Chocolate Croissant CH.IV

Chocolate Croissant

Kyungsoo POV

“Hello,” I say as I direct my attention to Kai  

“Hey hyung. What are you doing here?” He looks nervous, I can tell by the sweat that’s starting to accumulate on his upper lip.

“What, am I not allowed to be here?” I purposely let the sarcasm in my voice be obvious. I want him to know that he’s in deep , as if it wasn’t already known. 

“That’s not what I mean, I just know that you have a class right now. Which I also happen to know is your favorite, because I’m your best friend and best friends know things like that!” 

What the hell, is he trying to soften me up by pulling the best friend card? He’s an idiot if he thinks that’s going to be of any good. I’ve never been so mad at him as I am right now. The only thing that’s keeping me in a calm state is the fact that Amaya is right here. She’s the soul reason why I haven’t punched Kai square in the jaw. 

“Hmm, well I was actually on my way there when I spotted you. Thought it would be nice to say hello to my best friend, but it seems that I'm interrupting something” This time I direct my attention to Amaya. 

“WHAT!? You're not interrupting anything, we were just meeting up to get lunch together.” 

Now I’m ing mad, they’re going on a god damn date. Whatever chance Kai had of explaining and saving our friendship has just slipped right through his ing fingures, this bastered. How can he do this to me? He can literally get anyone he wanted, seriously even guys throw themselves at him, so why did it have to be her? Why did it have to be Amaya? I can feel a lump in my throat is starting to for, I'm not sure if it's because I've lost my chance with Amaya or the realization that I was about to lose my best friend. 

“Hyung!” I look up to see the panic in Kai’s eyes 

“It’s not what you’re thinking, we’re waiting on Baekhyun hyung to join us.” Yeah right, like I was about to fall that crap of a lie. And as if on cue….

“ GUYS!!” A too happy, too energetic, too loud Baekhyun is jogging over to us.

“Guess I’m the last to show up, sorry for making you wait.” 

“Kyungsoo are you going to be joining us as?” He asked me while beaming his perfect smile at me. I really don’t know how to feel or think, my brain just seems to be overheating from the amount of confusion it’s going through.

“Huh, umm n-no. I have class to get too.” I push my way between Kai and Baek as I head towards my class. 

 

Amaya POV

We are currently going over our menus trying to make are choices on what to get, in actuality I already knew what I wanted. I always get the same thing every time I come to Burger Hut, it’s one of my favorite burger joints; I just pretend to look over the menu just to not look out of place. 

“Well I’ve decided what I want, how about you guys?” Baek is asking.

“No, not yet I can’t decide between the Double Burger or the Big Guy Pounder.

“And how about you Amaya?”
“Uh, yeah I think I’m ready.”

The waiter comes by a few minutes later, we placed are orders, there's a moment of silence but of course that doesn't last long.

"So what was up with Soo back there, he looked about ready to murder your ." Baek says looking over at Kai. I also turn to look over at him, I would be lying if I said I wasn't curious to know what he had to say. Even though I was there to witness the encounter, I really don't know what it is that I witnessed. 

"Well umm… about that" Kai looks nervously towards me, as if he doesn't want me to know.

"Oh come on Kai we're all friends here, isn't that right Amaya?" Baekhyun playfully elbows at me.

"Its okay Kai you don't have to tell us if you don't want to." 

"Thanks." He says with a small smile. 

Well damn now I really want to know what's going on, I didn't think he really wouldn't say anything about it. I was hoping for at least a fake explanation, but I got nothing. 

Throughout lunch Baekhyun would try to poke at the topic, but stopped once he got bored of Kai's unresponsive attitude. After the awkwardness wore off, we actually had a decent time even though it was obvious that Kai wasn't fully into our conversations. He kept looked down at his phone, he wasn't texting. He just took glances at it, waiting for something.

"Well you guys, I better head out I still have one more class for the day, but lunch is on me today." 

"Hyung you don't go to do that."

"Yeah Baek, that's not necessary."

"It's alright, it's my duty as your club president to treat you guys once in a while."

"Also, Kai walk the girl home I know both of you are done with classes for the day."

"That's so sweet Baek, but I have my car with me so needed to walk me home."

"Hmm, well alright but text me when you get home. Understand?"

"What are you my dad?"

"I can if you want me to."

"Okay eww!"

"Haha, okay I really need to get going. See you two tomorrow!"

"Guess we should be going too, you sure you don't want me to walk to your car at least?"

"No I think I can manage."

"Alright, bye."

"Bye."

 

You ever have those moments that you've made it home, but don't really remember driving there, as if on autopilot? Well I just did. I was trying to make sense of Kai and Cue ball, or as I just found out Kyuongsoo. It shouldn't be a big surprise that they're friends, I mean what are the odds that they would be friends...like 1 in 28,000 give or take. I throw my backpack down on the floor not caring where it lands, and proceed to throw myself on my bed. After staring at my ceiling for a while, I noticed that I'm grinning like a psychopath at the fact that I finally know Cue balls name. "Kyungsoo...Kyungsoo...Soo" I say out loud trying out his name.I shoot up to a sitting position, "Kyungsoo" I've heard that name before but where. I hit my forehead a few times trying to think of where I've heard his name, which comes in vain. Choosing not to think about Cue ball any longer for the afternoon I get started on some homework. Three and a half  hours into homework, I'm down to my last subject ...history. I'm sitting there tapping my pen on my desk trying to remember some old dude that did something 100 years ago or so when I'm hit with an epiphany, Kai!! 

He was the one that said that name to me a few days ago. I close my eyes and try to play back conversation we had.

“Well if you’re not dating anyone then maybe you should meet my friend, I’m sure you’ll like him.” 

“Based on what do you think that I’d like him?”

 “Well he likes you, and girls always like it when someone likes them.”

"OH FREAKK!!" Kai brought him up when he wanted to know if I was dating, he said Kyungsoo's name!! He said that Cue ball liked me….

 

Kai POV

I've been trying to get a hold of Kyungsoo all afternoon, but his stubborn won't pick up or answer any of my text messages. I can tell he got the wrong idea when he saw me with Amaya earlier. I also choose to ignore the fact that he thinks that I would betray him like this, I thought he knew me better than that. Either way, that's not what's important I need to clear up this misunderstanding, that's why I'm standing in front of this apartment hesitating to ring the doorbell. 

"Well here goes nothing." I hold my breath as press the bell...he doesn't answer, so I press it again, and again. I can hear quick footsteps coming towards the door, I see the door knob starting to turn, and then finally see Kyungsoo poking his head out the cracked door.

"Hello?"