Don't Stop, Can't Stop.....(Part 1)

Tales After Dark 5 (2PM's Horror Hour)

You wanna see me fall right? (Haters)
Like a candle on a windy night, Yeah right
Just watch me do this
Take a breath hold tight
I’m never going down without a fight, Aight?
You can cut me but you can’t get through me
No amount of scars will kills me
So no matter how many tears well up
I will never be shaken
Even if I’m dying I’ll never let my enemies know....

2PM - Don't Stop Can't Stop

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Korea - 31 December 1999

It was the day of New Years Eve in 1999 and two cousins, Jun.K and Wooyoung are travelling for a family renuion to a countryside in Daegu to visit Jun.K's parents, younger brother and grandmother after a long time. It was a long journey travelling from Busan to Daegu by car and the cousins were singing and bopping their heads to a classing song from Seo Taiji & Boys.

"Nan Arayo! Ebabe hereum yeon....." Jun.K and Wooyoung rapped loud with the opening line but mumbled the rest of the lyrics before giving up and listening to the full song. Back in the days, drivers had to nagivate through the paper maps to travel somewhere far and listen to music on mixtapes or CDs.

"It's weird that the 90s are ending soon, things are changing a lot and technology taking over..." Jun.K lamented a fact with Wooyoung while driving to Daegu.

"I know hyung...even with music is changing too, I bet it will be all male idol songs with complex dance moves and melodramatic shows..." Wooyoung commented on the change with K-Pop and Korean dramas.

"Chincha..? I think in few years time, I think directors will make movies that will change and once it's popular, it might get remade in America or never get any Oscar like foreign movies do...." Jun.K shared his opinion whilst Wooyoung shared his views.

"What about new groups debuting with weird names like DBSK, AKB48, SNSD, and others too, like are they idol group names or types of guns and drugs...." Wooyoung tried to predict his version of the future in a hillarious way making Jun.K laugh. They drove through around a bend and saw a small yet quaint neighbourhood shown in view. 

"Home Sweet Home..." Jun.K commented under his breath making Wooyoung shake his disagreement. 

"C'Mon Hyung....it's gonna be that bad, maybe cheek pulling and calling you Minjun would be...." Wooyoung joked before getting slapped at the back of his head by Jun.K. They stepped out of their car and just as Jun.K locked the car and went toward Wooyoung with the luggage, a haggard man ran towards them in fear.

"Run for your lives boys! They will come out and eat you alive...." An older man screamed at them before running away to warn others. The cousins didn't know whether to be spooked or laugh at the warning.

"And here I thought village idiots never existed nowadays...." Jun.K muttered under his breath while Wooyoung silently nodded. They were walking on a path and looked to to their left where two young women stepped out of their house in their neighbourhood. They felt dumbstruck by their beauty and wondered how they fit in to this town, the girls were looking around and saw them staring and waved in a flirtatious way before walking away in laughter.

"Aish! I didn't expect you pabos to stare at them first before seeing your family..." A woman slapped at the back of their heads in mock anger. Jun.K and Wooyoung looked back behind them and saw Jun.K's mother glaring at them.

"Ommonim! It's great to see you again...." Jun.K tried to act sweet and hugged his mother which made her soften her anger.

"Mianhe for being such pabos..." Wooyoung hugged his maternal aunt on the right side while she hugged the boys.

"Anni! I can't never stay angry with you boys, I'm happy to see you boys back again and come inside to meet with the family..." She took them inside the house and saw the interiors are the same but see a few silver embellishments adorning the photo frames and silver lamps which looked a little out of place. 

"Junnie Hyung!" Jun.K's brother, Sungkyu hugged his brother tightly. Jun.K couldn't believe his little brother is grown up.

"Sungkyu-ah! Can't believe my little squirt of a brother is grown as a man..." Jun.K joked about his brother who shook his head.

"Yeah I'm surprised to see that he still hasn't got a girlfriend yet..." Wooyoung remarked in a joking tone making Sungkyu feeling embarassed.

"Araso boys! Stop embarrassing Sungkyu-ah....it's great to see my old son and nephew..." Jun.K's father entered the living room and hugged the boys.

"Where's halamoni...is she okay...?" Jun.K enquired which made his parents tense up but before they could say anything, Sungkyu wheeled her in the room. She looked a litle lost but when she saw the boys, she smiled with tears in her eyes. She lifted her hand to call them forward and once the approached her, she hugged them with tears streaming down which made them worry in confusion.

"Halamoni had a few years earlier and stopped talking, we didn't want to stress you out.." Sungkyu revealed to the boys whilst they sat near her for comfort.

"Well we will make sure she recovers her speech and she'll be yelling at us anytime soon..." Wooyoung joked making the others laugh, Jun.K mother announced dinner time whilst everyone were leaving, the grandmother held onto the boys hand and shook her heads towards them in warning. She left a note to Jun.K's  hand and signalled Sungkyu to check the window.

Jun.K opened the note which made his eyes widen in shock while Wooyoung looked at the note with equal shock.

"GET OUT! THERE'S DANGER!" 

"Gwenchana....what's going on Halamoni..." Jun.K asked his grandmother who shook her head whilst Sungkyu came back with a grave look on his face and mouthed words that looked like "IT'S A FULL MOON..." 

"What do you mean a full moon Halamoni...." Wooyoung asked the grandmother who was wheeled away from the house with Sungkyu talking her to a neighbour's house. Before they could react, they heard something from the dining room where the parents were.

"AAAAHHHHH!" Jun.K's parents screamed aloud and the boys went rushing towards the dining room. Once they were about to enter the diding room, they were horrified to see their parents on the floor writing in pain with hairs growing in their bodies, claws coming out of their hands and fangs coming out of their mouths.

"Run Hyung! They're gonna kill us!" Sungkyu screamed at the boys outside of the house before the parents turned into monsterous beasts and realised that "dinner time" were actually the beasts killing and eating the boys. The wolves howled at the full moon shining through the window and turned their heads to the guys who were frightened. They ran out of the house in fear and saw few people turning into werewolves around them which made them more scared for their lives.

"Jun-sshi, Wooyoung-shhi! come inside and run your lives!.." One of the girls screamed at them to run away from the beasts while they were running to kill them. As soon they reached the door and one of the beasts were behind them, the other girl sprayed some kind of liquid towards them that burned their hands. They whimpered and back down the steps while the other beasts are walking around the dark neighbourhood.

The girls and Sungkyu barricaded the doors with a plank of wood and locked the windows with metal shutters around the house. Jun.K and Wooyoung looked around to find themselves inside a house which had weapons filled with silver tools. There were two girls that saved them from the attack and realised it was the two female cousins they met earlier.

"Mianhe if you don't know us, my name is Hyoyeon and this is my cousin, Yuri.." Hyoyeon introduced herself and Yuri who bowed to greet them and next to them was Sungkyu and his grandmother.

"What's going on here..? why is there people turning into monsters...?" Jun.K asked them in a wary tone.

"The neighbourhood was cursed with something horrible and once the full moon comes, they transform into these monsters and eat people alive..." Yuri replied in a grave tone while Hyoyeon nodded in agreement.

"What do you mean by a curse? What are they turning into...?" Wooyoung spoke up whilst hearing a shocking truth from soneone they least expected.

"They're turning into werewolves....and you were the dinner...." Halamoni finally broke her silence once she told them the truth which shocked the boys while Hyoyeon, Yuri and Sungkyu silent nodded at her words.

Jun.K and Wooyoung thought things would change before the new millennium begins but realise what they had bargained for when they arrived in their hometown.

The haggard old man was right, they're going to be eaten alive soon...

They're all trapped in a living yet horrifying nightmare where their parents and everyone in the neighbourhood have turned into ravenous werewolves....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

To Be Continued.....

08 December 2019