STAY

STAY

jihoon is watching with distance when his roommate sneeze and wipe his nose with tissue then throw it at the trash bin.

he's been observing his friend. seungcheol is sneezing non stop for the past 2 days. seungcheol is someone with strong immunity, one who don't get sick easily. he has pretty good endurance, it's probably because he likes sport especially running since young. so to see him suddenly get sick like this is always amusing. he wonder whom he get the virus from.

seungcheol turn his back to face jihoon who's studying him with arms crossed in front of his chest. cereal is forgotten on the table.

"what?" seungcheol ask in annoyance. his head is heavy and he can feel jihoon's brain start forming some idea that he definitely not going to like.

"nothing. i just wonder how did you get your cold."

"i pulled all nighter, my body's immunity just weak that's all."

"does it have anything to do with 2 days ago when you came back early in the morning?"
jihoon remember he went home late at night but found his roommate nowhere to be seen, and only get to see him in the next morning, looking tired while swinging his left arm.

he asked, but seungcheol didn't answer. playing mysterious. then the next day, he caught flu.

"what do you mean?" the young choi was irritated and consume his early caffeine without looking at his friend's suspicious eyes.

jihoon can be quite dense, but he can also be a pain in the when he's curious about something.

"you were healthy couple days ago. and then you get sick so suddenly. cold can only contaminating that fast through direct contact." jihoon paused.

"such as staying in the same room as the sick person, drinking from the same bottle. or through kiss."

seungcheol diverted his eyes at anything but jihoon.

hah. bingo.

"who did you kiss?"

seungcheol quickly get up from his seat, he threw half of the coffee in the sink awkwardly and wash the cup in silence. he can feel jihoon's smirk from behind him.

"did jeonghan sick? did you kiss him?"

an image of sleeping jeonghan and the taste of the soft pink lips still strong in his head. but he's not going to tell jihoon. he's not going to make his friend has the upper hand to .

"what are you talking about?" is his only rebuttal before escaping his way from the kitchen, away from jihoon's amusement stare. he grab his phone on the table, open the lock screen to check the notification only to curse softly, he really need to stop this habit.

the action earning him a hearty laugh from the shorter guy in the kitchen. he sulk as he slam his bedroom door.

the only reason he kissed jeonghan was only to ease him from the cold. the virus from the cold easily transferred through body contact, seungcheol used to playfully stealing kisses from jeonghan when the man caught with flu, so he can get contaminated with it too so jeonghan can heal faster. the method proved effective.

also it's because jeonghan hate medicine, the guy prefer to suffer from the pain than drink his medicine on daily basis.

and seungcheol prefer carrying the burden than to see his boyfriend looking weak and sick.

what he did few days ago was purely on habit, nothing more.

inside the bedroom he flop his on the comfy but messy bed. His eyes darted back at the square device beside him, hesitating. when his heart finally winning the battle against his conscience seungcheol open the chat box and start typing, sniffing once in a while. he's contemplated whether it's okay to send it now. but end up push the send button anyway.

'how's your cold?'

he's caring as friend, he convinced himself. they can break up, but they're still friend.

it takes few minutes when seungcheol get his reply.

'i feel better. thx.'

he quickly punch the keyboard again 'don't forget your medicine,'

he know jeonghan will ignore his advice, but at least he try.

'ok' is the only reply he receive.

seungcheol lay his body on the bed with a huge sigh, phone left forgotten beside him.

the answer were short and cold. but what he expected?

*+*+*+*

"matchmaking?"

seungcheol scoff at the idea that jun propose when they're in the class waiting for their teacher.

wonwoo seem interested at the idea because the man is no longer focusing on his mobile game and lean in to hear more.

"who will join?" the man in glasses ask.

"you want to go wonwoo ya?" seungcheol ask in disbelieve.

"it will be from some dept. a friend of my friend's friend's friend, wait-"

seungcheol chuckle at jun's explanation. the chinese guy can get easily confused over things like this.

seungcheol doesn't like idea of this kind of gathering. matchmaking, it's sound like an excuse just to get an easy one night stand. and one night stand is a thing he never did or interested. jeonghan was enough to keep him "busy" all these years.

"anyway," jun continue after giving up at finding the root of information, clapping his hand when he see seungcheol is in trance "minghao's friend from business faculty will host a matchmaking even in a small bar near here. the participant i know are from business, arts and language faculty."

"whoaa that's elite departments" wonwoo tilting his head.

"i'm not going, not interested." seungcheol take a tissue and wipe his runny nose.

"why? you're single now" jun protest at his friend. one of the reason he accept the invitation was because he want to help seungcheol to move on.

the man has change a little bit after his separation with his long time boyfriend. for a reason he and wonwoo couldn't even understand. seungcheol used to be bright and cheeky, but the past week the man just lost that brightness. like he lost half of his soul.

even jun can see seungcheol has hard time adapting to this new life without jeonghan. he can see the man try hard but also definitely not hard enough that made jun rolled his eyes.

not even wonwoo can help him. so that's bad.

"you don't have to get a date right away. but there are new people, who know there's someone who will catch your attention."

"or you can just hang around and drink." wonwoo added.

jun nod at the initiative. that will do too.

"who's the host?" wonwoo ask again.

"minghao's friend, i forgot the name. i didn't know him."

seungcheol still doesn't like the idea, but he understand his friends good intention. he just wonder if this is a good decision.

"take jihoon with you too. minghao said there are still lots of spots. and don't worry, this is just our inner circle. just people we know, so it won't be awkward."

taking jihoon? now that's a good idea. probably he can have a new weapon for blackmail later. seungcheol smirk.

"fine i'm coming. put jihoon in it too."

"me too" wonwoo chirped in cheerfully.

jun smile widely when be grab his phone and quickly chat his friend.

'minghao, i can get you 3 more people for the event.'

'cool~ i'll tell mingyu. i think we have enough people too.'
was the other person's answer.

*+*+*+*

coincidence can be a pain in the . he had already know this is a bad decision. seungcheol sighed hard when he enter the large room for the matchmaking event and his eyes automatically caught a certain familiar face on the corner of the room, giggle over a man who's sitting beside him.

the slight punch in the guts at realizing his ex boyfriend currently enjoying his new life as single man makes him angry. this is like an insult to their 7 years history together. wiped away in just 2 weeks. he snort. 

sure it's seungcheol who ask for the break up, and he has no right to forbid jeonghan to date whoever he want to, but did their relationship meant nothing? he can start a new relationship this soon? can't he wait for like a month or two before start dating someone else? the disrespect.

not even seungcheol interested in starting a new one.
he wonder if he value jeonghan wrongly all this time.

he's about to turn on his heels to get out of the room, but all his 3 friends are guarding the door, blocking him knowingly about his next move.

"do you all know about this?" he hissed.

"no," jun scratch his head, "we didn't know. and didn't expect to see him here too,"

"let's just sit, we don't want to ruin the event," wonwoo pat him on the shoulder then forcefully turn his friend around.

the man in glasses shift his eyes toward his friend's ex boyfriend whom by now laughing awkwardly, seems affected by their presence. the man beside him offer jeonghan a glass of alcohol, and smile warmly.

he has pretty smile, he thought unconsciously.

wonwoo stare a little bit too long that he doesn't realize the handsome man is now staring at him too. he blinks his eyes innocently then sit when jun get him a chair.

seungcheol gulp the hot liquid into his throat after he sit down on the sofa near the door. he doesn't care if his cold will get worse after this. as long as he can distract himself from the man on the other side of the table who seems chummy with a tall guy who's definitely look interested in jeonghan.

*+*+*

jeonghan totally does not expecting this.

he was laughing at mingyu's joke and looking at the door when a small group of people he knew well walk in. all 4 pairs of eyes met his and he's frozen. jisoo see this too and grab his hand to comfort him, the man tried to distract him with another topic and shifted their attention back to mingyu, all the while covering jeonghan's view from seungcheol and his gang.

jeonghan smile when mingyu ask him question, but one would know he's no longer focus on the conversation. half of his mind is filled with disappointment at the realization that seungcheol is here, on a matchmaking event.

after being chummy with someone in a cafe now a matchmaking event? and just 2 weeks after breaking up?

amazing. now he feels like a joke. their relationship must be really boring that the man very eager to find a new one this fast.

at least jeonghan has his reason to be here. he's dragged and forced here. jeonghan already can feel jisoo is ready to throw laser shot at seungcheol too, he sigh. this is going to be a long night.

half people in the room know about their history and it begin to be awkward. seokmin especially is pale when he learned that the 4 people from graphic design faculty that mingyu's friend brought has choi seungcheol , wonwoo and jihoon in it.

lesson number one, next time he must check the attendance's name.

this of course earn him a glare from a certain mingyu. but nothing can be done now so the show must go on. he laugh awkwardly.

he as the host tried to make everyone comfortable by making them singing the karaoke portable in the room. some kids really know how to entertain themselves so with times the situation in the room change brighter and filled with laughter as everyone start getting drunk.

mingyu is offering jeonghan another shot of alcohol which jeonghan accept with smile. he's not really good at drinking, but he think he will really need the help of booze to distract him from his ex boyfriend.

kim mingyu is definitely interested in him, jeonghan can see it. jeonghan know mingyu from a seminar about internship at this large company a few months ago, they sit side by side realizing they only knew each other from the same university. kim mingyu is a great person, very approachable and easy to talk with. when they see each other again in university they always wave their hands as greeting. but the man didn't try to approach him more than that.

it's quite awkward, to be courted by someone after so long. jeonghan can't say he like it or dislike it, but mingyu is a good man. polite and entertaining. jisoo especially keep trying to help mingyu's advance, it was obvious.

he countless time nudging his friend to stop, but it seems the booze and his anger toward seungcheol only pilling up and make jisoo more hyper.

"i know it's awkward, but you need to relax a bit more," the tall handsome guy from the business dept give him a wide charming smile.

jeonghan accept the toss mingyu offered, he winced at the bitter taste of his drink that earn him a laugh from the other guy.

"want to go find fresh air?" mingyu offered to put his alcohol down and lean in close to whisper at jeonghan. the blonde looking at him in surprised, not used to have stranger this close to him.

"i- i'm okay here," he stuttered.

"but don't you want to be free from your ex boyfriend? i can see you feel uneasy jeonghan sshi,"

mingyu smile in understanding and jeonghan in his half dazed mind is surprised mingyu know about seungcheol, but well who doesn't? they're pretty famous as longtime lovers. his eyes following mingyu who stand up and give his hand to help him up.

"go with him, it's better than here," jisoo encourage him to take mingyu's hand.

when jeonghan grab mingyu's hand and walk pass seungcheol's seat, his eyes can't help but trying to seek his ex boyfriend, wishing to see some reaction. but when the man only bother with his alcohol and the cute boy beside him, his heart is crushed once again.

*+*+*

"it's better here right?"

ask mingyu whom finally back after getting them water to sober themselves. his boyish grin is really cute and it's contagious. jeonghan is staring at the tall figure, thanking him for the water and gulp the fresh liquid.

they're in an area behind the bar. there's a cement bench that facing the small river. the night is cold, but the wind is really refreshing and able to wash the stuffiness in his heart. it help clearing his mind.

he's humming his answer. eyes staring straight at the river in front of him. he feel mingyu's gaze at him but he choose to ignore it.

"it's a small world right?" mingyu chuckle
"to meet in this kind of event, must be awkward."

jeonghan humm again, he doesn't feel like talking currently.

"i have something to confess to you," the man suddenly speak after long silence.

jeonghan shifted his brown eyes at the charming man, who's staring straight at him with sincere eyes.he feels uneasy at the dark brown eyes boring through his soul.

"i know this is too sudden and we just barely know each other," the man started, "but i like you, yoon jeonghan sshi,"

jeonghan's gape, he open his mouth, trying to find a word to this sudden confession. not like he doesn't expecting this. his brows furrowed, but this is too soon, too fast, he doesn't like this.

it seems mingyu can read what's in his mind. he carefully take jeonghan's left hand and when jeonghan doesn't pull back, he tighten his grip.

"i know you think it's too early and i understand that."
jeonghan's heart start pounding hard when the man staring at him lovingly.

"let's start slowly,"
"just please give me a chance."

*+*+*+*

"wow that's a good news," jisoo whistle at the fast progress between his friend and the handsome tall guy from the matchmaking event.

jeonghan scrunch up his nose as he push the shopping cart, moving from snack aisle to beverage. he need to stock on his strawberry milk. jeonghan and jisoo are currently in supermarket near their school, shopping for their monthly necessity.

"i still think this is not right, i'm not ready." jeonghan said frustratingly.

the golden brown haired boy quickly step in front of the cart that his friend is pushing, leaning in with a deep frown.

"kim mingyu is a great catch. better. far far far far far better than choi seungcheol. grab that chance and bang that ."

jeonghan push a pack of plastic bread that he hold onto the filthy mouth of his friend.

"your mouth is getting wild these days," jeonghan left the cart in jisoo's care. he make a humph sound and stomp his feet to the next aisle. ignoring jisoo's panicked call.

he's flattered, really, mingyu was so gentle that night. he know jeonghan need more time, and he said he'll wait, as long as jeonghan willing to accept his approach.

mingyu then asked him for a dinner date this weekend, and jeonghan didn't have the heart to reject it. not after that puppy eyed mingyu gave him, so he said yes.

and jisoo seems happier about this more than him.

jeonghan finally find the beverage aisle he's looking when his eyes catch a glimpse of familiar face on his right.

"jihoon ah," he called and walk toward seungcheol's roommate slash best friend.

the shorter guy is wearing loose shirt and short baggy pants, looking so comfortable with his slipper. jihoon wave at him, smiling warmly from the health section.

"what are you doing here?"
jeonghan take a look at the 2 small pack of anti fever pad in jihoon's hand.

"are you sick?"

jihoon return one of the pad into the shelf and choose another brand.
"not me. but your dumb ex boyfriend."

jeonghan can feel his heart stop moving when he heard jihoon's answer. seungcheol's sick?

"he caught cold and after drunk himself at the matchmaking event he walk home in thin clothes at midnight. so now he's dying."

jeonghan can't decide whether to laugh or not at jihoon's explanation. with jihoon, the line between serious and jokes are just thin line. only seungcheol who can understand his humor taste. maybe that's why they're best friend.

"did you take him to doctor?" he tried to sound natural, but by the way jihoon side eyeing him he knew jeonghan lied. he's really worried.

"i don't think doctor can cure stupidity," jihoon murmured in annoyance.
"he's okay, don't worry. it's not to the extent of needing a doctor. that guy is like a bull, let him rest he'll be ready to fight again."

jeonghan pout, jihoon is right. seungcheol really has a good body immunity. when he's sick he only need to drink medicine once or twice, rest a whole day, eat a lot then he'll be revive again like nothing happen. sometimes jeonghan really envy him.

"but how did he get cold?" he ask after few seconds of silence.

jihoon doesn't answer, instead he put up 2 fever pad in front of his face. asking jeonghan silently to choose. jeonghan pick the red one on jihoon's left hand.

it's the brand that seungcheol usually use.

"last week he's back to the apartment early in the morning. after that he start sneezing non stop. who do you think contaminated him?"

last week? return early in the morning? jeonghan tilt his head.

jihoon is staring at jeonghan knowingly especially after the blonde beauty blush without he realize it. the man seems to have silence confrontation with his inner heart because he's frowning and biting his bottom lip.

the shorter one shakes his head in disbelieve.

what a stupid couple.

he want to add that actually what made seungcheol's cold worsen was because the man saw jeonghan and that tall guy from the matchmaking event hold hand and staring at each other as if they're living in their own world.

the sight seems to hit seungcheol hard. jihoon was following the drunk man out of the bar, just in case if he made a fuss. but after witnessing what happen near the river he secretly pitied his best friend, who's scoffing, acting angry when deep inside, jihoon can see he didn't fully let go of jeonghan.

then why did he ask for a break up if he's going to act like this?

he followed seungcheol home that night, both walking on foot with jiihoon few steps behind, shuddering from the cold wind even though he's clad in thick jacket. while on the other hand, seungcheol was only in a thin shirt.

he didn't try to disturb his friend mourning moment. serve him right, the man need to bear his own consequence for being dense and stupid.

"jeonghan ah!"

the 2 turn their head toward the source of the voice that's jisoo. it's jihoon's cue and decided to leave. he just came to the supermarket to buy fever pad for his roommate and get them lunch.

but jihoon was called when he just about to walk out of the supermarket. by none other yoon jeonghan.

*+*+*+*

seungcheol is zoning out in the sofa of their living room. his body is burning hot, head dizzy and his body is too heavy to move, so he just slump like a log on the comfortable couch. hugging himself to get some warmth.

he's sneezing hard and try to reach the tissue box on the table when he heard the front door open up. he take a peek from the couch and greet his roommate with hoarse voice.

"i'm starving, i thought you won't come back,"

"if i don't come back i'd have to get rid of corpse, and it'll be a hassle." the shorter one walk into the kitchen, carrying few plastic bag.

seungcheol happily skip to the kitchen, hopping to the nearest chair and sniffing while waiting for jihoon to unpack their lunch like a little boy. his eyes catch the sight of the other plastic bag, he curiously open it and gleam with joy when he find peach, his favorite fruit in it.

"you're the bestest friend i ever had. thank you for buying me peach too, you really know my favorite." seungcheol cling to his best friend since high school, hugging him tight on the waist even though the younger one tried hard to pry him off of him.

jihoon snort and sigh after the sick man finally let him go. watching him happily take out the fruit, wipe it on his shirt then take a huge bite. in delight. his mother always send him peach whenever he's sick. this time he didn't tell the older woman because he think it's just a little fever after all.

jihoon flop to the chair beside seungcheol, open the cover of their ramen and start digging his own food.

"don't say thanks to me. say it to jeonghan."

seungcheol stop munching, his eyes slowly moving to stare at jihoon with surprised.

"we met in the supermarket and i told him you caught cold so he told me to give this to you,"

jihoon finally met his friend's dumbfounded look. mouth still wide open, showing some unchew peach. he rolled his eyes.

"you didn't say anything weird to him right?" seungcheol's voice is stern and serious.

jihoon blow his hot noodle before answering "like what?"

the graphic design student shifted his eyes at the half bitten peach, "anything that make him think things,"

"do you expect him to crawl back to you?"

no answer.

"you think so highly of yourself,"

seungcheol laugh bitterly, "i know right? what for?" he continue biting his fruit, pretending to be happy, as if nothing wrong, "he has a new boyfriend already, and he looks happy,"

"he move on. just like you," jihoon meant it as a mock toward the dense man.

and it seems to hit bullseye.

because seungcheol stop smiling and put the peach down. he grab the other ramen in front of jihoon who keep watching him close.

yes. the beautiful man move on. but why does that fact make his heart hurt? he's the one who let him go.

the ramen used to taste delicious, seungcheol thought while munch the noodle slowly. usually he could finish it in less than 5 minutes, but today somehow it doesn't taste like it used to be. is the cook change? or is it because he's sick so his taste bud acting out?

he lost his appetite.

"where are you going?"

seungcheol scratch his back head as he return to his room with a weak steps, jihoon's question doesn't stop him from walking away

"sleeping, i don't feel like eating,"

"at least finish your peach,"

"later,"
is seungcheol last answer before he slam his bedroom door close.

*+*+*

"here, your coffee,"

jeonghan has return from his trance, surprise at the sight of ice coffee presented in front of his eyes. he quickly accept it and thanking mingyu who chuckle lightly at his antics.

he's embarrassed from getting caught daydreaming. it's because jihoon's words keep ringing in his ears since yesterday. when he heard seungcheol have been caught flu since last week, was it because of him?

seungcheol stayed with him until morning, he was sure, and they're cuddling all night. he vaguely remember that night, he dream of kissing seungcheol. that's why he wake up feeling so sad in the morning because he's that deprived of his ex boyfriend's touch.

but maybe it's not really a dream?

jeonghan kind of wonder how his cold didn't last long this time, thinking maybe his immunity just get better after a good rest and warm porridge.

he touch his lips unconsciously. did seungcheol really kissed him?
his ex boyfriend could never rest well whenever jeonghan sick. especially when he's caught with flu, which was often, and seungcheol would become a nagging parrot to remind him to drink his cold medicine.

he also love to steal kisses from him that made seungcheol contaminated with one. the situation usually end up like now, jeonghan will healed but it's seungcheol who will get sick in his replacement.

jeonghan used to call this method dumb, but seungcheol would always laugh it off. he didn't understand what make him happy for being sick.

but why did seungcheol kiss him?

a surge of warmth filling his heart. his heart beating a little bit harder as hope start filling his body. and that moment the urge to see the man just get stronger. he really want to see seungcheol.

he want to ask, maybe, just maybe the man has change his mind.

"do you have something on your mind? you look restless," mingyu speak after studying the man who sit opposite his.

they're in a coffee shop near their university. taking some break together in between classes. mingyu found the beautiful blonde man daydreaming alone on the bench under the tree near the pond and ask him for a coffee. jeonghan looks unfocused today like his body and his mind not in the same place.

"ah no, i'm sorry,"

"what are you being sorry for?" mingyu smile again.

jeonghan feels really bad when he's fidgeting on mingyu's full attention. he want to get out of here and find seungcheol, but it would be rude to do so. mingyu has been nothing but a great companion.

"what time is your next class?" jeonghan ask in a little desperation.

if he remember right, seungcheol should be done with all his classes, the man is probably in his game room, in the basement where the game club placed.

mingyu's face fall flat at the question. he bite his bottom lip when  disappointment fill his head. he should have expecting this, the man is not going to give him any chance, is he?

"why? do you have appointment?" mingyu put on his best smile.

he's not going to be angry at this. jeonghan still very much emotionally attached to his previous relationship. it's not an easy thing to just forget a long time lovers, not in a blink of eyes, nor thousands blinks. he must be more understanding, he still has his chance and he's not going to give up this fast.

kim mingyu is a competitive person, he doesn't like to back off from a war he just step in to. you never know the result of your own perseverance, you never know when chance and luck strike and will make you win. all you need is time and patience.

he's sure he's better than jeonghan's ex boyfriend, he can treat jeonghan better, love him more and he'd prove it.

he didn't know if he'd fell head over heels on someone he just met like this, and taken too apparently. but on their first meeting in that seminar he just fell for the way jeonghan smile, the way he laugh and how jeonghan's mind works. it's quite severe that the moment the news of their broke up reach his ears and seokmin manage to grab him opportunity for approaching him, he take the chance without thinking twice.

he want jeonghan for himself.

"no, i don't" jeonghan answer while looking away. hands playing with coffee cup.

he lied. it's too obvious. mingyu sigh softly, it's no use to be persistence on holding jeonghan now. being forceful won't give him good marks anyway.

"well actually i have to meet my friend in 30 minutes, if you have something to do, please, don't mind me"

"huh? is that okay?"

"of course it's okay, go, thank you for accompanying me just now."

mingyu want to pat himself on the back for being the good guy, he grimace when jeonghan pack his belonging and dash out. without second look. nor even taking the coffee with him.

it's a pitiful situation.

"goodness, i'm so pathetic," he slump his body on the table, using his right arm as pillow while huffing at the window. he can see jeonghan cross the street hurriedly, almost bumping an old lady and quickly bow to apologize before running again.

*+*+*+*

wonwoo taking off the hoodie of his head, he sip his latte and munching the boba pearl in the beverage. he love the boba in this coffee shop, chewy but not sticky to his teeth. his eyes watching when jeonghan apologize to the old woman he bump into and shake his head. what is he hurried for? seungcheol would stuck his for a looooong time in the game club. if his prediction is correct.

good thing his friend didn't join him here in the coffee shop. or else he'd be burning with not only fever but also jealousy.

wonwoo heard a loud sigh from behind him. he turn his head while sipping the ice latte and see a disappointed puppy like man laying his head on the table. eyes staring far far away at the window.

"goodness, i'm so pathetic,"

he's watching with interest and rose up from his seat. taking his latte with him, wonwoo walk to where jeonghan previously sit.

"can i sit here?"

kim mingyu forced himself to sit straight again and stare at the stranger in front of him. purplish gray hair, round glasses, oversize hoodie with paw sleeve. thin lips sipping milk tea while looking down at him. he blink his eyes, feeling familiar with this person but he can't remember where he saw him before.

"who are you?"

wonwoo shaking his latte, to spread the sweetness that's start gravitated to the bottom of the cup. he need to order with less ice next time.

"wonwoo, jeon wonwoo."

mingyu furrowed his brows. still don't understand and can't recognize the name.

"well, of course you don't know me. i'm seungcheol's friend."

mingyu take a deep breath at the familiar name. good, now he has jeonghan's ex boyfriend's friend eavesdropping him and see him get dumped. real great.

"what do you want?" he ask again irritatingly.

"sit here?"

mingyu glared at the tall man in glasses, who still looks like he did nothing wrong, waiting obediently for his permission.

"up to you,"

his dark brown eyes watching when the man hop down in glee, pushing jeonghan's coffee to the side. mingyu crossed his arms in front of his chest, waiting until the boy with purple hair looking at him.

"now be serious, what do you want?"
he's ready to fight for his pride. today's embarrassment was enough hit for him. he ain't let a stranger underestimating him.

"i'm helping to make you be less pathetic."

mingyu can feel his eyes twitched at the answer. so he's really eavesdropping.

"we don't know each other,"

"we do," wonwoo cut him off, "well, not exactly directly know each other,"

mingyu raise his eyebrows, kind of curious. they did?
he watch his amusement when wonwoo take a break before answering by sipping his latte again, taking his time in this world. it's like a slow motion in mingyu's eyes.
does this person here thinking he's shooting for some music video?

"we meet at the matchmaking event few days ago,"

it take few seconds for mingyu to comprehend the sentence.

"ah" mingyu finally remember.

this guy here is one of the 3 people who came with choi seungcheol. he remember there's a guy who keep glancing at him from time to time. he can feel it, well, it's not hard anyway when this man here didn't even try to shy away when mingyu caught him looking.

it's irritating, because in 1 way, it seems he's checking on mingyu, in another way, that monolid eyes doesn't even flinch, it's like challenging him. it's mingyu who had to turn away in the end and get distracted from yoon jeonghan.

"why are you sitting here? trying to mock me?"

wonwoo scrunch up his nose, it's cute, mingyu me tally want to slap his brain for thinking that way. this is escalating fast from what he was thinking just 3 seconds ago. he distract himself by staring the other way, at the counter where some customer having their order taken.

pouting.

"it's my bad habit," the man start,

mingyu diverted his attention back at the low baritone voice's owner.

"i can't stand abandoned puppy,"

mingyu shot him a deathly glare, but the man happily slurping another boba pearl while looking outside the window.

what can he do? his bad habit just really can't be ignored.

*+*+*+*+*