Chocolate Croissant CH.III

Chocolate Croissant

Kai POV

May 4th 

Currently I find myself sitting in the middle of a club meeting that I’m only halfway paying attention to, I can tell that Baekhyun our club president is excited about whatever it is he’s going on about based on how animated his facial expressions are. I see Baekhyun waving for someone at the back of the room, I turn around to see who’s he’s calling for. I almost fell off my chair when I see who’s making their way up to the front of the classroom. “ Everyone this is our new club member. I know it’s a little late in the semester for new people to join, but I thought we could make an exception considering we have no female members.” Did I mention this is a videogame club? “I’m sure we can all agree that some female energy will be good for our club, do you want to introduce yourself?” “Um, hello I’m Amaya and I hope we can all get along and play well together.” Yup! There’s no denying it, that’s definitely Croissant girl or in other worlds Kyungsoo’s crush. 

He’s told me about her a few times, like how they have one class together, that she’s smart, funny, cute, and small. Basically he’s in love with her, but I never bother pointing it out because he’ll just deny it. Probably ending with me running for my life before Satansoo can get his baby hands around my neck. Although he has brought her up a few times throughout the semester it never goes beyond a sentence, he’s a man of few words. That was up until yesterday after my shift at Starbucks, he went on a rant about how he messed up big time and then messed it up even more by trying to make it right by offering the chocolate croissant I had saved for him. I did what any best friend would have done in that situation, I lied. Told him that it wasn’t as bad as he was making it out to be, and he was over thinking the whole thing. In all reality I didn’t have one doubt as to why Croissant girl dashed out of the student union, she probably thought that he was a total stalker. But there was no why in hell I was going to tell him that, he’d be mortified. 

I keep my eyes on Croissant girl as she makes her way to the empty chair at the end of the row, I can understand why Kyungsoo is intrigued by her. Small, cute, and on top of it she likes video games! At this moment I decide to do something else any best friend would do, and that’s to help Kyungsoo get the girl of his dreams. I mean I have the perfect excuse as to why I would need to talk to her, I’ll talk about video games at first and then slowly bring Kyungsoo into our conversations as time passes. 

 

Amaya POV 

May 9th 

It’s been almost a week since I joined the Video Game club, and I found that it was pretty easy to get along with the other club members. I’ve gotten pretty close the club president, Baekhyun. And also with a guy named Kai, he came up to me on my first day and asked If i wanted to play Call of Duty with him, I liked him right away. The three of us tend to always end up playing together, and winning if I might add. Although the three of us always play together, even online when we’re at home we haven’t spent time together or done anything outside of gaming. Baekhyun was the one to bring up the idea that we should go out for lunch one of these days, I was immediately all for it at the mention of food! After a little while of going threw our schedules and figuring out when everyone is free we agreed to meet in four days in the garden behind the quad area. 

 

May 11th

“Soo, do you have a boyfriend?”

 I choke on my orange juice, and hit my chest as I turn to look at Kai who has an amused look on his face. “Why do you care if I’m dating or not?”

 “I don’t care, I’m asking for a friend.”

 “OKAYY, and who is this friend to be exact?” 

“Kyungsoo.” 

I choke again not actually expecting him to have answered.

 “I’m guessing you know him.”

 “No I don’t, I was just surprised that you really are asking for a friend is all.”

 “What were you hoping I was really asking for myself?”

 “NO!! Stop teasing me it’s not funny!” 

“Well if you’re not dating anyone then maybe you should meet my friend, I’m sure you’ll like him.” 

“Based on what do you think that I’d like him?”

 “Well he likes you, and girls always like it when someone likes them.”

 I feel myself getting red just from hearing that some guy I don’t even know supposedly liked me, I hate being so easily affected. 

 “I’m surprised you don’t know who I’m talking about, I mean he is in your nutrients class.” 

In all honesty I’m not all that surprised that I don’t know who Kyungsoo is, I never really pay attention to who’s in my class. I just get in and get out. 

“Thanks Kai, but I don’t really want to date at the moment. Just want to study, work, and of course kick your in Call of Duty.” I purposely leave out the small fact that there’s a certain Cue ball that I can’t get out of my thoughts.  

“Fine have it your way, but you’re missing out, he’s a good looking guy that can cook and sing. Doesn’t get better than that, well except for muah of course.”

“OUCH!!, WHY’D YOU HIT ME!?”

 “Because you’re an idiot.”

May 13th

Just finished my last class of the day, so I make way to the school’s garden to meet up with Baekhyun and Kai. I look around expecting to see either one of them, just to realize that I’m the first one to show up. I pull out my phone to text our group chat letting them know that I’m here. It might be spring but it’s still warm when standing directly under the sun, I spot a tree at the other end of the garden and start making my way towards it. Once reaching the tree I lean against it, I pull my phone out again to check if either one has seen my message. There’s only a reply from Baek saying he’ll be here in five, I swing my backpack around to romage threw it. I find what I was looking for, deciding to listen to some music while waiting I plug in my headphones and put one ear bud in. I’m scrolling through my playlist when I hear someone call out my name, it’s Kai. He comes towards me all smiles and arms wide open, in the next moment I’m being engulfed in a massive bear hug that soon turns into me being airborne as he swings me around. 

“Kai put me down!” Surprisingly enough he does as he’s told.

“That was to make up for hitting me the other day, it still hurts.” He says with a pout while rubbing his arm.

“That’s not even the arm that I hit.”

“Oh..” 

“Idiot.”

“Umm, well where’s Baek at?”

“He said he’s on his way, should be here any minute now.”

“Mmm, well then what are you listening to?”

“Nothing actually, I was trying to choose what to listen to when you showed up and started harassing me.” 

Kai was about to rebuttal but something caught his attention, he turns to his right I mimic his movement, and suddenly I need my inhaler again. It’s no other then Cue ball making his way over to us, he looks mad. Like he’s about to murder whatever gets in his way with that glare of his. For a moment I contemplated running away, but that would make me look like a total weirdo. Definitely don’t want Cue ball to think I’m avoiding him. For the past nine days I’ve been hoping to run into him again in the student union, obviously with no luck. I take a quick glance up to Kai and see that he looks just as surprised as I do. Does he knows who Cue ball is?

 

Kai POV May 13th

I feel a hostile energy coming towards us, turning to look at what or who it can possible be, I feel my heart stop when it’s no other then freaking Kyungsoo. What the hell was he doing here? I’m positive he has his cooking class today and there’s no way in hell he would miss it. He’s pissed, anyone within a hundred foot radius could easily tell. Damn, must have seen Amaya’s and I’s hug. Quickly I try to come up with an explanation as to why I was hugging her, I still hadn’t mentioned to him that Amaya had joined the video game club. I wanted to wait a little longer to make sure that the day he decided to ask her out she should say yes. I wanted to butter her up with only good thoughts about my best friend, so when he asked her out she would have no other choice than to accept. I was vastly losing time to come up with an explanation, he was stalking his way towards as at an alarming rate. 

When he finally reaches us not only did I fail at coming up with a lie, but now I’m also failing at coming up with any words at all. I might as well be an infant that can’t produce words no matter how hard they try. The seconds tick by and no one is saying anything, not even Amaya and she always has something to say. Kyungsoo clears his throat and directs his attention to me. 

“Hello.”