I don’t know what this is

Would you?

Mina took her time as she mindlessly walk back from the grocery store, a bag of goods she just bought hooked on her arm. The sun was just setting and to her it was the best time of the day, the golden hours. Waiting for the pedestrian light to turn green, she realized that she was close to her destination. One turn to the left and she’s home. Actually a few feet away but she didn’t fail to notice the two girls standing by the front door. She could recognize Sana but the other girl’s face doesn’t ring a bell even when she got much closer.

 

It’s weird... She suddenly felt odd. As Mina walks closer she could feel the aura surrounding them, they were in a deep conversation she could tell by facial expression Sana was sporting. Having a feeling that she should not interrupt, Mina silently made her way. But she did not miss the way the unfamiliar girl reached out to hold Sana’s arm. Mina was about to excuse herself because they were kinda blocking the entrance just then she felt Sana reached for her hand but ended up grasping her index finger.

 

“Wait for me?” Sana whispered but loud enough to be heard clear. And Mina felt it again the odd tingly feeling. Pretending to not understand what Sana just said she pulled her hand away making Sana’s hold loosen. Mina gave a small bow to acknowledge them both and swiftly reached for the knob then went inside. Sana was left a little confused with the rejection.

 

‘what is wrong with me?’ Mina questioned her actions yet one thing is clear to her, she did not want to stay there.

 

It’s been two weeks! Sana noticed that Mina seem to be keeping a distance between them. They were roommates yet Mina managed to do so and that brings her down.

 

Mina is frustrated. She can’t even figure out why. Clenching and unclenching her fist, heaving deep breaths, she wanted to shout. To scream. To take off this... this... she does not even know what this is!


Argh I hate it! I hate it! Stop thinking about it for god sake mina!

 

Upon entering their room, Sana observed Mina sitting by her desk and trying to calm herself like she was about to crush someone with her bare hands. She walked behind Mina before leaning down and circled her arms around her shoulder giving a loose back hug. She thought about wanting to know her roommates bafflimg activity but shrug off the idea and asked a different question instead.

 

“Should we call it a day?” The younger felt Sana’s cheek on her left shoulder, Mina lifted her hand wanting to ruffle sana’s hair for being cute yet she stopped half way and placed her hand back down.

 

“So what do you think?” Sana hummed as she pulled Mina up from her seat.

 

“Okay” Mina shortly replied then made her way to her bed.

 

Just what is bothering you?’ Sana thought seriously getting bewildered about Mina.

 

 

“I’ve seen the way you look at Sana’s friend. You’re jealous aren’t you?” Momo inquired as she chopped the vegetables. Awhile ago she joined Mina in the kitchen to prepare for their lunch. The younger was thankful but now she sort of wanted to throw her back out to the living room.

 

Momo knows. She didn’t know how or when but the girl one day came up to her, threw an arm on her shoulder with a rhetorical question directed at her ‘You like Sana right?
 


“Does denying your assumption would make a difference?” Mina asked as she closed the lid and turned the rice cooker on.

 

“No, but your answer is very much appreciated. Is it a yes or yes?”

 

“I- ... oh gosh, yes” And she finally admitted it. Mina face palmed herself. She was trying her best to hold it but Momo... How could she notice it?

 

“And I don’t think that sounds right” Mina sighed feeling dejected. First of all they aren’t together and that alone is enough reason.

 

“You know Sana has been worried. She’s been thinking what she could’ve done wrong. I mean with you acting distant” Momo shared as she grab the pan from the cabinet, remembering yesterday morning as Sana poured out all her confusion.

 

“Its kind of ironic. Me getting jealous yet I wouldn’t accept her feelings... I just wanted to be sure, you know? It’s Sana we’re talking about” Mina watched from the side with Momo taking over her duty to cook for today’s lunch. She took a note to return the favor next time.

 

“That enough is a valid reason, you thinking about her. Stop doubting yourself” Momo sincerely smiled. Silence filled the kitchen save for the sizzling sounds coming from the pan.

 

 

“All right! I get it!” Mina went back to her room to grab her car keys. Funny how Momo used the ‘i helped you so you owe me move’ she should’ve seen it coming. Mina strides her way out the house as the girls were already at the driveway waiting for her.

 

“Damn Ma! You’re so hot!” Nayeon whistled like a wolf eyeing her from head to toe. She has her hair up in a high pony tail, wearing a black off-shoulder long sleeve dress that cuts just at mid thigh and tightly hugging her curves, her matching black strappy heels was on her hand. Mina still don’t know how the girls’ managed to make her go with them. I mean its not like i’m coming because of someone, its just that this could be the last party before second semester starts... yeah that

 

“Mina does not disappoint! Mina serves!” Momo roared as they all hop in the car. They don’t even need to praise her, the girl is too soft for them anyway. The ride is full of excitement and cheerful shouts. Mina can’t help but smile so wide.

 

“Go in first, i’ll just wear my shoes” Mina ushered them out of the car. She slipped off her slippers before pushing her seat back to move freely. She thought of the times when Nayeon managed to drive with heels on, just thinking about it made her feel the pain already.

 

*knock knock*

 

Mina almost cursed in surprise, Jeongyeon just tapped on the windshield telling her to hurry up. She held an okay sign before waving her off.

 

 

Hollers filled the kitchen as some of them gathered to watch a drinking game. Mina slipped pass through them with the intention to only get a drink, after refilling her cup she heard her housemates clearly cheering for someone. Pushing her way through the drunk people Mina managed to stand next to her friends. Three hours into the party and she could tell Nayeon is clearly drunk the way her eyes seem to not focus well anymore.

 

“Sana! Daebak!” Momo wowed as she gave a thumbs up and Jeongyeon hitting the woah. 

 

Mina never thought she has the tendency to be a psychopath. Different ways to murder her friends flashes to her mind one by one. She watches as Sana downed a shot of tequila, the girl was playing a drunk russian roulette the only difference is that the drinks were ranging from strong to strongest.

 

Taking little sips from her cup, Mina continued to watch the game having it end to one of players passing out. For a moment Mina saw Sana’s unfamiliar friend making a move, like a snake studying her prey but a hand pulled Sana away from the predator.

 

“Best ever!” Momo screamed as she held Sana’s hand up as if she just won something so amazing. Maybe she could at least spare Momo from her murdering thoughts. Maybe. 

 

“Hottie I need you with me” A whisper on her ear and the next thing Mina know is that she was holding Nayeon’s hair as she was throwing up at the bushes. The bathroom is not an option for the drunk girl maybe the shrubs looks more appealing to vomit on.

 

“I think i’m done tonight” Nayeon snatched Mina’s drink and rinsed with it. “Hah better than having the remains of puke on my tongue” She laughed at the grimacing face of the younger when she attempted to hand it back.

 

“How about you wait in the car and i’ll get the girls?” Mina wanted to go home anyway so having the stubborn unnie with her side meant that her job collecting them would be easier or so she believed.

 

Succeeding into getting Momo and Jeongyeon head to the car signifies that she only have Sana left to find. Rage filled her mind when she saw the girl she was looking for pushed against the counter. The ing snake (as Mina named the unfamiliar girl) had her hands on Sana’s hips. Heaving a deep breath, Mina knows she has to act logically even though you could feel the temperature around her seemed to be dropping at an alarming rate. She walked closer to them but still leaving enough distance because of the urge to yank that girl’s arm from snaking around.

 

“Sana?” Mina’s voice was never on the loud side but Sana still heard her. The pink haired girl paid no interest to her companion and shrugged her off.

 

“My babie is here!” Sana hopped to Mina almost losing balance on the way but managed to regain it by hugging Mina’s waist. “Safe!” She giggled.

 

“The girl’s were waiting outside. We need to go” Mina held Sana steady by wrapping her arms around her.

 

“But i’m still having fun!” Sana whined as she supported all of her weight to Mina. Another drunk lady to take care of. Yes?

 

“Whose the baby now -” Mina swallowed her teasing when she felt something wet on her collar bone. Did she just do that?!  Eyes widened in shock yet the culprit still has the decency to giggle.

 

“Oooh it looks good” Sana was on her own world now. The alcohol must’ve hit her hard. Mina could feel the older girl’s finger gliding on the lipstick mark she just left on her skin. She felt chills rush to her spine sending shivers all over her body. Oh yes. Drunk Sana meant extreme skinship ugh.

 

“No- stop that” Mina swatted Sana’s hand away to which the girl obeyed by circling her hands back around her waist once again. “Let’s head home”

 

“Yes. But I won’t let go of you.” Mina rolled her eyes before gathering all her strength and step by step guided Sana, that was still in her embrace, towards the exit. But the older girl found it interesting to make the younger suffer more than she currently is and began to shower Mina’s exposed skin with kisses leaving red lipstick marks all over.

 

“What took you so long?” Jeongyeon poked her head out of the car’s window, dizziness taking over. Nayeon has long passed out at the back seat beside her.

 

“At least one of us is enjoying this” Momo stood straight from leaning at the car, pulling her mobile phone out and snapped a couple of pictures of Mina with kiss marks all over her blushing madly as she struggled with Sana in her embrace.

 

“Just help me already” Mina whined and Momo laughed as she run to open the shotgun door before taking her seat at the back beside the unconscious girl.

 

 

Mina was glad that they finally arrived back but the relief she felt was washed out when she realized that she still have to deal with Sana, as Jeongyeon and Momo preferred to have Nayeon to watch over than the pink haired girl. 

 

Feeling proud, Mina mentally gave herself a pat on the back for being able to haul Sana back to their room.

 

“Don’t forget to change out of your clothes and remove your make up” Mina reminded as she stood by the vanity mirror beginning to clean her face. Sana had other plans though she sluggishly walked to Mina for a back hug.

 

“Please take mine off too” She landed her chin on Mina’s shoulder closing her eyes. The urge to complain was overflowing but the latter knows that doing what she was told would make her life much easier.

 

“Done. Now go get changed” the younger huffed. Its like she’s baby sitting an adult.

 

“Thankie~” Sana shot with her aegyo, giving her a pat on the and— a piercing scream bounced through the four walls of the room.

 

“WHY DO YOU HAVE TO DO THAT!?” Mina scolded as she felt the heat reaching up to the tip of her ears, she looked at the reflection of her shoulder where the pain is present. And behold! There was a bite mark! She turned around to express her disapproval when Sana undressed herself making Mina let out a squeal and shut her eyes closed. “WOMAN YOU ARE DEFINITELY INSANE!”

 

***

OH MY GOD I WAS BUSY UPDATING THIS CHAPTER ONLY TO KNOW MINUTES LATER THAT MINA IS AT THE FAN MEETING! She’s the bravest person I know. I’m bawling my eyes out TT