3 - Two Idiots

A Quantum Leap of Faith
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: HEY CHINGUS! I hope everyone is well and safe. 

Third update for this story and update for "Spring" soon.

Peace yow!~

 

 

CHAPTER 3

 

 

 

 

“Damn it! Why do you have to break down at this moment! Arrrghhhhhhh!!!”

 

I sighed in exasperation seeing the flat front tire of my car. Who the hell leaves metal nails on the road?!

 

Patience, Krystal. Patience.

 

What’s the use of driving a Mercedes if your tire is flat? Good thing I managed to maneuver the car to the side of the street safely.

 

Sigh.

 

Looks like I need to get down and dirty.

 

One tire. Hallelujah! I’m still a lucky girl indeed.

 

I took a peek at my Apple Watch and saw the time flashing on the screen. 16:20 P.M.

 

Exactly 40 minutes before my appointment with Jae-jae’s teacher. Changing the car tire is just a breeze! I already done this a couple of times before back in America so it’s no big deal.

 

I need to get it done fast!

 

Going back inside by the driver’s seat, I took out the key from the ignition and placed the car in parking brake. I went out not forgetting to lock the door in case someone goes crazy and take away my car in a busy street full of people.

 

I moved in calculated and fast manner taking out the needed tools to start my dirty work, making sure to look at the time once again. Everything that I need already laid on the ground beside the doomed tire I am going to change. Jack, wrench, tire stoppers, and lastly - the spare tire.

 

“Damn it, Bugs. Of all days you really have to roll on a nail…” I rolled the sleeves of my blazer up to my elbow and went down on my knees to level with the wheel, sighing as I put a tire stopper to stop it from rolling. I did the same at the other three tires before going back to the side of the car where the affected wheel is located. I took the wrench and started loosing the lug nuts so that I can easily pull it out later once I jack up the car.

 

Don’t call me weird. My car is named Bugs and no, I am not the one who named him like that. It’s my son Jaehyun who did, I got used to it. I was supposed to name it “Taylor” because I’m a big fan of Taylor Swift but of course, the son always wins. Bugs = Bugs Bunny. Tsss.

 

If Luna will see me now doing this, she will definitely start her spiel again of how I needed someone especially a man in my life to do these things for me. Ugh.

 

It’s not that I don’t like help nor I hate men.

 

It’s just that I am such a stubborn and independent who doesn’t want to be manipulated. That’s enough manipulation in my life when I was born with a golden spoon in my mouth, grooming me and my siblings to be perfect individuals who will bring honor and prestige to our family. I had enough of that.

 

I can do it myself. I don’t need someone to do things for me. I don’t want to depend everything to someone just to make my life easier. Nope, thank you.

 

I survived for 16 years, just me and my son without depending our life on anyone. I did everything, took various kind of work just to earn money so that I can buy food to feed Jaehyun and provide a shelter for him…

 

Hahaha… enough drama Krystal.

 

As I was busy loosening the last lug nut on the wheel, the afternoon sun was still shining brightly that I can feel the heat on my back. Damn it… I’m so sweaty! Ughhhh!!!! arrrghhhh!!! “ you Bugs.”

 

I felt a tap on my shoulder and a low voice being uttered near my right ear completely startling me.

 

“Excuse me…”

 

I turned around hearing the voice and saw an Angel standing in front of me, complete with blinding light and a halo on top of…

 

*CLANK*

 

“AWWWWWW!!!! !!! OH !!!!”

 

Okay, Angels definitely don’t curse.

 

Especially when you drop a heavy wrench on their feet.

 

OH .

 

“OH MY GOD!! I’m soooooo sorry!!!”

 

I yelled in panic as I quickly reach down on the ground to get the wrench. When I raised my head, I suddenly felt a hissing pain as it connected with some body part of the unlucky person in front of me.

 

*THUD!*

 

“AWWWWW!!! My head!!”

 

“OH MY NOSEEEE!!”

 

My eyes went wide in shock seeing the blood flowing from the person’s nose trailing down on her handsome face. “Oh my God!!! Your nose is bleeding!”  

 

“! ! !”

 

I wince seeing the pain on the person’s face as curses kept coming out from . HER because my eyes finally had a clear view of the person’s face… the feminine features standing out together with the masculine features. I have a good eye when it comes to beauty and definitely my eyes are not failing me. She covered her bloody nose with her two hands glaring murderously at yours truly. *Facepalm*

 

Yep, I think she wants to kill me right here on my spot. Oh God please save me!!

 

Jaehyun-ahhhh…! save Mommy!!

 

But then give me one second…

 

She’s beautiful…

 

Her jaw stands out… she has beautiful eyelashes too… wow… her lips… natural beauty… androgynous beauty. I wonder what her height is and if she’s interested to be a model…. hmmm… probably a couple of inches taller than me… her neck… ooohhhh… niceee… broad shoulders… she probably swims… dive too… maybe? The color of her face says it… she probably likes the sun and adventure just by looking at her face… her nose…bloody. I hope I didn’t break it! .

 

“YAH!!!”

 

I jolted on my spot when I heard the loud voice coming from the stranger in front of me clutching her bloody nose. “I’m sorry!” I bowed so low and tried checking the pocket of my coat if I have anything that I can offer her to stop the bleeding. Luckily, I have my handkerchief and immediately placed it on her nose. “I’m really sorry Miss! Forgive me for my c-clumsiness! Oh … I should bring you to the hospital… what if your nose is broken?! We need to have it checked so that they can conduct an X-ray and determine if it’s broken or not…” I felt no resistance from her as I held my handkerchief on her nose gently pressing it. Her eyes tightly shut because of the pain, her right hand holding on my left wrist that is on her broken nose as if holding on her dear life.

 

My right hand went to the back of her dark head to support it and carefully guided her to sit down on the pavement so that I can administer First-Aid on her injury. She was whispering, no, cursing in a whisper as we sat on the ground, my heart actually dropping when I caught sight of a tear dropping from her left eye. I don’t know what happened t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter