Beginnings

Epidemic
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A few weeks have passed since Sehun broke the news to her husband. With light footsteps, Kai headed out of the stables and made his way towards the Eastern Palace. He wasn’t quite pleased with how he always had to walk a huge distance from the west to the east, but unfortunately for him, the palace guards were situated in the Western Palace, while the Resistance resided in the East. Well, at least he was closer to the kitchen.

 

“Good morning Barbara,” Kai cooed as he entered the kitchen. “Sorry, but do you have some gummy bears?”

 

The assistant chef sent him a questioning look but pursed her lips as she thought, “Maybe the kids might have some leftovers from Halloween.” She jerked her chin to the back door and gave a small smile, “The boys should be at the back.”

 

Kai sent a mirrored grin but didn’t leave before snatching an apple from the kitchen top. The tinted glass doors slid open when they sensed Kai’s presence, revealing two boys playing with their toys. Kai’s lips cracked into a smile, it was rare to see kids play with toys nowadays; what with the advancements of technology.

 

“Oh look! It’s the marshal!”

 

Kai visibly cringed. He thought being called general was bad, but maybe ‘marshal’ is a worthier competitor. He narrowed his eyes before breaking into a chuckle.

 

“You weren’t trying to make fun of me, were you?” Kai rhetorically snorted as he neared the boys. 

 

“Oh no, how could we dare!” The second boy giggled when his brother responded with a tone full of jest and mischief. 

 

Without sparing another breath, Kai lunged forward and tickled the sides of both siblings— leaving them in a laughing mess before they surrendered, laying themselves in the man’s lap.

 

As the boys catch their breath, the older sibling with faded brown curls sat up and wore a curious look on his face, “But why are you here Kai? Did you need something?”

 

“Oh,” Kai dusted of his pants and got on his feet, “Your aunt told me that you might have some leftover gummies from Halloween.”

 

His face lit up in expectation as the boys looked at each other.

 

“Well… we actually gave what’s left to Sehun a few weeks ago,” the younger sibling muttered, scratching his fluffy black hair. “Momma said we couldn’t have all of them and Sehun dropped by so—”

 

Kai blinked. But before he could say anything, the glass doors slid open again and revealed an eager looking—

 

“Baekhyun?”

 

“Kai?”

 

“Oh it’s Yuta!”

 

Baekhyun and Kai whipped their heads to the doors again, both wearing a deep and confused look on their faces. 

 

“Huh…? What are you both doing here?”

 

Yuta scratched the back of his nape and greeted his former seniors. “Um, maybe we’re all here for the same reason…?”

 

Baekhyun his lips and recalled how puzzled Barbara looked when he spouted his request, “...Did Sehun ask you to get gummy bears too?”

 

“Well, I told her I was going to drop by the kitchen before heading to class.” Yuta confessed, biting on his inner bottom lip. 

 

Kai folded his arms, “And what about you?” He turned to Baekhyun, raising both his brows. 

 

Baekhyun let out a nervous laugh, “Well she—”

 

“Oi, do either of you boys have candies left?”

 

All five of them were shocked when a fourth person came out to the back. But no one could’ve been shocker than Kai himself. 

 

“Krystal!?”


 


 

Sehun fiddled with her thumbs outside of the teaching hall. She didn’t think all of them would be there at the same time. She just wanted more candy, that’s all. Sehun fixed a cute pout as she stood silently in front of her husband who had his arms crossed over his chest. 

 

“So…” she started slowly as she glanced from left to right, “Did any of you get me some?”

 

Kai flicked her forehead and earned himself a yelp from the brunette, “Don’t be cheeky.” He tutted, huffing a sigh. “I can’t believe you even got Krystal to fetch you some.”

 

Sehun jutted out a bottom lip and muttered, “I didn’t exactly told her to… I was with her mother and Krystal just happened to be nice and—”

 

“Okay, what about Baekhyun then?” 

 

Sehun gulped awkwardly, she couldn’t think of a reason for Baekhyun. She was on the way to her classes when she bumped into him and Chanyeol. But that wasn’t what mattered most to her now. 

 

“Well!” She huffed in annoyance and flared her nose, “None of you brought me the gummies anyway.” She turned around with a hmph and was about to head straight into her class when Kai seized her wrist. 

 

He plopped a small pouch onto her palm and planted a kiss on her cheek. Lingering longer beside her ear, Kai softly whispered, “Don’t go to anyone else okay? I’ll give you anything you want.”

 

He pulled back and suppressed a giggle when he saw how red Sehun’s cheeks has gotten. He pressed his forefinger onto her nose and went “boop” before leaving the place. 

 

He was jerked to a halt when he felt a pair of arms circle around his waist.

 

“Boop!” Sehun did the same as Kai did with her forefinger lightly brushing his nose before she ran off and into the teaching halls. 

 

But if she stayed even a second longer, she could’ve seen how beet her husband turned. 

 

“Sehun…?”

 

Sehun gasped lightly when she glanced up to see that the whole class had their eyes on her. She let out a nervous chuckle before timidly making her way to Yuta all the way at the front. 

 

“We just started on running through whatever they’ve learnt last week,” Yuta quickly updated his partner before facing the class again, “Our plan today is to finish recaps, but if you have questions, maybe you can ask them after class.”

 

Sehun averted her eyes away from Yuta and scanned the room when the group collectively agreed. 

 

16, 17, 18… 22.

 

Why were there so many of them? She swallowed and glanced anxiously at her partner. Wel

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter