2 - Editor Jung

A Quantum Leap of Faith
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: HEY CHINGUS! 

POSTING THE SECOND CHAPTER OF THIS STORY. 

WEAR YOUR MASK! WASH YOUR HANDS! EAT HEALTY, BE HEALTY! STAY SAFE!

 

PEACE YOW!~ 

 

 

 

 

CHAPTER 2

 

 

It was a beautiful Autumn morning in Seoul. The air is starting to get chilly but tolerable for everyone. The sun is shining and the birds are chirping giving their gratitude for another uneventful day they will have.

 

 

It looks like a normal, fruitful and uneventful day…

 

 

But not for the magazine editorial staff of S Magazine.

 

 

The 6-woman team composed of dynamic, smart, and creative individuals as young as 24 and as old as 40 sat on their seats all prepared for the weekly morning meeting that is being spearheaded by Krystal Jung. The 34-year old Fashion Editor sits on her leather chair with a posture fit for a Queen, her right calves over her left as she leads the meeting for their upcoming monthly issue.  

 

Their eyes are all tuned to the young and beautiful leader who was the main reason why they still have their jobs up to this day. They all consider Krystal Jung as their savior which the latter only addressed with a beautiful, shy laugh saying “Please, don’t. I didn’t do it all, all of us made it happen.” Such comforting words made them all admire the young single Mother of a teen.  

 

“Jain Song’s new collection will be our feature for this coming issue. Please coordinate with her secretary for the photoshoot, Rosè…” the young woman mentioned smartly nods her head to her superior and made a mental note to contact the said fashion house as quickly as possible.

 

“Yes Krystal! Actually, Miss Jain Song already sent the new catalog for her upcoming collection.” she placed the folder in front of her superior and continued. “She wants you to see it first.” The long haired brunette took the catalog and started browsing the pages showing the new collection of the said famous local designer. Her face showed satisfaction, even lit up when she showed interest in a few designs.

 

“Great… these are all great pieces. Her jackets and trousers.. I love this T-shirt. I need to see a sample. Did she send samples?” she asked.

 

“Yup she did. Here they are…”

 

 

Krystal demurely stood up from her seat and walked a few steps to check the clothes rack that her staff prepared today to show her. Dark colored blazers ranging from black, dark blue, dark green, even royal blue lined the rack. She took a hanger with one dark green blazer on it and raised it in the air inside the modern and lavish meeting room of La Bellé Publication, her face not showing any emotions.

 

If you are not accustomed to this expression Krystal is showing, you will think it’s normal.

 

But for her magazine fashion editorial staff and stylists, it’s nerve wracking at the same time amazes them.

 

Because seeing this kind of expression in Krystal Jung’s face meant her mind is working. Her brilliant mind is already thinking of possible ways to style that one single simple clothing and make it more fashionable as ever, how to make it the next trend in Korean fashion that the general public will consume.

 

One of the fashion stylist named Yeri was on stand by beside her, ready to give her spiel for the “pick of the day” styles that they assembled before the morning meeting with the Fashion Editor.

 

“We thought it looks good with the baby blue linen shirt we have here…” she took the mentioned shirt from the rack and a pair of ladies khaki pants then showed it to the still poker face leader. “Dark coat over a light colored shirt always looks good and fashionable especially when you pair it up with this pair of khaki pants, something that college students will possibly want to wear when they have special presentations. It has this feel of Ivy L-league…” she said the last word in a stutter, unconsciously swallowing her saliva.

 

The striking beauty took one look at the ensemble, releasing a disapproving chuckle. “Take away the khaki pants…” her staff quickly took out the mentioned garment in a flash. Krystal again was back on the clothes rack checking the other fashion items, her head shaking in disapproval once again. “Get me a pair of gray dress pants please, any brand. NOW.” emphasizing the last word. She saw a white collared shirt, her fingers running on the gentle silk fabric. “Throw that shirt away and use this. Put it all together and show me the fit.” her eyes roamed around and landed on another young woman standing by the door holding a tablet. She took one good look at her secretary from head to toe then pointed her index finger on the poor young lady that is going to be the chosen model of the day. “Put it on Jisoo. I want to see it in 5 minutes. Pronto.” she said with finality and went back to checking the rack.

 

“Right away Krystal!” The stylist and her assistant immediately dragged Jisoo out of the meeting room in a hurry. They only have 5 minutes to style the young secretary and only five minutes to impress their ever critical but no non-sense editor.

 

The group continued their presentation and throwing of ideas for their upcoming issue, showing Krystal fashion photos from sponsor shoots, discussing who will grace the cover of their magazine.

 

As the Editor-In-Chief and Creative Director of S Magazine, Krystal Jung holds the big responsibility of determining the look and feel of the publication, decide what to publish and oversee the publication's operations and policies.

 

The magazine publication company is owned by the fashionable beauty and eccentric young Chinese billionaire heiress named Song Qian or more known in the world social circle as Victoria Song. She inherited the former struggling publication company and magazine from her Father, then made it as one of the most sought after fashion and lifestyle magazine in South Korea with the help of Krystal Jung.

 

 

Krystal raised an eyebrow while browsing the photos laid in front of her. It was a set of photos for the new Balmain collection that was shot yesterday. Her eyes scanning the person in each photo from head to toe while holding her blue Sharpie. Scribbling suggestions on the photos, making notes that her staff definitely does not want to see but has to.

 

Too skinny… too bulky… too much fillers… too unnatural… too…

 

Too perfect.

 

I want this issue to be perfectly…

 

Imperfect.

 

She sighed and made a signal to the next presentor to start. Her eyes stil

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter