Chapter 6

Is this Seat taken?

One of the most annoying things in the morning is getting a phone call at 5 am specially when you sleep late the night before. And Minhyun is just lucky enough to experience just that when his phone keeps on ringing at 5 in the morning.

 

"Hello" he answer without looking who the caller is.

 

"DONGHO I HAVE GREAT NEWS FOR YOU **** ENTERTAINMENT CALLED AND THEY WANT TO MAKE A MOVIE ABO-" The man on the other line was cut off by Minhyun and said.

 

"I'm sorry but I think you called the wrong Number I'm not Dongho bye" and with that he ended the call and decided to go back to sleep but after a few minutes his phone rings again.

 

"Grr can't I just have a peaceful sleep for goodness sake it only 5 in the morning" minhyun said as he face-palm and answer the phone for the second time.

 

"Hel-" he wasn't able to finish his statement when the same man started yelling yet again.

 

"MR. KANG DONGHO WHAT ARE YOU SAYING THAT I CALLED A WRONG FREAKING NUMBER, STOP BEING A LAZY AND LISTEN TO ME." The man paused and Minhyun use that chance to end the call.

 

'Who the hell is this Kang Dongho and why is this guy calling me' he thought as he stared at his apartment ceiling.

 

*ringing*

 

"For Pete's sake not again" he exclaimed and for the 3rd time answer the phone without looking at the caller name.

 

"DONGHO I'M LOSING MY PATIENT RIGHT NOW, STOP ENDING THE CALL AND LISTEN TO ME WILL YOU?" Minhyun didn't get the chance to even say hello when the man started shouting again. And Minhyun being him had enough of the shouting and being disturb early this morning.

 

"FOR PETE'S SAKE, I'M NOT KANG DONGHO OR WHAT EVER HIS NAME IS I'M HWANG MINHYUN SO PLEASE STOP CALLING ME LET ME REST AND SLEEP IT'S TOO EARLY FOR YOUR PRANK CALL WHOEVER YOU ARE!" he snapped at the caller.

 

"Are you a thief?" ask the man on the other line.

 

"WHAT NOW? WHAT DID YOU JUST CALL ME? A THIEF? HOW COULD YOU!? YOU CALL ME AT 5 IN THE MORNING TELL ME NOT JUST ONCE BUT THRICE IN JUST A SPAN OF 10 MINUTES. YOU HAVE THE NERVE. LET ME JUST REMIND YOU I DON'T KNOW YOU AND YOU HAVE MY NUMBER ISN'T THAT MORE SUSPECIOUS" Minhyun said full of range. Who does this man think he is and call him a thief.

 

"Wait hold up, can you please relax and look at your phone to see if I'm really mistaken because as far as I'm concerned, this is the number of my Best friends and business partner Kang Dongho and if you are saying you are not him how I ended up calling thrice when I literally double check that I'm calling Kang Dongho."

 

"Fine" and slowly Minhyun looks at the phones screen and saw..

vdzFdOEYY8TtUL0dRoJB5Dyj4WKxUHaHVVT1OS7c7svEorocdf-C4FTd7LyW7KELuZeWLGwECm5dNV70algQ7Qte70D7T6k6oNuUKz2s9pyEXTt49-PWmxIJ-nqhhWVvN-0wXLgF

 

"Bumzu-hyung?" Minhyun read out loud

 

"Yes?" said the guy on the other line.

 

"WAIT, hold up what the heck?" Minhyun start to panic. Who is this Bumzu and why is he in his contacts when doesn't remember ever meeting the other.

 

"Hey calm down" Said Bumzu.

 

"Ho-why do I have your number, have we meet before what how whatttt" he panics and blabber to himself

 

"YAH MINHYUN-SHI PLEASE CALM DOWN AND LISTEN" Bumzu shout from the other line and continue "Could it be that you and Dongho slept together?" he asked hesitantly it's not his business if Dongho is sleeping around but right now he just needs to talk to Dongho and inform him about the meeting with **** Entertainment.

 

"YOU KNOW WHAT YOU ARE GETTING IN MY NERVES, FIRST YOU CALL ME SO EARLY, SECOND YOU CALL ME A THIEF AND NOW YOU ARE ASKING ME IF I SLEPT WITH THAT KANG DONGHO GUY THAT I DON'T EVEN KNOW." Minhyun is now full of range he is irritated. He is a dignified man and have a clear name so why on earth does he have to face this kind of situation.

 

"Okay I'm sorry. It's just that I don't understand, I'm calling Dongho but you are the one that picks up the call not just once but thrice. I know I'm wrong to jump to conclusions that you are a thief and that you slept with him but I just don't know what to think you know. What could be a possible explanation to this that you accidentally exchange phones and you didn't know because you haven’t used your phone last night because you did something, that's even more impossible.” Said Bumzu

Hearing what Bumzu said make something snapped on Minhyun's mind he remember the cute guy that share table with him yesterday at JT's cafe.

“Wait… I- ahm you are creeping me up, because I think your right. I didn't use my phone last night because I have to deal with something and I think I remember Dongho. I think I meet him in the cafe yesterday but I’m not sure if he is the Kang Dongho you are talking about.” said Minhyun having the realization that he and Mr. Cute buff guy have exchange phone by accident as he slowly observe the phone in his hand he has also turn the loudspeaker mode on so he can observe the phone while he listens to Bumzu. The phone his holding is a Black Iphone X and not his silver one.

 

Grr Minhyun how dumb can you be to not realize this ealier’ he think to himself as he observe the phone.

 

“So can you describe the Dongho you meet yesterday just to be sure.” ask Bumzu now with a serious tone.

 

“Ahm… He is not that tall but not short either, he is a little bit buff, with black hair, he has a smile that can brighten anyone’s day and his eyes looks like a crescent moon every time he smiles, he also have multiple ear piercings and…” Minhyun describe Dongho not realizing the smile that creep on his lips.

 

“Okay, okay that's enough I think we are indeed talking about the same Dongho” Bumzu cutting Minhyun’s blubbering about Dongho.

 

“Oh sorry..” Said Minhyun “Ahm so how do I get my phone back and give back Dongho’s phone?”

 

“Ahm.. Are you free today?” Ask Bumzu

“Yeah, I’m free this morning until 12:00 Noon.” said Minhyun remembering he still need to meet up with someone on the afternoon.

 

“That's great so I’ll try to contact Dongho and ask him where you two can meet later okay?”

“Yes, thank you and sorry for my sudden outburst earlier.” said Minhyun with apologetic tone.

 

“Its okay I’m also at fault for jumping into conclusion. Alright I call you in a bit. Bye”

 

“Bye, talk to you later.” With that the call ended.

 

After the call Minhyun stand up and go to his bathroom since he can no longer go back to sleep. He has taken a bath and prepared breakfast for himself as he prepared the materials for his meeting with the CEO of a label company Kang and Kye.

 

---

 

*Dongho and Minki’s Apartment*

 

Minki woke up early to feed Happily, Ever and After. When suddenly the house phone starts ringing.

 

“Yeoboseyo?” Answer Minki when he picks up the phone

 

“Good morning Minki-ah~” said Bumzu on the other line.

 

“Good morning Hyung” said Minki in a cheerful tone. “Do you need anything Hyung?”

 

“Oh yeah, is Dongho there?”

 

“Yes, but I don’t think he is awake though” said Minki as he glanced in the direction of Dongho’s bedroom.

 

“Oh, can you do me a favor Minki-ya please” Bumzu plead the younger

 

“Anything I could do Hyung” said Minki

 

“Can you wake Dongho up I need to talk to him.” Bumzu said hoping Minki won't back out because waking Dongho up this early in the morning is like digging your own grave.

 

“Okay then I’ll try but I cant promise you anything Hyung.” said Minki doubt evident in his voice.

 

“Thank you Angel, you are indeed an angel sent from heaven.” Said Bumzu

 

---

 

“Dongho Hyung, please wake up.” Called out Minki he's been trying to wake up Dongho for 30 minutes now and all he gets in response from the older is “5 more minutes Baby’ or mumble that he can't understand. He is determined to wake up Dongho so he did what he thinks will work.

 

*Sniff* “Dongho Hyung please wake up” *Sniff* “please~” Minki pretend to cry because he knows that whatever happened Dongho can never resist when he cries. And in less than 10 seconds Dongho is Up and now hugging him.

 

“Baby are you okay? Why are you crying ? who hurt you? What do you what me to do?” Dongho said panic evident in his voice as he ask Minki what happen.

“Dongho Hyung” Minki Started “Sorry to make you worried, but I’m fine… It's just that you won't wake up and Bumzu hyung needs to talk to you and it's that the only thing I know that will surely wake you up. I really am so sorry hyung” Minki said feeling the guilt creeping on him.

 

“Baby, dont worry Im not mad, please don't be sad okay” Donho said trying to calm Minki down. He is not mad but he is relieved that nothing bad happened to his Baby brother.

 

“Sure?” Minki as with a Pouty lips and puppy dog eyes which Dongho can never resist.

 

“Of course, I can never get mad at you baby and you know it.” Dongho said as he pinch Minki’s Cheeks. And Minki Smile.

 

---

Dongho borrowed Minki’s Phone to call Bumzu.

 

“Hi angel, you need anything?’ Bumzu answered after the 3rd ring.

 

“It's me, you owe me something you make my baby Cry.” said Dongho which startle Bumzu he knows how protective Dongho is to Minki and you would never want to face dongho when he is mad.

 

“I didn't do anything?” Said Bumzu but it comes out sounding more like a question rather than a statement.

 

“I'm Kidding hahahahaha” said Dongho and started laughing “ So you need to talk to me?”

 

“Bro you almost give me a heart attack.” said Bumzu After releasing a heavy Sigh. “Yeah Anyway **** entertainment Called me they’ll be doing the movie documenting NU’EST journey and that they have already found the one that’ll write the script and we’ll have to meet him later at 1:00 PM in the office.”

 

“Oh that's great, I’ll have to inform Jr, about this and check their schedule for the filming” said Dongho

 

“I know right and calm down will you hahaha I’ll fix the schedule but you need to attend the meeting later and one more thing.” Bumzu said

 

“Hmm?” Dongho Hummed in response.

 

“Are you free this morning?”

 

“Hyung is this a date invitation?” Dongho teased

 

“Shut up, No this is not!” Bumzu Said disgust evident in his tone.

 

“I’m kidding, but why?”

 

“Well someone accidentally swap his phone, with someone yesterday and I need someone to meet up with the owner of the other phone to exchange phones”said Bumzu sarcastically.

 

“How did you know?” Dongho ask Confuse how Bumzu Knew about it.

 

“Because I called you and someone named Hwang Minhyun pick up the phone and argue with me that he is not Kang Dongho and that he is surprised to see that he has your phone.”

 

“Oh.. so how do I get my phone?” Ask Dongho he is happy because he can return the phone to it owner and get his phone back.

 

“Ahm.. the two of you can meet up somewhere before 12 noon because he has a meeting.”

 

“Okay can you call him and ask him if he can Meet me at JT’s cafe at 10:30?” Dongho ask

 

“Okay then I’ll tell him bye” with that Bumzu ended the call and proceed to call Minhyun

 

“Hello?” Answer Minhyun on the other line

 

“Hi ahm so I was able to contact Dongho and he said if it's okay to you, can you meet at JT’s Cafe at 10:30?” Said Bumzu

 

“It’s Fine with me tell him, I’ll be waiting thanks for your help.” He said and they bid their goodbyes.