Bedsocks

Belonging

 

 

Waking up with a jolt, Yoongi fully expected to find himself back in the soaking wet bus shelter to face yet another long day of being cold, tired and very hungry. Instead he found himself in a remarkably comfy bed with a clean set of pyjamas on and the most curious pair of socks that he had ever seen or felt in his life. They were bright pink and seemed to be extra fluffy though Yoongi couldn’t work out what they were at first. He very slowly and carefully sat up, surprised to only find a dull hollow ache in his bones rather than the constant stabbing pain that usually spiked through him all of the time. Upon closer examination of the strange socks that were on his feet, Yoongi recognised them as being themed like bunny rabbits and there had little rubber grippers on the bottom which meant they could be worn throughout the house without any problems.

 

Gently he frowned before looking around the room that he was in, it was plain and simple in design with pale oatmeal walls, the single bed that he had been lying upon which had fresh smelling bedsheets and a duvet which had a really nice ocean design on it and a light grey carpet. There was a circular rug with a flower pattern on it and to the side there was a single wardrobe with a dressing table that held a mirror and a couple of ornaments that suggested that he was in some kind of guest room. Gently he frowned, wondering why on earth he would be waking up in somewhere so nice and refreshing when he had passed out in a freezing cold bus shelter.

 

Unless he was dead, Yoongi thought, then this place could just be the provisional room that lead to paradise and his eventual rebirth.

 

That thought was knocked completely out of the window however when the door opened and the strong scent of an alpha invaded the room. Yoongi pulled the blanket closer to himself, wide eyed as he stared towards the door because if there was one thing he could not deal with right now it was coming face to face with an alpha who would undoubtably get annoyed by his presence within a matter of hours and throw him back out onto the streets once again. He knew immediately that he could scrub the idea of being dead now, everything he had ever learnt about heaven had said that birth ranks did not matter in the slightest and no one bore a scent up there.

 

Yoongi began to shake, feeling terrified and alone because he had technically invaded an unknown’s territory and he was sure that everything was going to go wrong. He knew that he couldn’t stay here, that he was about to be thrown away before he could even begin to try and enjoy the short amount of comfort that had clearly been offered to him. He lowered his head in submission, praying that he would at least be allowed to have some food or even just a drink before he was thrown out once again because his throat was really sore and his stomach chose that moment to let out a growl of hunger that was as loud as if he were talking.

 

A deep chuckle came from the open doorway, “Well Seokjin was right about you being hungry, little one. Don’t look so scared, I’m only bringing you some soup.”

 

Peaking up from under his long fringe, Yoongi blinked as he found himself looking at a man who was taller than him with a strong build and an aura that was alluring and commanding but there was a childish grin on his face that somehow made the terrified man relax just a little bit. The alpha was slightly round faced, though with sharp brown eyes and a mop of unruly brown and blond highlighted hair that was swept back away from his face in a light ponytail. He wore casual jeans and a large basketball top that looked like it had been dragged through several hedges backwards but somehow still survived. In his hand he carried a cup and only now did Yoongi notice the sweet smell of chicken and sweetcorn soup which was wafting out from it.

 

The alpha smiled gently as he entered the room and set it down on a small bedside cabinet which Yoongi had failed to notice before and then sat down on the end of the bed with a soft curious expression on his features. Yoongi could only stare at him in wonder and terror, not sure if he should turn tail and make a bolt for it now or if he could actually say anything. The man smiled softly and nodded towards the cup, “Go on, drink it up, you look like it’ll do you the world of good.”

 

Yoongi gulped and looked towards the steaming cup on the cabinet before looking back at the alpha who just continued to smile and nodded his head in encouragement towards the terrified male. Yoongi’s stomach made another growl and he was so tempted to just reach out and grab hold of the cup and down the hot contents in one go but he just couldn’t. Turning his eyes back towards the alpha, he expected to see a displeased look, to hear the discriminating words about being ungrateful and then being told to get out without taking anything. Instead he just found himself looking at the same strange alpha who was still patiently waiting for him to take the soup.

 

Gulping painfully, Yoongi steeled his heart and stared at the Alpha head on, “What price do I have to pay?”

 

His words were thick and heavy on his tongue, already he could feel exhaustion creeping back into his mind and body but he wanted to know what it was that he could be getting into by taking the soup. No alpha just offered a random stranger something in return for nothing, that wasn’t the way that the world worked.

 

The alpha on the end of the bed frowned for a second or two before blinking and then smiling, “Other than regaining your health, none.”

 

Yoongi looked down, “Don’t lie…there’s always a price a pay.”

 

The alpha seemed to consider this for a moment, “Well, in that case, the only one I can think of is getting fussed over by my mate for however long it takes to get you back on your feet and believe me, he will fuss over you like you’re one of his own cubs.”

 

Raising his head, Yoongi frowned towards the alpha, trying to be as intimidating as possible but failing as a sharp pain in the back of his head made him groan. The smiling alpha moved closer and gently guided Yoongi back to the pillows. “You shouldn’t sit up too much, that head wound of yours isn’t quite healed yet and it’ll take some time for you to heal.”

 

Yoongi coughed, “Why?”

 

“Err…head injuries aren’t the best thing in the world?” the alpha replied, looking genuinely confused by the statement.

 

Shaking his head, Yoongi sighed, “Why…why…are you…helping me?”

 

“Cause Seokjin would kick my tail if I didn’t,” the alpha replied before blinking and suddenly seeming to catch onto his lack of scent. His dark eyes widened, “Don’t tell me you’re from the old country?”

 

Yoongi had no idea what that meant in the slightest and his head was starting to throb painfully so he could only stare at the alpha above him with a confused expression. The man seemed to click to how strange his words sounded and he shook his head, “Listen, kid, wherever you came from before, it’s not like that here and I’ll help you to get back onto your feet. You don’t have to worry about anything anymore and I don’t expect anything in return because it’s clear that you need the help.”

“Who…” Yoongi stared before a hazy blur crossed his eyes and he shivered.

 

The alpha above him blinked, “I’m Namjoon. I’ve heard your name is Yoongi, is that right?”

 

Unable to recall how it was that this alpha could have even gotten his name, Yoongi just nodded and allowed his eyes to start to drift back closed once again, feeling his consciousness slipping away from him as sleep reclaimed him. Though this time, he didn’t feel half as scared though he knew now to entirely trust the feeling that was lingering inside of his heart right now.

 

Making sure that Yoongi was settled back safely on the pillow, Namjoon carefully arranged the pillows and blankets so that the young man was covered correctly and placed the back of his palm against the slumber’s forehead. He let out a sigh of relief, “Fever’s going down, that’s a good sign.”

 

“What did you mean by the old country?” a few voices cut into the room, belonging to a young beta with sharp cheekbones and an athletic frame brought on by years of team sports enthusiasm and recently dancing.

 

Namjoon smiled up Hoseok as he pulled back from the sleeping man’s face, “It’s a saying that relates to those wolves who live back in the days when everything in your life was dictated by what rank you were born as. They typically live over the water, well away from the ‘modern’ way of thinking and still treat everyone who’s not an alpha or a fertile omega as nothing more than swine to be used and abused.”

 

“You mean like Uncle Namshun and his lot?” Hoseok replied, shuddering as he shook his head and stepped closer, “No wonder he’s in bad shape.”

 

“Exactly,” Namjoon replied, soothing down the others hair, “It’s a good thing your mother found him when he did, any longer out in that storm with the head injury he had and he would be nothing more than a dead body to be investigated.”

 

Hoseok shivered at the notion and shook his head, “Well at least he’s not going to be that. I just wish we could get some food into him before he passes out again.”

 

Seokjin chose that moment to pop his head around the door, “It’ll be a while before we manage that. Once Suzy gets here with the IV drip I’ll be able to get some nutrients into his body but I don’t know how long it’ll be before he actually accepts food from us.”

 

“You didn’t take that long to accept it from me, my love,” Namjoon replied lightly as he stood up with the intention of bracing his life partner.

 

Seokjin rolled his eyes as he purposefully dodged the hug, “Yah! Me and you were totally different. I would have devoured you in five seconds flat because you smelt so good.”

 

Hosoek placed both his hands on either side of his head, “Too much information for these ears.”

 

There came a snort from the corridor, “? Get real Hoseok! You’ve probably had more than me…”

 

“Taehyung!” Hoseok yelled towards his brother who was smirking from the top of the stairways, looking as though he had just stepped out of a fashion magazine photoshoot which involved paint for no explicit reason, at the exact same moment that both parents yelled at both of their sons for the exact same thing. There were a stalemate for all of three seconds before Taehyung bolted down the stairs to try and avoid the oncoming wrath of his brother and the probing questions of his mother, whilst Hoseok leapt over the banister to go chasing after Taehyung and try to escape from Seokjin who was chasing after the pair with demands to know what the heck they were thinking.

 

Standing where it was, Namjoon just let out a happy sigh and automatically turned to gather Jungkook into his arms as the youngster rushed towards him. He hoisted the boy up into the air, “You’re getting too big and heavy for this Kookie.”

 

“I am not!” Kookie pouted back, hugging tightly against Namjoon, “What are hyungs getting into trouble for now.”

 

“Playing around with girls and boys in naughty ways,” Jimin replied, trying to look innocent but having too much of a glint in his eyes which suggested he knew exactly who, what, where, when and why.

 

“Eww, sounds yucky,” Jungkook replied, snuggling into his father’s neck before glancing towards the room where Yoongi was. “When do we get to play with nice new hyung?”

 

Namjoon shook his head gently, “Not for a while yet, bunny, he’s still got a lot of healing to do. Now come on, why don’t we go and get started on supper because if we wait for your mother and hyungs we’ll won’t get fed until midnight.”

 

Jimin let out a happy little cheer and started hurrying down the stairs, leaving Namjoon to carry Jungkook down despite the boy being more than capable of walking. If truth be told, Namjoon didn’t mind carrying his youngest around like this because soon it would be impossible for him to do so and he wanted to hold onto that precious little innocence just a little bit longer.

 

Glancing back at the door which held the sleeping form of Yoongi, Namjoon sighed, “I’ll help you to the best of my abilities, little lost one. I’ll get you back on your feet.”

 

Hoisting Jungkook up onto his hip, Namjoon headed downstairs to start on the food that had been prepared because he too was very hungry indeed and couldn’t wait to eat every last piece of food that he could get his hands on.