Chapter 2 - The House's Floor 1: The Dining room

The House in the Woods
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 2 The House's Floor 1:

The Dining Room

Yunho opened the door slowly, trying not to make any sound that could attract any unnecessary attention toward him. Hesitantly, he peeked outside. He breathed a sigh of relief after seeing the coast was clear and quiet. No sign of the bear, the cat or anything. He tiptoed out of the room carefully.

 

Who knew if the bear was hiding and just waiting for Yunho to lose his guard before jumping on him?

 

Yunho shook the thought away. “ing bear,” he cursed.

 

Thinking where he should go now, suddenly he remembered the locked door in the back of the room where he had used the chained scissors. He speeded up his pace toward the door but stopped on his track when he heard a sound behind him.

 

“,” muttered Yunho without daring to look behind him. He ran as fast as he could toward the door and slammed it shut behind him. He held the door with his back, trying to prevent the bear or anything from coming through the door.

 

Did the giant bear come back?

 

He couldn’t stop imagining that the bear kept coming back for him. Not wanting to stay there anymore, he took a nearby chair and used it to block the door’s knob from being opened. Satisfying with his setting, he took a few steps back from the door and spun around.

 

Now he was in a huge dining room with a huge, long dining table. There were two tea sets, one at each end of the table. In the middle, there was a plate with a silver cover. It looked like the main dish. The table had more than enough space for ten people to sit and dine. How cheerful and lively this place could be when people come to fill the seats?

 

Smiling at his warm thought, Yunho went to sit on one seat at the table. His smile faded once his eyes fell on a note on the table. The handwritten on the note was the same from the note in the first room he entered earlier. He grabbed the note and read it.

 

‘CHECK FOR POISON.’

 

“Poison?” asked Yunho. Could it be, in the tea?

 

Yunho quickly stood up. Luckily he didn’t drink the tea yet. He must admit that he was kinda thirsty and looking forward to drink the tea. Now he wasn’t sure anymore. Was the tea poisoned? How would he know it?

 

Not risking anything, he walked away from the table and went to the nearby window. Looking through the window, as far as Yunho’s eyes could see, everything seems so dark outside. It's already night? Wondered Yunho. He didn’t remember what was the time when he entered the house. Was it afternoon or already evening? Is he already in the house for far too long?

 

“Hmm…” humming Yunho, now checked the spacious fireplace not far from the window. ‘Such a huge fireplace,’ thought Yunho. Suitable and very elegant for the large dining room. He kneeled and looked inside the fireplace, hoping to see the sky outside and the possibility to climb out. Unfortunately, there was nothing inside the fireplace except pitch black and soot.

 

“There’s nothing useful in this ing house,” mumbled Yunho, dusting some soot from his cloth. “Wait a minute…” he said in a low voice. If there’s a dining room, there must be a kitchen. If there were tea sets on the table, there must be someone or a chef in the kitchen who had prepared them. As far as he knew, in every house, the dining room was connected or there was a door leading to the kitchen.

 

Yunho was thinking to ask the cat where the kitchen was but decided not to do that since he didn’t want to go back to where the cat was before. The idea of the bear still lurking around somewhere terrified him.

 

The only option he had was to look around the room. Sure enough, near the other side of the table, in the northeast of the room, there was a door with a big note on it.

 

‘THE CHEF IS BUSY

LEND A HAND’

 

“Aha!” shouted Yunho, excited. “Finally!” It said ‘the chef’, which means there was someone in there. He pressed his ear to the door, but he couldn’t hear anything from the other side of the door. Excitedly and nervously, Yunho twisted the door’s knob. It was not locked.

 

He peeked inside but immediately jumped back and closed the door. “COCKROACH!” shouted Yunho with disgust. “Ewww!”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter