Chapter Five

Following Mr Lee

5

The day after, Hyukjae came to Donghae’s house in the morning. It seriously surprised the shorter guy because they never mentioned to pick up each other thing. But what surprised him more is when he found his mom and his brother teasing Hyukjae and it makes his boyfriend –oh he is so proud to declare this out loud– chuckled shyly.

“H-hyukjae?” Donghae blinked his eyes, he still couldn’t believe what happened in front of his eyes. Lee Hyukjae, picks him up. Oh, can someone hold him now so he won’t fall down and fainted stupidly? Of course, this is like a dream for him. Someone like Lee Hyukjae is his boyfriend now.

This is… incredible.

“Hey,” Hyukjae gives a bright smile. “Ready to go?”

Like someone who got hypnotized, Donghae nods with a rather straight but blushing face which is successful to make his mom and his brother laughed. Donghwa even whistled to .

Hyukjae brought his car, saying it was too cold if they use his motorcycle to go and the road is too slippery since it a little bit snowy. Donghae looked at Hyukjae when his boyfriend suddenly grabs his safety belt which he hasn’t put it on. Their faces are too close, Donghae can even feel his boyfriend’s breath and due of it, he blushing even more.

“I’ll help you to put it on.” Hyukjae said with his y low voice and glanced slightly on his thin lips.

No, Donghae isn’t going to refuse saying Hyukjae is y or handsome because how can he say anything when his heart thumping like crazy? So he just sat and tensed when Hyukjae’s hand slightly touching his stomach. His heart beating a little too fast until he felt the need of holding his breath for a while and slowly but sure, Hyukjae started his engine. They reached out to another block of street, greeting by a lot of car and Christmas decorations from some houses. It looked very pretty and lighten everyone’s mood.

“Anyway,” Hyukjae suddenly said, making him turns his head to his boyfriend again. Hyukjae stopped his car due to the red light and staring attentively to his favorite guy. “You looked cute on that strawberry pyjama.”

Donghae whines when he remembered it. Of course, Hyukjae saw him on pyjama because his mom letting Hyukjae to enter his room while he was sleeping. Moreover, in his strawberry pyjama and hugging his Winnie The Pooh doll.

Oh God…

But he can’t say whether he is blushing because Hyukjae saw him in pyjama or because the compliment. Perhaps it caused by both.

“For your information, my favorite fruit is strawberry.” Hyukjae lets out a chuckle when Donghae’s face blushed even more.

When they stepped on the hall, the whole school stared at them like they are seeing ghosts. Donghae tugging his bag stripes, showing he is uncomfortable with this situation. They received widened-eyes, gasped, even some of the girls shamelessly screamed their lungs out.

They’re not holding each other hand. They’re not even showing couple things or act lovey dovey all the way. Both of them simply walking side by side but once a girl stepped a little too close to Donghae’s direction, Hyukjae immediately pulls him on his back and stare at the girl with an eyebrow raised.

They’re not hugging or feeding each other like mostly the couples in their school do but Donghae guess they know it from the way Hyukjae stares at them and how he protects Donghae everytime they passed a bunch of groups with an obvious pessimistic gaze and other judging expressions.

“Hyukjae!” A guy runs to their direction. He styled his hair high –showing his forehead and he dyed his hair with slightly dark red– and a cocky smile plestered on his face. “Last time you said you don’t like him. I guess… your feeling has changed?”

Oh, that voice.

Donghae remembers this guy who asked Hyukjae if he fell in love with Donghae or not. The guy that likes to share rumours and other nonsense things. The source of his sadness for a few days. After seeing his face clearer, Donghae made a conclusion he also dislike this guy especially when he caught the guy stared at him from head to toe with an underestimate glance.

“Is the dirt—“

“Stop calling him like that.”

“Oh, w—“

“I don’t need your bull. Thanks.”

Donghae with all the students that saw the scene gaped. Hyukjae dragged him softly to pass the still shock guy and continue their walk to the class. They passed Heechul –who was standing near their class and get a whistle and shout, “New couple, wohoooo~”

Hyukjae didn’t say anything but a small smile tugging in his lips. He squeezes Donghae’s hand, makes his boyfriend blushed eventhough it’s just a simple touch. When they reached their class, all of the students opened their mouth widely, including Ryeowook, which is funny for them. This reaction will be memorable for them.

“See you later.” Hyukjae said with a smile.

Eventhough they are couple now, it doesn’t mean they have to sit beside each other or have to spend their break time together. Hyukjae can spend his break time with his friends and Donghae too.

“D-donghae?” Ryeowook’s stuttered just make Donghae wanted to laugh.

“Yeah?”

“… OMG!!! You’re… Hyukjae’s… boyfriend? O-OMG!”

Donghae chuckled and nodded. “Yeah, started from yesterday, I am his boyfriend and—“ Ryeowook was about to say something but stopped by Donghae. He knows his best friend is too excited because… Lee Donghae finally has a boyfriend and his boyfriend is the school’s star. What’s more shocking about it?

“Hey Ryeowook, please calm down! I—”

Suddenly, his phone vibrated. Donghae took out his phone and see one message from Hyukjae. He blushed furiously when he opened it. Hyukjae attached a picture –his picture– which taken around… two minutes ago maybe? Because his hairstyle and his bottle are showing it taken by today –he takes his new bottle today– But he doesn’t know since when he… pout? And the message…

Stop pouting. Your lips looked as tempting as my favorite strawberry pudding if you did that.

“OMG!!! Hyukjae is flirting with you!” Ryeowook’s head suddenly makes an appearance and it’s surprised him. Donghae hits his head lightly before typing back to Hyukjae.

Stop flirting with me!!!

He just didn’t see Hyukjae was laughing when he read that. What a cutie pie, he thought.

.

.

.

“We have to do double date!!! Seriously, I have been thinking about this for God knows how long!” He quickly added when he saw Donghae rolled his eyes, “Since you were single, maybe? Well, Jongwoonie obviously would like it!” Ryeowook whispering to him in the midst of their History class.

Since this morning, his best friend keeps asking him about how they’re together, who falls for the first time, why he choose Hyukjae, and blah blah, too many to count. His best friend is unbeatable when talking about get-ready-to-spill-your-secret. And mostly, Donghae has to surpress his silly smile when Ryeowook asking too much like how was their kiss and does Hyukjae love to hug your waist and nuzzled to your neck?

“Er… I’m not sure Hyukjae—“

“Of course he will like it. I can sense how whipped he is for you.”

“No, it’s not like—“

“EHEM.”

They turned to their teacher almost at the same time and see the old woman staring at them. With a sigh, she said, “Congratulation, Donghae-ssi. Your mark for this test is really good.” A few students glaring at him with big eyes. “I guess, your tutor really taught you with his heart.” And she added a teasing smile, making the girls whines because they are jealous with Donghae’s position and the men just laughed sarcastically. Donghae can’t help but wanted to bury his face on his pillow. He just didn’t know but a few row at the back, Hyukjae also smile with flushing face.

Today, five subjects have released its mark and place it on the school’s wall magazine. Donghae almost burst into tears if only Ryeowook not disturb him by swirling him around and sang a congratulation. His mark… seriously good. Way too good in his opinion.

Maybe he doesn’t get 100 or 98. But 70 or 75 for him is amazing. And its all because of Hyukjae, his boyfriend’s help. From the field, he saw Hyukjae walked with his friends . When their eyes met, Hyukjae sent him a proud smile –which is showed he has looked at his mark.

“Anyway, everyone was talking about you and Hyukjae on instagram,” Ryeowook said on their way to the toilet. He took out his phone and showed it to Donghae and yeah, all their classmate were talking about it either on their instagram story or posted their pictures when they were walking together this morning and mostly was full with comments.

OMG!!! Lee Hyukjae and Lee Donghae? That Lee Donghae?!

Hyukjae, I hope you can realise faster that you’re fall in wrong person!

Lee Hyukjae must be bumped his head too hard until he decided to have a relationship with Donghae!

Oh God, is this the sign of doom day?

Lee Donghae, you seriously so damn lucky. You must be happy that you can use Hyukjae’s brain to help your marks.

Ryeowook sighed when he saw his friend sour expression. Some of them even threw curses but luckily, Donghae privates his instagram and only Ryeowook who knows he has an instagram account. If everyone knows, they sure will tag on him and be wilder.

And finally, the school finish. This time, Hyuk Jae waiting him at the parking field, he sent him a message. So Donghae sent Ryeowook to Jongwoon’s car first before he walked to the parking field. A smile immediately showed at his face when he saw his boyfriend sitting inside and all the bad comments he saw just now suddenly be forgotten.

The walks to their home –Hyukjae concentrately driving his car– was filling with Christmas songs, as Donghae asked. Two days more for school and after that, they will have their holiday.

“Do you have any activity during holiday later?” Donghae asked, remembers about Ryeowook’s idea of double date.

“My family and I will go to our grandma’s house and stay there for five days. I will return here after Christmas. What about you?”

“I will just stay at home. My family mostly live in Seoul.”

So we can’t meet for a few days and in Christmas day.

Donghae is not upset. Of course he understands that Hyukjae also has his own plans. He just… he was wishing they can celebrate Christmas together but turns out…

Okay, another question.

Donghae bites his lower lip as he keeps thinking of the way to ask Hyukjae about Ryeowook’s suggestion. He is not sure his boyfriend would like to join in double date, Hyukjae doesn’t seem like a person who loves to hangout with other people he is not close with. Moreover, Hyukjae and Ryeowook never talked before.

And Jongwoon… well, he is a good guy. Donghae ever talked a few times with him because Ryeowook asked him to go in Jongwoon’s car so they sent him home. Jongwoon is nice and eventhough he is older than them, he can match them really well.

“If you want to ask something, just ask it, Donghae.” Hyukjae suddenly said, making him turns his head and blinked his eyes.

“Hm?”

“Looks like you’re hesitant to ask.”

“…Oh…” Donghae chuckled a bit before sit straighter. “…Well, Ryeowook asked me something when we were in class just now.”

They stopped in front of Donghae’s favorite salad bar, which Donghae recommended because Hyukjae said he wants to eat something healthier. They sat near the window which faces the street and the atmosphere inside was so nice since it’s not really crowded.

“What did he ask?”

“… He asked if you… eum… w-we c-can do a… double date with h-him a-and h-his boyfriend.”

Donghae lets out an awkward laugh when Hyukjae’s expression changed. He doesn’t know what that expression means but he knows it must be hard for Hyukjae especially when he is not the type that love to do that kind of thing with stranger.

“Dong—“

“It’s okay if you don’t like it. I can tell Ryeowook later.”

“I—“

“I-I can e-explain to him. Really.”

“Hey,” Donghae startled when Hyukjae suddenly touched his hand. A warm smile showing from his face as he grabs Donghae’s hand firmly. “I want to do it.”

“B-but—“

“I want to get to know Ryeowook and his boyfriend.”

He should be happy to hear this but Donghae wants to making sure again. He doesn’t want to put Hyukjae in a pressure he shouldn’t be. “It’s okay if you don’t. I-I don’t want you feel uncomfortable later and—”

“Donghae, I want it. Your friends is my friends and my friends also yours.”

Donghae can’t say anything now since Hyukjae’s gaze was so sincere. He just smiles when Hyukjae showing a full warm and honesty in his words and he decided to trust Hyukjae. This relationship is still like a dream for him. Together with Hyukjae as boyfriend, spending time, and their skinship, it’s still like a dream. He never had a relationship before but now… once he has it… he never thought it will be exciting and making him learn many things.

“So, we’re doing double date after Christmas?” Donghae asked, just to make sure one more time.

Hyukjae nodded. “Yes. Double date after Christmas.” And drew a smile that showed his gum.

Donghae has to hold himself to not squeal or kiss his boyfriend’s cheek in public. He just needs to inform Ryeowook after this. Oh now he is really excited and looking forward to the day they have their double date.

.

I tried to post this yesterday but turned out as I was posting an empty chapter hahaha. I thought I was the only one but I felt relieved when I saw many people on Twitter also had same problem. I'm sorry if you guys receive a notification of this update yesterday but saw nothingT.T So here it is, I'm sorry if this is not as what you have expected. And also, I want to thank all of you for reading, upvoting, subscribing, commenting, and even waiting for this update. Thank you so much, everyone! *sending lots of love* Have a nice day, everyone! ^^