Chapter 2

The way you fall

A dense air filled the room where the presidential family gathered. The President was glaring at his daughter. He disapproved of her decision to go to Japan for a while. What business does the daughter of South Korea President has in Japan? Meeting with the Emperor's daughter. That's ridiculous.
"Father. I will attend University in Tokyo. I won't miss a single day. Besides Dahyun will be there with me. She moves there for the time she will study. I think that keeping a good relationship with the royal family is going to benefit our countries relations." Jeongyeon wasn't going to give up. The day she saw the beautiful princess, she has fallen for her. She couldn't tell her parents the truth. Coming up with this plan took her and her cousins a while. It has to work. The president scratched his chin. What is he going to do with this kid? She was making a lot of sense. Perhaps, this won't be such a bad idea?
"Fine." the short-haired girl looked up in excitement. "But, you will give daily reports. Also, take care of your cousin. Don't destroy our relationship with Japan, please." Jeongyeon got close to her father and embraced him. 
"Thank you, father. You won't be disappointed. I will call every night. Dahyun would be always in my care and I will make our relationship even better." she smiled brightly at the older man. He reciprocated the expression. Then all that was left was packing all the necessary stuff and getting on the plane.
Jeongyeon packed her bags and took them all to her car. She said her goodbyes to her family and left to pick up Dahyun. The younger girl was already waiting before her house. With headphones around her neck and two large bags. The pale girl waved at her cousin before putting her stuff in the trunk. After she was done, she entered the front seat. She reached over and hugged the older girl.
"I can't believe your parents agreed to this. I thought I will be alone in a foreign country." she dramatically threw herself on the back of the seat. The president's daughter just laughed at the weird behavior.
"You would be fine. You're a fighter. Though I can't believe it either. I was ready to run away" She joked and started the car. 
"I know you would. Seriously, what is so special about this princess?" Dahyun still was dumbfounded at the reason for all of this. Sure, the princess was nice. She had a little chat with her at the banquet. But she wasn't charmed the way her cousin was. 
"She's amazing. I worried she'll be a stuck up brat. She was everything but that. Beautiful mind and soul. The time spent with her felt like a fantasy." Jeongyeon talked with so much emotion while keeping her eyes on the road. The pale girl eyed the other. She really got it bad.
"Whatever. Just don't forget about me when we are here. I support you through." she then took her phone out of her pocket" Anyway, let me put on some quality music." the younger plugged in her phone and played her favorite jams while they were driving to the airport.

 

Only the ticking of the clock was heard in the room. The sun rays were coming through the big windows. Leaves and branches were moving in the rhythm that the wind chose for them. The day was warm and people felt like going out to take a walk outside was the best option.
"Sana. Just let me help you." Mina's voice was soft. Nothing in it was condescending. But Sana was still embarrassed that she can't get that stupid physics question. After her tutor tried to explain it to her for an hour.
"No! I've got this. It's just magnetism or something." okay maybe she doesn't. The princess sighed heavily and dropped the pen. The short-haired girl took it instead and pointed at the textbook.
"Let's go over it again. It's fine if you can't get a hang of some things." the way that Mina smiled at her, made her feel warmer. She didn't feel like a burden, an idiot. So, can you blame her for pulling the tutor in and locking her in a tight hug? The ballerina was caught off guard. She wasn't sure what to do. But after a few seconds, her arms circled the other as well. They stayed like that for a moment, until Sana let go.
"You're so sweet Mina. I always felt like an idiot in chemistry and physics classes but you make me feel confident. That I have the ability to be good at this. Thank you." her words were very much genuine. They might know each other for just two weeks but the princess would call the other her friend already.
"You are intelligent. Just these two subjects aren't your cup of tea." she paused for a moment. "I'm not good at sleeping." the student looked at her dumbfounded. What does it even mean?
"I don't follow." Mina was fidgeting in her seat. It was clear she was anxious.
"I'm not good at sleeping," she repeated but she didn't give the other speak. "What I mean is that I don't sleep well. Or at all." Sana felt a tug in her heart. She only saw the ballerina two times a week. For four hours each day. She didn't have that much knowledge about her life. The taller girl took the shorter's hands in hers. 
"Why? Is it something serious? Are you feeling fine now?" she was concerned. The minister's daughter was avoiding her gaze. Looking down at their joined hands.
"It's just from stress. I'm fine now so don't worry." The princess doubt that it was all. She wanted to ask further and try to comfort the girl. Albeit she knew that it was inappropriate. She squeezed Mina's hands and lowered her head. She put it right above their hands. The action startled the tutor. Sana gave her a goofy smile.
"It's alright Mitang. I'm here for you. I want you to know that. If you need someone, I'm just one call away." Mitang? Why is the brunette giving her nicknames? Well, she doesn't hate it. Okay, she thinks it's cute. The ballerina smiled softly and squeezed the other's hands back. 
"Thank you, Sana. It means a lot. Now, I think we should get to that physics problem." she took her hands away and turned back to the desk. The princess didn't follow her, though.
"No. I gave you a cute name and you're still calling me Sana." she crossed her arms over her chest and puffed her cheeks. The short-haired girl raised her eyebrow at the weird behavior.
"I like it. So let's study." Now a pout appeared on Sana's face. Is she really trying to have her way with Mina? By acting cute? 
"Are you acting cute, so that I go easy on you on future tests?" The ballerina made an attempt at changing the subject. Also, she was giving in to the adorable act. The brunette thought for a moment.
"You've discovered my evil plan. Now I have to send secret service after you." the serious look on the princess's face and the monotonous tone she spoke with, made the short-haired girl burst out laughing. The squirrel girl let out a giggle, trying to keep composed.
"Are they gonna burst through the window?" they just laughed more. Tears forming in the corners of their eyes. 
"Most likely. They like to be extra." Sana said when both of them calmed down. There was a moment when the two just looked into each other's eyes. Without a word. It was interrupted, unfortunately. There was a knock on the door, that was already opened. The two girls turned their heads at a speed of light. In the doorway, the Empress was standing with a smile on her face. Mina got up from her chair and bowed a little. Sana didn't bother, she just kept sitting.
"I'm sorry for my intrusion. We have a guest." The princess sighed. She doesn't want to sit with another of her father's friends.
"We are busy with physics. The guest would be fine without me." her mother certainly expected such a reply. That's why she came prepared.
"I guess, Yoo Jeongyeon will have to spend a boring day with the two oldies" she got the reaction she was hoping for. Her daughter stared at her in disbelief. 
"She's here? Why? I will be there soon. I need to change clothes first." the brunet took a glance at her comfortable pants and shirt. Definitely not worthy of meeting with Jeongyeon.
"I'll let her know. It's nice you have more friends now." was all Mrs. Minatozaki said before closing the door and walking away. 
After a second of silence, Sana squealed. She jumped up and down laughing like a happy kid.
"Oh my god, Mina. It's her. The girl that stole my heart." Mina was very much lost but she still smiled at her friend. 
"That's good. Though, the daughter of the President of South Korea being in Japan is fascinating." The princess didn't care about that. She closed all of the books and notebooks and took the short-haired girl by the hand. She led them out if the study room into the mansion. Yet again the ballerina was confused. How did they go from studying to being playful, to running through the halls, heading for the princess's bedroom? When they were in there, Sana locked the door and walked up to her closet. That's how the selection of the best outfit began. It didn't last long. The two were really cooperative. 
"How is it?" The brunette stood in front of the penguin girl. She looked beautiful. What else could Mina say? She had to come up with something. It would be awkward if she just said that. She took a while to reply and the squirrel girl got anxious. She bit her lip and turned to the mirror. Scrutinizing herself in it.
"You look beautiful. I think that she will be awestruck when she lays her eyes on you." Sana glanced at her friend through the mirror and saw a gorgeous gummy smile. How could it not made her feel all warm and happy? She nodded and moved to the door. 
"I'll walk you to the door. I'm sorry for destroying our studies." the ballerina got up from the spacious bed and walked up to the other girl.
"Your crush is more important. Okay, I can't believe I actually said that. Just go and make her fall for you." they were standing by the entrance already and Mina was ready to go out. But Sana stopped her one last time. She hugged her and pulled away from her a little.
"Don't think I forgot about the nickname thing. There's no way out of it." the short-haired girl giggled in the sweetest way possible and the brunette felt as if she made the biggest accomplishment in her life.
"We'll see about that." Mina separated herself and opened the door. Before she left, though, she said one last thing. "Satang" the doors closed and the girl was gone. Leaving Sana alone by the entrance, grinning like an idiot. She headed to the living room where her parents and Jeongyeon waited for her. Being very confident. She feels like that meeting will end with something really good.

 

Jeongyeon was waiting with anticipation. Her eyes moving towards the door every few seconds. She will see her again. Her muse. She dreamt about this day. She would walk up to the princess and kiss her hand. With a charming smile, she would shower her with compliments. Then they would take a walk in the gardens and have an intimate moment. But when Sana entered the room, the blonde was speechless. She was stunned by the beauty making her way inside. With a playful smile. Jeongyeon raised and bowed to the brunet.
"My lady. It's an honor to see you again. You look beautiful." The princess sat next to the guest and the president's daughter's breath hitched.
"My daughter never looks ugly. Everything thanks to her breathtaking mother." the Emperor complimented both of the women. They smiled thankfully at the man. Jeongyeon nodded, her eyes never leaving the girl next to her.
"Jeongyeon came here to study and will visit us. We have to keep those wonderful relations between our countries." The Empress informed her daughter and she couldn't be happier. She will see her crush so much. Is it a dream? She gotta tell Momo and Mina all about it. 
"It is very kind of you. What are you studying?" She turned her gaze at the Korean girl and saw her eyes on her the whole time. She got a little bashful but tried to hide it.
"What else than politics? I thought it would be nice to visit a different country. So, why not the one full of beautiful sights." The President's daughter never took her gaze from the princess. She was staring intensely. 
"Ha! That's what I'm saying. South Korea is beautiful just as much. We will come there soon, probably. Sana needs to improve her chemistry and physics skills first." She rolled her eyes at her father's statement. She did have to be embarrassed in front of the girl she liked.
"I'm sure Sana is doing fine at it." Oh my. Isn't Jeongyeon too sweet?
"Thank you. I'm doing fine. Ask Mina. She is a perfect tutor." Her parents looked at her with doubt. 
"I hope you're not using the same age as an advantage."
"Mom! I'm behaving. Mina is really amazing at teaching. You did a great job at finding her, thank you." Sana crossed her arms over her chest. She's offended and embarrassed because her parents keep teasing her.
"You speak well of her. I don't doubt she's doing a fine job." How is the older girl not making fun of her yet? She's truly an angel. She picked the right person.
"You're so sweet Jeongyeon. Thank you." She put her hand on the other's hand. The girl got shy and made the younger smile smugly. She liked that reaction.
"Will you join us for lunch? We would be honored." Mrs. Minatozaki clapped her hands and waited with anticipation for the answer.
"How could I deny such an offer. I would be the honored one."

 

She was so close. The bunny-like girl was standing in the line in Jumpin' Beans and concentrated hard. She had to ask the hot barista out already. It's been a few months since she started crushing on the cute woman. She just never had enough courage and freaked out. Today was the day it will change. It's her turn.
"Welcome back, Nayeon." Oh my god! She knows my name? What is this? She wasn't ready.
"Hi, eh, Jihyo?" Why did she ask her? She knows her name since the first day. The short girl just giggled at her reaction.
"The usual? For Momo as well?" She remembers this as well?! What is even air? Nayeon doesn't know anymore. 
"Yes, thank you. I will wait here. When you will prepare the things." She had to cringe at her awkwardness. She's so pathetic. But Jihyo just laughed at that again. Her laugh is like honey. 
Momo's forehead hurt from all those times she slapped herself on it. Why is her friend so useless whenever she's talking with the barista? She's the most confident person on Earth. She's always being annoying with it. Jihyo was busy behind the counter and Nayeon looked back at her with fear in her eyes. The dancer motioned for her to go for it. The older shook her head violently. She's done. She got up and walked up to them. The bunny girl figured out what she was trying to do and blocked her way. Well, attempted to.  Momo was standing in front of the counter and her friend was pulling her by the arm. The raccoon girl is much stronger though. The short girl turned to them and was a little confused. The dancer never comes to the counter unless she's here by herself.
"Will you go on a date with Nayeon?" The older girl gasped loudly and pushed her friend, in the opposite direction. She glared daggers at her.
"Don't listen to her. She doesn't know what she's talking about." She laughed awkwardly and reached for her order. Jihyo was silent. Until she wasn't.
"I'd like that." What? Nayeon was stunned. Did her crush just agree to go out with her? How? She never did anything to make her like her.
"Well, that was easy. You owe me jokbal, Nabongs. I hope you know what you're signing for. This girl is high-key irritating." Jihyo smirked. She thought that the older girl was cute and charming in her own way. She always waited for the two to come and have a little interaction with her.
"I'll be fine. Should I give you my number?" She took a sharpie and started writing not waiting for the reply. When she looked up, the bunny girl was still stunned and Momo had a smug expression on. Her best friend was grinning from the entrance. Well, she's done now. Mina approached them and eyed the three.
"The day has come, huh? I'm happy it did. That was kinda painful to witness." She stated and Jihyo swatted playfully at her arm. Earning a giggle.
"You're the hot tutor!" The raccoon girl yelled. Making everyone in the cafe look at them. The ballerina's eyes widened.
"I didn't know you're this type of tutor, Mina." The barista teased and her friend rolled her eyes. That also woke Nayeon up and she glanced at the newcomer. 
"Oh, the hot tutor." That made the short girl burst out laughing and the tutor to breath heavily.
"I hope it's not how Sana describes me." The two denied this by shaking their heads.
"We checked your pics and it's our opinion. Though I'm sure she thinks so too. Like, who wouldn't." Momo protected her friend's dignity. She liked to but this would be too much.
"Even Nayeon? Maybe you want a date with Mina? She's pretty lonely." The older girl jumped at the indication. She was offended.
"Never. I'm not blind that's all. You're still hotter to me." Maybe she could've phrased it in a better way.
"Thanks. Eh, I need to work. Why won't you guys take Mina with you? She doesn't bite. Unless you mess with her Nintendo switch." 
"It's a serious matter. Chaeyoung deleted all the saves. All of them! Who does that?!" Jihyo looked at them communicating I told you so with them. They smiled at the complaints.
"You two would be such a cute couple. If it wasn't for your games." The ballerina glared at her best friend. Okay, maybe she went too far with her teasing. She smiled apologetically and prepared her an Americano. The tutor took it and went with the two to their table. They had a great time actually. The CEO heard many stories from Momo and Sana's childhood and Nayeon told her about hers as well. She could only do the same. She felt comfortable and she doesn't feel that way often with strangers. The two friends were just kind. 
"Wait, aren't your sessions two hours long. Shouldn't you be there still?" Momo got a bit worried. What if Sana did something stupid and the tutor left? She'll have to slap her for offending such an angel.
"Yoo Jeongyeon came to Japan for some time. She's at the palace. Sana was overjoyed. She's pretty obvious with her feelings." The dancer wasn't sure if that's good news or not. Her friend likes this girl but how the other feels? 
"I hope she didn't kick you out." Mina shook her head and sipped on her coffee.
"Not at all. I didn't mind. She is doing really well. And she seemed to like the president's daughter." The other two heard all about it.
"Prepare yourself. That's all she will talk about to you from now on." Nayeon groaned. She was glad the princess found someone she likes but sometimes she was overdoing it.
"She can as long as she will pay attention and do her homework. It must be hard for her. She can't be with her crush. It's unfair but we can't do much about it unless she will give up her position." The dancer knew it all too well. Her best friend was hurting because of her title. But she doesn't want to upset her parents, so she will go on like this. The eldest noticed loneliness and regret in Mina's eyes. The younger is the daughter of the minister. She probably faces the same situation. 
"She won't do it. She doesn't want to disappoint her parents." Momo wanted to explain it to the ballerina. She will be their new friend and she should know.
"I know. It's understandable." Nayeon didn't like the heavy atmosphere. 
"Won't we talk about me scoring a date with Jihyo?" The raccoon girl eyed her with a raised brow.
"You mean me scoring you a date." She got a roll of eyes and a soft giggle.
"Same thing. So, what she likes? Where do I take her?" She flooded the tutor with questions. Mina answered them all and made sure that their date will be successful. It had to be, that's what Jihyo deserves and Nayeon as well. She wants her friends to be happy.

 

In the evening Momo got a call from squealing Sana. She couldn't come over today, so they decided to call each other at the end of the day.
"She was so charming. We went for a walk in the gardens and it was so amazing. I think she likes me too. She's cute when she blushes." She was rambling like that for about an hour. It's always like that. 
"Mina helped me pick the perfect outfit. She's seriously extraordinary. She's good at everything." Her best friend never talked about her tutors or in such a way. She really liked the ballerina, huh? Well, the dancer liked her as well, so maybe there's something to it.
"We met her at Jumpin' Beans today. She has such a big heart. She helped Nayeon plan her date with Jihyo and didn't get annoyed. She's fun to be around, though she's a little shy." The princess hummed on the other end. She was shy in an endearing way. 
"It's endearing. Her laughs are so melodious, I like them. Her gummy smile shouldn't be that beautiful honestly. But I like her personality the most. She makes me feel like I can do it. Like I can do anything and be whoever I want to be. Does it make sense? You're my only friend." It made a lot of sense. Momo smiled sweetly.
"It does. I'm so happy you met someone like that. She's a keeper. Don't do anything stupid, okay?" She didn't want her best friend to get hurt, but also the ballerina to get hurt either. Somehow, she had a good feeling about this.
"I won't. I'm keeping her for sure." The two talked some more and decided to sleep. Sana was giddy. She thought about doing something. She wasn't sure if it's a good idea. She did it anyway.
*Sana*: "Goodnight. Sleep tight, Mitang. I thought, that maybe I can call you and talk with you for a while so that you will sleep better. I understand if you don't want to though." She sent it and anxiously waited for a reply. Her phone buzzed after several minutes.
*Mitang*: "That's so sweet of you. I think I might take you up for that offer. Just don't fall asleep on me." The princess immediately dialed the ballerina's number and put it on the speaker. It took two rings for the other to pick up.
"I knew you can't get enough of me. I work wonders." The first thing she heard was a soft giggle, she ain't complaining.
"Keep telling yourself that. Maybe you'll do your homework better." Sana whined cutely. That only made the other laugh louder.
"You're quite the teaser." She paused and got serious all of a sudden. "Are you tired? Do you feel like you can fall asleep?" Mina was silent. That wasn't a good sign.
"I am tired. It doesn't mean I will fall asleep easily. Jihyo is sleeping well, though. Her date with Nayeon went very well. She was all mushy, it makes me happy." The squirrel girl smiled. This girl is so kind-hearted. She cares more about others.
"Momo told me that Nayeon is the same way. I'm glad they were able to get together." She was honest. She heard thousands of stories about failed attempts of asking the barista out.  "Did Jihyo like Nayeon all along? Or just thought she could try?" 
"She always thought Nayeon is cute. I told Jihyo that she's trying to ask her out, that she has a crush on her. Because at first, she thought Nayeon has bad anxiety and that's why she acted like this." Sana could hear typing and a few mouse clicks along with ballerina's answer. 
"So you're really that observant. I have to try harder to hide all the snacks better. I'm happy that Nayeon can be sure this can work." Her tutor hummed in response but didn't say anything. Judging from the sounds she was focusing on writing. The older girl waited patiently for her to finish.
"I'm sorry. I had to finish this report. I'm done now. You have my unlimited attention." She snorted at the news. 
"Why are you writing reports at midnight?" It must've been a hard question as she didn't get a reply immediately.
"That's my only free time to do that. I started at 7 anyway, so I'm not exactly writing them at midnight." How busy is this girl? Do students really have that much work to do? Or is it something else?
"Why is it your only free time? The studies are that busy? That's probably why you have a hard time falling asleep." The squirrel girl pulled her duvet closer and hugged her plushie tighter. She wondered if the other is in her bed or is still sitting by her desk.
"I don't only have studies. I work at my mother's company in a high position. The reports are for the latter. My school work was done earlier. And yes, that's probably one of the reasons I can't sleep sometimes." Her mother's company? What type of company? Maybe she will just google it. But asking would be faster. It kinda embarrassing though.
"What company? I don't know what your mom is doing." 
"Because I didn't tell you. It's an event company. Basically, we organize events and parties for people. Well, wealthy people. It could be a wedding, birthday celebration, promotion at work, successful transaction or political events. I'm sure we did your last banquet at the palace." It sounds fun. At least for someone that didn't work there. But the information that caught her attention the most was that they organized the last banquet. She has never seen Mina before, definitely didn't see her there. Did the girl saw her?
"Hold up. You did? I haven't seen you. Did you see me? Oh my god, I loved those cakes, you know the ones that had a nutty taste and with a caramel." The younger giggled at the excitement of the other girl. 
"I'm glad you did. Our pastry chefs spend a lot of time perfecting them. After all, it was for the royal family. Your mother wanted to introduce me to you. I did saw you, you seemed to have a great time with Jeongyeon though. So I politely declined." What would have happened if they met at that event? Sana got an idea popping in her head after hearing this. Somehow she didn't feel weird about teasing the other.
"Did you take this job because you found me very attractive and fell for me that day?" She tried to hold in her laughter. She could imagine the ballerina rolling her eyes.
"Yes, of course. I just thought that the way you shoved those cakes in your mouth was incredibly attractive. Don't get me started with the way you spilled that sauce at savory dishes table." The squirrel girl couldn't hold it anymore. Mina joined her in the laughter and for a while, it was the only sound feeling both rooms. 
"I knew it. No one can resist the way I shove food in my mouth. I actually feel a little embarrassed right now. I was sure no one had noticed that. Also sorry about the sauce. You know that I'm clumsy." 
"I saw you looking around for any witnesses. I saw it by chance. I was scanning the room in search of empty plates and you happened to stand close to one. I know about the sauce from the waiter. He was nervous because it was a princess who did it and he couldn't talk at all. I think she fell for your charm as well." Sana had a permanent grin on her face during their conversation. The ballerina stopped for a second considering her word choice. "I'm sure that Jeongyeon likes you a lot. Her eyes never left you." Oh. That's good news. 
"Really? That's perfect. Except it isn't. I can only be with her in my dreams." She stared blankly at the time of their call. It's been 40 minutes already. Her time with Mina was passing too fast. She wished it would pass slow, drag itself. She wished she can love whomever she wants. 
"It's not all lost. You will be the Empress soon. You can change the law. I don't know your parents that long but I'm sure they will accept you. No matter if you want to marry a woman or man." The younger is in a similar situation, right? 
"Perhaps. They will but they like tradition. I will still have to marry that guy they have found and then I could actually try. Why won't you try to change the law?" The older girl only heard a heavy sigh.
"My parents aren't tolerant. I love them, they are great parents but they would disown me in a heartbeat. They wouldn't have a daughter anymore. They would also destroy any possibilities for me to achieve something. I could only find a job in a coffee shop. They are very influential, one word and your life ends." Sana wasn't sure what to say. It was cruel. How could someone do something like that to their daughter?
"Just because you don't agree with them? That's cruel. They have no right to do that-" She was cut was Mina.
"They are my parents. They can do that. I have a responsibility. Part of it is marrying the person they want me to. To work where they want me to. I know you can break free, you are brave. I'm just a coward." The squirrel girl's heart hurt after this. She wanted to say something, anything that would make the other feel better. She didn't have an opportunity to do so. "It's really late. I'm sleepy, so I will just go to bed. Thank you for talking to me. Sleep well, Sana." The ballerina ended the call at the moment the older wanted to speak.
"Sleep tight, Mitang."

 

It's been two weeks and it's Friday. What does it mean? The princess will be meeting her soon-to-be- husband. She wasn't excited at all. She wanted to be everywhere else instead of here. Momo, of course, was unavailable due to her classes and work, and couldn't be present as she's not part of an important family. They really had to schedule it for 6 p.m., just to mess with her. She was also upset and tired. She slept for three hours. The squirrel girl spent most of the night worrying about Mina. She texted her today and tried to call but didn't get an answer. It made her even more anxious. Sana was sitting in her bedroom looking at her gown. She liked it. She looked in the mirror. She liked the make-up. It was the usual thing. 
A knock got her attention. Her mom was standing in the door in her dress, ready for the event that will begin in half an hour.
"Need help with putting the dress on?" The brunette nodded and the Empress walked closer to the gown on her bed. The girl got up and the two put on the dress in no time. "Why do I feel like you're upset?" Great. The only missing thing was an interrogation. She moved to her cabinet to take the prepared necklace and tied it around her neck. The older woman helped her lock it.
"It's just that Momo won't be here and I'm meeting my future husband." She got an understanding nod from her mother. 
"If it helps a little. Mina will be here." Sana looked up at the woman in a split second. Impossible. That might not be as bad as she thought.
"She will? But she said-" She was interrupted.
"I know. I was surprised as well. Apparently, she thought it would be appropriate to come today. Isn't it great?" It was incredible. 
"It's perfect."

 

In the main hall, the princess wasn't looking after her fiancee. She was trying to spot her tutor. It seemed like everyone was there except for the Minister of Health with his family. Where is she? Her parents stood next to her thinking their daughter can't wait to meet Hidenori and were content with this thought. The grand doors opened again and there Minister walked in. His wife right next to him. Both were smiling politely to the guests from the very entrance. Mina and a guy she didn't recognize were right behind. Arm in arm. The pair was mirroring the older couple's action and were greeting everyone warmly. Sana admits it was irrational but she speed-walked towards the ballerina not minding anyone else and snatched her away. Literally. She grabbed her arm and dragged her out of the hall. Leaving every person present confused.
The squirrel girl led them into an empty room and closed the door. She put her hands on it and took a deep breath.
"Did you just kidnapped me? You did a very bad job at it." She snorted at the younger's remark and turned to face her. Mina looked confused. The problem was, the princess had no idea why she did that.
"Well, you didn't resist. So it's not a kidnapping." The short-haired girl smiled softly and she could only do the same.
"You left before your fiancee arrived. With a minister's daughter. That's scandalous." She's right. The brunette didn't act most reasonably.  But it. She moved closer and embraced the ballerina. Yet again, the tutor was caught off guard and wasn't sure if she should reciprocate the hug. She did in the end.
"I'm sorry Mina. I shouldn't have said those things yesterday." The younger shook her head. It was only her fault.
"No. I am sorry. I shouldn't have ended the call in such a way. I am in no way upset with you." The older squeezed her and then let go. Grinning like an idiot.
"Thank god. I couldn't sleep well because of that. I thought I did something wrong." This was the first time the ballerina initiated any type of skinship between them. She grasped the other's hand and looked right into her eyes.
"You didn't do anything wrong. Not once since we have met. Don't worry that much, I feel guilty now. " Sana took her other hand.
"Don't be." And they just stayed like that. Holding hands and staring into each other's eyes until the short-haired girl seemed to realize something and she pulled away fast. She broke the eye contact as well. The squirrel girl would've lied if she said it didn't affect her. It hurt a little.
"We have to go back. I'm sure your fiancee had already arrived and everyone is looking for you." She moved passed the other girl and exited the room. The princess followed obediently. Just as the girl thought, Hidenori was standing next to Sana's parents with his parents. Mina separated from her and joined her family and the guy the brunette didn't know. She headed towards her soon-to-be-husband.