Chapter 12

The way you fall

Oh my, I am done already. I hope it is at least fine. I really can't write romantic stuff but I try to improve. And so we came to the end. I can't believe it is the last chapter. I love this story so much. Thank you everyone that read and enjoyed the story and to all that shared their thoughts with me. I love you all! Thank you so much for liking this story. I hope to see some of you in my next story. Take care, everyone!

 

"Are you mental?" It wasn't the reaction Mina was hoping for but it definitely the one she expected. Jihyo, Chaeyoung, and Tzuyu yelled it all at once which brought all the attention to them. Mina looked around the restaurant nervously and saw every single guest's eyes staring at them.
"We are in public, you know. Don't yell like that." Mina tried to scold them but the three girls just glared at her. 
"Why would you even do it?" Jihyo was dumbfounded at the incredible plan Mina had. She wanted to knock Mina over the head for it and get it out of her mind.
"They are my parents. It's been two years, guys. They even tried to contact me but all of you forbid me from even looking in the general direction of their house." Mina knew that this idea would make everyone turn on their overprotective mode. But she wanted to do it. Her parents called her so many times and even sent letters with apologies. She wanted to meet them and talk to them. It wasn't a big deal. Apparently, it was for her friends. 
"It doesn't matter how much time passed, Mina. Your father is a jerk and your mother didn't do anything. Just because they tried to contact you and apologized doesn't mean they are honest." Tzuyu couldn't forgive Mina's father. She would never do it. And she wanted Mina to do the same thing. But Mina has to be Mother Teresa and be merciful. 
"I know you are all angry with them but I think they understood that they were acting wrong." Mina was always giving them the same reasons to forgive her parents. They were based just on Mina's feelings and to the three it made the reasons not good enough.
"You can't know that. Mina, you have a happy life now. Why would you want to get involved with them again?" Chaeyoung sounded the calmest out of them. She tried to act that way because she thought that would get to Mina more. Albeit, Mina still didn't change her mind.
"I would know if you all let me see them. I am happy now and I want to face them to show them that. I want them to know I am happy. Also, they don't know about the wedding so don't even try telling me they want to see me because of that." They all remained silent after Mina's little speech. They were thinking about her words and tried do decide if they really should stop Mina. Then Jihyo let out a heavy sigh.
"Fine. But under one condition." It surprised the rest. That Jihyo was the first one to agree. Though Mina didn't like the condition part.
"What would that be?" Jihyo looked right into Mina's eyes and didn't say anything for a few seconds.
"You will meet them in a public place where we all would be and you won't tell them about the wedding." It was all reasonable. Mina didn't have a problem agreeing to this. She only worried about one thing, that her friends would overreact and do something stupid at some point.
"That's two conditions." Chaeyoung pointed out and faced Jihyo's glare which effectively made her drop the subject.
"It could be here. We would be sitting a few tables further and observe everything." Tzuyu suggested and the rest agreed. They had the first part of the plan down. Mina had to reach out to her parents and invite them and it would be all done. Mina hoped that the meeting would go well. She really wanted to see her parents again. No matter how their relations looked like two years ago.
"I have one more question?" Jihyo said out of nowhere and Mina thought she knew what would it be about. "Does Sana know about it?" 
The way Mina looked at the table and didn't say anything answered Jihyo's question. 
"I don't want to worry her. I will tell her after the meeting. Even if it would be a disaster." Mina said honestly and her friends understood her. 
"Just remember to tell her things, Mina. Don't hold everything in." Mina knew that and she tried to share her worries with Sana. She just still couldn't get rid of that feeling that told her she was burdening Sana. So sometimes Mina just kept quiet. 
"I won't. Don't worry."

A week later Mina found herself sitting by the table in the same restaurant. She was waiting for her parents that were glad she reached out to them and that she wanted to talk with them. Mina took a glance at a far-right corner and rolled her eyes at her friends. They were hiding their faces behind the menus and only their eyes and foreheads were sticking out. If anyone asked her she would say she didn't know these three. Her parents still had 10 minutes to the arranged time. Her parents never came late and she hoped they won't then. If they did her friends would get angrier and wouldn't let her see them ever again. Mina was moving her leg anxiously and was looking around the place, avoiding her friends' table. She was observing the door every time someone entered until her parents were the ones walking in. She remained on her seat and waited for them. Her parents looked just as nervous as she was. They approached her slowly but steadily and sat on the other side of the table.
"We are so happy you have reached out to us, Mina. We were thinking that you would never want to see us again." Mina's mother was the first one to speak. Her voice was wavering and her hands were shaking. 
"I am glad you two still wanted to see me. I have ignored you a lot." Her parents nodded at her words and it worried Mina a little.
"You had all the right to ignore us. We would still hope that one day you would come to us." Mina's mother got rid of any worry that was born in Mina. They all weren't sure what they should start with. So much had happened then and they hadn't seen each other for two years. They were a little awkward with each other. But they couldn't just sit there in silence. Mina's father went there with one goal and he wanted to achieve it.
"Mina. I am very deeply sorry for all the heartbreak I have caused you in all those years. I know I had made your life miserable and I have truly understood it after you left. Nothing excuses my behavior and I just want you to know that. If you are not ready to forgive me or don't want to at all it's fine." Mina could feel the sincerity in her father's voice. Even his expression was full of regret. She could see the beginning of that on the day she left but it was fully there now.
"Mina. I am also very deeply sorry. I have never noticed anything and I should have. If it wasn't for that your life would be much different. I was a part of making you miserable. And I can't forgive myself for that. But we want you to know that we love you so much and we accept all of you." Mina's mother started crying halfway through her speech and what shocked Mina her father was crying as well. It was something she had never seen before. Albeit, that made her sure that her parents really want to fix their relationship. Mina's tears started falling as well. She just wanted to forgive them. 
"I always wanted to forgive you. But either you two didn't let me or my friends advised me not to. It's alright. I am happy, you know. I'm not hurting anymore. I wanted you two to know that. I started dancing again and I have graduated from University. I am starting a new life. And I want you two in it. Maybe, it won't be ideal at first but with time we will be alright." Her parents were taken aback a little. They definitely came to the meeting with pessimistic thoughts. So Mina's words were something they didn't expect. They understood that they were acting wrong only after a few months after Mina left.
"That's amazing, Mina. We were wondering about your wellbeing and what were you doing. We are glad you are happy now." Mina smiled at them and they realized how little they had seen it before. Mina's father might have seen it for the first time in his life, to be frank. 
"Thank you. I am working on myself. It's good to see you two were doing the same thing." They were catching up after that. Mina's parents told her about their struggles in those two years and how they got to the point where they realized they were wrong. Mina told them all about her recovery and the way the simplest things were big and meaningful to her. The three girls sitting in the corner sighed in relief at the scene. They were worried for nothing. Perhaps, Mina's parents really changed. 
"So, forgive me for asking. Are you still with Sana?" Mina's father wanted to ask this since the beginning but thought it was inappropriate to mention it then. He remembered that Mina left because of that. And he wanted to get this right as well. But Mina wasn't sure how her parents knew that Sana and she were together.
"Yes. We are still together." Mina's parents looked contented at the words. They were pretty much praying for Mina and Sana to be together. Which was definitely shocking considering how they viewed this type of relationship before. But in those two years, they understood there is nothing wrong with it. That they were the ones with the wrong mindset. 
"That's such a relief. We hoped you two are still together. We were confused at first. I still remember when the empress told us about you two." The mention of Sana's mother made Mina think. If she told her parents about that, she could also mention the wedding. Albeit, they were happy they are together and didn't know if Sana and she are still together. Mina shook her head to get herself back to reality.
"So, you two are fine with it?" Mina's voice was even softer and she was looking at her parents with anticipation. 
"Of course, we are. We want happiness for you and that's what you have with Sana. It is more than fine." Mina felt like crying again. She wanted this meeting to go exactly that way but it still evoked the feeling of disbelief. At the same time, she felt like a huge weight was lifted from her heart.
"Thank you." Mina then thought that if her parents accept her and they really wanted to fix their relationship, she could tell them everything. Jihyo surely could see that the meeting was going well, so she wouldn't mind, right? They are her parents and they should know. "I actually have to tell you something." Mina had their attention and she took a deep breath. It was then or never. 
"I am getting married."

"Why won't you let Mina organize the wedding? That's literally what she was doing since high school, right?" Momo said while playing with the ribbons for the tables. Sana walked over to her and snatched it away.
"You will wrinkle it. I don't want to burden her. She has enough things to deal with. Nayeon, stop flirting with your phone and help." Sana threw the bag of napkins she was holding at Nayeon's head. Momo burst out laughing when Nayeon let out a scared yell. 
"Why are we doing it alone anyway? You are a princess shouldn't there be hundreds of people decorating?" Nayeon whined as she was scrutinizing the bag of the napkins as if it was a newly discovered thing.
"Because I want to do this myself. My mom said she would help and I haven't seen her since lunch." Sana was running around the hall frantically and had a grimace on her face. Nayeon and Momo shared a look. They were both thinking the same thing.
"Maybe, you should let more people help us. You are a ball of nerves." Sana glared at Nayeon. Or at least that was how it looked to Momo and Nayeon. To Sana, she was just looking.
"I am handling it. Though it would be better if you two actually helped."
"The help is here!" The doors opened and in walked the empress. She was alone and without anything. Which worried the three girls. Sana approached her mother and pointed at her.
"Where have you been? Mom, you promised." The empress held Sana's shoulders and smiled brightly at her. Sana was a little lost at her mother's behavior.
"Sweetheart. I was getting help for you." The rest looked around the room and into the hallway. But there was nothing. Sana took a deep breath and massaged her temples.
"Mom, there is nothing. What help?" The empress's smile grew even bigger and she let go of Sana's shoulders. She went into the hallway again and Sana glanced at her friends. They only shrugged their shoulders. Soon her mother walked in again with another woman that Sana knew and she wasn't very fond of.
"Sana. Mrs. Myoui had voiced her desire to help us. She is overjoyed to know her daughter is getting married. We will have professional help as you forbade Mina from helping." Nayeon and Momo weren't happy to see Mina's mother either. The three of them were glaring at Mrs. Myoui. Mina's mother didn't blame them. It was natural for them to be angry with her. But she was here to help with her daughter's wedding and to talk with Sana and apologize to her as well. Mina told her she should just appear at the wedding and leave it be but Mrs. Myoui insisted. The empress took her in pretty much without any trouble. As she said, if Mina forgave you then I do as well. She was sure it wouldn't be that easy with Sana though.
"Princess, I wanted to apologize. I am truly sorry for everything that happened. My husband and I understood our faults and we regret everything. We have talked with Mina and she forgave us. You don't have to forgive us but please, let me help with the preparations and let us at least see you two at the altar." Sana could tell that Mrs. Myoui was sincere. She didn't have a doubt. She was shocked to know Mina talked with her parents though. She never heard of it. She was glad they figured out things nonetheless. The empress decided to say something as her daughter was just standing and staring at Mina's mother.
"Sweetheart. Mina forgave them so we should as well. I don't doubt they feel regretful and that they want to fix their relationship. We should let them." Sana sighed and nodded in the end. She looked over to her friends and they also gave her an affirmative reply. 
"Thank you for finally understanding and changing. When did you meet with Mina?" Mrs. Myoui smiled relieved that she was accepted. She had a good feeling about that.
"Earlier today. We had lunch together and we talked everything through." Well, Mina didn't tell her about it but Sana understood why she didn't. She would have forbidden her from going. 
"I see. So, let's get to preparing. We have already thought about somethings. We should go over them." Sana gestured for everyone to sit at one of the tables and they all discussed the plan. Mina's mother proved to be fantastic at her job. And Sana learned that wedding preparations don't have to be so hard and stressful. She was having less and less anxious thoughts and her mood went up. She was happily decorating the room and didn't mind Nayeon texting with Jihyo every now and then or Momo playing with the decorations. She was just at bliss. From the thought that she was actually marrying the love of her life in a few days. That day had finally come.
"Oh my God! Mina will look so cute with that curly hair. Ah, look, look. Sana should wear these shoes. My favorite people are finally getting married. I am so happy." The empress actually started sobbing but the only one concerned and a little weirded out by the empress was Mina's mother. Nayeon, Momo, and Sana dealt with this type of behavior every day and at this point they were immune.
"Yes, they are really made for each other." Mrs. Myoui felt truly happy at that moment. She wasn't worried anymore. She was sure Mina would be the happiest here.

Sana might have thought she was ready and she was. She was sure she wanted to do it. But she still felt incredibly anxious. She would be married in just 5 hours. And it wasn't so real before. She was sitting in her room and was nervously playing with her make-up set. She was alone, as she was waiting for her hairdresser to come inside. She had still so much time left but it felt like it was so little. She worried something would go wrong and she would be late. Or she would destroy the cake. Or she would fall down the stairs. Basically, that she would destroy the most beautiful day in her life. She remembered Mina's words from the other night. She called her silly and said that nothing would destroy their wedding. Even if she did all of the listed things. Mina would still love her the same and wouldn't change her mind. Mina was truly an angel.
"Sweetheart, why are you so sulky?" Sana's mother walked in without knocking. She actually never knocked to Sana's annoyance. She could at least do it when Mina was inside but no. She just barges right in.
"Mom, can you at least knock one time?" The empress giggled and walked closer to Sana. She trapped her head in her hands and gave her a kiss on the forehead. 
"Now, now, sweetheart. Believe me, I only come in when I know you are not doing anything embarrassing or indecent." Sana groaned loudly at that. How would she even know that nothing is happening? Her mother was weird sometimes. But then she thought that there might be cameras in her room and her mother might be spying on her.
"There are no cameras, right." The empress shook her head at the silly question. Why would she install cameras here? She wasn't that overprotective. 
"Don't be silly. I have mother senses that tell me everything." Sana wasn't sure why her mother talked to her as if she was 5 but at least she wasn't worried about the cameras anymore. 
They fell into silence. Sana was staring at her lap and the empress was observing her in the mirror. 
"Sana, I know you are worried. But trust me, it is just that, worry. Nothing bad will happen. You might trip, that's fine everyone will laugh and have a good memory from the day. You might stutter but that's okay. It just means your speech is honest and comes from your heart. Sweetheart, you will see tomorrow, that nothing could have destroyed this day." Sana actually felt better after her mother's speech. She smiled softly and was ready to forget about all the worries. Until her mother spoke again. "I mean unless either of you calls it off or dies. But that has such a small chance of happening. So don't worry." Sana stared at her mother blankly. The empress was just trying to joke but perhaps, she has miscalculated the results.
"I was just joking. I am sorry. Nothing bad will happen." The empress kissed Sana's forehead one more time. Sana nodded and smiled at her.
"You are right. Mina said the same thing. That nothing would destroy today." From then Sana was a little cheered up. She was still feeling tad bit anxious. Though from then she was more excited than anything. She just couldn't wait to see Mina in her dress. 

"You know, I still find it scandalous I am not your bridesmaid." Nayeon was sulking on Sana's bed. They all had this talk at least a hundred times since Sana picked Momo as her bridesmaid. Momo was her friend since they were born pretty much. Nayeon was her dear friend but Sana thought the difference was obvious.
"You won't be the bridesmaid just to be one." Momo was also getting fed up with Nayeon's whines. She was lucky Momo loved her.
"But Jihyo is Mina's bridesmaid. I think it would be cute if we did it together as a couple." Sana and Momo rolled their eyes at the ridiculous statement. Nayeon was irritating them about her relationship with Jihyo every day. They were really happy for both of them but how many times can you listen to the same thing. 
"Anyway, we have half an hour left." Sana took a deep breath. She couldn't wait anymore. She wanted to walk down the aisle already. She was fully dressed and had her speech rehearsed to perfection. Okay, that was a lie. She didn't have a speech prepared. She was going to say whatever comes to her mind when she would be standing face to face with Mina. And she hopes it would be more than holy , have I done it?. She wouldn't look Mina into eyes for at least a month after such a speech. 
"If you feel really overwhelmed just look at us. We will help you out." Nayeon got off the bed and approached Sana who was standing next to the window. Sana smiled gratefully at her. 
"I am afraid she wouldn't be able to look anywhere but Mina." Momo only half-joked. She witnessed such behavior many times in those two years. Sana sometimes only saw Mina and nothing else existed. Which was incredible until it became harmful. Like when Sana walked into a street sign because she wasn't looking. She had a huge bruise on her face after albeit she didn't care because Mina babied her after. 
"I can't believe I am the first one to get married. Nayeon what are you doing? When is yours?" Momo giggled together with Sana. Nayeon was always boasting about how she would be the first one but it was all talks.
"Don't you worry about that. Just watch who would catch the bouquet." They all burst out laughing even though it wasn't really funny. It was kind of a way to relax before the ceremony. It certainly worked.

Mina was exceptionally calm that day. Jihyo thought that it was because Mina really grew as a person. That she wasn't afraid anymore. And Jihyo was the proudest that day. She watched Mina check herself in the mirror with the biggest smile on her face. Until she felt her eyes sting. She couldn't hold her tears and her sobs got Mina's attention. She sat right next to Jihyo on the sofa and put her arm around her.
"Jihyo, what happened? Does anything hurt you?" Jihyo didn't answer and just threw her arms around Mina. She held her as tight as she could without hurting Mina.
"I can't believe my baby is getting married." Jihyo said through her sobs and Mina barely understood it. She giggled lightly and started caressing Jihyo's head.
"It's alright, mom. I am not going anywhere." Mina felt Jihyo hit her lightly on the side. She didn't want her friends to cry or worry that day. It was the happiest day and that's how she wanted everyone to be. That's how she felt herself. 
"I am so proud of you. You are so brave. I love you, Mina." Jihyo's words were all sweet but Mina couldn't help laughing. Jihyo looked ridiculous crying hard and trying to speak. Mina could only wipe her tears and keep caressing her head. 
"I am proud of myself as well. Thank you for always being here. I love you too, Jihyo." The door opened after Mina's words and Chaeyoung, and Tzuyu walked in. They grinned at the sight they found in the room.
"Jihyo, don't act like an old lady for at least a day. We are supposed to be happy today." Chaeyoung sat on the other side of Jihyo and put her head on her back. Jihyo sniffed a few times more and calmed completely. 
"You look worse than a clown, Jihyo. Good thing we have several minutes to spare." Tzuyu took the make-up set and moved to the sofa. She was met with glaring Jihyo. Tzuyu only smiled sweetly and wiped Jihyo's face.
"Will your parents come here?" Chaeyoung asked and helped Tzuyu by holding the eye shadow. Mina nodded but she wasn't sure when her parents would come to the room. She didn't exactly tell them when just to be there before the ceremony.
"We will leave you alone for that." Chaeyoung smiled at Mina and then checked on Jihyo's face. Tzuyu was doing something for sure. But it wasn't to Chaeyoung's liking. So she interrupted her and started doing her thing. Tzuyu got annoyed and complained about it. And that's how a fight started. Jihyo had to scold them and took away the make-up set. She went to the mirror to fix it herself.
"Chaeyoung, do you have the rings?" It wasn't that Mina didn't trust Chaeyoung. She was just checking to be sure. If Chaeyoung forgot them she could just go get them still. Chaeyoung gave her thumbs up and then took the rigs out of her purse. 
"I was afraid you would make a joke that you didn't have them at the ceremony. I guess you are not that stupid." Chaeyoung's lack of reply made Tzuyu sure that she was right.
"You can't be serious?" Jihyo moved closer to Chaeyoung. Upon seeing Jihyo's glare Chaeyoung hid behind Mina. 
"But I changed my mind. Come on, I wouldn't have shown the rings right now if I was gonna make this joke." Jihyo shot her one more glare before nodding. Chaeyoung sighed in relief, she felt like her life had been spared then.
"Thank you for changing your mind, Chaeyoung." Mina stated and Chaeyoung laughed awkwardly. The atmosphere in the room changed when someone knocked on the door. They were sure who it was so Jihyo gestured for Chaeyoung and Tzuyu to get ready to leave.
"We will be just outside. We will be here when you are done." Mina nodded at Jihyo. Tzuyu opened the door then and greeted Mina's parents. When all the formalities were done Mina got up from the sofa and stood in the middle of the room. Her parents approached her and admired her.
"You look beautiful, Mina. I see that the empress got you to curl your hair." Mina laughed a little at the mention. Sana's mother visited her a few hours before and requested this hairstyle for her. The empress then didn't want to leave even when the hairdresser asked her many times. The empress gushed over Mina the whole time her hair was being done.
"Yes, she was really excited about this. I love it as well. You both look great as well. I am really glad you are here." Mina was being truthful. Her father won't be walking her down the aisle but it didn't matter. They would still be sitting in the first row. 
"We are happy to be here. I am sure your mother will cry her eyes out at the ceremony." Her father joked but there was truth to it. Mrs. Myoui didn't deny it. 
"I think she won't be the only one. She will join the empress and Jihyo. Though Sana told me the emperor might just cry as well." They all laughed lightly at the image of the most important person in the country crying. That's what made him human though.
"He will walk you down the aisle as well?" Mina nodded to her mother's question. Sana's father was really good to her. He actually asked her to help him with some work and they were working together since. It has been a year already. It was something Mina would be doing until the next rulers take over.
"It is time, huh? We will go sit and wait for the grand entrance. I can't wait to see Sana as well." Mina's mother said happily but she remained in her position. She wanted to do one more thing albeit she wasn't sure if she should. Mina managed to read her mind though and she put her arms around her mother. Mrs. Myoui's squeezed Mina tightly and held her tears for the ceremony. After they were done Mina turned to her father and did the same thing. He didn't expect to receive a hug from Mina so early but he reciprocated it. He also teared up and held it all in.
"See you, guys."

The first one to walk down the aisle was Sana. She was met with sounds of awe and she saw her mother sob hard together with Nayeon. She shook her head at them and glanced at her father. And she saw tears streaming down his cheeks. She smiled brightly at the sight. She wouldn't cry just yet. They made it to the altar and there Momo was squinting her eyes hard to keep her tears in check. Sana started wondering if it was a funeral and not a wedding. She put her arm around Momo's shoulder and squeezed her a little. Then it was just deafening silence and wait for Mina to walk in. She stood there with shaking hands and stared at the entrance. She looked at Chaeyoung and Tzuyu and got warm smiles from them. At least some people kept it together. Sana heard the tapping of the heels and took a deep breath. The first one to walk in was Jihyo. She headed for the altar with a soft smile painted on her face. She looked at everyone and smiled even more upon seeing Nayeon sobbing together with the empress. And several steps after Jihyo there was Mina. Sana forgot what is air for a moment. She was mesmerized by Mina. She looked literally breathtaking. But Sana still thought like it wasn't enough to describe how beautiful Mina looked then. Sana started breathing when her father gave Mina's hand to hers and it felt like it always belonged there. Mina had the most beautiful gummy smile on her face and it made her even more stunning.
"Sana, you can move and breath." Mina whispered and giggled softly. Sana exhaled hard and relaxed a little. She smiled brightly at Mina after.
"You are so breathtaking. I can't even find the words to describe the way I feel and the way you look and-" Mina laughed and put her finger to Sana's mouth. 
"It's alright. I understand. I can't describe it either. You are just too beautiful. But also, we should start with the actual ceremony." Mina pointed slightly at the clerk. Sana looked apologetically at the older man. He only smiled and then cleared his throat.
"Welcome."

"Look at them." Sana whispered into Mina's ear when they were dancing amongst the guests. Mina glanced in the way Sana was pointing and saw Jeongyeon and Dahyun talking with their friends. Or maybe arguing. Mina couldn't really tell as Jeongyeon looked somewhat annoyed but Dahyun, Chaeyoung, and Tzuyu were laughing together. She just hoped their friends didn't say or do something idiotic to anger the president's daughter. Right next to them was Momo who didn't care about the whole ordeal at all. She was munching on the different food she put on her plate. Both Mina and Sana grinned at that. It was very Momo like. 
"I hope they won't do anything to make Jeongyeon upset. She just wanted to have a good time." Sana reached out to Jeongyeon after a few months and talked with her truthfully. Jeongyeon understood and was happy for them. She got over her crush on Sana as well and decided not to pursue any love just yet. They were both happy that Jeongyeon and Dahyun could make it to their wedding. Mina hummed into her ear. In a different place in the hall, Sana spotted Hidenori. He was chatting with her father. Sana was glad he still kept in touch with them when he had time. It was great to have a friend like him. She didn't see her mother though. And she couldn't decide if that was a good thing or not.
"Nayeon and Jihyo are surprisingly calm." Mina kept watching their friends with a warm smile. Nayeon is known to be pretty wild and Mina thought she would do just that then. But Nayeon was hugging Jihyo close and the two were swaying to the music. 
"Thank God. I don't want to have a striptease party at our wedding." Mina shook her head at the silly comment. Mina looked at all the guests swaying to the music and she felt even happier.
"There you are!" They both jumped at the sudden loud voice. Sana's mother must have a thing for appearing out of nowhere. She was smiling hugely at them.
"Mom, one day. Please." The empress waved her hand at Sana's complaint. She put her arms around Sana and Mina and squeezed them tightly. 
"Oh my God. You two are so precious. I love you two so much." Sana's mother must have been already drunk. But truthfully, Sana was happy that her mother was so happy. The empress let go of them after a few more seconds. "Listen, you two are going to get through everything. Okay, enjoy your night. No funny business though." Mina giggled and Sana rolled her eyes. The empress grinned though and left kisses on Sana and Mina's foreheads then left. 
"It's going to be the best life." Mina glanced at Sana who was already grinning at her and nodded.
"Truly the best." They stared into each other's eyes for a few seconds and forgot about anything else.
"I love you so much, Mitang."
"I love you so much, Satang."