Chapter Two

Following Mr Lee

It was nothing after that.

Hyukjae back on his usual state, very cool towards Donghae and they return to library again to study. There is no chit-chat, looks like Hyukjae forgot what happened at his house. Well, although it was not really special, but for Donghae it was. Looking through another side of Hyukjae was amazing and somehow he felt... close.

Donghae couldn’t find a right word to describe he is happy or upset because Hyukjae has back to his usual habit. Maybe he is happy because with this, he can gained his sanity to not fall in love with Lee Hyukjae meanwhile on the other side, he felt upset because Hyukjae make it seems nothing important between them. Yeah, they simply looked like two boys who just interacts because one of them needs help to increase the mark and the other one is just too kind to waste his time for helping.

Isn’t it suppose to be that?

Donghae is still packing his things when Hyukjae suddenly come closer to his table –he is sitting with Ryeowook– and said, “I will wait you on the field.” After that, he left the class.

Ryeowook snorting and piercing his eyes. He didn’t hate Hyukjae but sometimes he dislike when Hyukjae acts cool like a robot. For him, it is really weird because how come in this Universe, someone acts like that?

“It’s okay!” Donghae reassure his best friend.

When they meet at field, Hyukjae immediately lead their way to his car. This is the first time Donghae saw Hyukjae’s car because usually he used his motorcycle. Donghae never know Hyukjae can also ride a car.

“You don’t bring your motorcycle?”

“It needs some repair.”

“Oh,” Donghae looking outside, the road is a bit empty and the sky is cloudy. Usually, he will open the window –no matter where it is, house, car, bus– to feel the wind but since he is with Hyukjae now, he pressed his desire.  “We are not going to study at library?” Donghae asked in his low voice.

Hyukjae shook his head. He quickly turn to another road and they slowly reached the most crowded street on lunch time. “We are going to hospital, I have to do my routine medical check-up, I can’t cancelled it,” Hyukjae stopped his car in front of a famous Korean Traditional Medical Treatment and parked his car on its basement. He is really relax when talking about that and it is making another one worried.

“Are you…okay?” Hyukjae raised an eyebrow hearing the question but before he misunderstood it, Donghae quickly added, “I mean, if you’re sick it is okay for cancelling our study activity. I don’t want to force you and—“

“I’m okay. We are here now.”

He parked his car properly and go out of it.

Donghae following Hyukjae at the back but his mind has floated with all assumptions. Did Hyukjae secretly hide something? Like… he actually has a chronic disease? Before he can think further, they entered a room with a doctor inside as waiting for them, well Hyukjae especially.

“Oh Hyukjae, how are you feeling lately?” The doctor asked with a friendly smiles.

Donghae sits beside Hyukjae and listen carefully. He remains silent.

“I’m quite okay. My leg is not really hurt anymore.” Hyukjae returns a smile and Donghae keep looking at them.

The doctor suggested Hyukjae to laying on the bed and they spent around thirty minutes with the doctor keep asking Hyukjae some questions about his injured leg and the guy answered it very detail. Donghae feels relieved because Hyukjae has no chronic disease as what he thought, now he wanted to bang his head to nearby wall because of that dumb thought.

He just injured his leg three months ago and needs to do regularly check-up to prevent bad things happened. Donghae noted to himself he’ll asked what happened later when it is just two of them.

Hyukjae got a new medicine and they go back to his car.

“I think we need to have lunch first. What do you want to eat?” Hyukjae asked.

Donghae is not really sure because he is not that hungry. He slightly looking at Hyukjae’s injured leg and looking how the guy walking normally, he didn’t remember ever saw Hyukjae limping months ago, maybe the guy was really good to pretend he was fine.

Now that he knew, Donghae feels guilty because he wasted Hyukjae’s time when the guy can rest.

“Up to you.”

Hyukjae nodded. They walked to his car, Hyukjae took out his phone, looks like he is searching something while Donghae just stay silent.

They decided to eat Chinese food and Donghae silenty looking every gesture Hyukjae made. The way he took his chopsticks and spoon, munching calmly, and not talking at all. Hyukjae looked so cool even when he eats and Donghae enjoy it so much. Hyukjae didn’t even distracted when they heard people beside their table laughed too loud.

Donghae frowned. What thing can make this guy actually attracted? And suddenly Donghae becomes aware and his brain flooded with many assumptions again.

Hyukjae never attracted to Ryeowook when almost all people voted his best friend as the cutest guy in their class nor Hyukjae seems attracted to Heenim –the most beautiful girl at their class. Hyukjae also never seems attracted with Choi Siwon –their sports teacher– while all his friends and the whole school excited with that athletic man (either boys and girls) yet Hyuk Jae also didn’t attracted to Nicole –their English teacher– who has a very y body that make girls jealous and boys drooling over it.

Okay, Donghae has took all the best examples he could mention. The best on majority every human eyes. But… Hyukjae doesn’t include on their majority. Or… he just admire them secretly?

Donghae couldn’t tell nor he dare to ask.

He himself confused with the guy habits. All about Hyukjae seems like a rubic, he never succeeded solve them and it is so confusing. Hyukjae is like a mystery or a door that you can’t open easily because the key was so rare and hard to get.

“Maybe we can start study at here.” Hyukjae suddenly said.

Donghae staring their surrounding. Really? The guy in front of him wanted they study at here? Like… this is a Chinese restaurant with crowds situation! Moreover—

“Once you’ve concentrate, you will completely fine with the situation. What you need is just focus.”

As Hyukjae can read his mind and it made Donghae shivers slightly. Donghae wanted to say something, oh he is not the typical human whom can focus easily but he is quite sure Lee Hyukjae will force him and doesn’t accept ‘buts’.

Hyukjae starting taking out their books and for the first time, Donghae saw he take out his glasses and using it.

Maybe usually he use contact lenses, Donghae told himself. But he can’t help to admire the guy even more. Lee Hyukjae with his round black glasses is such a big distracted ever in his life. The school’s star even looked cooler and making his nose looked cuter. Donghae didn’t know why he feels the urge to bobbing his nose to Hyukjae’s.

He can’t help but imagine how scared Hyukjae is if he told him what he wanted.

“Donghae?”

“Hm?”

“Focus. You seems lost.”

It is true and caused by your damn yum looks.

Donghae tried his best to gaining all his concetrate. When he finally can do it, he started to follow and understand every single Hyukjae’s explanation (or you can say he also mesmerized with Hyukjae’s voice). Donghae clearly ignored what surrounding them because all he can heard is Hyukjae’s soothing voice and admiring over it.

 

.

.

.

 

“Let’s end it here. You’ve learned it well. We can continue tomorrow.” Hyukjae closing his book and return it to Donghae. He has done checking all the answers Donghae wrote and satisfied with the result. “I will drive you home.”

“Where are you going after that?”

“Huh?”

“Do you have any plan? I have nothing and being home at this hour is really boring.”

“Well…” Hyukjae shrugged his shoulders and stood. “I want trim my hair.”

“Can I… join you?”

Donghae couldn’t help but held his breath when Hyukjae staring at him intensely before he said, “We go, then.”

Donghae chasing Hyukjae rapidly to equalize their steps. He never thought Hyukjae would allowed him to follow eventhough the guy didn’t say it with a high-excited tone.

They went to the barbershop at the street Donghae doesn’t familiar with. The place is luxurious just from its design and just has a few people inside it. Donghae sat on the bench to wait Hyukjae but the guy ordered him to sit beside. The guy asked him if he also wanted to trim his hair but he said no. His hair still short and he followed Hyukjae all the way here because he wanted to watch the guy for longer time.

Well, Donghae is aware he is getting weird. First, he admitted Lee Hyukjae is handsome. Second, his heartbeat keep pacing faster when he thinking about him, sitting beside him, talking to him, oh everything about Lee Hyukjae is making his heartbeat thumping oddly. Third, he started to waiting the time to study together with the guy. Fourth, he started to worried over here and there about the guy. Fifth, he wants to bobbing their nose which is means they have to standing closely to each other faces if they do it.

And now…

What the heck is going on you, Lee Donghae? Ryeo Wook will mock me if he know what I’m doing.

Hyukjae said something about scalp treatment before they treated his head. He wanted to scream happily when Hyukjae closed his eyes because it gives more chance for Donghae to pay attention to him.

He fastly in his deep thoughts and try to make conclusion about this mysterious guy again. If he thinking further, Hyukjae also not the type of playful person. He seems like he will date when he is really sure and once he did that, he will do it seriously.

So… what kind of person can make him attracted?

Ryeowook, Heenim, Choi Siwon, and Nicole completely eliminated. If the perfect human like them didn’t attract Hyukjae, then… neither do I.

He sighed and leans more to his chair. He felt tired because Lee Hyukjae is confusing and he is sleepy. Donghae look at Hyukjae once again before turn to his left side –so Hyukjae won’t see his face– and decided he will take a nap for a while.

He has forgotten his plan.

.

.

.

It has been a while for Donghae to feel that tired and that’s what happen to him that day. He woke up due to a light tap on his shoulder. He opened his eyes, blinked for a few times before he realised what he has done and mesmerized with the handsome face in front of him.

Hyukjae’s hair looks more fluffy than usual. He also look more fresh and Donghae liked the smell, Hyukjae usually smell like a honey perhaps because of the barbershop shampoo, he was smell like chocolate. And his face reddened when he realised how close their face and intense Hyukjae’s stare were.

“I-I think we should go?” Donghae cursed his stuttering under his breath but Hyukjae didn’t even move. The guy keep looking at him for God knows how long (Donghae nearly had asthma due this) before he straighter himself and nodded.

But this time, Hyukjae was different.

Donghae remembered the guy barely wait for him to walk together. Mostly the guy is walking first without caring if Donghae could follow his pace or not. Somehow Donghae felt Hyukjae is a bit soft.

Maybe it’s because he just did the treatment.

And now when he looked at Hyukjae’s hair, he wants to nuzzle his hair with his fingers.

.

Note : Thanks for liking this story, sorry if it turns out lower than what you expected :D anyway, I also write another fanfic (and it's still going on) named You and Me. Here is the link https://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/1411616/you-and-me check them out too! Hahaha. Have a nice day, everyone! ^^