1 - Little Jae-Jae's Dilemma

A Quantum Leap of Faith
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: HEY CHINGUS! 

OKAY, FIRST OF ALL, PLEASE STAY SAFE CHINGUS!

SECOND, I'M FINALLY POSTING THE FIRST CHAPTER OF THIS STORY! I KNOW EVERYONE HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR A LONG TIME AND I APOLOGIZE. 

THIRD, THE NEXT CHAPTER MAY TAKE A WHILE BECAUSE I WILL FOCUS MORE ON MY OTHER STORY BUT REST ASSURED AFTER I FINISH IT, MY MAIN PRIORITY WILL BE THIS STORY. :)

AGAIN, THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR PATIENCE.

PEACE YOW!~

 

 

 

 

 

CHAPTER 1

 

 

 

 

Krystal can’t believe what her 16-year-old son Jaehyun said over a Chinese take-out dinner they were sharing. She had to ask the teenager again just so to confirm its true.

 

“Your Professor what?!”

 

The handsome teenager rolled his eyes, a mannerism he inherited from his beautiful Mother. He knew his Mother will react this way that’s why he readied what to say. “Professor Liu wants to talk to you that’s why I gave her your personal phone number Mom. ” he said looking down on his Yangchow. A visible pout adorned his lips that made his Mother chuckle.

 

Aigoo… little Jae-Jae did something wrong…? Krystal thought.

 

The 35-year-old single Mother still looks confused as to why her son’s teacher wants to talk to her. Did this doofus skip school? She thought while munching on her dim sum still staring at Jaehyun.

 

This is the first time that she is being summoned by one of Jaehyun’s teachers. Krystal never had any problems with her son when it concerns his studies, Jaehyun is an intelligent kid. Back in New York where they used to live a year ago he gets all straight As and never got into trouble.

 

“Jae-Jae… tell me, come on. Any problems at school?”

 

The 16-year-old released a sigh, too embarrassed to tell his Mother about his school situation. It’s not that huge… well…

 

“Are you being bullied in that school?”

 

“Nooo…” he immediately denied shaking his head with an embarrassed smile. The kids at the International School where Jaehyun is a Freshman are quite nice plus the fact that some of his classmates are foreigners and English speakers too like him consoles him.

 

“Then why? Is it about your studies? Are you having a hard time adjusting to the curriculum?”

 

“Not really, the curriculum of that school is superb Mom.” he scratched the back of his head chuckling to his Mother who is now glaring at him worriedly. He suddenly felt so shy to tell his Mom, especially that Krystal has always been a worrywart when it comes to her son.

  

Krystal gently places down her wooden chopstick on her bowl putting her full attention to her son. Her beautiful onyx eyes scanning the face of the handsome teenager who is too embarrassed to look at his Mother. She knows her son too well. Something happened. I can feel it.

 

“Jae… you know I will listen.”

 

“I know… it’s just that... I don’t want you to get mad at me. Ummm… Mom, can you promise first you won’t get mad at me…?”

 

She raised her eyebrows upon hearing her son’s demand, weighing in the options in her pretty head. Why is Jae acting so embarrassed that he can’t even tell his mother and she has to promise to not get mad about it?

 

“Dude, just tell it then I will decide if I will get mad at you or not. Come on, spill it.”

 

“Fine…” he took a deep breath looking back at his Mother that is patiently waiting for his confession. Krystal’s mind already thinking about possible scenarios that her son could have been involved with.

 

Had a physical fight with one of his classmates? He does have a belt in Taekwondo but he goes by the rules.

 

Disrespect to his teachers? Hmmm impossible. Her son is the most chivalrous and respectful boy, he was a favorite by his teachers back in NY.

 

“Jung Jaehyun, tell it NOW.”

 

With a defeated sigh he finally let it all out to his mother, his heart so heavy and beating so fast out of nervousness. There is nothing he can do now. He has to tell her so that she will be ready before talking to his Physics Professor.

 

“Umm… it happened in our Physics class. We were taking our exam... one of my classmates took my test paper while Professor Liu was not looking…” Krystal’s eyes went wide too surprised with what happened. “I was stunned when Johnny did it, I was trying to get my paper back but he won’t give it to me.”

 

“Oh.My.GOD. Don’t tell me…”

 

“When I finally got my paper back, Professor Liu was already in front of me. She saw what happened...” he dropped his head feeling guilty and sorry. Deep inside him, he knows he could have done something to defend himself but he kept his mouth shut because he felt guilty too.

 

“Awww Jae-Jae… it’s okay. What happened next?” Krystal took her son’s hand squeezing it gently, an indication that she is not mad at him. The touch from his Mother calmed Jaehyun, giving him the needed courage to continue.  

 

“Well… she took my paper and Johnny’s paper, then started ripping it slowly while looking at us. She ripped it to pieces then gave us our test papers turned confetti. We were asked to remain in our seats until the test ended. I really felt bad Mom… it was an important exam. Then after class Professor Liu requested us to remain and lectured us about cheating in the exams. She has a point though, I could have informed her immediately about Johnny getting my test paper but I didn’t. So yeah… she wants to talk to you about it.”

 

Krystal remained silent after Jaehyun’s confession. A few minutes after, she patted the teenager’s back consoling him. “What can I say? Looks like you really are my son.”

 

“Mom!”

 

The Mother and son shared a quiet laugh, the latter shaking his head at how cool his Mother is at times like this. Jaehyun felt so lucky to have a cool Mother like Krystal. She was not just his mother, she was his sidekick when he was a kid and he thought he can be a superhero like Batman. His best friend and rival in video games.

 

“Jaehyun, what happened was really unacceptable. Your Professor was right, you should have informed her the moment that classmate of yours took your test paper. Prick.”

 

“Mom! Don’t call my classmate like that!”

 

“How old is he?! 10? You were a victim, yes. But you were a willing victim. BUT…” she raised her index finger waving it in front of her son. “Don’t worry Jae-Jae. I will talk to your Professor and convince her that you are innocent.”

 

“I’m sorry Mom…”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter