Chapter 2 - The House's Floor 1: Yunnie Bear

The House in the Woods
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 2 The House's Floor 1:

The Note

“What's going on?” Yunho asked, confused.

 

It shocked him to see the red door gone. Yunho placed his hands against the wall where the door once stood, rubbing it, hoping the wall was playing a trick on him and would reveal the secret door. Sadly, the wall was not a magical lamp. No matter how hard or how long Yunho rubbed it, nothing will happen. The wall just the empty grey brick wall.

 

Yunho stopped and pressed his head to the wall. For a moment, his expression changed - a cruel smile appeared on Yunho’s face. The same smile had crossed another face in that house some time ago when those walls had crushed another person in that room. Yunho mumbled, “So, you’re trying to trap me and kill me in there, huh?”

 

“Yo!” the black cat called. “What are you talking about?”

 

Yunho snapped back to reality. He crossed his arms, looking at the cat and asked. “I was wondering if you have a name?”

 

“Huh?” the black cat tilted his head, pretending to be cute. “A cat doesn’t have a name. Only humans do.”

 

“Oh, really?” Yunho asked, amused. “And why is that?”

 

“Well, you have a name. . .” The black cat scratched his right ear before continuing. “Because you don’t know who you are. I know who I am, so I don’t need a name.”

 

“Ridiculous,” Yunho rolled his eyes upon hearing the black cat’s words. He was about to leave when the black cat stopped him.

 

“Ok, fine. You can call me Jiji,” said the cat.

 

Disbelieve of what he heard, Yunho turned back and questioned, “You think you are cute?”

 

“I am not?” the cat tilted his head to the left cutely. It seemed the cat enjoying acting cute in front of Yunho. “Maybe you can call me Changmin. I think it’s a cool name and suits me. But I like Jiji too. So cute. Ah, I can’t decide which name I should use.”

 

Yunho shook his head and ignored the cat. He left the cat talking to himself alone. Focusing on the two new doors, one of Yunho’s right and one on his left, which one he should go first? Unexpected, he went straight to the main entrance when he first entered the house. It was still locked. He was not surprised as if he knew what’s going on. Without hesitating, he went to the door on his left.

 

He opened the door slowly and took a peek inside.

 

Another creepy small dark room. Not as dark as the bloody-room, but still dark and dull. Thinking the bloody-darkroom could be just his imagination, Yunho entered the new room with confidence. In the new room, there was a workbench and dusty old dresser.

 

On Yunho’s right, there was another door. ‘So many doors,’ thought Yunho. He went to check it but the door was locked. “So annoying,” Yunho mumbled. He went checking the desk, maybe the key to the door was there. But instead of a key, he found a pair of scissors on the table.

 

‘This could be used to kill.’ A dark, strange thought flashed at the back of his mind for a moment.

 

Without hesitating, Yunho grabbed the scissors, but something was preventing the scissors from being taken away. It was chained to the bench.



“Strange…” commented Yunho. Why would someone chain a pair of scissors to a desk like this? “This is ridiculous.”

 

Yunho went checking the old dresser, but there was nothing inside. Angered, he left the room and retrieved back to the main hall. The black cat still there, smirking and enjoying watching every movement Yunho made but Yunho paid him no attention. He went straight to another door.

 

Surprised, a vase of lovely roses and a long narrow corridor greeted Yunho. There was a door across him, but he stopped by to admire the roses for a while. The roses looked precisely like the rose bush blocking his path outside. They were so cold to touch and felt artificial. The red colour reminded him of… blood.

 

Thinking about blood, a Cheshire’s smile appeared on Yunho’s face before the sound of a clock ticking grabbed his attention. He turned around, checking the corridor. At the end of the hallway, stood an antic large tall clock. The time marched on; the pendulum swung freely from left to right, making a loud noise echoing through the corridor. Yunho stared at the clock from where he stood. He felt the clock was telling him that time is ticking.

 

Yunho’s face turned serious. Without a second thought, he went to the door in front of him. As he expected, it was a dark, gloomy room. This time, instead of blood, there was a large basket with a big brown bear in it in the middle o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter