Chapter 4

Is this Seat taken?

 

 

*STILL 4 YEARS AGO*

 

When they reach their apartment Aron go straight to their shared bedroom while Minhyun gets something to drink. 

 

While Minhyun is washing his cup he felt an arm wrapped around his waist and a pair of lips on his shoulders. Aron's warmth felt like home, it feels like being in the safest place in the world. Minhyun felt contented being in Aron's warm embrace while he wash the cup. After washing the cup Minhyun dry his hand with the paper towel and turn around returning the latter’s embrace. 

 

"Babe, today is one of the best days of my life. I still can't believe that all of this is true. You being the school crush and the American boy that everyone wants to have during high school is now My boyfriend of 5 years. And being able to graduate together with you is another dream come true. Our family also approves and supports our relationship. I can't ask for more than this, it's like my life is already perfect having you by my side, fighting all these challenges together, and waking up everyday with you by my side and now we are going to start a new chapter of our lives together, you being a junior Journalist in *** entertainment and me being part of **** publishing everything is slowly falling into place." Minhyun said while he hugs Aron slowly swaying to the rhythm of their beating hearts. Silence... It was so silent the kind of silence that brings then peace as they just hug in the middle of the kitchen Letting their heart do the talking through the silence that they share. 

 

"Minnie?" 

 

"Hmmm?" 

 

"Ahm I wanted to give you this" said Aron as he gets a small black velvet box in his pocket. Minhyun's eyes started to watered as Aron open the box. The box have 2 rings inside "hwang Minhyun, this is not yet a proposal but a promise ring. We've known each other since high-school, and we have been together for 5 years now. This ring symbolizes my promise to love you until Forever ends. This ring is the sign of my love for you as long as you have this you also have my heart. I know since day one we've promise to stay together for as long as we live. I know I'm blabbering and all but what I wanna say is that I love you and only you since the first time we met to the last of my breath. Things will be different now, will be more busy with out career and  work but let's not let those separate us. Let's walk this new chapter of our lives hand in hand." Aron said as he hold Minhyun's hand and slowly slips the ring. The rings is simple a silver band with small diamond in the middle of an infinity sign. Engraved in the inside of the ring are their initials. 'A & M' Minhyun pulls Aron in a tight hug as tears swells down his eyes. 

 

After Minhyun finally stops crying they go to their veranda and lay there watching the stars in the skies that looks like millions of diamonds. No word is exchange just their hands intertwined together and While Minhyun lays his head on Aron's chest. 

 

A perfect way to end a perfect day. In the arms of the man you love 

 

----

 

After a few days of vacation Minhyun and Aron started their jobs.

 

Minhyun have been assigned to new authors as their editors and goes to the office from Monday to Saturday and sometimes go to the authors homes to check on them and their manuscript. He enjoys what he does, he can read different novels, Manga, magazine or anything that they Handel. Sometimes when he couldn't finish his paperwork at the office he'll take the manuscript with him at home and sometimes falls asleep in his desk editing and wakes up in the morning in his and Aron's shared bed. He sometimes comes home so late that when he come home Aron is already asleep.

 

Aron on the other hand continues his training as a junior journalist and have been assigned in some proofreading and research about certain topics, he is 60% of the time in the field and 40%in the office doing more research on the scope he has. His English speaking skills have also helped him with his job. He is also assigned to translate some of the article the company publish online. His job has no specific time just as accidents or event doesn't always happen expectedly. He sometimes need to rush to a field in the middle of his and Minhyun's date. Sometimes he leaves the apartment so early and come back so late at night.

 

The interaction between the have been limited to them seeing each other at home during their rest day and exchange of text message asking if they are already home or if they've already had dinner and I love yous 

 

As months goes by the occasional communication have lessen to the point of no communication at all. 

 

A month before their 6th Anniversary Minhyun have decided to file a leave for a week on their anniversary. He has also informed Aron about it and have also agreed to try to file for a leave on their anniversary to celebrate it with Minhyun.

 

Minhyun's request for 1 week leave has been approved and he is busier now that he has to finish his work before his leave. He is always doing an all nighter and sometimes get home on the morning.

 

While Aron have only been granted a 3 day leave because of the big event happening in their company this includes their company expanding to the US. Making his workload to double.

 

----

 

It already the week of their anniversary and Minhyun's 1st long vacation after starting his job. He woke up early to cook breakfast for Aron. It's been so long since he have a proper breakfast with Aron so he prepared an American style breakfast for the two of them but when he is done cooking he saw Aron exiting their shared room. 

 

"Good morning babe" Minhyun greeted Aron as he place the plate on the table. 

 

"Morning Minnie, aren't you late for work?" Aron asked as he approached Minhyun and give him a peck on the lips. 

 

"Have you forgot that today is my 1st day of my 1 week leave" Minhyun said as he pout. 

 

Aron just smile at him and steal another kiss from his boyfriend. 

 

"Yah! Don't do that" Minhyun half yells to Aron as he wrapped his arm on the shorter male. 

 

"I'm sorry I forgot I was just so busy with work. And stop pouting your tempting me to kiss you" 

 

"Alright let's just eat before the food gets cold" Minhyun said as he surrender to Aron 

 

"About that I need to go their is a press conference in 1 hour and I need to be there sorry babe" Aron said and hug Minhyun. "I go ahead now okay? Eat breakfast and enjoy the day. I love you" Aron said and he kiss Minhyun one last time and leaves. 

 

Minhyun just sat down on the dining area he is sad but he knows that this is Aron's job and that he shouldn't feel this way, he looks at his ring finger and smile their promise ring it gives home strength and reminds him of Aron's love for him. 

 

Minhyun just decided to clean the house and sort things out as he waits for Aron to come home. He has also prepared dinner for the two of them but like any other day Aron have been caught up with work and his deadline and come home so late. He was shocked to find Minhyun sleeping on the couch. 

Aron wakes up Minhyun for him to go sleep on their bed. When Minhyun wakes up he smiles at Aron lovingly. 

 

"Welcome home babe" Minhyun said as he slowly seat up. 

 

"I'm home Minnie, so why are you sleeping on the couch you'll get sick" Aron 

 

"I was waiting for you, I also prepared dinner for the two of us..." Minhyun said as he motioned to the dining table. 

 

"I'm sorry it's just that work have been so busy right now and I need to finish things" Aron said guilt can be heard in his voice. 

 

"It's okay I understand, don't worry. So do you wanna eat?" Minhyun said as he stands up and goes to the kitchen. 

 

They have dinner together and sleep in each other's embrace just like a year ago things seems to be perfect again. 

 

The next day, Aron was called early in the office and have to leave before Minhyun woke up. He has left a note on Minhyun's bedside table saying

 

'Good Morning sunshine sorry for leaving early I'll make it up to you promise. 

Have a great day I love you yesterday, today and the last of my breath

     -Aron

P.s

I might come home late so please don't wait for me and go to sleep first' 

 

Like yesterday Minhyun spend his day alone cleaning and doing chores. He has also decided to read some books and check on emails for news.

 

The next day when he wakes up Aron have already left. He is not sure if Aron even went back last night. Since he has done the chores for the last two days he has decided to just go to JT Cafe is a cafe that is managed by his best friend Jonghyun and Taeyong. It's been almost a year since they start the Cafe and it is popular with students because of its calming vibe and it is also popular for its book, where you can read any book or Manga in the cafe.

 

"Hello wel- Min?" Said Jonghyun as he run to Minhyun and hug him. "I miss you so much Minhyunnie" 

 

"Yeah I get Jrie stop it I can't breath." Minhyun said as he pats Jonghyun's back.

 

"Yah you two you're blocking the entrance." said the cashier.

 

"Tae how can you be cold it's been months since we've seen Minhyun" Jonghyun said with his childish voice and pouts. 

 

"I know, I miss him too but please don't block the Way and don't disturb the silence tsk." Taeyong explains. 

 

Minhyun have spent the whole afternoon in the cafe reading and occasionally talking to Taeyong or Jonghyun. 

 

The next day Minhyun was surprised when he sees Aron sleeping peaceful beside him. He just admires Aron's perfect face. He's nose, his lips, his whole face. 

 

"Don't stare too long, you might end up melting me" Aron said as he opened his eyes and kiss Minhyun on the lips "Good morning Minnie" 

 

"Aren't you late for work?" Minhyun ask 

 

"I don't have to go to work, I have to finish everything and now I can have an early leave so I can now spend today with you and the next 3 days" Aron explains as he closes his Eyes "So can we just go back to sleep it's still too early" Aron said as he wraps his arms on Minhyun's waist and pull the latter closer to him and they both go back to sleep. 

 

The 1st day of the break they just spent it together at home and cuddle while watching movies. The next day they have Visited JT's cafe and catch up.

 

On the 3rd day is their 6th anniversary. On the morning They go to Namsan tower and ride the cable car. In the afternoon they decided to go to the amusement park and have dinner in a fine dining restaurant. Before they go home they have ride the perry's wheel. 

 

"Minnie, A year ago we have reach our dreams together. We have promised each other to love each other till the end and I never regret loving you and everyday I fall for you even more and if I would be reborn again I'll always choose you. I love you and thank you for not getting tired of loving me. Know that you'll always hold a place in my heart and I'll do Anything to keep you safe. "

Aron said and Kiss Minhyun on the lips

 

" Babe I don't know what the future holds but I promise to love you until the end and whatever happens I would never let go of your hand. Let's face the future together. Whatever challenges we faced know that I'll always be here to help you and I know you'll do the same. ``I love you." Minhyun said and place a kiss on Aron's head

 

Everything seems like a dream everything is perfect. It's like a scene from a fairytale the only thing missing is the word 'and they live happily ever after' but real life is not like that the next day When Minhyun wakes  up Aron is gone. All his things are gone the apartment is half empty, he found a letter in the dining table and he quickly reads it 




'My love Minhyun 

I'm sorry but I need to go, I'm sorry that I cannot fulfill my promise to 

Stay beside you. I cannot tell you now why I left but please know 

I love you forever and that this is for your own good. I won't risk anything

that can hurt your so please be strong Minnie. Please don't look for me. 

Live your life the way you want. You can find someone new that can make 

you happy. I don't deserve your love Minnie so please move on. 

I love you forever until the last of my breath. 

-Aron'

 

Minhyun fall down on his knees and cry holding the letter close to his heart. The man that promise him forever left him. He doesn't know the reason why he left and hurts him knowing that Aron cannot trust him enough to face this obstacle together. 

 

He has tried to call Aron's phone but its already out of service he has also tried to contact Hannah and Grace but they don't know where Aron is. He has tried to talk to Aron's workmates but still no lead where he is. He never stops. Waiting for Aron to return he has stayed in the apartment waiting and waiting everyday hoping that when he comes home he'll see Aron sitting on the couch watching the news or something. For years he has waited. But it's been years and now he has lost hope that he'll come back. 

 

*end of flashback*

 

*ring ring ring*

 

Minhyun was brought back to reality when he heard his house phone rings. He quickly walks to the phone and answer it. 

 

"Mr. Hwang someone is looking for you in the lobby" said the receptionist

 

"Who is it?" Minhyun as as he wiped his tears away. 

 

"Mr. Kwak Aron, Sir" 

 

"Please tell him I'm on my way" Minhyun said and place the phone down. 

 

"Minhyun you can do this, this is what you need to talk to him now or you'll regret forever" he said to himself. 

 

He has made up his mind and he'll talk to Aron once and for all. He'll get the closure he needs. 

 

Who would have thought that their relationship would end. Who would have thought that the perfect couple would be gone. Who would have thought that 6 years of love is not enough for someone to stay.