Chapter 6 - What Now?

Everything About Us
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

 

Hours after his announcement to marry and settle down in the coming month, CEO Kim Junmyeon was spotted leaving an exclusive restaurant in Gangnam with Ms. Yoo Jiwon, the only heiress of Sunrise Airways.

It can be recalled that the CEO refused to reveal the identity of his fiancée due to reasons unknown, but the photo of them leaving together in the mogul’s car has sparked speculations that Ms. Yoo is indeed the mystery bride. Sources say that the heiress just got back to the country on that same day, after years of studying and living overseas.

We are still awaiting confirmation from both sides, but we wish the happy couple well.

 

It was a little over 7 in the morning when Junmyeon’s phone started buzzing again, and this time he knew he could no longer ignore the messages flashing on his screen. He closed the tab of the online portal where he was reading the article and went into his inbox to respond to the texts one by one.

The first and most recent on the queue was from his mother, asking what happened and why he was now being linked to Yoo Jiwon. He opened the other messages and like he had predicted, most of them were from his brothers and two were from his sister. They had all seemed worried about him, asking him to give them a call or at least send a simple response to confirm or deny anything.

“It’ll get too tedious if you explain to them one by one,” Chanyeol commented as he put down a plate of toast on the table. “Why don’t you just conference call with everybody and tell them once and for all?”

Junmyeon had stayed the night in Chanyeol’s place, not having the energy anymore to drive back to his penthouse. Plus, he needed the taller to help him lay out everything to the rest of their family since he had already known the details. They had been talking for over an hour since they woke up, with Junmyeon providing a more in-depth narrative of what had transpired the day prior.

Chanyeol at one point might have had expressed that the entire ordeal sounds ridiculous and too drama-ish, (saying this kind of agreements only exist on those shows that hopeless romantic high-schoolers enjoy), but had to agree with it since he too had no better suggestions in mind.

“You’re right, I guess. I’m getting stressed out about having to repeat the story over and over.”

“It’s Saturday so I’m sure everybody’s got some time. And they’re probably already waiting for your call. Especially Jisoo. Knowing her, she’ll squeeze all the necessary details from you if she has to,” Chanyeol sounded too amused as he thought of the youngest Kim.

And he was right. Junmyeon could only agree that his only sister would want first dibs on knowing the truth and getting to meet his new fiancée. Not bothering to have some breakfast, he headed to the living room and started setting up Chanyeol’s laptop on the table.

Might as well start now if he wanted to get this over with.

 

Please log in to read the full chapter