Epilogue

Relapse

Epilogue

 

 

Wonyoung sits in her bed. She thinks to herself: “If only I didn’t get closer than was necessary, didn’t get to know her, didn’t become her friend, didn’t fall in love. I would not need to do a painful farewell.

Her cartoons comfort her: “How lucky am I to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard” said Winnie the Pooh from the TV.

She rose from her bed with a sad smile on her face. Her eyes are stained but tearless, startled and determined.

She entered the operating room like a rose shedding its petals all at once.

 

 

 

I Love You, Ahn Yujin”

 

 

 

Yujin is standing at Namsan Tower, 2 envelopes clutched to her heart.

 

Dear Ahn Yujin,

My journey was filled with so many precious memories.

I was happy because we were in this together. We were happy to do this together.

I hope you remember every moment spent together. Will you forget me?

I’m rooting for your fabulous new beginning. Spread your wings for your dreams!

I am always next to you. I will always be with you.

When we became one, all eyes were on us.

I Love You Ahn Yujin.

 

P.S. I’ve enclosed some of our most precious memories. The last one is my favourite. The one where our love debuted, and we promised to stay with each other forever. I’m sorry I broke my promise

 

Yujin stood at Namsan tower, holding hands with a ghost. They looked at the city below them—a symbiote of beautiful colours. They looked at their city which is home to all their shared memories.

They now faced each other. They’re both smiling. Two angels, sparkling like a starry sky in the winter. Their eyes look like they embrace the stars. When they look into each other’s eyes, it feels like they’re walking on a beach in a night sky blanketed by stars.

She noticed how the clouds cracked slightly, a hopeful orange sunlight peaked through. She muttered: “Write it on the clouds so it won’t disappear”

 

 

“I Love You, Jang Wonyoung”