It never meant to be loud

Would you?

Fluttering her eyes open Sana felt like her life has been drained to the bottom. The sun was up but thanks to their curtain she’s not being blinded by it right now. Rolling to the edge of the bed, Sana pushed her self to sit up. She felt her world spinning immediately doubting herself if she could stand straight. Sana hated herself and her decision-making skills.

 

 

Headache… Dizziness… Is the hangover worth it? A little whine escaped from her before she started stretching her body, she felt so cozy even though her senses were all messed up.

 

 

Confusion…

 

 

Sana stood in front of the fridge with a mission to grab a bottle of water. She’s trying to remember all the events last night. It was all a blur. I wish there’s nothing to regret about something.

 

 

“Hey you, Nice hoodie you got there” Jeongyeon greeted as Sana occupied the end of the couch, dropping like a lifeless doll.

 

 

“Oh-“ Sana froze as she realized what she’s wearing. Aquamarine… tie-dyed. Sana doesn’t own something like this. It was Mina’s favorite oversized hoodie! She also took note of the jasmine scent that has been lingering on the material and it somehow incredibly soothed her hangover, as if it has a healing capability.

 

 

Jeongyeon grinned as she saw shock from her friend’s face. Sana fidgets at her seat, getting worried. That expression doesn’t sit well, it was unsettling for her.

 

 

“What? What? Did I do something stupid?!”

 

 

Jeongyeon chuckled, she was mocking her. Definitely mocking her. Sana groaned from horror, she can’t even remember anything past that drinking game.

 

 

She could feel her head spinning again.

 

 

Dehydrate. Just dehydrate yourself and calm down’ Sana repeated her mantra.

 

 

“Anyways I’m going at my parent’s house, I’ll probably be back before the semester starts sooo I’m gonna go get ready.” And with that Sana was left alone in her misery, thinking about all the stupid possibilities she could have done.

 

 

A dinging sound coming from her phone brought Sana back from spacing out, it was a message from Momo, good morning it said but the image attached is nowhere near the word good. It was a photo of a flustered Mina full of red lipstick stains, her own kiss marks.

 

 

Sana wanted to bury herself and never come back. She’ll appreciate it more if her brain chose to forget the night but no. Fragments of memories came flooding through and soon she was able to fully recall herself in her drunken state.

 

 

“OH MY GOD!” Sana now remembered how she ended up wearing Mina’s hoodie. She completely hates her life decisions now. How could she be that crazy? As if all those things weren’t horrible enough a flashback of an unspeakable image of her last night whining at Mina haunted her.

 

 

“It’s so cold” Sana tugged at the hem of Mina’s shirt. The younger was still irritated about the stunt she just did and hasn’t faced her since then.

 

 

“dress up properly!”

 

 

“But it will still be cold”

 

 

“Wear more!”

 

 

“How about sharing your body heat? Be of use minari~”

 

 

“How about you wear this instead” Mina grabbed her hoodie at her swivel chair before putting it over Sana’s head covering the girl’s face and turning her back to her own bed.

 

 

“I should stop drinking too much” Sana muttered after grabbing a cushion and squeezing it with all her might.

 

 

“Let’s just hope you keep those words-“ Nayeon plopped beside her mutely asking if she already took an ibuprofen “We heard Mina’s scream last night and whatever you two were doing that time I hope you keep it to yourselves next time. I’d really appreciate it”

 

 

“Unnie! What the hell! It’s not that!”

 

 

“Ah! So nothing?”

 

 

“Nothing!”

 

 

“I guess that’s why Mina looks so mad this morning” Sana tackled the laughing girl beside her. She didn’t need someone to input that kind of idea to run in her mind. She had enough on her own already.

 

 

 

 

“Your offer sounds appealing but I feel exhausted”Sana heard Mina’s voice from the other side of the door, she leaned back to the headboard relaxing herself. Upon entering the room Mina dropped her bag at her desk, sighed and ran a hand through her hair sweeping it back. A gesture she usually does when she’s annoyed.

 

 

“One after another. I’ll still be on defense. Yes, you don’t have to remind me. But sending an international student for the exchange program is so out of context, shouldn’t they give this chance for the local students instead?”

 

 

Sana’s eyes drifted up just a little from the laptop on her thighs to the younger girl. Peeking to see the younger’s face because she spoke with a dead serious tone.

 

 

“Rrrright. I don’t wanna talk about it anymore so I’m hanging up, Bye”

 

 

Mina can’t help the urge and threw her phone carelessly at her desk, the sharp loud sound of a hard object hitting wood startled Sana that was discreetly observing. Mina didn’t spare her a glance, she just went straight to her bed and practically fell into dreamland in a snap.

 

 

It was past five in the afternoon when Mina walked out of her room and has her jacket on. She shuffled her way to the kitchen with an intention to grab a glass of water before leaving.

 

 

“Heading out again?”

 

 

After finishing her drink Mina turned around to face Sana who is currently struggling to open a jar of jam at the corner. Mina walked to her taking the object from the other girl’s hand and opening it for her.

 

 

“Something came up in the org.” Mina handed back the opened jar with a small ‘here you go’. Sana smiled gratefully.

 

 

“I’ll take my leave now” Mina took a step back then stopped when Sana parted her lips to say something but no words came out.

 

 

Mina raised her brows curious as what the girl wanted to say. She gazed directly at Sana’s eyes waiting. Sana not knowing what words she should use to express herself stared back. After contemplating, she mustered up the best puppy eyes she could give and jutted out her lower lip. Mina recognizes this too well, she clearly knows what Sana is trying to tell.

 

 

Wordlessly saying she’s sorry.

 

 

Mina had an internal struggle, everything that Sana does always has a way to her, yet she maintained her impassive expression but only to falter seconds later as her sight fell down to the floor. She puffed her cheeks and softly blew the air out. Mina gazed back up meeting Sana’s eyes for the second time, imitating the older’s facial expression with her own version. Mina was pouting too with her eyes blinking twice.

 

 

Sana should not feel apologetic about last night. She’s a handful but all is good. She’s safe. She’s here. That’s what matters most.

 

 

And when a bubbly smile light up Sana’s face Mina can’t help but to chuckle at the sight.

 

 

A small beep sound reminded Mina she has to go somewhere.

 

 

“I really need to go. See ya” Mina reached out to give a pat on Sana’s head leaving the girl with a brighter smile but before she could really step out “Ah! Please don’t get that drunk again when I’m not there, I don’t want you biting random people!”

 

 

---

 

 

It was almost in the wee hours when Mina came back, the light in the kitchen was on. She decided to turn it off, thinking that one of her housemates probably forgot to do so. Her hand hovered at the switch when she was greeted by her roomie. I left for hours and she’s still here?

 

 

“A cereal as a midnight snack?” Mina’s eyebrow quirked, a small smile present in her lips. She leaned at the kitchen counter beside Sana. The girl, who has taken the counter as her throne, lightly kicked her feet in the air expressing her delight.

 

 

“I felt like being a rebel,” She giggled taking another spoonful to . Her eyes travelled to the tumbler on Mina’s hand. “Are you being a rebel too?”

 

 

Mina swirled the iced coffee drink that was in her hold. “I suppose you could say that” and Sana nodded focusing back on the food in her hand.

 

 

Mina indulged herself at the silence that surrounds them. She could faintly hear the low reverberation coming from the cars passing by the street, the soft hum generated by the fridge, but the loudest sound came within her. She listened at the thrumming sound made by her beating heart, it was never this loud before.

 

 

*gasps*

 

 

“I just thought of something” Sana says a little too serious drawing Mina’s gaze to her. Sana placed her empty bowl on the sink at her left side “Is cereal a soup or nah?” She questioned, her head tilted a little.

 

 

A hearty laugh escaped Mina’s lips. Sana’s random thoughts are always amusing.

 

 

“I don’t know, just the idea of a cereal being a soup throws me off” Mina pushed herself against the counter and moved to Sana’s other side. She started to wash the discarded dishes along with her tumbler.

 

 

“It sounds disgusting” Sana concluded. Their conversation kept going about trivial things as Mina continued with her task. Wiping her hands dry at the kitchen towel Mina stood in front of Sana offering one of her hand.

 

 

“What do you say if you and me go somewhere else to continue this discussion?” Sana beamed, her hand reached out to hold the hand that was presented to her as she jumped off the counter. Mina knows how Sana could be clumsy just by doing a simple task like jumping off her seat.

 

 

“I can do whatever you want” Sana lifted her brows cheekily and her eyes twinkling with playfulness, she clearly knew that the Mina meant going back to their room and probably prepare to slumber but she couldn’t help it.

 

 

“Are you flirting?” Mina crossed her arms and took a step away. She squinted at her, giving the most judging look she could ever do.

 

 

“Yes I am” Sana confidently declared. She untangled the younger’s arms, her left hand grazing over Mina’s right arm before landing at the palm and intertwining their hands together. Sana pulled a scoffing Mina with her to their room.

 

 

Sana can’t put a finger when she started to fall for Mina but she definitely knows why. It’s the way she holds everything in her eyes like a window to her soul, it’s the little things that she does but never knew, unconsciously and naturally. It was effortless... to fall or maybe because it is Mina.

 

 

***

Misana would be always soft we aint going somewhere else.

I really wanted to be serious but I- Gosh it's so funny I keep drifting away, I can't control myself (>_<)