Third: "HIS DECISION" (part 2)

The Proposal
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Mark was awakened by the noises coming from downstairs. The noise was the kind made by people... specifically kids. He could hear loud laughs and giggles even squeals followed by the sound of stomping feets as if they were running around. 

Without even glancing at the clock on the bedside table, Mark knows it's still early in the morning, probably around 7?

Mark wanted to stretch his arms but he could only do it with his right arm since his left arm was made a pillow where Jinyoung is resting his head right now. Mark chose not to mind though, despite of the possibility of having an arm strain once they both get up from bed. But as he recalled how Jinyoung listened to him last night which was one of those rare times when he felt vulnerable, Mark could only smile to himself. He didn't think he'll hear such words from Jinyoung. Just then, he felt Jinyoung moving a bit probably he's near to waking up. However, Mark didn't move away. Instead, he stared down at the younger and watched him. As he waited for those eyes to flutter open, Mark recalled how Jinyoung squeezed himself closer to him last night saying, It's not everyday that I get to see this soft side of yours. Let me live in the moment. Why he's smiling like an idiot right now, Mark refuses to explain.

A few seconds and as expected, Jinyoung opened his eyes, finally waking up. "What's the noise all about?" The younger asked, sounding like a whining child. His eyes adjusted to the sunlight and gazed at him with a questioning look.

Mark shrugged his shoulder. "I don't know but they're coming from downstairs." He saw as Jinyoung creased his forehead so he asked. "Were you expecting some visitors?"

It took a few more seconds before Jinyoung's creased brows disappeared and were replaced by the face of realization. "Oh right! They did say they'll arrive today."

"They?" Mark repeats, to which Jinyoung nods.

"My cousins Heechul hyung and Chansung hyung." Jinyoung answered. "They said they'll bring their wives and children too. That means I'll be seeing my nieces and nephews." 

Mark could sense the excitement from Jinyoung while he watches the younger as he gets up from bed and fix himself in the mirror. Jinyoung said that it's been years since he left home so it's normal that he's more than thrilled to see his relatives again. Mark can't relate to this kind of feeling since he's been far from home for much longer that Jinyoung has been.

"Aren't you getting up?" Jinyoung asked him after he finished combing his hair and making himself look decent despite the fact that he's just woken up. 

Mark nodded. "Uh, yes. Okay." then he got up from bed too and wore his slippers.

"I'll need to introduce you to them. I guess Heechul hyung and Chansung hyung already heard about us planning to get married. Yugyeom should've told them since I can't expect that brat to keep his mouth shut about anything." Jinyoung says this while rolling his eyes. "Before we go downstairs, let me just warn you. My cousins might be annoying and my nieces and newphews could be a handful. But if you handles Yugyeom well then, I guess you'll be good."

"Okay." is all Mark could say.

"So... let's go?" When he nodded, Jinyoung lend his hand out for him to take which made him frown. "We need to act like couples in love. Holding each other's hands is a bare minimum. Come on, Mark. Just hold my hand."

And not wanting to act like an idiot, Mark complies.

 

 

︵‿︵‿୨♡୧‿︵‿︵

 

When they got downstairs, as what he has imagined earlier, in fact there were kids running around the living room. Mark saw two men who look a few years older than him and as soon as they called Jinyoung, he immediately recognized them as Jinyoung's cousins. Upon the mention of Jinyoung's names, the four kids who were running around the house stopped on moving and turned to look at them who are still standing at the foot of the stairs. 

"UNCLE JINYOUNG!!!" And soon the little kids shouted and started running towards the direction of Jinyoung who has his arms wide open, waiting for the young ones to jump on him. 

They all look cute except for Yugyeom who also playfully jumped on his hyung. That earned him a smack on the head from Jinyoung. 

"Oh God! You've all grown so much!" Jinyoung said as he tapped each of the kids' heads, ruffling their hair in the process. This gesture made the kids giggle, obviously enjoying what they're uncle is doing while wearing that fond smile.

"Of course they did! Since it's been a while since you last saw them." The taller of the two guys said, catching Jinyoung's attention.

"Who even allowed you to disappear on us so suddenly like that, huh? You punk!" The other one said, putting his hands on his waist and giving Jinyoung a nagging look.

"I'm sorry, hyungs." Jinyoung said before getting on his feet and making his way towards his cousins. They got together in a hug, tapping each others' backs. "I missed you both!"

"Yah! How come you didn't tell me that when you first came back home?" That would be Yugyeom, whining while stomping his foot. Mark could only snicker at the younger.

Mark just stood there while Jinyoung reunites with his cousins, and while Yugyeom collects the kids. It didn't take long before Jinyoung seem to remember that he was still there so, the younger turned to him as he detaches from his hug with his cousins. 

"By the way, hyungs. I would like you to meet, Mark- my fiance." Still, the use of the word makes Mark feel a slight of discomfort but it subsided a bit compared to how it felt the first time Jinyoung refered to him as that. 

Jinyoung held out his hand for him so Mark walked closer and reached his hand. As soon as they stood next to each other, Jinyoung's hand slid and rested on the side of his waist and it seemed natural. It's as if it's a natural thing Jinyoung usually does. 

"Babe, these are my cousins. Heechul hyung and Chansung hyung." Mark shook hands with them both. Jinyoung then gestured for the two ladies who were standing next to Heechul and Chansung. "And these are their wives. Hani and Jin Hee noona." Again, he shook hands with the two ladies.

"How come you have bagged a very good looking guy, huh Jinyoung?" Hani asked in a teasing tone.

"You're saying that as if I don't look fairly good myself, noona." And Jinyoung's response had them laughing. "Oh before I forgot, babe. These kids are my nieces and nephews." Jinyoung gestured for the kids to come near them and they quickly followed. "These two are Chansung hyung's children- Daehyun and Ilhoon. While these two are Heechul hyung's children- Nayeon and Sungjae."

"Hello, there." Mark coos at them, doing the same thing Jinyoung did which was ruffling their hair.

"Hello, Uncle Mark!" The kids greeted him in chorus and Mark could only laugh at their cuteness. 

"Will you play with us?" Sungjae asked him.

"Uncle Yugyeom says he'll play with us. Would you play with us too?" Now it's Daehyun who is asking him.

Mark can't possibly say no to those hopeful eyes so he just nodded. "Alright. I will play with you guys."

 

︵‿︵‿୨♡୧‿︵‿︵

 

After Jinyoung introduced them, they all ate breakfast together with Jinyoung's parents. They then went upstairs to their room to freshen up and ready theirselves for the kids since they both promised that they will play with them.

For the rest of the morning, they all played at the mansion's yard. How Mark wished he had the same high energy as Yugyeom so he won't get tired easily after running around and chasing the kids who seems to find running as their favorite activity. Jinyoung was not wrong when he said that the kids were a handful. Daehyun and Sungjae were the most active out of them four but Nayeon and Ilhoon were the naughtiest since they enjoy making fun of their sister and brother so much. Mark however thinks this is probably the time when he laughed the most. His stomach almost hurt because he was laughing too much. They only managed to rest when it was lunch time but after that, the kids were dragging him again and they resumed to playing.

It was around 3 in the afternoon when Chansung and Heechul called on Jinyoung and invited him to go fishing so they'll have something to eat for dinner. Jinyoung's mom said she'll love to eat grilled seafood later this evening so the three guys decided to go fishing. 

At first, the kids didn't want Jinyoung to leave, but they then changed their minds and said Jinyoung could go if the younger gives him a kiss. As soon as Daehyun says her condition, Mark could see how Yugyeom was grinning beside Sungjae who is smiling at him as well. Mark was about to wave his hands to dismiss what Daehyun has demanded but Jinyoungmight have something else in mind because before he could even say something, Jinyoung was saying, "Alright." This made Mark panic, all the more when he saw Jinyoung turning his face to him. The younger cupped his face and Mark almost stopped functioning wondering why Jinyoung even thought of going through with Daehyun's wish. At last, Mark could only close his eyes as Jinyoung leaned in closer. But when he felt the younger's lips touch his forehead instead of his lips, Mark felt like an idiot. What was he even thinking?

 

By 7 pm, everyone was already gathered outside around the table which the maids had set up. They all enjoyed the food that was cooked by Hani, Jin Hee and Jinyoung's mom. After eating, their stomachs were all full. The guys volunteered on clearing the table while Hani and Jin Hee said they're gonna need to prepare the kids for bed. Mark just thought of helping Jinyoung's mom in taking care of the dishes. Although they have lots of maids, Mrs. Park prefers to do these little chores herself.

It was while they were washing the dishes when the older suddenly brought up the topic about Jinyoung coming back home. Mrs. Park thanked him because she believes that Mark is a bigger reason why Jinyoung felt the need to return. "I feel happy that my son met someone like you. And I am more than happy to welcome you to our family, Mark. And since you'll be one of us now, I would love it more if you will start calling me your 'mom'. If that will be alright with you." Mark can't explain how he felt while she was saying this to him. But even after he went upstairs and inside his shared room with Jinyoung, he still can't seem to shake the heavy feeling off his chest.

And maybe, Jinyoung noticed it too because the younger won't stop asking him about it.

They were both lying on the bed, facing the ceiling when Jinyoung asked him if he's okay. "Were you that exhausted because of the kids? I did warn you that they're a handful." Mark didn't answer and just remained staring at the ceiling. "Hey, Mark? Do you have nieces and nephews too? Back in LA, I mean?"

Mark answered with a nod and a short "yeah".

"I also like to meet them, then." Jinyoung told him and is now facing him as the younger lies on his side. Mark turned his face a bit so he could see Jinyoung's face. "Why are you frowning like that? I am just saying... wouldn't you need to introduce me to them too? I mean, not now maybe but... someday. I mean when you're ready to see them again. I could go with you and then, I could meet your parents and your nieces and nephews. I bet they would like me too just as much as my family likes you."

Those words are meant to sound sincere, Mark knows. But he wasn't able to stop himself from feeling a sudden struck of guilt as soon as he heard these from Jinyoung- about him wanting to meet his family too? And the last thing Jinyoung said about his family liking him. It suddenly reminded him of what Jinyoung's mom told him a while ago. Suddenly, Mark was reminded of how kind and welcoming everyone in Jinyoung's family were. And suddenly, he was reminded that none of these is real. That he's just here to get their approval, so he can get on with his plan of marrying Jinyoung for his own advantage. And it made him feel sick. It's like he wants to throw up.

He got up in an instant and sat back at the bed's headboard all too suddenly, it made a sound. His sudden movement alerted Jinyoung and was quick to follow him into sitting up too. Mark felt li

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter