitchen in her cat form upon hearing Seungwan’s laugh from the living room.
 

It’s a safe space, this pipe. It’s actually quite cozy. And moist. And ew, is that a wad of hair?
 

It’s a safer space in her office, under her office desk with the plush carpet warm and soft beneath her. Until Seungwan opens the door, her boots the only thing Joohyun can see from her position.
 

Seungwan stands there for a whole minute, and Joohyun is panicking, claws extending in reflex, but

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter