Don't Stop, Can't Stop.....(Part 2)

Tales After Dark 5 (2PM's Horror Hour)

Hey Everyone! I know that the Coronavirus has been taking over the world and some people and places are in lockdown. It's not an easy time for everyone and to all my readers, take care of yourselves and stay safe within your homes. Here is the second part of story with a flashback and a fight to the finish!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The full moon was gleaming in the night where the night has fallen and everyone in the neighbourhood are walking around as werewolves, waiting for the next person to be filled and eaten for feasts. Jun.K and Wooyoung are inside a house with their grandmother, Sungkyu, Hyeoyeon and Yuri. They were surprised to hear their grandmother speak after so many years who is narating how the horrible night have started from....

"It all started in 1979, when my husband had a fallout with a business partner who swindled the customer's money for a a recovery medicine that would've cured illnesses, unfortunately it wasn't tested and passed without any results shown. The medicine instead caused more trouble with people dying, your Haraboji had him arrested and jailed for this heinous act. That son of a gun believed in lycanthropy and started to concoct something that can turn into a werewolf and thought he can escape and get revenge on my husband...." 

"He attacked him but your Haraboji killed him with a silver bullet in self-defence. We thought it will be the end of the worries but I knew something was not right when I started to notice things around the house draped in silver. It was later I started to discover that the neighbourhood was cursed by that man who revealed that he added a potion for werwolf transformation into the water supply as a last resort to his revenge and he revealed it to your Haraboji before he died. You, Sungkyu and I survived the curse since we didn't touch the water during the time but everyone else became victims." The grandmother narrated the story to the boys who felt shook by the truth while Sungkyu, Hyoyeon and Yuri listened on...

"10 years ago, Haraboji died when Omma and Appa attacked him as werewolves, just to save me and Halamoni and she went silent in shock, it's horrible that they no one remembers when they turn back humans and Halamoni wrote to me to tell them it was due to a thief attacking them instead. She finally regained her speech 5 years ago but kept it as a secret, knowing that there will be danger. And now you are witnessing the real horror happening around us..." Sungkyu finished the story while holding onto his grandmother's hand.

"Our Haraboji was partners with your grandfather and he died due to negligence from the medicine. Halamoni provided education and money for us as a promise made to our grandfather and we came back once we heard about the werewolf attacks in the neighbourhood..." Hyeoyeon explained further.

"Sungkyu-ah told us about this and we were always prepared when the full moon struck in the night. When he told us that his parents invited you over for a family renuion, Halamoni was scared that you guys would be victim but realised that you both will help us win this battle...." Yuri repiled after Hyoyeon who was dousing the house with holy water.

"How do we defeat them without killing them...? They are still our family...." Jun.K asked in a wary tone.

"From what we have known, the only way to reverse the curse is to burn the dead body that started this reign of terror. Only then, the curse will be ended and everyone will back to humans again." Hyoyeon informed Jun.K.

"That means we have to get to the guy's body, where do we find it....?" Wooyoung asked further whilst looking over outside where the werewolves are roaming around the neighbourhood.

"It's buried near our house by the forest, we just need to cremate the body quickly before the dawn..." Sungkyu advised before the guys huddled together to put their plan into action. 

Jun.K, Wooyoung and Sungkyu wrapped their arms with silver metal bands and silver bats fastened around their waists, while the girls and Halamoni Kim had holy water to douse the wolves away.

The door opened slowly and the boys stepped out to see the wolves wandering but one of the wolves saw them and howled louder for the other wolves to hear.

"Andwe! What do we do now..." Jun.K exclaimed in a whisper.

"Run fast as we can Hyung!" Wooyoung replied and they ran for their lives to the forest, one of the wolves latched onto Sungkyu before he used the bat to hold off the wolf and sprayed holy water in its eyes. The wolf whimpered in pain while Sungkyu stood up and ran with Jun.K and Wooyoung.

Hyoyeon and Yuri barricaded the door but the wolves were trying to break into the house from the windows, while Halamoni doused the werewolves with holy water and scaring them away with fire.

"Over there Hyung! The body was buried in that spot." Sungkyu directed the guys towards an empty spot, they dug up the spot and found a body covered in a cloth. Wooyoung bought a litre of gasoline and poured over the shrouded body while Jun.K and Sungkyu are trying to light the matches.

Before they could light it up, a werewolf attacked Jun.K onto the floor while the boys trying to fight the monster away from Jun.K who is holding it back away from him.

"You can never win against me....I will always win and your loved ones will be eat you up, just like your Haraboji!" The beast spoke through his mind in menacing tone which alarmed the guys.

The guys realised that it was the old partner that started this curse and now he's trying to kill them in a wolf form. The other werewolves are now surround them now while Jun.K is still struggling to hold off the main werewolf. Wooyoung nodded to Sungkyu who threw the hidden lighter into the pit burning the corpse in fire.

"AAAAAAAAH!" The wolf howled in pain while Jun.K escaped from his grasp and while Wooyoung and Sungkyu were helping him stand up. Wooyoung looked at his Nokia phone and saw a text from Halamoni.

"The beasts are disappearing...the curse is fading away..."

"It worked Hyung! That beast is finally dying..." Wooyoung exclaimed in joy while Sungkyu and Jun.K looked at the wolves howling in pain and slowly turning back into humans. The main wolf's body is melting away till it became a pile of bones and it's spirit has disappeared into the fire. 

The people woke up from their unconscious state and looked around the forest, Jun.K, Wooyoung and Sungkyu ran to their family who were overjoyed seeing them alive and hugged them tightly.

"Mianhe boys...I can't believe we tried to kill you...." Jun.K's mother teared up thinking about the frightful event earlier. Before they could reply, they see Halamoni being strolled over with Hyoyeon and Yuri.

"Anni! You didn't know better and it was the werewolf curse that controlled you to this." Halamoni spoke up which put the grownups in shock. The boys nodded at them to confirm that she can speak.

"Omma! You've finally got your voice back..." The father exclaimed in happiness but felt sadden thinking about the time when she had lost it due to the death of her husband.

"If one bad incident can take my voice away, then another can give it back again to protect my family and everyone else from this curse..." Halamoni replied.

"With her help, we finally got rid of the curse so that we can save everyone.." Hyoyeon informed the family and everyone else who were huddled around them in amazement.

"If it wasn't for Jun-sshi, Wooyoung-sshi and Sungkyu-ah, you all would've been trapped in this curse forever..." Yuri replied afterwards while the family and townspeople nodded in agreement.

"BOOM!" BOOM!" Everyone heard the sound coming from the sky which turned out to be fireworks shining brightly. The boys realised that 1999 has ended and a new millennium has begun. The boys huddled around their family while sharing glances around everyone who were excited for the new century to begin again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

End of The Second Story

02 April 2020