Little Brothers

Belonging

A few days later, Yoongi found himself sitting downstairs in the living room for the first time and strangely he felt calm about it. He had never thought that he’d be able to leave the room that he had woken up in, fearing that if he took one step out of it that the dream would crack and he’d end up back in the dark place that used to be dubbed as his sleeping spot. He was quick to dispel the thoughts right now however, as he was far more amused by the sight of Jimin and Jungkook playing together.

 

He had been surprised to learn that alphas and omegas could play together, hell even betas were allowed to join in and they were usually reserved only for the most menial of tasks. Yoongi had to bite his tongue when he first saw Taehyung and Hoseok get into a fight, fearing that the pair would hurt each other before he got a real chance to know them but strangely it had been Jimin who came in between the pair and separated them. It had actually been quite frightening when the little omega had snapped at the elder pair, telling them off for giving “Kooky bad ideas’ as the normally sweet omega had been so stern and commanding in his words.

 

What had surprised Yoongi even more was that both the elder brothers listened to their younger and stopped fighting physically in front of Jungkook, who had been more amused with a big pile of plushi’s than what his elder brothers were up to the whole entire time, but they had still squabbled back and forth for the rest of the day. Until Namjoon got home and carted both the boys off to a back room to talk their issues out. Seokjin had reassured Yoongi that neither were going to get more than a verbal telling off because they didn’t believe in that sort of punishment.

 

This world was still so confusing and strange, rather scary in fact but Yoongi found that with each passing hour he felt more at ease with it than he had ever felt when he was back home. This family felt like the ones that were seen on the television set whenever he had been permitted to watch it, they were caring, considerate of one another and made sure that everyone was well looked after and perfectly fine. They were friends, moved as a pack and left no one behind. It was strange to find something so real after having only ever seen it on a rather fuzzy screen but it was something that Yoongi cherished so much

 

Slowly he brought his feet up, resting his chin on his bony knees as he observed the family in front of him. Today was a Sunday and no one had any plans or classes to be at or anything that could stop them from all just spending time together. Taehyung was playing with Jimin, amusing the omega by putting on different voices to be at least twenty different guests at a tea party the pair were hosting with a selection of dolls and teddy bears that had been gathered. The fact that the tea set was a mixture of Disney and Marvel themed did not seem to bother anyone in the slightest and it filled Yoongi’s heart with joy to see the pair looking so happy together.

 

Turning his head to the right, he observed Hoseok out on the large covered decking attempting to teach Jungkook a new dance routine from one of their favourite bands. The song was fast paced, highly energetic and required lots of fast movements and body popping the likes of which Yoongi had zero idea over how to even begin doing. Jungkook was enthusiastic, if a little clumsy and kept on doing bits wrong or going the wrong way or deliberately throwing Hoseok off to claim that he was the better dancer out of the pair of them and Hoseok was just laughing at him the whole time. There wasn’t an ounce of tension in the beta’s body aimed towards the little alpha, instead it was just fun between the brothers and clearly something that they both enjoyed doing. What made it a little extra special was that Yoongi knew that Hoseok had stayed up late last night learning as much of the routine as he could for Jungkook so that he could teach it too his little brother.

 

Smiling as his heart melted at the thought, Yoongi turned his head towards the kitchen where Seokjin was clearly in his own little element preparing a mouth watering dinner. Whilst Yoongi had yet to be able to eat a full plate of the others cooking, it was the best that he had ever had in his entire life. So rich, warm and flavoursome that half of the dishes which were prepared for him were completely new and wonderful. Or how they were supposed to probably be prepared so the taste was a lovely surprise indeed. For a second he thought about actually getting up and going to help Seokjin in the kitchen, even if it was just to peel the potatoes for the other but then he felt the familiar, warm presence of the alpha Namjoon and turned his head.

 

Namjoon smiled softly towards him, leaning on the edge of a doorway that led to a private study where the alpha worked out of when he was at home and quietly he beckoned Yoongi over. Gulping a little, Yoongi nodded and made his way across, unaware of the four pairs of eyes that immediately followed his presence until the door clicked shut behind him. Whilst Namjoon did not scare him as much as any other alpha he had ever met in his life before all this, he still held the title and it was a dangerous time to be alone with an alpha.

 

However Namjoon spotted the others distress and chuckled, “It’s okay, Yoongi, I’m not going to hurt you in anyway. I just want to talk to you for a little while.”

 

Yoongi nodded, moving to an indicated seat behind a large desk where his dark eyes immediately fell on some paperwork that was scattered across it. He could see his photograph, looking horrendous in the old school uniform that he had been forced to wear and then a selection of photographs of the place that he’d rather forget. The stern faces that held thin lips set in unhappy lines and he could already hear the lectures coming out of the uncaring picture frames. His shoulders dropped, already knowing what this was about and felt an ache in his heart, “They want me back…don’t they?”

 

For a few seconds, Namjoon was quiet before resting his hands on top of the desk, “I’m not sure. I need to ask you a few things Yoongi, they’re going to be personal and they will probably hurt a lot for me to ask them but I need you to be truthful with me over them. Can you do that?”

 

Gulping again, Yoongi closed his eyes and silently nodded his head, “I cannot lie to an alpha, it is a sin to do so.”

 

Holding back the wince at hearing those words, the haunting memories surfacing of the youngster who had once spoken those words to him but only to be replaced by the beautiful smile that kept him going throughout the day now, Namjoon managed to chuckle, “Please don’t be too formal with me, I’m at home right now and not at work so I can do without it.”

 

Yoongi blinked open his eyes and looked a little confused by the statement but nodded softly in response.

 

Taking a moment to consider his words, Namjoon clicked his tongue, “Yoongi, do you know what rank you are? As a wolf?”

 

For a second or two Yoongi was silent before letting out an odd sort of noise, “Not really…they all said that I was a freak. Something not natural.”

 

“Why?” Namjoon asked.

 

Yoongi shook his head, “I don’t know…they were fine until I was fifteen as I displayed all the traits of being an alpha which would have been good for the family but then when I turned sixteen I…I went into heat like an omega would but I wasn’t supposed to be one even though I retained my strength as an alpha and….you can’t be two opposites like that, it doesn’t work.”

 

“Actually you can,” Namjoon said, surprising Yoongi into looking up, “It’s rare but there is a rank of alpha-omega. I’ve only personally ever met two in my life but they are not freaks of nature and neither are you. It’s a tricky balance to get right but it is perfectly natural and well thought of actually.”

 

Yoongi sat back in his chair, processing this, “But alphas…I mean…I…”

 

“It’s something that I don’t profess to know much about Yoongi but it is something that we can work on together,” Namjoon said, “I’ve spoken to a couple of doctors and they’ve advised of clinics and support groups which could help you figure out the balance.”

 

The words did not fully register in Yoongi’s mind, as it was on overdrive right now but the sentiment behind it caught tightly onto his brain, “So wait…you’re sending me back?”

 

“Why did you run away?” Namjoon countered, “And how did you get out of the old country?”

 

Yoongi cast his eyes downwards at those words, guilt eating away inside of him. “There was a man who used to come into town every other Tuesday with exotic foods to sell, he had a cart and sometimes his son would come with him. I…I knew that the son liked me, he was a little naïve and foolish and I just allowed myself to follow along. He was nice and it felt nice to be…well wanted I suppose. He started coming more frequently and then after he learnt about my heat, he became more interested in me and eventually suggested that we run away together.”

 

Pausing, Yoongi let out a sigh, “I knew what he wanted, I knew that he wasn’t true and that I would be left but I couldn’t not take the opportunity that presented itself to me. So on the Tuesday night I went to him and he hid me in the cart and then put me in the van when we got to the border and drove over to where they lived. I stayed there a grand total for four nights…two spent with him and then…his father came for me.” Shuddering, Yoongi picked at the skin on his arm, “I just…I….”

 

“You can skip if you don’t want to talk about it,” Namjoon stated quietly, not wanting to cause too much distress to the youngster in front of him.

 

Letting out a breath through his nose, Yoongi shook his head, “The next day I saw that the window was open and I just grabbed some things I thought were good and got out of there. I don’t even know how I managed it or how I even got to town but I just did and didn’t stop until I couldn’t anymore.”

 

Namjoon nodded, and steeled himself for the next question, “Did either the son or the father use protection when they?”

 

Yoongi nodded his head rapidly, “The son because he didn’t want us to be parents…the father…I don’t know why.”

 

Letting out a sigh of relief, Namjoon smiled, “So why did you run in the first place?”

 

For a long while Yoongi was quiet, as if he couldn’t quite decide as to how he wanted to respond to that question. Thankfully Namjoon already had an answer, “Was it because they were going to make you marry their Goddess?”

 

“They were going to burn me alive and claim that my soul wasn’t pure enough to serve her,” Yoongi said, tears streaming down his cheeks, “They get rid of all their unwanted that way, making it appear that they’re going to be in a better place and are going to be happy and loved but all their doing is murdering innocents and I wasn’t going to go like my sister did….she was the most beautiful, pure and innocent creature on the planet and they outright murdered her because she refused to take the hand of the alpha son because he was unfaithful to every single one of his wives. She told me that they’d come for me next, that my parents were just looking for a way to redeem their sins and that I had to run before it was too late. I tried to save her, I tried to stop them from killing her and they locked me away in a freezing basement for weeks with only water when I couldn’t speak a word anymore.”

 

Namjoon had his arms wrapped tightly around Yoongi, allowing the youngster to weep and wail, bask his hands against his chest and finally let go of all the anger and grief that had been firmly contained within his form. It took a long while for Yoongi to calm down, finally able to let go of all the supressed emotions that had been building up inside of him and when he did, there was just an air of peace. Finally the demons had been exorcized and Yoongi found himself able to breath properly again. Namjoon smiled, placing a kiss on the crown of the youngster’s head before gently rubbing his fingers through the others hair in a calming motion.

 

“I spoke to your village,” Namjoon stated softly, “As it wasn’t hard to track down your information and as far as they’re concerned, you no longer exist. They erased you completely from their books and world and even your parents claimed to have never had a son. They redeemed their sin when their daughter married the fire god and are living back in the community once again.”

 

Blinking at the news, Yoongi felt oddly reassured by that fact, even though he had despised both of his parents for what they had done to him and his sister.

 

“Which means that you’re a free wolf,” Namjoon said softly, “You can choose to go wherever you want, whatever you want to do and who you stay with from now on.”

 

Yoongi quickly tilted his head up, his eyes alight with wonder and curiosity, “Can I stay here?”

 

“Do you want to?”

 

“Yes,” Yoongi replied without even hesitating, “I want to stay here with young and Seokjin and my little brothers.”

 

“Good,” Namjoon smiled, hugging the eldest boy to his chest, “We wouldn’t want it any other way.”

 

Yoongi hugged tightly onto Namjoon and barely even jumped when he felt the others joining in. He didn’t really know how he should be reacting at this moment, but for now, he was content to just lay in the middle of the big cuddle pile and feel the warmth and acceptance of having a family around him.