Chapter Three

Following Mr Lee

A couple weeks after that, they have exam. Donghae kept looking his history notebook for the last time. Hyukjae had explained to him using the most simple words purposedly to make him understand but Donghae still unsure he can passed. It is not Hyuk Jae’s fault, it is completely his fault for lacking on many subjects.

When the teacher shared their questions, Donghae can’t help but sweating. He was so nervous meanwhile his others friends looked so calm, including Ryeowook. Eventhough Ryeowook said he just read for three times, it doesn’t mean his best friend will get bad mark. They aren’t in the same brain level.

It was five questions that need to be explained. Impossible for you to just use one paper and impossible for Donghae to breath properly. But he didn’t want to fail again this time. Not when he has sacrifice things; talked to Hyukjae, asked the guy to help him, tried to be bold eventhough he knew what his friends said behind his back, lesser time for him to chill or going out with Ryeowook (because damn… Lee Hyukjae loves to give him many questions –not only Math– and asked him to do it because the guy will check it on the next day), spending more time at school and study.

He can’t fail when he has done that. He can’t fail when he has Lee Hyukjae as his tutor.

When he was about to fill the first number, Donghae took a chance to look at Hyukjae. No, he is not going to ask the guy the answer. He just feels a need to look at Hyukjae and the guy just as calm as usual. Of course, these five questions were nothing for someone who has indescribable cleverity. All the answers must be poured like a water in their answer paper.

Donghae started reminding himself about the materials. After that, he finally moving his pen. Sometimes he will frown but it will not last. Sometimes he will move his fingers to his forehead when he felt something is not complete with his answer. Sometimes he will smile when he satisfied.

Donghae absolutely ignore the noisiness around him and when the teacher said their time is up, that was when Donghae finished all the questions. He re-check it before the teacher takes it and for the first time, he gave his paper with a wide smile. Without he realised, Hyukjae keeps  looking at him and giving a small smile when he watched how happy Donghae was.

.

.

.

“Do you like Americano?” Donghae asked when they have sitted at the library. He didn’t want to think about the exam he face today, he knew he was doing his best. Let the result be, now he is going to relax for a bit.

“I don’t like bitter,” Hyukjae started open their books and spread it on the table. He has ed one button of his uniform because he felt hot. “Why?”  

“I want to give you something after the exam so I need to check your favorite things.”

“The exam hasn’t done and the result doesn’t out as soon as we’re done. And I have said to you I help you willingly.”

“But I can’t just accept it. I have to give you something. Wether the results are not good, I still want to give you something.”

Hyukjae raise an eyebrow and keep looking at the guy beside him. Their shoulders were so close to each other, he can felt Donghae was tensed due to his gaze and gulped nervously. No, he didn’t mean to make Donghae felt tensed. “I like sweet and spicy.” Eventually he utters. Hyukjae didn’t want Donghae bought something pricey and hard to find. For him, food is quite simple and he likes to eat.

Sweet and spicy. Noted.

Unconciously, he smiled until his teeth showed and his eyes turned into half moon. The sight is cute for Hyukjae and makes the latter smile too.

Before he sleep, Donghae spend his time for thinking about the food he will give to Hyukjae even watch on Youtube how to make a good food. The idea of buying ready-made or frozen food doesn’t feel right for him. But Donghae is not a great chef. He usually cook very simple food for himself. Donghae keeps thinking about Hyukjae. Maybe he will just cook whatever he can. He knows Hyukjae will appreciate it eventhough maybe the food will far from his imagination.

So start from that day, everyday before he sleeps he will doing some research and take a notes on it. He spent approximately four days before he really decided what to make.

.

.

.

 

After the exam end, Donghae rushed to the market. He had been searching on Youtube and read many recipes on Google. Just for reference but Donghae has his own idea.

And that day he owned the kitchen of his house. He rejected his mother helps, said with a big confidence he can handled all by himself. He asked his brother to stay away from the kitchen because he knows his brother has a bad habit to everytime he starts to cook. Moreover, he didn’t eat his lunch that day simply because he is afraid he can’t make it in time.

Oh, he really put every ingredients carefully, make sure all the things are in good condition, and mixed it well. He chopped and wash everything, make sure it has to be clean. He pressed all the food into their boxes and force it to enter the boxes because he wants to make Hyukjae feels full.

He unconciously didn’t stop smiling all the day. Keeping his mind concentrate and imagining Hyukjae would like the food makes him more cheerful. Donghae didn’t admit he fell for Hyukjae eventhough deep in his heart he knows exactly he did.

Next, he puts all of the food in the tote bag he has bought and prepared specially for Hyukjae. He wrote on his sticky notes and stick it there. Blue pen with all capital letters.

DO NOT EAT THESE!!! ESPECIALLY FOR LEE DONGHWA!!!

He giggled happily and about to going out with his apron still on his body. He makes a small jumps before he slipped in the floor with land on it first.

“OUCH!”

And the next thing happened is his brother laughing all the way, his mom running towards him and helped him to stand, and their maid found the cause of his fell. The stupid oil was in floor and it is so damn slippery.

 I am lucky cause I landed on my . Hyukjae won’t see any bruise in my . I am grateful it’s not in my face.

.

.

.

 

Donghae even being unaware with how Ryeowook stared at him whenever they talked about Hyukjae. Donghae didn’t realise how often he defends Hyukjae everytime Ryeowook said he is arrogant, Donghae didn’t know his eyes were sparkling when he saw Hyukjae or when he talked about the guy. He didn’t realise his excited tone when he shared a story about Hyukjae to his best friend. No, he simply too blind to care his habits when it comes to Hyukjae.

Donghae looked at the tote bag he specially brings today. The tote bag contains two lunch boxes and one bottle. He asked about Ryeowook’s opinion of how his food looked like and Ryeowook didn’t need to ask for who those foods and drink are. Who again if it’s not for Hyukjae? Ryeowook slightly pout when he saw the guy entered their classroom and makes his friend blushing deeply.

So, Donghae decided to make simple food. Tteobokki with ramyeon –on one box– and the other box contains chocolates and cookies he baked by himself. On the last minute, he decided to add a drink so he made strawberries mixed with blackberries juice because he heard a lot of good reviews on it.

“You will give him after school?” Ryeowook asked.

“Yeah. I actually wanted to give him at lunch time but I can’t bear the crowds and… being spotlights again.”

So once the bell rang, Donghae quickly tidy all his things. Don’t even care with the notes he hasn’t finished because he knows Ryeowook has done and he can borrowed from his best friend later.

Ryeowook pats his back, shouted ‘good luck’ before he ran out of the room. Donghae smiled happily when he remembered Ryeowook said Jongwoon (his boyfriend) gonna fetch him. They’re so cute, Donghae giggled.

Donghae widened his eyes when he saw Hyukjae is no longer in his class. Grabbed his backpack and tote bag, Donghae rush out from his class and see Hyukjae’s back vaguely in the end of the corridor. He tried to walk as fast as possible but there were so many people. Luckily, he can see Hyukjae entered a room not so far from there.

Once he was finally quite free from people, Donghae quickly rush to the room. He was about to open the door but he stopped halfway when he saw Hyukjae was not alone. Hyukjae was with his best friends, two of them were older a year than him and another one was in the same year with him but not in the same class. From three of his friends, Donghae only knows one, Kim Heechul –older than them.

Donghae sighed and choose to wait outside of the room. He didn’t mean for eavesdropping their conversation but if he back to his class, it’s a big possibility that he would missed Hyukjae. Donghae didn’t dare to predict how many days his food will last so giving it to Hyukjae as fast as possible is the most right thing to do.

Donghae swifts to the left side of the door, he watched the park in front of him attentively. The air was quite warm for winter, flowers were swaying due to the breeze and make the butterflies top of them swaying too, makes it prettier. Donghae didn’t really hear what the boys discussed but he heard one of them asked, “You didn’t go to library, Hyukjae?”

“No, Donghae said he can’t because he has to visit his cousin today.”

That’s right. Donghae has promised to his cousin that he will visit her today because she just gave a birth and Donghae can’t resist to not see her baby. But he can’t go there before give Hyukjae his gift.

“How was Donghae? Hard to teach him?” This one was Heechul’s voice.

Unconciously Donghae forgot how beautiful the park was and started eavesdropping their conversation because they brought up his name.

“Not really. He is good, maybe not really at a few subjects but he is strong on Biology and English.”

“Yeah? That dirt must be looking so cute when he tried to study other subjects that he can’t.”

“What dirt?” Hyukjae asked.

Donghae gasped and hope the boys didn’t tell Hyukjae about that nickname. He doesn’t know if Hyukjae really doesn’t know about his nickname or just pretending but for how he sounded, he really has no idea about the dirt. Oh, no one would feel okay or even likes to be called ‘dirt’, not even Donghae although he acts like it was nothing. No, actually he felt humiliated and shameful every time people called him that eventhough they thought it was fun. Of course, Hyukjae’s friends and other students in his school didn’t know how uncomfortable he is.

“The nickname students gave for him. They kept comparing you and him like a gold and dirt.”

The silence was too awkward for Donghae before he heard an, “Oh.”

Oh? Hyukjae didn’t try to defend him? Why suddenly he felt hurt?

But Donghae stays silent and keep hearing their conversation.

“You didn’t fall for him right, Hyukjae? You can’t. He is so dumb meanwhile you’re good.”

Hyukjae didn’t take a long time to answer, “I am not.”

Donghae didn’t know how he stand directly in front of the door and look at the boys especially Hyukjae. He didn’t know since when the tears rolled on his cheek and the tote bag fell down, causing a loud thump, making the boys inside looking at him with eyes widened. His hands trembling when he saw Hyukjae stood up, there were worry at the guy stares but Donghae wasn’t stupid to just stay there.

At least, Donghae relieved he could run before Hyukjae open the door. He ignores his call and ran as fast as possible. He didn’t know how mess he looked, the tears still rolling and his shoulders keep shaking.

“You didn’t fall for him right, Hyuk Jae? You can’t. He is so dumb meanwhile you’re good.”

“I am not.”

Of course, Hyukjae won’t fall for him because they’re opposites. No matter how close they would be, Hyukjae won’t fall for him. It was Donghae who falls for Hyukjae, it was Dong Hae who stupidly loving something impossible. It was Donghae who always to be called as dirt meanwhile Hyukjae is the gold.

And as the time is not worst enough, suddenly the rain pouring down and makes him instanly soaked but he couldn’t care more because he needs to run.

He needs to stay away from Hyukjae.

He needs to calm himself.

He needs to stop crying.

More than all of that, he needs to cure his broken heart.

.

Have a nice Saturday night, everyone!^^ thanks for reading this:) hope you won't feel bored kkk.