Chapter 7.5 - Buy Me a Ring

Everything About Us
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

It was well past 6 in the evening when they wrapped up their mock interview with Chanyeol, and Jiwon had to admit that they’ve been quite productive with their task for today. For one, they now have a somewhat convincing story to tell everyone who asks, complete with romantic details and cheesy clichés enough to make her want to puke rainbows. Chanyeol had insisted that it is a must for them to seem head over heels for each other, and that they might as well play their parts effectively if they wanted to make this work.

Somewhere along the way, the question of whether their respective companies will merge popped up, and they have decided to just give the safest answer they could find. Sunrise Airways is a successful, stand-alone enterprise, and it will not be acquired by Kim Global Group just because of the upcoming marriage. They supposed no one would question this excuse, given that they’d emphasize that it was not an arranged marriage for business interests in the first place.

Junmyeon looked exhausted by the end of their discussions, and he had long given up on arguing with his cousin over the smallest things. He had been reasonably pliant with the taller’s ideas, even agreeing with a snort when Chanyeol dramatically announced that he’s appointing himself to be the official director and producer of this entire scheme.

“ing lunatic. What do you think this is, an Oscar movie?” he remarked, which Chanyeol just expertly ignored.

“If we’re done with this bizarre brainstorming session, I actually have to go,” Jiwon said, catching the attention of both men.

“Do you still have to go somewhere? I was thinking we could all go out for dinner,” the CEO answered as he slouched back into the couch.

Jiwon gave him a teasing look, and Junmyeon knew she was going to say something cheeky again. In a span of one night he had come to figure out that the heiress can be unpredictable at times – one moment she’s serious and reserved, a fine heiress to behold, and the next she’s sarcastic and sassy, teasing Junmyeon out of nowhere and hitting every part of him she could reach if she gets pissed.

She’s a firecracker, that’s for sure.

“We’ve spent almost half the day together already, love. Now you want to go have dinner with me?” She chaffed, blinking her eyes cutely in the CEO’s direction. “Are you going to miss me immediately if I leave now?”

Junmyeon was caught off guard and he blanked out for a few seconds, enough time for Chanyeol to heartily laugh at him and his furrowed expression.

“I already like her, Jun. She’s awesome,” the tall blonde said as he gave Jiwon two thumbs up.

The heiress mouthed a ‘thank you’ and did a small curtsy while sitting.

“Aish. Stop teasing, Jiwon. Go ahead and leave, then.”

She decided to stop making fun of the CEO and gathered her phone and her purse before finally getting up. “In all sincerity, thank you for the dinner invitation, Junmyeon, but I’ll have to take a rain check on that. I have to go home and call Kyungsoo since I promised I’ll help him with the things he needs to prepare before he launches his fashion line here in Korea.”

One other thing that keeps Jiwon relieved is the knowledge that Kyungsoo will be with her again soon once he opens his clothing store here in their home country. It was one of the reasons why she was able to accept the reality of coming back after years of running.

The plan of putting up a branch in Korea had been in the works for quite some time now, and was already in its final stages so Kyungsoo assured her that he would follow as soon as everything was ready and she had nothing to worry about. They had di

Please log in to read the full chapter