And so it begins...

Would you?
Today is the last day for their semester meaning finals are done and parties all over but for a certain brunette she just wanted to fall into her bed and sleep for 12 hours. Sure she got a fair share of partying, only attending those that would benefit her, enough to make the party animals acknowledge her.  
 
 
“You sure don’t like to come along Mina?” The pink haired girl asked as she looked at the other through the reflection of the mirror while putting some make up on.
 
 
“All I could think of is to be under the covers and feel the warmth” Mina peeked under her covers eyeing Sana’s look. Hair curled like those of a mermaid, Midnight colored dress that’s too short to be even called a dress and heels that scream ‘come at me’. Typical Sana attire.
 
 
“Okay, suit yourself then” Finishing up with her lipstick and making a pop with her lips Sana picked up her purse and walked to the door. Turning back to look at Mina who is too cute under the covers.

 

“Please turn off the lights as you go. Thanks!” Mina sent a kissy sound before waving the other girl off.
 

 -- 

 
A ringing sound filled the silent room. The owner of the phone remained immobile till the second call. She frantically reached out for her phone only to hear a loud thud.

 

 
“...” Standing up with a groan she picked up her phone from the floor and answered it.
 

 

“Hello?” Voice laced with drowsiness but still on the sweet side resonated to the other line.
 
 
“Heyyy minaaaa?” She could barely hear the girl on the other side with music blasting in the background but she is sure that it was her roommate.

 

“Sana? What time is it? Are you for real?” Mina squinted her eyes as she looked at her phone’s screen to check the time. 12:45AM is too early for a Normal college party to end, earliest would be before 3am.
 
 
“Well I want to ask you something. I know you hate coming into the room and sleep smelling like smoke and alcohol but I’m really tired and drunk- No.. not drunk just tipsy.. maybe tipsy with a few drinks above. Yeah that. I just wanted to ask if I can just go and sleep straight?” Sana rambled on the other line dragging some of her words sounding like drunken child.
 
 
“Yeah go on, but I do hope that you would at least change your clothes before going to bed. So it would be less smelly. You goin’ back with the rest of the girls?” Mina spoke as her eyes closed wanting to get back to sleep.
 
 
“Oh thank you. I kind of got left by girls? Probably thought I was chummy with this acquaintance I met but started to piss me off. He was offering me drink after drink which I didn’t accept since I already have one and he maybe.. sort of.. offered me party drugs as well? unreasonable guy getting a bit handsy... But I can manage him. No biggie. I’ll just have to figure out my ride back” Widening her eyes in panic. Mina shot up from her bed and started to change. She ain’t letting Sana be around that kind of place. Crazy Uni students are one hell of a problem with all the things they wanted to do before stepping on to the real world.
 
 
“Whose party are you at? Go head out the porch and I’ll pick you up in 15 minutes” Mina stated with a bit of anger and concern lacing her voice. Putting her baseball cap on and grabbing her keys Mina headed out to her car.
 
 
“But you don’t have to pick me-“
 
 
“Whose party are you at?” Mina repeated once again stressing her words.
 
 
“You know the sorority house?... 31st ave” and the line was cut just like that. Mina does not know why she was being like that. She had been to parties with Sana a lot and knows that she is smart enough to always get her own drink, a bottled or canned one and freshly opened to be exact ‘just to be safe and sure’ is what the pink haired girl always tell her. But she isn’t with any of her friends and being alone is enough reason to be worried.

 

 
12 minutes passed and Mina parked her car near the location since there were also lots of cars that are parked around probably owned by the party goers too. Brisk walking to the house Mina immediately saw Sana leaning at the porch railing. Hearing some people calling her name upon her appearance Mina could only send them a curt nod and straight up stood beside Sana.
 
 
“Minari~” Sana placed down her bottle of beer before clinging on her.
 
 
“Let’s go” Mina held her wrist as she guided Sana down the steps but got blocked by a muscly guy.
 
 
“Woah there! Leaving so soon Sana? How about one more drink?” This must be that guy Sana was talking about. Sighing Mina only tugged at Sana’s arm to indicate her to continue walking only to be blocked once again.
 
 
“How about you take this instead? Miss?” The guy started his ways and Mina knew this very well.
 
 
“Myoui Mina. And next time I expect you to stay far from my girl” She spat. Hearing the name made the guy step back. Perks of having a powerful background. Brushing past the guy Mina guided Sana towards her car. Silence filled their drive back with Mina having knitted brows and Sana feeling tensed because of the brunette.
 
 
Stepping inside of their house Sana saw Nayeon sleeping on the couch while Momo didn’t even bother and just slept on the carpet as for Jeongyeon she managed to fit herself on the love seat, she guessed they were too drunk to go further the confines of their room. Following Mina up the stairs to their room she could only pout with the lack of attention. Closing their door with a soft bang Sana stared to Mina who was finishing up changing back into her pajamas.
 
 
“Are you mad at me? Why are you so pissed?” Sana asked not knowing the blood of the other was close to boiling point.
 
 
“Why did you say that i’m your girl when i’m not?” Sana questioned again but Mina decided to not cooperate by heading to her bed.
 
 
“And using your name to block him? What if others would really think that i’m dating you? My chances of being invited out would be gone” Sana crossed her arms as she stared at the younger girl expecting an answer.
 
 
“I’m tired. Let me sleep.” Was all she got as a response.
 
 
“You shouldn’t have picked me up then”
 
 
“So what? So you could’ve gotten yourself much drunk? Or get drugged or something? Your voice tells me you wanted to leave the place asap. I was worried okay?” Mina’s voice started to raise as she sat up from her bed.
 
 
“I’m an adult I can handle myself. Thank you. You don’t even have to worry” Being under the influence of alcohol Sana wasn’t in the right mind spouting words without even thinking. Grabbing a set of clothes she decided to take a bath instead of sleeping like what she planned in the first place.
 
 
Sobering up as she lay her back on the tub, Sana could only heave a sigh realizing what she just said a while ago. Mina is irritating in way she would not want to admit that she liked Sana. The older girl did nothing but to express her interest for Mina yet the girl just can’t admit it making Sana attempt to push her buttons from time to time but sometimes she pushes the wrong one too. Like what is happening right now.
 
 
“I seriously hate this hot and cold... whatever this is!” she splashed the water in front of her before deciding to finish her bath and hope that Mina is still awake.
 
 
“Minari...?” Sana called softly as she entered their room. Taking a seat on her bed Sana watches as the other girl toss and turn in her bed. Fingers fidgeting on her lap Sana attempted to talk to the other girl again.
 
 
“I’m sorry, I know you were worried and didn’t like the idea of having someone being all over me since i’m drunk and not in the right rationality… Minari… I don’t like it when you’re mad at me...”
 
 
“Who am I to be mad at you’re carelessness, you can do whatever you want” came a murmured reply.
 
 
“You’re someone really important to me” Sana eyes were getting teary. You can tell that Mina and her is in ‘some’ relationship and she was aiming for it to be official but recently things between them seem to be heading backwards and Sana can’t help but to feel helpless about her mixed emotions and drowning feelings.
 
 
A deep breath and a very light sniffle is enough to tell that Sana is crying. Yet Mina remained under her covers. She has been suppressing her feelings for Sana ever since she arrived on her first day here. No distractions, you’re only here to study and nothing else. She kept repeating it in her mind but her heart screams that Sana is far from distraction but instead she is solace. She promised herself to not commit with only half of herself so until then she wishes that Sana would understand her.
 
 
“Would...would you mind if you cuddle me to sleep?” Sana’s voice cracks as she wipes her tears away. Mina always cuddle her to sleep whenever she feel down and maybe it will still be okay tonight. Turning to face Sana’s direction Mina lifted her duvet silently saying to the former to go under.
 
 
Settling herself under the warm covers Sana felt arms wrap on her waist pulling her closer and spooning her. Mina buried her face on Sana’s hair before landing a kiss on her nape ‘sleep tight’ she mumbled before silence engulfed them once again.