Chapter 3

Is this Seat taken?

 

Minhyun decided to go to the supermarket near his apartment complex for some supplies. As he roams around the supermarket he comes across a figure of the man that he has known so well for 10 years. The man who he promised to love for the rest of his life, the man who promised him forever. The man who he has been missing for 3 years. The man who have left him when he needed him most. The man who broke him.

 

Minhyun being too occupied by his own thoughts haven't realized that the man is now looking back at him.

 

"Minhyun?" ask the man as he looks at him 

 

That snaps him out of his thoughts but he still stay still like he had seen a ghost of the past, the ghost he wish he never have crossed paths with. The man walked closer towards Minhyun with the smile he grown to miss over the years. 

 

"it's really you Minhyun-nah" 

 

The man said as he comes closer to Minhyun. Minhyun stiffen as the guy wrapped his arms around him. The same arms who holds him years ago. The arms that once brought him a sense of security and comfort, now it feels like a steel grip that chokes him. He places his hand between him and the man and slowly push him away.

 

"Sorry, it's just been so long since I saw you Minnie" the man said 

 

'don't call me that' 

 

Minhyun Just stay still looking at the man in disbelief as if it was just a dream, But it felt so real the hug the suffocating presence. It's all so real. 

 

"Hey Minhyun are you alright?" still no response from Minhyun "Hey cut it out you're scaring me" 

 

"Is it really you?“ finally Minhyun spoke and the guy let out a sigh of relief after hearing Minhyun talk.

 

"Finally I thought I was mistaken or that you don't know how to speak anymore. Yes, it's me The one and only." said the guy as he looks up at Minhyun and smile. "Ahm Min do you want to ahm get some coffee together? Right now if your not busy that is"

 

"I-It's f-fine but I h-have to finish sh-shopping first" said Minhyun and walks towards the personal care aisle. The guy beams at him and follows him.

 

"Okay then I'll help you then" Said the guy

 

"No need I'm fine I can manage, you go shop for what you need and let's just meet outside after 30mins." said Minhyun as calm as possible. He still can't believe that he is back, that Aron is back after 3 years.

 

"Alright then I'll see you later" with that Aron left and now his alone. 

 

Slowly his tears started to fall like the droplets of rain. 'How can he just act so casual like he didn't leave me hanging when I needed him most. He left with no explanation and I never have any closure and now his back as if its the normal thing to do.'

 

"Hyung please take this, and wipe your tears away" a young boy told him with a smile,  and hands him a white handkerchief.

 

He reaches for the handkerchief and wiped his tears away. He has been so deep in thoughts and have forgotten that he is still in a public place, and the possibility of people seeing him cry slips his mind.

 

"Thank you young man" Minhyun said as he pats the head of the boy and give him one of his sweetest smiles.

 

"Hyung you look more handsome when you smile, please don't cry anymore, okay?" the kid said as he smiles back at Minhyun.

 

"Thank you very much for the handkerchief, but it's now dirty how can I return this to you?" Minhyun ask the kid

 

"it's alright hyung, Just please keep it and use it to dry your tears when you feel like crying again. I have to go now hyung. Bye bye" The kid said and run to the end of the aisle where his mom is getting some supplies. Minhyun just smiles as he watches them leave.

 

'The kid is right I should stop crying its been 3 years for Pete's sake. I should take this chance and talk to Aron ask him why he left and get the closure that I really needs. It's time for me to be happy again.' 

 

----------

 

After paying for his groceries Minhyun exited the super market and was contemplating weather to just run away and pretend that he hasn't seen Aron a few moments ago or will he face Aron and talk to him to finally have the closure he wanted. 

 

But his thoughts were soon cut short when he heard Aron calling his name.

 

"Minhyunnie, I'm here" Said Aron as he waves to Minhyun to come closer.

 

'Minhyun take a deep breaths this is your chance to take this and you'll find out the answer to your questions and this is for your own good' Minhyun cheer himself internally as he walks towards Aron who is leaning on a White BMW.

 

"So where do you want to go?" Aron ask when Minhyun is closer to him.

 

"We can just go to that cafe" Minhyun points out a Cafe on a First floor of an apartment complex.

 

"Alright then, Ahm do you want to place your groceries in the car?"Aron asked as he sees that Minhyun is carrying 3 plastic bags of groceries.

 

"No need I can manage without you" Minhyun response shocking both him and Aron.

"I-I mean I'm fine it's not that heavy"

 

"okay then if that's what you want, then come on let's go to the cafe" as they walk a realization comes to Aron.

 

"hmm this building seems familiar" Aron said as he looks around the building.

 

"Of course it is, it's the same apartment complex you used to live 3 years ago" Minhyun answers bitterness evident to his voice.

 

"hey Min I didn't mean to ..." Aron said as he looks at Minhyun

 

"Save it Aron, it's alright a lot have changed over the span of three years, I don't expect you to remember every little detail. Anyways, would you mind if I go up and you find a table for us?" Minhyun said as he walks towards the entrance of the apartment complex not waiting for Aron to reply. 

 

He goes directly to the elevator pressing the button to the 15th floor. When the elevator doors open he quickly get out and go directly to his apartment. The silence that welcomes him is no surprise but the pain and the memories felt so fresh. This is the same apartment they once shared for the 6 years that they been together. Nothing changes the furniture, the interior of the apartment is still the same as it was 3 years ago, even their picture still occupy the space around the TV. Their Graduation photo is on top, them holding hand in hand as Aron kiss him on the cheek. 

 

That was the most special day for them, they have finally reach their dream they graduated together and they have been accepted to their dream company. What makes it even more special is that this is their 5th year anniversary. 


 

--------

 

*4 years ago*

MINHYUN'S POV

 

Today is the day it's our graduation day and we'll finally be able to achieve our first goal we are going to up with graduate together. My family flew from Busan to Seoul and Aron's family flew from LA. The whole ceremony comes in a blur and the next thing I knew it's done and now Aron is in front of me holding a bouquet of flowers with his perfect smile. 

 

"Hey Minnie baby happy graduation" he said as he hands me the bouquet. I smile back at him and hug him tight. 

 

"Happy graduation baby" and as if on cue our family approach us. 

 

"Happy graduation Aron, Minhyun!" Sujin said as she hugged us, Sujin is my older sister. 

 

"Aron oppa and Minhyun oppa I wanna take your photo" Grace said, she's Aaron's sister. 

 

I come closer to Aron holding my diploma and bouquet in one hand, and Aaron's hand on the other and when Grace is about to take the photo Aron tiptoed and kiss me on my cheek earning cheers from both our parents and sisters. 

 

We leave the venue and eat at a 5 star restaurant reserve by Aron's Parents, they said its their congratulatory gift for us. After dinner we bid goodbye to our families and we head home. The ride is quite but its a peaceful quiet. In a few days we'll start our work I would be an editor in one of Korea's publishing company and also my dream company. Aron on the other hand will start to be a junior Journalist in his dream company, it seems like everything is falling into place. 

 

"Minnie are you okay?" He ask me when we stop at the red light and he kissed my hand. One of the sweetest gestures that he always do and make me fall for him more. 

 

"Yes I'm fine, why did you ask? “ I answer as I look at him.

 

" You seems to be lost in your thoughts, I'm worried that maybe something is bothering my baby" he explains and continues to drive as the traffic light turns green yet he didn't let go of my hand.

 

"Oh I'm just thinking about how everything is slowly falling into their place, like how we got accepted in our dream companies and all like everything is just so perfect. If 5 years ago you'll tell me that I'll be spending my everyday with you I won't believe you nor will I believe that we would reach our goals." I said and smiled at him this feels nice a night drive with the one you love on the way to your home.

 

I never want this day to end I just want to savour every moment of today and I look forward to the future we'll build together.